Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

hey woods i do remember putting plants out side to quick and not hardening will burst your tric's ive seen it on every grow that went from insid to out
i used to do it before i had a scope cuz its not noticable with out one
just keep an eye on them with a scope when it gets really bright

Wow, I don't know if I'll be taking them out if that is the risk! Thanks for telling me this afgooey.

Here is a pic of Fatleaf's main cola from a few days ago (5 1/2 weeks)
Sorry for the low resolution. Older camera!

DSCF0005_-_Copy.JPG

the reason your strain does that is cuz it was stabilized while grown under 24/0 for veg
the reason 12 hours dark causes flowering is cuv in the light mj's cells are damaged and during the dark it repairs itself so a plant that has never seen dark (i/e 24/0) when put in a good amount of dark daily it will be confused and precieve as the end of its cycle inducing flowering
and putting plants out to early in spring will also cause flowering cuz the light out side is still 12/12 or atleast close enough to cause flowers
i dont know were your strain came from but most comercial growers use a 24/0 veg cycle
hope that helps if ya did not know already
The reason any strain flowers is because the build up of floragin (the hormone thats responsible) it can only produce floragin during the dark phase and floragin is destroyed in the prescense of light. So it takes a certain peak floragin for the plant to trigger into flowering and that amount of floragin must be maintained ie disrupting the dark period causing reversion or hermis. My point though was for most all strains if you control the amount of light during veg towards the high side (19 hours on or more) you are training the plants amount of floragin ever produced and destroyed during vegging so it has become trained to except a smaller peak floragin amount to trigger flowering but with most strains if you keep them vegged in lower periods of light (18 or less on) your plants will be trained to need a large spike of floragin to trigger. My previous post was just mostly informational for people raising plants inside to be put outside how to control whether they flower immediately for an early harvest or wait to flower as normal. Also Jeorge Cervates and most other growers agree that after 18 hours of light on during veg you get diminishing returns on growth, the plants arent allowed proper dark time to convert the photon energy so growth is slowed. This can be used on your side for getting clones to focus on rooting instead of upward growth or to help keep a mother from getting out of hand but for the fastest healthest most robust plants the quickest 18 hours on 6 off is the best regimen for the plants. Now each grower may find using 20 hours on or 24 best for there situation but it is not the best situation for the vegging plants for vigorous growth. Feel free to comment on this I typed it quickly so let me know if you see any mistakes anyone thanks.

So basically a plant vegged its whole life under 24 hours on or 22 will induce and show flowers quicker and will sometimes flower under less then 12 hours dark period but a plant say vegged up under 18/6 or even 16/8 for some varieties will take longer to induce flowering (show early pistils) and will be less prone to flower immediately when put outside early in the season.

The reason any strain flowers is because the build up of floragin (the hormone thats responsible) it can only produce floragin during the dark phase and floragin is destroyed in the prescense of light. So it takes a certain peak floragin for the plant to trigger into flowering and that amount of floragin must be maintained ie disrupting the dark period causing reversion or hermis. My point though was for most all strains if you control the amount of light during veg towards the high side (19 hours on or more) you are training the plants amount of floragin ever produced and destroyed during vegging so it has become trained to except a smaller peak floragin amount to trigger flowering but with most strains if you keep them vegged in lower periods of light (18 or less on) your plants will be trained to need a large spike of floragin to trigger. My previous post was just mostly informational for people raising plants inside to be put outside how to control whether they flower immediately for an early harvest or wait to flower as normal. Also Jeorge Cervates and most other growers agree that after 18 hours of light on during veg you get diminishing returns on growth, the plants arent allowed proper dark time to convert the photon energy so growth is slowed. This can be used on your side for getting clones to focus on rooting instead of upward growth or to help keep a mother from getting out of hand but for the fastest healthest most robust plants the quickest 18 hours on 6 off is the best regimen for the plants. Now each grower may find using 20 hours on or 24 best for there situation but it is not the best situation for the vegging plants for vigorous growth. Feel free to comment on this I typed it quickly so let me know if you see any mistakes anyone thanks.

So basically a plant vegged its whole life under 24 hours on or 22 will induce and show flowers quicker and will sometimes flower under less then 12 hours dark period but a plant say vegged up under 18/6 or even 16/8 for some varieties will take longer to induce flowering (show early pistils) and will be less prone to flower immediately when put outside early in the season.

Nice Caf, more interesting bits of knowledge to digest!

High Woods!

Get your pH up and down at any garden supply store. The stuff they sell at pet shops will cost you an arm and a leg.

Personally I never take any plant outdoors if it's going back inside. Too damned easy to bring bugs in with it.

Plants look loverly! :nicejob: +Reps for a Happy Easter. :bong:

:peace:

High Woods!

Get your pH up and down at any garden supply store. The stuff they sell at pet shops will cost you an arm and a leg.

Personally I never take any plant outdoors if it's going back inside. Too damned easy to bring bugs in with it.

Plants look loverly! :nicejob: +Reps for a Happy Easter. :bong:

:peace:

Thanks Lab for coming by and given me a hand! I'll just have to raid the wifes piggy bank and take a drive, They don't have any grow or hydro shops close by, but there is a large garden center about a half hour away. Maybe they'd have it. I'll call first.

Ya, big mistake to take them out and them bring them back in! I did give them a good shake before I brought them inside, but that wouldn't help if they were already in the soil or 'attached' well to the plant! I did a thorough check on them later and didn't see anything, fingers crossed.

I really wanted to get away from using the lime. Thank you again my friend for helping out and for the Reps!

Happy Easter to all of you from me and the wife!

And to you and yours from the MountainHigh home. :yahoo:

Fatleaf is looking good bro, how is your trichome count looking compared to last grow? I see definite crustiness on the inner sugar leaves! :cheer:

Yeah I have pretty much decided to get me some PH up and use the lime in the garden....:grinjoint:

I am sitting next to some big babies....brats are getting so tall so fast I almost think they are stretching. I am gonna pull clones later (I have homes for the two other cheese clones when they get fully rooted), when they can go back under bright light after.

I do know one of these ladies is a real stinker....:Rasta:Pineapple Express smells so yummy. And cheese when rubbed puts off this wonder skunk odor. Probably her stinking in the dark...beer farts. :smokin:

:peace: brother. +rep

Why would you want to grow outdoors anyway amigo if you have a nice controlled pest free environment indoors that generally will prodice better quality bud? :)

:thumb:

And to you and yours from the MountainHigh home. :yahoo:

Fatleaf is looking good bro, how is your trichome count looking compared to last grow? I see definite crustiness on the inner sugar leaves! :cheer:

Yeah I have pretty much decided to get me some PH up and use the lime in the garden....:grinjoint:

I am sitting next to some big babies....brats are getting so tall so fast I almost think they are stretching. I am gonna pull clones later (I have homes for the two other cheese clones when they get fully rooted), when they can go back under bright light after.

I do know one of these ladies is a real stinker....:Rasta:Pineapple Express smells so yummy. And cheese when rubbed puts off this wonder skunk odor. Probably her stinking in the dark...beer farts. :smokin:

:peace: brother. +rep

Fatleaf seems to have more trichs than the mazar had when it was done. Fatleaf also smells like skunk, big time! Ya I'll try to find some of that pH up and down stuff also
Why would you want to grow outdoors anyway amigo if you have a nice controlled pest free environment indoors that generally will prodice better quality bud? :)
:thumb:

My wife has not been happy with me growing inside, ever! I gotta way with it this time, but that's only because I couldn't get a female outside last summer so I 'persuaded' (begged) my wife to let me grow inside in order to replenish my dwindling supply . Only two planted and both were male.

It's actually quite stealthy especially when the shrubs and woods explode with color and fresh green growth. The deck is elevated off the ground by about 8 ft and has railing on the three open sides. I use my wife's many potted plants camouflage it also.
I can grow quite the bush or two out there! Big sun bred buds.

Wow brother, I leave for a few weeks and the growth of your journal could be used for a metaphor to describe the growth of cannabis! FAST. Looked through some of the pics and man they look good!

hey woods ,

fat leaf looks like a real lady (yummy). i know why you like to grow outside,my last out door grow was too easy,didn't do any thing but water,got two pounds of buds. love the the out doors. mabe we'll harvest at the same time:cool:

Hey Woods...I'm curious. What size did you make your grow tent? Slappy and I are in the process of designing and building 2 for our new space and we are going to make them each 3'x3'x8' (I have high ceilings). We hope to get between 4 and 6 plants in each tent depending on the strain etc.

Wow brother, I leave for a few weeks and the growth of your journal could be used for a metaphor to describe the growth of cannabis! FAST. Looked through some of the pics and man they look good!
Welcome back to the world my friend! Thank you for the kind words, but your stuff really looks tremendous! This journal has turned into a multi topic event lately and I really enjoy it. Good to see you back!

Looking great there Woodsman!

Keep up the good work. very impressive :grinjoint:
Thank you Clowns, But my work 'pales in comparison' to yours!
Hey Buddy

Fatleaf looks good to me.:cheer:

Thank you my fine cannabis growing Hawaiian friend!

Nice job woodsy fatleaf looks yummy and speaking of outdoor buds just went and found my first outside spots for this summer gotta wait for the snow to melt though haha good growin to yah woodsy

Buds and plant's look the prettiest outside in the fresh air and bright sunshine.
So ya do a real stealth grow do ya. Terrific. Are you able to maintain it well or will it be pretty much left on it's own?
hey woods ,

fat leaf looks like a real lady (yummy). i know why you like to grow outside,my last out door grow was too easy,didn't do any thing but water,got two pounds of buds. love the the out doors. mabe we'll harvest at the same time:cool:
Glad to see you my friend! I think for me its just feels nicer to grow out of doors rather than cooped up in a tent or a closet. And yup they sure do produce big buds outside! I think Fatleaf will finish first, she's doing the best and she is the most developed, maybe two - three weeks. She's at 6 weeks now. Big Girl could be a week or so later and the Runt #4 ..who knows? One thing is for sure, we'll be enjoying ourselves soon!

Hey Woods...I'm curious. What size did you make your grow tent? Slappy and I are in the process of designing and building 2 for our new space and we are going to make them each 3'x3'x8' (I have high ceilings). We hope to get between 4 and 6 plants in each tent depending on the strain etc.

The tent has a floor space of 3' x 1 1/2' and about 3' of grow height leaving me about 6" to the lights. Are you building one for veg and the other for flower? Sounds like a nice project for you guys, I know you'll come up with something 'neat'. Can't wait to see what you do.

Update - Flower Day 43

For the first time in their short life, I've given the girls a full dose nute feeding! And now that I can check my pH, I'm much more confident. I now have and average of 6.6 for the three plants. Full dose of FFTB @ 1 and a half teaspoons Cal/Mag @ 1 and a half teaspoons. This morning when I checked in on the girls Fatleaf and Big Girl were in full tilt wilt! After the Feeding within three hours they were halfway back and after 6 hours they were standing at attention! All three have fattened up visibly, and that includes the Runt to some extent!

Buds and plant's look the prettiest outside in the fresh air and bright sunshine.
So ya do a real stealth grow do ya. Terrific. Are you able to maintain it well or will it be pretty much left on it's own?

For sure woodsy i believe that plants def look their best outside in the sunshine and as far as maintain they will be left to do their thing my man i'm gonna sprout from seed and go all the way from seed to harvest outside cuz i slacked and didn't establish inside:goodluck:i guess right haha:smokin: they will all have chickenwire enclosures and one double stack home depot bucket D.I.Y drip rez with a screened funnel on top:reading420magazine: i'll probly get up to the grow site once or twice a month but its way up a mountain and deep in the woods so as far as sufficient water source lets hope mother nature helps me out without givin me hail or more:smokin:lucky bastards in cali don't have to worry as much wish we could have weather like that but then again i have a grow site higher than 8,000 feet so imagine those lumens haha sorry to ramble woodsy got a lil to much Moroccan hash in my brain:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom