Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

I'll chime in on the NL / WW debate.
They both rock. I've never done side by side tests, but from what I remember:

the NL #5 strain, the first time I smoke it, I had a long held bong hit. Within minutes I was totally high, and then every 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes I got higher and higher. I like the high better than the WW.

the WW strain, the first time I smoked it, we smoked joints. I got such a soaring high that lasted for hours. The taste and smell are what I liked better than the NL.

Hey Wood, there seems you're arriving!!!
Waiting for harvest. :yahoo:
:peace:

Hello Super nice to see you my friend. In fact I'm a day or two from harvesting a portion of Fatleaf! Very happy and excited! I'll tell ya about it below.

I'll chime in on the NL / WW debate.
They both rock. I've never done side by side tests, but from what I remember:

the NL #5 strain, the first time I smoke it, I had a long held bong hit. Within minutes I was totally high, and then every 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes I got higher and higher. I like the high better than the WW.

the WW strain, the first time I smoked it, we smoked joints. I got such a soaring high that lasted for hours. The taste and smell are what I liked better than the NL.

Hi Joe! Thanks for reinforcing my belief or hope that I'd have a winner in the #5. I now know first hand that that I've got a winner or better yet, winners!

Let me start at the beginning. Three days ago I did a routine microscope check on all the ladies and I was lucky if I'd find an amber trich here or there. The week before I had tried my first sample of Fatleaf and I had said that it was a spacey high and that it was an OK high. At the time it was mostly 50% clear/ 50% cloudy. Today I took a tiny lower bud that had a few more red hairs than the others and following some of the fine instructions I got form you all, I microwaved it. Wow, what a buzz I got after smoking about five good hits on the old corn cob! Strong, intense and quite energetic high that lasted at least a couple of hours, three maybe. Very comparable to the Chem Dog that somehow came into my possession last month Joe.

So after I came back to earth a few hours later, I went up and checked the trichomes again. I was pleasantly surprised to find many amber trichs in about half the locations that I checked. I figure that another day or two and the other locations will start to turn and I can start chopping. Seems like the lower and tinier buds are pretty much white haired still.

I did a check on the other two ladies and found that they were still devoid of amber. Maybe one or two here and there and that was all.

I had chopped a tiny stem off of Big Girl 4 days or so ago and it was getting crispy enough to try out. So later this afternoon after I came down from Fatleaf's microwave taste, I tried a hang dried bong full of Ms. Big Girl. Now Big Girl is a wonderfully fragrant plant. But when I took that first hit off the clean porcelain bong (empty of liquid), I happy to find an exotic and deliciously tasting and smelling bouquet of oranges and tangerines! An almost instant high that got more intense as time passed. Not a couch lock at all, quite the opposite in fact. A nice pleasant up feeling of well being, slightly euphoric actually. That's two out of three with one more lady to taste! Remember, other than the Chem Dog that mysteriously appeared in my life last month I have not smoked really good stuff for many years. And then I never knew what it was anyhow! I am so happy that I've finally got some primo bud and I am feeling immense pleasure in knowing that I've grown some winners.

So I'll be chopping some of Fatleaf this week, Big Bud just needs to amber up a little bit more and she'll be ready also. Hopefully, and I am pretty confident that it will be the case, all three ladies will be 're-generated' outside this summer. Can't wait to see what the ladies will look like in October.

I am definitely ramblin here! Later folks!

Well I'm glad the WW has a good rep then , in my little stash I have some Black Widow seeds which I might throw into a new grow this weekend and presumably will be similarly liked. Also some Blue Rhino, which I'm sure is originally from a WW strain, no doubt with Blueberry.

I'm really hoping like many of us Woodsman that you are straight into your next journal whilst enjoying these good fruits of your labour!

:thumb:

I hate to say I told you so, but yeah....I am very happy that your head stash is really good too!!!!!

:goodjob::welldone::thumb::bravo: Now pics....?

And harvest date? Sounds like maybe one of them should get harvested now....for some great daytime smoke. :bongrip:

And some for nighttime....:roorrip:.

And some more just for well good times....:Rasta:.

:peace: brother.

yeahhhh woods,
sounds like its all good here...busy as usual, trying to figure the scrog thing out....i think i got it wired, now i have to get brave....your ladies look great...later, lavendar:welldone:

Well I'm glad the WW has a good rep then , in my little stash I have some Black Widow seeds which I might throw into a new grow this weekend and presumably will be similarly liked. Also some Blue Rhino, which I'm sure is originally from a WW strain, no doubt with Blueberry.

I'm really hoping like many of us Woodsman that you are straight into your next journal whilst enjoying these good fruits of your labour!

Hey buddy! I would love to try White Wilow, to grow or at least to taste some. Black Widow (sounds seductively delicious) and the Blue Rhino are both strains that I would love to sample or grow also. Dying to try the Blueberry. Maybe for next year's outdoor I'll try something exotic. Of course I'll have to narrow my choices to quicker finishing or northern latitude friendly strains. Not sure if any of those would meet the criteria.

For sure Lion I'll do an outdoor grow journal. I may not start it until I'm done with this harvest. I'll give updates on this thread in the meantime. When I'm ready to give it more of my full attention, I'll start the journal up just like normal. I'll just go back and review what I've done up till that point and then continue. .. :scratchinghead: ....... ....... Have I confused you all or am I the only one who got lost there? :Rasta: Slightly or rather 'fully baked' here!

I hate to say I told you so, but yeah....I am very happy that your head stash is really good too!!!!!

:goodjob::welldone::thumb::bravo: Now pics....?

And harvest date? Sounds like maybe one of them should get harvested now....for some great daytime smoke. :bongrip:

And some for nighttime....:roorrip:.

And some more just for well good times....:Rasta:.

:peace: brother.

Ahhh a man with similar needs! Ideally I would like a smoke for every occasion, mood, whim or fancy that arises. Something exotic, yet not to presumptuous for early afternoons sitting in the shade contemplating the meaning of life. Later as the sun sets out back on the deck, and looking dreamily at my current crop of leaf, I would need something more robust, more odoriferous, with the ability perhaps to render one slightly useless...:Rasta: For a nightcap I'd need a knockout punch, something that let's me delve deep into the dark recesses of my couch, where every piece of lint needs to be examined for irregularities. Later still, something capable of delivering me to my bed without letting me even notice the persistent nagging coming from some dark place that all married men must deal with at some points in their lives. Perhaps concerning a 'missed' chore that had been put off for a mere decade or two. Such petty interferences should not distract one from the more serious pursuits of life! :Rasta:

So Mountain my friend :Rasta::Rasta:, the moral of this story (if it had one) would be obvious! One must always be prepared for the worst. Always carry an effective pair of earplugs with you especially just prior to bedtime or for that matter, anytime in between.
:smokin:

yeahhhh woods,
sounds like its all good here...busy as usual, trying to figure the scrog thing out....i think i got it wired, now i have to get brave....your ladies look great...later, lavendar:welldone:

The red carpet has been laid out and is waiting your arrival, our most wonderful 'Lady of the Leaf.' Your words of praise are music to my ears! Also, I must get off my sorry a** and visit your threaded domain!:cool:

Hey buddy! I would love to try White Wilow, to grow or at least to taste some. Black Widow (sounds seductively delicious) and the Blue Rhino are both strains that I would love to sample or grow also. Dying to try the Blueberry. Maybe for next year's outdoor I'll try something exotic. Of course I'll have to narrow my choices to quicker finishing or northern latitude friendly strains. Not sure if any of those would meet the criteria.

For sure Lion I'll do an outdoor grow journal. I may not start it until I'm done with this harvest. I'll give updates on this thread in the meantime. When I'm ready to give it more of my full attention, I'll start the journal up just like normal. I'll just go back and review what I've done up till that point and then continue. .. :scratchinghead: ....... ....... Have I confused you all or am I the only one who got lost there? :Rasta: Slightly or rather 'fully baked' here!

Ahhh a man with similar needs! Ideally I would like a smoke for every occasion, mood, whim or fancy that arises. Something exotic, yet not to presumptuous for early afternoons sitting in the shade contemplating the meaning of life. Later as the sun sets out back on the deck, and looking dreamily at my current crop of leaf, I would need something more robust, more odoriferous, with the ability perhaps to render one slightly useless...:Rasta: For a nightcap I'd need a knockout punch, something that let's me delve deep into the dark recesses of my couch, where every piece of lint needs to be examined for irregularities. Later still, something capable of delivering me to my bed without letting me even notice the persistent nagging coming from some dark place that all married men must deal with at some points in their lives. Perhaps concerning a 'missed' chore that had been put off for a mere decade or two. Such petty interferences should not distract one from the more serious pursuits of life! :Rasta:

So Mountain my friend :Rasta::Rasta:, the moral of this story (if it had one) would be obvious! One must always be prepared for the worst. Always carry an effective pair of earplugs with you especially just prior to bedtime or for that matter, anytime in between.
:smokin:

The red carpet has been laid out and is waiting your arrival, our most wonderful 'Lady of the Leaf.' Your words of praise are music to my ears! Also, I must get off my sorry a** and visit your threaded domain!:cool:

I encourage you to get high as often as you can Woodsman!!:ganjamon::ganjamon:

You become flamboyant, poetic, and light hearted and very gracious!
I'm lovin it!:grinjoint:

Really great smoke reports. They are aways better when your doing them live.

I loved the advise you gave High!!!!!:cheer::cheer:

Thank God I don't sleep with Joanne anymore.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I encourage you to get high as often as you can Woodsman!!:ganjamon::ganjamon:

You become flamboyant, poetic, and light hearted and very gracious!
I'm lovin it!:grinjoint:

Really great smoke reports. They are aways better when your doing them live.

I loved the advise you gave High!!!!!:cheer::cheer:

Thank God I don't sleep with Joanne anymore.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hello my great friend! I believe it is simple delirium prior to insanity setting in that gives me these visions! Or could it be the after affects of smoking from two different Northern Light plants earlier? I must power up the brain one more time before I put the earplugs in and retire to my bed!:Rasta:

Hello my great friend! I believe it is simple delirium prior to insanity setting in that gives me these visions! Or could it be the after affects of smoking from two different Northern Light plants earlier? I must power up the brain one more time before I put the earplugs in and retire to my bed!:Rasta:

Get some of the firing line kind of plugs if you can, or better yet the one air crews wear on the runway. :cheer:

haha sounds like you got your hands full with those 5's of yours woods, It's funny how some will just go amber in a blink and others take their sweet time, huh. They seem to always keep us on our toes. It's be interesting to compare how the girls do regenerated outside. I bet they'll be monsters! WOOHOO! keep up the good work man.

3Lions,
that black widow is most likely Black Domina x WW, and both are bad ass plants brother. I hope you didn't take it wrong when I was talking about the NL vs WW thing. I was just making convo. I liked the Blue widow too, or as my friend calls it 'Berry White' lol Like the singer. ha! It was good, and motivational, but a bitch to trim. those girls had a ton of leaves on em' but made alot of budder, so it was ok. I'm interested to hear how your block widows turn out for ya!!

Hey woodsy beeen a lil bit since i stopped through but looks like everything is going awesome:thumb:glad you've got a girl with nice fragrance and taste on big girl thats wassup:goodjob:I'll be around waitin for the harvest of the mighty fat-leaf and congrats on having some spectacular dank for your stash:yummy:good growin to ya woodsy:surf:

Get some of the firing line kind of plugs if you can, or better yet the one air crews wear on the runway. :cheer:

If it stands up to a giant airliner, then it should work here. If not I could turn the music or TV up high to drown out any 'local interference'.

haha sounds like you got your hands full with those 5's of yours woods, It's funny how some will just go amber in a blink and others take their sweet time, huh. They seem to always keep us on our toes. It's be interesting to compare how the girls do regenerated outside. I bet they'll be monsters! WOOHOO! keep up the good work man.

3Lions,
that black widow is most likely Black Domina x WW, and both are bad ass plants brother. I hope you didn't take it wrong when I was talking about the NL vs WW thing. I was just making convo. I liked the Blue widow too, or as my friend calls it 'Berry White' lol Like the singer. ha! It was good, and motivational, but a bitch to trim. those girls had a ton of leaves on em' but made alot of budder, so it was ok. I'm interested to hear how your block widows turn out for ya!!

Ideally I'd start the regeneration inside under the MH, but I don't want to be 'up there' too much longer! Hopefully it will be alright in early season sunshine. They should produce massive buds since they did pretty good inside under my minimal lighting. I should probably keep them as low bushes like I normally do for a stealthier grow.

Hey woodsy beeen a lil bit since i stopped through but looks like everything is going awesome:thumb:glad you've got a girl with nice fragrance and taste on big girl thats wassup:goodjob:I'll be around waitin for the harvest of the mighty fat-leaf and congrats on having some spectacular dank for your stash:yummy:good growin to ya woodsy:surf:

Thanks for the kind words Dude! Should be hacking very very soon. :Rasta:

Took a drive today and picked up 4 cu ft of Happy Frog Organic Potting Soil for all my potted plants and some Neem Oil concentrate (70% from Omri I think). I'm ready for'em this summer! Fungus gnats, mites stem borers let em all come! I'm ready this time. :Rasta:

Wow Joe, you get well quick. I've had pneumonia myself and I know how terrible it is. Take good care of yourself and take in as much steam as you can, That was a godsend for me. I would wake up at night and could hardly breath with the non stop coughing. I didn't have a vaporizer so I just boiled water in a pot set it on the table, stuck my head over it with a towel draped over my head and let it do it's magic.

Glad you were able to come and take a look Joe. now go back to bed! Wishing you a speedy recovery and a great harvest when you can!

Well I normally grow enough outside to last till the next years harvest. Didn't work out last year so I persuaded my wife to let me grow 'one' crop indoors. I'm on my second crop now! So I won't even press the issue. I'll have plenty of plants outside this Summer.

I've got 10 very descent bagseed already up in 4 inch pots (sprouted within the last couple of days. One of them is up over a week now. I've got three Mazar seeds in a wet paper towel (last check earlier had one open already). Then I've got the three NL#5's that I'll transplant to larger pots and regenerate. If they're good that is. I hope to have 5-6 females in pots and if there's any more, then I'll plant them out in the yard for a 'see what happens' deal. Most likely won't get a full days sunshine out there, but what the heck! So I should be set to go once the NL finishes and I get them out. Then the Tent will most likely be history or at least moved to storage.

Good luck with your stuff Slow.

I know! A waste of perfectly good genetics gone 'kaput'! Just no way I'm going to provoke my wife anymore after she's let me do the 'two' grows indoors this winter. She's already 'fed up' with the fact that I'm planning to grow more than a 'couple' of plants outside! I wish we had more 'open' property than we have. Mostly wooded, so not a whole lot of sunny spots. Back deck and just alongside it are the best in the whole property. We've got a 3/4 acre mostly wooded lot.
Are you gonna do a journal of your outside excapades ??

Does anyone remember Positronics seed company? Well, in the early 90's they were one of the most respected seed breeders but they went bust in about 1995. Some of the less special seeds were taken over by Kula I think but the cream of the crops were left in hideaway. Recently these genetics have been resurrected here in Spain and already they are making some waves, runners up in outdoor cannabis cup recently.

As some of you will know I have a high interest in the medical side of things for various reasons so these are the seeds that attract me initially. Blue Rhino I think has the highest cbd content of all strains right now at around 1.9% Average cbd content is normally around 0.3%

Black Widow cant compete there but has also been bred to be good for medicinal use.

They are both supposed to be pest resistant and really thrive in outdoor grows, with very large root structures. There is no way I can get the best of then indoors but not an issue.

So, yeah I would say they are perfect plants for your outdoor grow my friend, exotic, tasty, colourful, hardy, about 60 days flowering and great meds. write it down lol

last time i got seeds one was from positronics, wonder if it is the same co. are they comming back, or a diff. one, same name...it happens....lavendar:thumb:

Are you gonna do a journal of your outside excapades ??

I surely will my friend! I'd like to wait though until I've got everything in order and in pots. By that time the current grow will be wrapping up with only periodic cure and smoking reports needed.

nice woodsy that sounds like a great day:thumb: i just got done tying down my mama pink pez shes gonna make so many clones haha:cheer: how long til chop on fat leaf?

Remember to treat your Momma nice and don't give here any lip! Good luck with all your future clones Dude.

If I'd been home today, who knows, I may have done some hacking already! Parts of her are definitely ready and then parts of the same bud are not quite. At the rate that she matured these last few days, she may be ready by tomorrow! Or at least portions of her. Now Big Girl is tricky. When I checked her the other day before I smoked her, she was not showing any amber to speak of, maybe one or two here and there. When I examined the dried bud I was surprised to see a lot of amber trichomes like up to 30-40%. That particular bud was picked because it looked riper than the others. But it was picked almost a week ago. Who knows? I'll be looking at here real close. I like the high and taste from here very much.

Does anyone remember Positronics seed company? Well, in the early 90's they were one of the most respected seed breeders but they went bust in about 1995. Some of the less special seeds were taken over by Kula I think but the cream of the crops were left in hideaway. Recently these genetics have been resurrected here in Spain and already they are making some waves, runners up in outdoor cannabis cup recently.

As some of you will know I have a high interest in the medical side of things for various reasons so these are the seeds that attract me initially. Blue Rhino I think has the highest cbd content of all strains right now at around 1.9% Average cbd content is normally around 0.3%

Black Widow cant compete there but has also been bred to be good for medicinal use.

They are both supposed to be pest resistant and really thrive in outdoor grows, with very large root structures. There is no way I can get the best of then indoors but not an issue.

So, yeah I would say they are perfect plants for your outdoor grow my friend, exotic, tasty, colourful, hardy, about 60 days flowering and great meds. write it down lol

Thanks for the suggestions buddy! That Blue Rhino sounds very enticing as does some Widow (white or black)

last time i got seeds one was from positronics, wonder if it is the same co. are they comming back, or a diff. one, same name...it happens....lavendar:thumb:

You my dear must have seeds from every company out there! You may be their best customer!

Back
Top Bottom