Yellow on the edges of my leaves

Fatlad

hi I've got several plants in veg and on a few of them the edges have gone yellow .. is this a nutrient problem or is it a lighting problem ... I have them under a led light on 250 Watts and about 12" away from the plants .. any advice will be greatly appreciated

20220605_140114.jpg

all the white spots suggest a pest issue. i see it is spreading to the others as well.

could use a lot more info to narrow it.

Seems to be limited to the older fan leaves of the node(s) below the latest growth. The new growth does not seem to be suffering. When did this symptom start to show? Did you transplant recently? I'm not the expert on light burn from grow lamps, maybe someone else more qualified can comment on that, but it stands to reason that lamp light burn would affect the topmost growth most severely, and that is not the case here.

i'd get a loupe all over those things to determine what the pest is. i'm guessing you have both a nute and a pest issue, or a pest issue interfering with nute uptake. probably can't fix one without fixing the other.

edit : and your light is too close for this stage. the light may not be up to the number of plants either. 250w is good for one to two.

Seems to be limited to the older fan leaves of the node(s) below the latest growth. The new growth does not seem to be suffering. When did this symptom start to show? Did you transplant recently? I'm not the expert on light burn from grow lamps, maybe someone else more qualified can comment on that, but it stands to reason that lamp light burn would affect the topmost growth most severely, and that is not the case here.
Yeah transplanted them 2 weeks from the smaller pot to these bigger ones

all the white spots suggest a pest issue. i see it is spreading to the others as well.

could use a lot more info to narrow it.

I think the white spots are actually residue of my plant magic evolution spray that I just sprayed though I will have a closer look once my light comes on

i'd get a loupe all over those things to determine what the pest is. i'm guessing you have both a nute and a pest issue, or a pest issue interfering with nute uptake. probably can't fix one without fixing the other.

edit : and your light is too close for this stage. the light may not be up to the number of plants either. 250w is good for one to two.
Yeah im thinking that my light is too close and causing light burn ... my led light is the full size if the tent and it runs of a ballast so will go up to 600 Watts but as I thought it was light issue I've reduced it to 250watts until I can work out my issue

do you have a loupe ?
you'll need 30 - 40x magnification to properly assess them.

I think the white spots are actually residue of my plant magic evolution spray that I just sprayed though I will have a closer look once my light comes on

i don't think that stuff is helping your cause. foliar sprays are really only effective on cuttings and very young plants. at this stage all you are doing is coating them with a substance that may encourage burn. i don't think it is the issue here primarily though.

Yeah im thinking that my light is too close and causing light burn ... my led light is the full size if the tent and it runs of a ballast so will go up to 600 Watts but as I thought it was light issue I've reduced it to 250watts until I can work out my issue

it's a good idea to back the light off while fighting trouble. i'd move it to 18 - 24 inches from the top, you should be running around 50 - 75 % if they are healthy. i'd park it about 60% while you are fixing this.

Yeah transplanted them 2 weeks from the smaller pot to these bigger ones
@Fatlad if there was a deficiency or toxicity in the other soil or if the plants stayed in the smaller pots too long, then your current symptoms might be a thing of the past. Since the plants are now in new non-deficient soil, and I assume in a larger pot, the problem may go away.

Keep your attention on the new growth. If the problem persists and appears in the new growth at the top of the plant going forward, then you definitely need to take action.

The yellowing and necrosis on the leaf edges could be magnesium deficiency. You could try a top dressing of dolomite lime. Or maybe you are feeding a different fert that contains magnesium?

Back
Top Bottom