Yet Another First Grow Journal - Blue Mystic In Coco & Perlite

Heyo Everybody..

Everything is going well (I think, but what do i know lol)

Its Day 45 and Day 10 since flip.

The screen has filled in and I think im gonna just let them grow now but am open to all opinions from new and old eyes.

Heres some pics of the girls.

DSC_076911.JPG
DSC_077114.JPG
DSC_077222.JPG
DSC_077611.JPG
DSC_077416.JPG
DSC_078216.JPG

:Namaste:

Do I meet the requirements for both? Old eyes as I'm nearing retirement, and new eyes since I'm into my first grow ;)

It looks to me like your screen is well filled. You seem to have made it through the hurry up stage, and now it's just the wait. Us vets got lots of practice with the hurry up and wait routine while in the service.

How are you going to determine when to harvest? Do you have a microscope to check the trichomes, or are you going by the color of the pistils?

It would be nice to know the diameter at the soil in your pots, or the mesh size of your screen to gauge the size of your plants. Anything easy to relate to, such as a Bic lighter or rule, in the picture would do as well.

Do I meet the requirements for both? Old eyes as I'm nearing retirement, and new eyes since I'm into my first grow ;)

It looks to me like your screen is well filled. You seem to have made it through the hurry up stage, and now it's just the wait. Us vets got lots of practice with the hurry up and wait routine while in the service.

How are you going to determine when to harvest? Do you have a microscope to check the trichomes, or are you going by the color of the pistils?

It would be nice to know the diameter at the soil in your pots, or the mesh size of your screen to gauge the size of your plants. Anything easy to relate to, such as a Bic lighter or rule, in the picture would do as well.

Hey Old Salt, Ill admit I wasn't expecting a set of old and new eyes lol but I'm glad you stopped by :thumb:

I can't believe i never thought to add some reference to my photos but definitely will next update.

The pots are about 35cm (nearly 14") in diameter, the screen is 75'ish cm (nearly 30") wide by 40cm (nearly 16"). and the screen is about 25cm (nearly 10") off the pots.

I don't know how much this helps because as I look back at it, it's just a bunch of numbers. Hopefully some reference in the pics tomorrow will add some clarity.

I did pick up a microscope. I was gonna just go by the pistils but after reading a bit more it seems the micro is the way to go.

Thanks again Old Salt :goodjob:

p.s thanks for your service

So its time for another update.

I did a bit of defoliating just before theses pics and i think it might be the last till harvest time, which can't come soon enough.

Besides that not much has been happening just keeping an eye on the girls.

I tried to add a bit of reference to the pics (a lighter, i know i went all out) so i hope that makes them a bit clearer :Namaste:

DSC_079016.JPG
DSC_079512.JPG
DSC_079414.JPG
DSC_079717.JPG
DSC_080115.JPG
DSC_080013.JPG

I really couldn't get the white balance on point today( not that its been great) no matter what I did.

Heres a couple of pics of the fem parts, I hope you can make them out :cheer:

DSC_080912.JPG
DSC_080411.JPG

I still haven't started another thread for the other girls and can't decide if i should make this a perpetual grow or not??

so here are a few pics for prosperity till I can make up my procrastinating ass :high-five:

With the unnamed girl I did the stoner'iest thing in the world.....

Its actually hard for me to admit. When i was vacing up the runoff, i must of lost focus or been abducted momentarily because the vac some how nearly sucked up the plant whole. Luckily shes doing fine but at least I got a name for her...... "Sucker".

DSC_081110.JPG
DSC_081217.JPG
DSC_08147.JPG
DSC_08169.JPG

So its time for another update.

I did a bit of defoliating just before theses pics and i think it might be the last till harvest time, which can't come soon enough.

Besides that not much has been happening just keeping an eye on the girls.

I tried to add a bit of reference to the pics (a lighter, i know i went all out) so i hope that makes them a bit clearer :Namaste:

DSC_079016.JPG
DSC_079512.JPG
DSC_079414.JPG
DSC_079717.JPG
DSC_080115.JPG
DSC_080013.JPG

I really couldn't get the white balance on point today( not that its been great) no matter what I did.

Heres a couple of pics of the fem parts, I hope you can make them out :cheer:

DSC_080912.JPG
DSC_080411.JPG

I still haven't started another thread for the other girls and can't decide if i should make this a perpetual grow or not??

so here are a few pics for prosperity till I can make up my procrastinating ass :high-five:

With the unnamed girl I did the stoner'iest thing in the world.....

Its actually hard for me to admit. When i was vacing up the runoff, i must of lost focus or been abducted momentarily because the vac some how nearly sucked up the plant whole. Luckily shes doing fine but at least I got a name for her...... "Sucker".

DSC_081110.JPG
DSC_081217.JPG
DSC_08147.JPG
DSC_08169.JPG

Heavily unfortunate with the vaccuum man, sorry to hear! But hey! It doesn't always hurt to have a little character to your grow room! After all, if 'Sucker' can make it through the recovery from that, she'll be a much stronger plant in whole! And that screen of green is looking to be coming along awesomely. I only wish mine will come out that nicely. Also, I only just now noticed it, but are you lollipopping the youngest? Was going to do that with my New Year's Babies but was worried it would stunt the growth. Cheers m8 :blunt:

Thanks Bone. I've been checking out your soundcloud and really digging it. Hope you put out a new track soon. I can tell you I've listen to "N O S T A L G I A" more then a few times.

On to the update.

Girls are doing well. Bushy is covered in budlets now. Speedy is trailing behind a little (maybe 4 days) but looks like its catching up quick. Everyday I can barely wait for lights on to check on them. They've grown about 150% since flip and are starting to slow down in stretch a little but think they still got a bit more to go.

Onto the pics:

DSC001660.jpg
DSC001550.jpg
DSC004110.jpg
DSC004029.jpg

and now some budlet pics (I can't wait till its bud pics :cheer: )

You can see a bit of the blue on the leaves in the last two pics that I haven't been able to capture in the previous pics.

DSC002730.jpg
DSC002250.jpg
DSC002830.jpg
DSC003030.jpg

Grow on guys and gals

Nice work on the Scrog and training. Once the stretch is over I'd defoliate some of that layer that is just above the net but didn't reach the top canopy. You can see it's super dark in there and getting no light to some of it. Also it will help airflow and prevent mold later on.

I grow in coco with the GH 3 part system and I really enjoy it. I'd also recommend ditching the perlite next time. It really doesn't benefit coco.

Thanks Bone. I've been checking out your soundcloud and really digging it. Hope you put out a new track soon. I can tell you I've listen to "N O S T A L G I A" more then a few times.

On to the update.

Girls are doing well. Bushy is covered in budlets now. Speedy is trailing behind a little (maybe 4 days) but looks like its catching up quick. Everyday I can barely wait for lights on to check on them.

DSC001660.jpg
DSC001550.jpg
DSC004110.jpg
DSC004029.jpg

and now some budlet pics (I can't wait till its bud pics :cheer: )

You can see a bit of the blue on the leaves in the last two pics that I haven't been able to capture in the previous pics.

Grow on guys and gals

Appreciate the low-key shoutout my man! :Namaste:

And my god look at the branches on those ladies! Never really commented on it before but by George those ladies are gonna produce some KILLER bud! Great work :D. I aspire to have Emerald and Chubby in the same place as your two lovely ladies in about a month. Planning on getting a new 2x2x4 tent for a perpetual setup :p

Hello Everybody.... ( "Hi Dr. Nick" in my head, is the simpsons still a thing)

Dank I forgot to say with the youngones I'm having a go at the Nebula's mainlining guide. It seems to be going well but guess we'll see.

Onto the big girls, since last time I found a machete and just started hacking at the poor things...... or maybe it just looks like that lol

but I did just defoliate quite a bit of the fan leaves and they seem to like it. Thanks for the comment Asesino85, it was in the back of my mind but I was being a bit of a wuss and am/was anxious about messing with them too much. So thanks again for the tip.

Here's some pics after about a day of recovery. They bounce back so quickly its crazy. I don't really have much to go on but would definitely recommend Blue Mystic to first timers. If I can do it they must be extra resilient. Can't wait till I can post a smoke report :Namaste:

First Bushy, who's furthest along:

DSC0048.jpg
DSC004310.jpg
DSC0044.jpg
DSC004510.jpg
DSC004710.jpg

And Speedy, who's catching up and showing her budlets ( I think I got it wrong when I named these girls lol):

DSC005010.jpg
DSC0054.jpg
DSC005110.jpg
DSC0052.jpg
DSC005310.jpg

So much more light getting down there now! It'll help with building buds a little lower down. Usually without light they become "larfy" and are only good for edibles or something. I think you made the right call! I go pretty hard on my plants and they always bounce back back really well

Sup my peeps..........

Long time no talk. Everything seems to be chugging along nicely.

Bushy is starting to get frosty, which being my first grow, is pretty dam exciting. They still have a while to go i think but any sign of them getting closer to harvest is encouraging. :Namaste:

Onto the pics, first a family shot of speedy and bushy:

DSC0077.jpg

some close ups of bushy and her "fur coat" :cheer: (the pics really dont do them justice) :

DSC0074.jpg
DSC006520.jpg
DSC006610.jpg
DSC006810.jpg
DSC0069.jpg

DSC007010.jpg
DSC007110.jpg

and some of speedys budlets (shes still a little behind but coming along) :

DSC007210.jpg
DSC0073.jpg

till next time

Sup my peeps..........

DSC0077.jpg

DSC0069.jpg

DSC007010.jpg
DSC007110.jpg

DSC007210.jpg

till next time

Wooo! Fun time! :slide:

That trellis got straight buried from the stretch x') Still did it's job great as there will be a TON of tops! Girls are looking healthy as ever my Aussie friend ;).

CHEERS! - One :rollit: Love

Back
Top Bottom