Hydroponic - Gigabud - Pineapple Express - OG Kush - Kandy Kush

Alkhemist

greets all! :welcome: :Namaste:

so, ive moved house, back online and ready to go again(although ive done a "fill in grow" in the meantime with x-line hybrids: cinderella 99's and wowie #2's) with my improved top feed hydro setup.. improved in that ive thrown the drip feed line out and gone with sprinklers(45 L/h ea) and upped to a 5000 L/h water pump and bigger res to cater for 10 pots- as opposed to my last experiment with just 4 pots.. which imho was crap- although i certainly got to see where it needed to be improved :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

this grow will be catering for the needs of 4x gigabud, 3x pineapple express, 1x OG kush(others went into my garden) and 2x kandy kush. all seeds were ordered 'stealth mode' through "seaofseeds.com" which i find excellent service, especially the simple things like if seeds dont arrive(tracked and traced) then they will send more for free etc.

specs on seeds:
-gigabud from G13 labs- indica/sat mix, photoperiod(as opposed to auto), med height and medium thc level no info on genetics with this one sorry
-pineapple express from G13 labs- indica/sat mix, photoperiod, med height and med thc.. hard to find info on genetics with this classic.
-OG kush from humbolt seeds- indica/sat mix, photo, med height and 20%thc.
-kandy kush from reserva privada seeds- indica/sat mix, genetics OG kush x trainwreck, med height and thc.

-medium: hydroton clay(mixed sizes due to excess from last grow)
-nutes: flairform- grostorm, silika majik, flairform greendream grow(1 part) and flairform greendream bloom(1 part).
-ph lower and ph raise for ph levels

-hardware: 3x 600W hps lights under 2x home made winged reflectors and one white medium sized reflector(i just cant be bothered with MH lights this time so im going to do the whole grow with HPS)
-bluelab ec pen
-aqua one water heater
-aqua one air pump and stone
-tempercom 5000l/h water pump
-80L reservoir
-10x 19 litre 'top feed' hydroponic pots and irrigation tubing
- digital timer for my water pump and other timers for fans and extraction
-2x oscillating fans(at each end of room)
-prima klima centrifugal fan with carbon filter and moisture sock
-various other crap i just cant think of right now loL

ok! lets get this journal on the road! :cheesygrinsmiley: this is in honor of my grow partner "smecial K" for being so committed to the cause and soldiering on through thick and thin :goodjob: :cheesygrinsmiley:

lets start with some pics of the little ladies at 14 days old! thats 14 days from the little eggy wegs being placed with the utmost care into their jiffy beds :Namaste:

Re: hydroponic_gigabud_pineapple express_OG kush_kandy kush

some of the hardware used:
SAM_0364.JPG

SAM_03631.JPG

SAM_03621.JPG

SAM_03612.JPG

SAM_03602.JPG

SAM_03583.JPG

SAM_03551.JPG

SAM_03532.JPG

SAM_03491.JPG

and the rest so far:
SAM_03593.JPG

SAM_03571.JPG

SAM_03561.JPG

SAM_03411.JPG

SAM_03401.JPG

and nutes:
SAM_03472.JPG

an update to show sprinklers on

and dont mind my medicated commentary of "pineapple kush" loL
the entire medium is saturated and no spots left dry(as opposed to drip feed or even halos) enabling the plant to form a stronger more abundant root system. any comments, advice or tips welcome, cheers

Hey Alkhemist Youve got a sweet grow starting again. I just read through ur completed ones too and say this is where the juicey buds are going be again! I would like to see this grow through too. I seen vid on your new drip system Looks great covering all medium there. :rollit:

howdy closetorganic!

thanks for stopping by and yeah this should be far better than my last hydro grow using the same system(but with drip feed lines).. i didnt document my last "fill in grow" but managed to yield approx 10 ounces dry weight from each plant with this hydro system, so im excited to see how this goes :cheesygrinsmiley:

the sprinkler system covers 90% more area than the drip line i was using and i saw the results last grow when i got 5 foot growth from most of my plants within a 3 week period(=6-6.5 foot tall) including my big budx flavour. my goal with this grow will be to yield MINIMUM of 8ounces(half pound) per plant but upto 10ounces+ per plant... with an eventual goal(next grow if not this one) of 16 ounces per plant.

im not going to go with any drastic techniques, just 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flowering... watering/feeding for 15mins(will up to 20mins/25mins and 30mins throughout their cycles) every 3 hours(not watering during light off cycle). will tie down and train gently to open up bud sites.. gentle pruning of shade leaves, again, to open up sites.. and will probably top the main leader just once.

can hardly wait to see how this one goes :cheesygrinsmiley:

cheers dude

I been waiting to see a grow with that food line. I picked up a brochure of theirs a few years back it was very informative.

I been waiting to see a grow with that food line. I picked up a brochure of theirs a few years back it was very informative.

ive only done 1 grow with this line and was surprised by the results.. i have to admit the 1part grow and bloom makes things a hell of alot easier too. i look forward to seeing how this grow goes not only with this nute line but the sprinkler system too.

howdy folks,

a few pics of gurls @19 days old. the residue around the edges of a few of the gurls leaves is nutrient.
kandy kush @ 15days old(planted 4days later than the rest):
SAM_00071.JPG

SAM_00082.JPG

pineapple express @19 days:
SAM_00091.JPG

SAM_00101.JPG

SAM_0011.JPG

gigabud @19 days old:
SAM_00122.JPG

SAM_00132.JPG

SAM_00141.JPG

and a picture of my new water feature using my old water pump from last grow! lol.. this is my little serenity spot where i sit in the evenings to chill out and imbibe some of natures wonderful medicine :cheesygrinsmiley:... i can sit for hours listening to water and rising on mental planes of thought.. once the kids are in bed of course! lol ... i just planted an albatros water lilly in to the right so im amped to see how her blossoms turn out

SAM_00021.JPG

keep it green all :Namaste:

That gets me excited hearing expected results of 8oz dry minimum per plant. And that growth in 3 weeks, Im stuck on soil which I cant see that happening like that unless outside, this could be my breaking point when you show similar results again.:goodluck:
:popcorn: :smokin:
oh I pulled a post from ur soil grow on GLR and put that in my journal where Im trying first time from GLR veg to flower
My Low Budget Medical Grow

That gets me excited hearing expected results of 8oz dry minimum per plant. And that growth in 3 weeks, Im stuck on soil which I cant see that happening like that unless outside, this could be my breaking point when you show similar results again.:goodluck:
:popcorn: :smokin:
oh I pulled a post from ur soil grow on GLR and put that in my journal where Im trying first time from GLR veg to flower
My Low Budget Medical Grow

yeah me too! :cheesygrinsmiley: with my last "fill in grow" which was 4x 'x-line' cinderella 99 hybrids (75%cindy and 25% maroc) i got 5 foot growth in just under 3 weeks and got a final wet weight of 30-33 ounces per plant... which dried to just a little over 10 ounces dry weight from each plant, the 5x big budx and 2x maui wowies #2's were averaging 5-8 ounces dry each but i wasnt expecting much from them.

all of the plants sat for a month in my wardrobe under minimal conditions.. i was trying to stunt them as long as i could until my grow partner had moved house- the timing was out with our grow cycles as both me AND my grow partner were in the process of moving houses each! so we just got a small grow going when my grow partner moved house.. we set it up immediately and timed it with my own house move not long after. the problems were that they had been sitting in soil and had become slightly rootbound and they were destined to go into the hydro pots.. so when the time came we had to rinse their roots right out of debris and then transplant them to the top feed pots.. which of course they didnt like but recovered well enough. the cindies grew like mad with newly found vigour and the rest grew hard but not as well as the cindies-being seeds. the big bud x and wowies #2's were all cuttings and didnt react as well as the cindys.
so with this grow, all seeds, im looking to expect some good yields! :cheesygrinsmiley: but obviously they will do what they will do and im not going to count my chickens until they are all well n truly hatched ;]]

keep it green y'all :thumb: :Namaste:

hey all, an update of the ladies at 24 days old:
SAM_0037.JPG

SAM_00381.JPG

OG Kush:
OGK.JPG

Gigabud:
giga.JPG

giga_01.JPG

giga_02.JPG

gigabud.JPG

Kandy Kush:
kandy_K.JPG

Kandy Kush on the left, OG kush bottom right and pineapple X top right:
kandy_og_pineapple_X.JPG

3x pineapple X- top left looks like a different plant though, will see how she progresses:
pineapple_X.JPG

pineapple X-close up of tiers:
pineapple_X_01.JPG

pineapple_X_02.JPG

top view of different looking pineapple X:
pineapple_X_isit.JPG

starting to kick off at last... will probably look at 1 more week veg then turn-over time.

keeping it green y'all

hey all. i just wanted to include this clip as it was the only one i could salvage as i had already uploaded it to the tube.
this is just a clip of my last "fill in grow".. unfortunately my memory card became corrupted and i was unable to save the other clips and photos.. this was 3 weeks after being transplanted to hydroponics from soil..the tallest plant was no bigger than 12 inches(=cinderellas) they had been sitting in my wardrobe for 2 months rootbound and stunted- as a result of my grow partner and i having to move house in around the same time as each other, they got to this height after 3 weeks(+1 week to recover from being transplanted from soil)

g'day all,

i just found some pics of my latest gurls at around 3-4 days old.. so i thought i would include them here albeit a bit out of ordering. when i put them into the hydro pots i was watering with only ph balanced water for the first week... then started on a diluted mix of grostorm(for seedlings) and silika majik at approx 20mils/50L of grostorm and 4-6 mils/50L of silika majik in week 2 readin approx .8 EC. week 3 saw the nutes upped slightly to around 1-1.2 EC... and now that they are taking off i am introducing a nute mix that reads around 1.9-2 EC.

DSCF30272.JPG

DSCF3028.JPG

DSCF30302.JPG

this pic cracks me up loL.. day one in pots(21 days ago)- 3 days from cracking their shells!
DSCF30361.JPG

DSCF30372.JPG

DSCF3043.JPG

Nice going on the grow!!!:thumb: Really beautiful ladies!!! Ill be following along with this grow!!!:popcorn: I love the pineapple!!!:yummy:

Nice going on the grow!!!:thumb: Really beautiful ladies!!! Ill be following along with this grow!!!:popcorn: I love the pineapple!!!:yummy:

thanks goodbuddy!!
yep, i can hardly wait till i see those pistils :cheesygrinsmiley: feel free to follow along! help ya self to coffee and/or tea and the beers in the fridge :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom