16 Pot - RDWC Hydro - Pro 4800W

Yeah i literally cut them to pieces. but if you look back in my coco journal you will see that i done the same with those. I wouldnt have cut so much off usually but they just wouldnt fit the tent. They will be huge again in a week. The growth speeds in these set ups are unparalled to anything else once dialled in.

I think for support i will just use string and tie branches together. Its a pain using this in a tent as it makes scrog frame very difficult and bamboo canes arent an option. Next round i remove tent. It doesnt need to be there, it wasnt my plan at all. then i have high ceiling and space to walk around plants so a double layer scrog be perfect.

The buddhas tree is good. As you know i already love the pk. Not really seeing anything new or improved using the advanced meta boost or silica. These plants are behind my last coco grow and not as good. But i changed pot size and plants were again too big. Big plants are fine if you gave enough light but they arent getting enough for the size of them. Next round i go back to 11 litre pots. It will have to be in soil, just a light mix as i got some new clones already potted in 1litre pots so going to go like for like. Been a long time since ive grown in soil but i think it will actually work out better for the summer as temps increase here. i revert back to coco and hydro in september.

Soil Really lol bet that's gonna seem slow compared to the rdwc
Can't say I've ever tryd a full soil grow
Have you ever grown blue cheese cult i got some looking really healthy but there 14 day in to flower an have not stretched hardly at all which means I could of vegged a bit longer who I got clones off told me after 2 week to strip all fan leaves off that's how he gets best yield growing the strain. What do you think it seems silly to thin the bottoms because they are only about 2 ft tall I can get a pic if ya want

Yeah soil will be slow. but its just this round and maybe next depending what room temps rise like during summer.

No i havent grown blue cheese. I wouldnt strip every fan leave off at week 2. you shocking plant at a crucial part of flower development. Id wait til 3 weeks or 4 before pruning if i were you. i still wouldnt take every leave off, they power cells for the plant. for sure cut back but i wouldnt strip.

Sorry everyone. i had to delete my youtube videos as my channel was hacked. obviously due to the content I couldnt take the risk of people having access to my account. Its really annoying as that is the 2nd account ive had hacked and both had lots of videos. sorry everyone.

Im absolutely stowed under with work. I will get some updates up as soon as i can.

so here we are at the end of week 1 of flower. It will just be pic updates for the time being until i get round to sorting a new youtube channel out. Im pissed i had to delete it but the show goes on.

IMG-20160509-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20160509-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20160509-WA0004.jpg

yup ... people can pull 500 grams from each tree but they better have the strain dialed in right

Hydro is AMAZING! No wonder the space church NASA talked about it one time.

I was thinking of using a coco and clay pebble mix. What coco nutrient would you recommend? Also which is your go to flavour/ terpine enhancer? Thanks

So heres a few more pics for you before i start the build in the morning. The airpump is 80litres per minute and the recirculating water pump is 1500litres per hour. Notice the nores diffuser in header pot. These are way better than regular airstones. They are an option to have in every pot although i only have one in the brain.

I will most likely be using scrog frames for each plant also, I have something in the pipeline but we will get to that later on.

20160228_190632.jpg

20160228_190457.jpg

Having some issues uploading pics but for those that follow me regular you know the vids will come soon :)

Like your style... I've experimented loads with alien products and like them but I wasn't willing to pay for the larger setup so I built my own just using rigid 50mm pipe work from my local plumbers and 40 litre buckets. Cost me £220 altogether. Anyway I went the extra mile and ordered direct from the uk suppliers of norres and paid a small fortune for their pump and diffusers for a 12 site recirculating system. The diffusers are very well built and looked promising but in practice it was the opposite. They operated great with clean fresh water but in time the bubbles decreased as nutrients were put in. I had to keep cleaning them. And I was running a live res too and that made it worse. The bigger problem with them was the diffusers are hollow and everything and anything hides in there. I'm talking about anaerobic bacteria specifically. It's a great hiding place and it becomes stagnant and no matter how much aerobic bacteria you put in the system, the anaerobic shit gradually overtakes. I had nightmares to be honest and the only way I solved the problem was by putting the normal disc diffusers in. I'd be interested to see what happens with you. Maybe only having the one in the header pot won't cause you any problems. Wish you luck mate

Thats some good valid points.

So firstly i didnt pay retail. But these systems are definately the best built that ive seen in uk.

If you are good at diy thats always a 10x cheaper option. For me its just simpler to buy the set up and set it away.

I agree with you on the norres diffusers. you need a much more powerful than recommended pump to push the air through consistantly which causes further issues for noise and heat. I too run live res's as they are way better than sterile.

These systems are good though. The way I see it there are pros and cons to every single way to grow. Dial a goid rdwc in and its pretty tough to beat. The system is the tool but its in the operators hands. Not all builders can handle the tools in the same way. Do no substitute for knowledge.

I run 4 rooms on a closed loop and each room has aircon. Co2, scrubber, humidifier/dehumidifier, chiller and all the other normal bits. Oh, and each room is cctv'd and I've gone the extra mile and put cctv on each of my bluelab guardians. This means I can go away for upto 10 days and monitor everything remotely. Just came back from turkey actually!

By the way. Re increasing the volume of the water pump may not be a good idea because you don't the water flowing too quickly. I too used a bigger pump and every so often the system would block up with roots due to the pump pulling them in

Back
Top Bottom