1st Grow Bomb Bagweed

Good news everybody. I sprung for a new light system. I got a 400 watt hps/mh system. I am gonna hook it up tomorrow. Do you think it will hurt the plant to swith the type of lights while it is still so young? Oh and the best news, the light was only 50 bills. do i put the ballast in the grow room with me, or should I try to put it outside the closet.?

So I just hooked up the 400w and damn I can barely see to type I got spot everywhere. I hung the HPS about 3 feet from the seedling, I will move closer when I feel comfortable the plant can handle it. It prolly can just fine, but I'm nervous. I am gonna moniter the temp very closely. I don't have any ventilation installed yet, so I have to keep a double window fan blowing through an open closet door at plant level. I do have plans for ventilation and I also have to light seal it for flowering, but it'll do for now. I also installed my old light(the 4 foot fluro) about 14 inches off the floor in the back wall. Hopelfully that will help to bathe the bottom in light when the plant gets a little bigger. I took my t5 with the grow lux and put it on the shelf until I get my clone room up and running in a few weeks. i just can't find the key to the spare closet. So anyway hopefully the plant will start some serious growin. It's been slow so far. i hope I don't hurt the plant. Is it allright to use a bathroom fan for my ventilation??

How much more heat does the HPS produce than the t5 fluoro? Do you just have your grow area in a closet with no box?

I'm curious because my ambient temps are already really high (gets up to 85 in here) so I'm wondering if I should even attempt a HPS and if I need a box or not. Good luck.

i just checked it, it's still hanging at 80 but my humidity dropped from about 70 to 55 which I think I like. I think I can live with 80. I am doing a dry test run with the door to see what happens with the temp. I left a small 4 inch crack just to allow the fan to pull air in. I am going to look into ventilation this weekend. i think I'm gonna get get a big ass bathroom fan and run one in and one out. Would it be a smart idea to bring air in from the outside or should I just pull it from somewhere elso in the house?? It get very cold in the winter.

^ r u gonna SOG or SCrogG with those babies?

Not sure what SOG is a scrog is the deal with the chicken wire right? I have about 5 feet of available grow height, so I don't know if i need to. I also am going to make a cooling tube soon, so I will be able to grow pretty high without needing to scrog. Unless there is another purpose I am not aware of to do it.

SOG is 12/12 lighting schedule for clones after they are rooted

I will definately try to clone this bad girl when she gets a little older. I haven't done much research on this yet, but I will definatel get on that in the next couple of days. Right now I'm just concerned that it's growing. Going so slow I can't tell.

Here are some up-dates of the new set-up and a couple blury pics of the slow growin plant.
newset-up-2.jpg

8-9_days.jpg

8-9_days_2.jpg

new_set-up.jpg

I'm new to this as well, but to me, unless your only testing the system, it seems to be a bit of over kill for 1 plant... I mean power usage wise... could do quite nicely with 1 47 watt cfl till it gets a bit larger or you switch to bud cycle, anyway. Lookin good Stully

SOG is 12/12 lighting schedule for clones after they are rooted

Yup!, if you've got the vertical room, there really is no point, the upside however is that u'll increase your yield quite a bit. for now you should prob. just try a little LST, and also unless you like giving the power company early Christmas bonuses...i'd suggest you switch to two cfls or one big one with a reflector

and don't worry dude, they grow pretty slow at first but pick up after about a week or so, and trust me at point ur gonna wish it would slow down as you're running out of room! good luck bro:ganjamon:

I'd get a humidity dome with peat pucks and rooting powder for when you want to clone

Back
Top Bottom