250W HPS Refrigerator Grow!

420-magazine-mobile328292966.jpg

And it's done! Hope she doesn't take it too bad :) I will start with some LST tomorrow just so she can rest a bit.
Thank you!

Hi! She have not shown any signs of stress after the topping ✌️
I'm trying to figure out how to do the best LST on this girl. But the fan leaves are so massive on her! Any suggestions? Bend the main stem in one direction carefully?
Cheers!
420-magazine-mobile450661704.jpg

I would be concerned that the light is still too close to the plant. Note the red arrows in the photo. See they are curled up? Note the yellow arrow of a leaf in shade. Its not curled up.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I suspect it. The second clue is the inter-nodal space is still very tight.

Just my 3 cents.

too.jpg

That's going to be up to you! There are many ways to LST, and everyone develops their own technique. I like to tie the branches down with string to the edges of the pot. I either drill or poke (in the case of fabric pot poke) a hole into the outside of the pot, and run a string or a wire thru the hole, and gently pull the desired branch down. Here is topped, then 2 different ways to LST. There are tons of others.
420-magazine-mobile2102156735.jpg
420-magazine-mobile810308965.jpg
420-magazine-mobile375711438.jpg

Hope that helps the LST question!

Cheers!

I would be concerned that the light is still too close to the plant. Note the red arrows in the photo. See they are curled up? Note the yellow arrow of a leaf in shade. Its not curled up.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I suspect it. The second clue is the inter-nodal space is still very tight.

Just my 3 cents.

too.jpg
Hm yeah now when you are mentioning it it looks a bit wierd, I will pull the lights up a bit more when I get home to see if it corrects it.
Thanks Snid!

That's going to be up to you! There are many ways to LST, and everyone develops their own technique. I like to tie the branches down with string to the edges of the pot. I either drill or poke (in the case of fabric pot poke) a hole into the outside of the pot, and run a string or a wire thru the hole, and gently pull the desired branch down. Here is topped, then 2 different ways to LST. There are tons of others.
420-magazine-mobile2102156735.jpg
420-magazine-mobile810308965.jpg
420-magazine-mobile375711438.jpg

Hope that helps the LST question!

Cheers!
Great pics! Now I know how to get it done! Thanks!

Hm yeah now when you are mentioning it it looks a bit wierd, I will pull the lights up a bit more when I get home to see if it corrects it.
Thanks Snid!

It probably wont correct it. But it will stop it. I think you will find those leaves are permanently damaged. New leaves should not form like this. The is your goal.

Cheers

It probably wont correct it. But it will stop it. I think you will find those leaves are permanently damaged. New leaves should not form like this. The is your goal.

Cheers
Okay hope it helps, thank you mate.
I went home immediately and raised the lights about 10cm. I'm thinking I will raise them a bit more just to be safe.
Cheers!

Okay hope it helps, thank you mate.
I went home immediately and raised the lights about 10cm. I'm thinking I will raise them a bit more just to be safe.
Cheers!

There is a sweet spot to find. Raise it a little at a time. Once you find it, keep raising the light as the plant grows.

Cheers

Hello, week 3 on this little one today.
Started with some nutes yesterday, 1/4 strength.
Did some more LST today and managed to spread the branches some more :)
Here are some pics, have a great weekend!
420-magazine-mobile1272750163.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2095699817.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1211050484.jpg

Hello! 3,5 weeks old now. I have some problems on the bottom leaves and I cant figure out if it's a nute burn or nitrogen defiency? I flushed her with plain phed water today just in case of nute burn.
Cheers!
420-magazine-mobile509104379.jpg
420-magazine-mobile704585261.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2131088074.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1549383506.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1304668969.jpg

Bottom leaves will do that. Pluck them outta there. You don't have a problem.
Okay cool, I started with nutes this Friday, so I thought it was nute burn or something because the yellowing started right after. But I will follow your advise and pluck them. Also continue with nutes.
Cheers mate!

Gonna pull up a chair! I'm about to start on the same type fridge adventure! Looks great so far!
Sounds great man! It's perfect to be able to actually lock the fridge and looks super stealthy. (When the fan is off haha.) Fan sound is quite loud on this one when attached to the carbon filter.
Best of luck to you! :)

Hello guys! I was thinking. I got some spare glass shelves that came with fridge. If I put one between the plant and the light, will it work almost like a cooltube? Because then I can lower the light more without having heat issues. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom