420 Magazine's Photo of the Month: December 2023

Just upload the photo to the gallery with a title - it makes @Renee Roberts job easier.

If you “Attach a Photo” entry she has to downland and upload it again, I believe - she can’t just link to it when she does the consolidated entries and adds the vote mechanism in.

That’s what SmokingWings is suggesting.

?
Yes, but it is only part of what I was trying to get to.

Uploading the photo to the user's gallery before submitting did come up a couple of months ago. Partly because of the points you brought up and, I believe, because the owners/moderators want users to get used to doing the uploading and then submitting photos to their message. Not just a message in this thread but also in any other thread.

I figure it is a lot easier on the system to have only one copy and then whenever the user wants to put the photo into any message they are just pulling up a reference to the gallery instead of increasing the storage requirements by adding more copies of the same photo.

I actually thought the Photo of the Month was about being a bit more creative and artistic (not that my pic is either lol).
That is the way I was looking at it (the contest and not your pictures:). Your photos that I have seen are pretty darn good.). The way I see it the staff is trying to encourage originality and creativity in the photography itself instead of emphasizing single subjects like the plant or the bud.

They created this separate contest where they hope that the group member submits photos where the entire photo can and will be judged. Where things like the background or no background, the lighting, and overall composition are just as important as the subject. There are changes from the other photo contests. This time the judging is by the 420 Team and not fellow members.

I’m totally happy to have the pic removed it is in like breech of anything. I defs don’t want to cause anyone angst or anything.
No worry. Renee added a little something to the opening msg and each photo contest thread which I figure shows that the staff wants the members to hash out questions, ideas or even criticisms while keeping the staff out of it. I am sure that they are paying attention and not ignoring us....sort of like that thread awhile ago about ideas on journals and how to encourage members to follow through to the end instead of jumping off and abandoning it.

That is why I brought up the 'title and description' of the photo like I did; we discuss it amoung ourselves. Plus, I believe that many of us would take another look at our photo if we actively had to give it a title and probably notice the little things we had not seen before. I know I do.

Tbh I only started entering pics because Rob asked me to.
Your photos are good so maybe they might encourage others to look at their plants, growing techniques and their own photos differently?

That is the way I was looking at it (the contest and not your pictures:). Your photos that I have seen are pretty darn good.). The way I see it the staff is trying to encourage originality and creativity in the photography itself instead of emphasizing single subjects like the plant or the bud.

They created this separate contest where they hope that the group member submits photos where the entire photo can and will be judged. Where things like the background or no background, the lighting, and overall composition are just as important as the subject. There are changes from the other photo contests. This time the judging is by the 420 Team and not fellow members.

No worry. Renee added a little something to the opening msg and each photo contest thread which I figure shows that the staff wants the members to hash out questions, ideas or even criticisms while keeping the staff out of it. I am sure that they are paying attention and not ignoring us....sort of like that thread awhile ago about ideas on journals and how to encourage members to follow through to the end instead of jumping off and abandoning it.

That is why I brought up the 'title and description' of the photo like I did; we discuss it amoung ourselves. Plus, I believe that many of us would take another look at our photo if we actively had to give it a title and probably notice the little things we had not seen before. I know I do.

Your photos are good so maybe they might encourage others to look at their plants, growing techniques and their own photos differently?
When it comes to nominating, I’m all about celebrating interesting journals and celebrating the members in here who tirelessly support both new and experienced growers and you tick all of those boxes, SmokingWings. You are a great member and thank you for all you do for us. When you won, I felt like I won. I really did.

That said, I’m new to actually entering these contests and like I said I’m not a rule reader. I’m defs not entering to win, I use an old mobile phone to take my pics, and I’m no photographer. I’m just here to share and be a part of the grow community.

Thanks for taking the time to expand on your thoughts. I appreciate it :)

If we don’t bump into each other before, I hope you have the best Christmas 🎄♥️

Thanks I appreciate the compliment. She was a good one.

In my experience the THC doesn’t degrade during that period, however it can become a heavier (Indica especially) high.
If you dry and cure correctly, THC will only degrade with over exposure to light, time, or fluctuating temps/humidity.
Let it mature, it’s almost always worth the longer wait.
Like it am indica lover akways go bit longer to make em more narcotic whey hey.
Regards

My stuff

785D3AF4-EDF3-4E27-91B5-665DD1512B52.jpeg

Just a few hours left, who's got the next Photo of the Month? :cheer:

Takes less than a minute to get a cool shot, help us make this fun by participating with us!

Some well done and interesting photos.

My question though is whether all of them are part of the 'photo of the month contest'? Or did the group members enter the photo for the fun of it without wanting to be part of the contest?
Sometimes members enter this contest and say they are entering just for fun, and it's a legit entry. But if someone posts a photo and they don't want to be entered the contest, they usually state "Not an Entry".

IMG_9219.jpeg

From lunch boxes 🤣

Just made for the first time, Dry Ice Hash. Think I’ll try a vape bowl topper in bit. Going to cold press some in the roisin machine. Dunno!

Here’s how we did it:

Shed, Grateful, Joe B and Carcass chimed in with some advice. We started from a Vimeo Shed had followed before. Surprisingly easy and not messy.

IMG_9219.jpeg

From lunch boxes 🤣

Just made for the first time, Dry Ice Hash. Think I’ll try a vape bowl topper in bit. Going to cold press some in the roisin machine. Dunno!

Here’s how we did it:

Shed, Grateful, Joe B and Carcass chimed in with some advice. We started from a Vimeo Shed had followed before. Surprisingly easy and not messy.
Yours looks lots better than mine! Think mine was all 73 bag from memory.
20190429_215325.jpg
20190429_212920.jpg
20190429_215330.jpg
20190429_213652.jpg
20190429_214420.jpg

I got greedy and shook for to long and it went green!! 🤮🤣

Some hash I made last year just heating a bit & hand pressure Smells just like the stuff we got from Montreal in the late nineties
Happy holidays everyone 🎄🎅
IMG_5220.JPG

Some hash I made last year just heating a bit & hand pressure Smells just like the stuff we got from Montreal in the late nineties
IMG_5220.JPG
looks good have a good Christmas with the Fam & friends

IMG_5220.JPG
Recipe please! What did you use? Just kief or some trim as well?

Back
Top Bottom