600 Watt Old Model Mars Hydro - Autoflower - Grow

Ya I moved the train wreck auto under the spider cob led and it just the genetics of the plant not the mars 600 watt I put the grapefruit auto under it and it's gotten really big now plus I got the mars hydro setting 13" above the plant with out any issues so it's plus for that it can get really close the spider 4 cob led you can't have closer then 19 inches it will bleach the leaves burn them found that out last week but I got it dialed in I got 29 days left to harvest these plants I think with both the lights it showing good results for led it's about 560 true wall watts im running so im more and more impressed every day plus they run cool my room hasn't got above 79-81 this hole grow using the leds only time I had it hotter was at first when the cfl were up im very impressed by this light will see how they turn out harvest time

Ya I moved the train wreck auto under the spider cob led and it just the genetics of the plant not the mars 600 watt I put the grapefruit auto under it and it's gotten really big now plus I got the mars hydro setting 13" above the plant with out any issues so it's plus for that it can get really close the spider 4 cob led you can't have closer then 19 inches it will bleach the leaves burn them found that out last week but I got it dialed in I got 29 days left to harvest these plants I think with both the lights it showing good results for led it's about 560 true wall watts im running so im more and more impressed every day plus they run cool my room hasn't got above 79-81 this hole grow using the leds only time I had it hotter was at first when the cfl were up im very impressed by this light will see how they turn out harvest time

20151212_121030.jpg

The narrator are you running just the 600 watt old model for the three plants it seemed when I was vegging with this light at first they just were small to me I have apollo 12 3w which is only 540 watt light and it vegged monster plants when I used it last tried this 600 watt old model and the growth taking off was slow to me so I bought extra light and it seemed to help a lot now I bought my 3w apollo in 2013 so I wanted upgrade to knewer tech this year probably should gone with the mars ll 700 watt but I bought from ebay spur of the moment instead of contacting sarah but I'd love to know about your grow can't seem to find it on here

Nice to know its possible to get them that close without any bleaching, might drop mine down a little.

The narrator are you running just the 600 watt old model for the three plants it seemed when I was vegging with this light at first they just were small

Sure am, haven't had any supplementary light in there at all, will consider adding more/upgrading depending on how my first run comes out.

At least the height difference in your plants lets you keep your lights at the same level.

I bought from ebay spur of the moment

Yup, same here. Still reckon its a good buy for the price but yeah would love to have a mars II

Would love to see pictures of your 3 plants under your mars hydro 600 watt old model

Just began to start up a journal last night, will have a link in my sig soon.

But heres a quick photo for you, best to ignore bottom right but its buds are coming through nicely. The top right plant and the left plant (takes up almost whole left side of tent) have been under the Mars 600W for their entire lives. They were only vegged for a month and the left plant grew so quickly! The top right was a little slower but I was messing with it a fair bit.

Nice size girls wow the light coverage in your area great I thought it only be enough light to cover 1.5x1.5 area but I see it's covering more then that for you I been reading up rhat little plant can still put 30 -40 grams of quality smoke and ya the grapefruit auto will be fat it has good potential for 2-3 oz for sure I'll let it go longer to reach that goal I know you put some cheap cfls in there you get a clip base for cfl for $4-5 at Walmart or home depot and couple 26 watt bulb through in your space it will help during flowering with the old model seen a lot of growers doing this with the 300 watt model that might help that right side come up you get one thoughs for $7-8 easy to supplement light till you get what you want I just happen to have money saved when I bought an extra light

Yeah its an 80*80cm area which just matches the coverage area suggested by Mars and as you can see with 3 plants its full. Was pretty skeptical about not having enough light to begin with but haven't noticed anything which suggests that.

I was thinking your little lady could come through strong for you in the end, it must have a decent root system so even if it only grows one cola I hope its huge for you man!

Yeah I had been thinking that about the CFLs but am very short on space so will have to wait until next time round when I plan on doing one plant until I can afford/decide on what higher class LED I want to aim for, so many options! It looks like your Spider is working well for you though

Ya it is really well I like the cob light it nice you can see the ray of light hitting the walls with the cob im saveing now to get a 1008 watt cob true 750 watt draw at the wall will get this for my next grow to do 2 photo plants or 3 in a scrog probably 3 I got some fire beans just got decide which ones to do diffently going do my girl scout cookies and my candyland next just can't decide on my white fire og or the Chernobyl I'll figure it out might do both if I get this knew light I'll have to move some stuff around in my grow closet it will be tight for 4 plants if you bought the cfl you could rig it to the side rail on your screen to have lower penetration just a thought I've done that works good

The guy im talking to on the cob said it's best to do 4 plants under the 1008 watt to get good results I seen pictures of guy in England doing vegging 10 autos under it don't know if he flowered all them under it and what results he had but I think 4 be best test maybe ill run the spider 4 with it just add 1000 true wall watts and extra coverage will see

im saveing now to get a 1008 watt cob true 750 watt draw at the wall

That sounds nice, will be the sort of wattage I'm shooting for when I'm able to upgrade both space and light. How does you cob compare in heat output compared to the Mars? Good idea rigging them to the screen, one of mine is dues around 30 days before the others so once thats chopped I'll add some CFLs in the additional space. Will hopefully be moving in 2016 so hope to be able to get a bigger space.

I seen pictures of guy in England doing vegging 10 autos under it don't know if he flowered all them under it and what results he had

I reckon the only area it might struggle with 10 is being able to throw the light over a wide enough area I think the intensity would be fine. But I guess that could be solved by using two smaller panels.

Really wish I had room were I am two throw up my 2 4x4x8 tents this smallest space I have ever grown in but it seems to be good so far had to make it work what strains are you running the narrator are they good genetics or bag seed ?

Yeah I'm dreaming of the day when I can have a separate veg and flower room with enough space to move around in, one day! How many plants did you used to run in your bigger tents? My seeds are from Herbies, potentially a waste as a beginner but I'd already sunk so much money into getting setup that the seed cost was insignificant. I have one 2 fast 2 vast auto which has had a horrible life and I'm honestly surprised it's still alive, its the only survivor from my original setup. The other two are Barney's Pineapple Chunk, the contrast between the two is amazing, theres definitely some instability with their indica to sativa ratios

just can't decide on my white fire og or the Chernobyl

My two cents: Hadn't heard of either of these so looked them up, they both look great but Chernobyl sells me just on the name and also the 'lime' flavor which I have never tasted

Edit: just read TGA Subcool Chernobyl profile on Herbie's and I would find it hard to go past "Taste Like: Lime Slurpee or Sherbert" whatttttttt!!! its also suggested to keep it as low as possible so could be a good one if you want to be hands on

Ya its supposed to taste like lime,sherbert and I used to run 4-6 plants in flower and I'd do like 4 autos and 4-6 photos in my veg tent plus clones in my closet under cfls so I had a big house with a huge shed in the back of it the guy I rented from used it to work on cars I did some remodeling in it hooked up a ac unit and exhaust fans and used it to grow in I had room for 2 4x4x8 tents no problem in there I think the most I did in the tent flowering was 7 plants no mind you they only budded about oz 1/2 a piece and were pretty tight in there

My two cents: Hadn't heard of either of these so looked them up, they both look great but Chernobyl sells me just on the name and also the 'lime' flavor which I have never tasted

Edit: just read TGA Subcool Chernobyl profile on Herbie's and I would find it hard to go past "Taste Like: Lime Slurpee or Sherbert" whatttttttt!!! its also suggested to keep it as low as possible so could be a good one if you want to be hands on

Herbies is great seed bank they have good genetics from them I used them alot last year I got seeds from the attitude this time got there promo got 15 free seeds,plus the 14 I ordered of mix strains this was second time I ordered from them only to get the promo I got 5 free autos from them so im running them first then im pop what I bought last grow I did mr. nice seeds g13/widow and Afghan haze aka ash which my g13 widow yielded 1/2 pound 1 plant under 650 watt hps plus the other 2 plants I had with it yielded 3oz a piece so I had good harvest all in dwc

Just got home to find my power went off during the storm we had today I have no idea how long my lights been off I went to work at 11:00 and just got in hope that they don't hermie on me now im this far along and this happens they been off for awhile im sure just cross my fingers and hope they didn't get stressed out after that this first time anything happened so hope they will be ok man this sucks

Sounds like you had the works going on! I'm going to start CADing up a design for a custom built grow area soon so I can get building as soon as I have the space.

Agree about Herbie's haven't had any problems so far and their stealth was good.

Nice yields, hope to be able to achieve something like that one day but will have to upgrade the LED.

Just got home to find my power went off during the storm we had today I have no idea how long my lights been off I went to work at 11:00 and just got in hope that they don't hermie on me now im this far along and this happens they been off for awhile im sure just cross my fingers and hope they didn't get stressed out after that this first time anything happened so hope they will be ok man this sucks

Oh no man that sucks so bad! Feel for you. Hopefully it just happened not too long before you got back and won't mess with them :thumb: .

Back
Top Bottom