Ak-47 - LED - DWC

Hello out there.

This is going to be the last pic before harvest. I unplugged the lights as I'm not sure when I will be able to Harvest either Saturday or Sunday or if I would catch it in the darkness period so I'm going to give her an extended dark period to make sure I can chop her when I have a chance.

I'm planning to just hang her upside down from the main stem to dry for maybe 5 days or so. Do you think I would be better off separating by branch or hanging her in her entirety?

IMG_20141114_035708.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Great looking finish - congrats!!

Hello out there.
I'm planning to just hang her upside down from the main stem to dry for maybe 5 days or so. Do you think I would be better off separating by branch or hanging her in her entirety?

i would separate in groups of 2 colas, you can leave a V shaped stem connecting the pair of buds so you can hang them. remember that if you leave the whole plant it will take longer to dry evenly, as the stems retain a lot of water

great work :bravo:
let me know how much dry weight is it mate

Well I got this far through the trim and needed a break. My back is really hurting from crouching to trim and my knees aren't loving it either. Decided to take a break and a picture to show ho5w she looks under her foliage
IMG_20141115_101814.jpg

If you really enjoy plants as much as I do don't forget to vote in the 420 Magazine's Plant of the Month: November 2014 I know I probably don't stand a chance compared to some of the beautiful plants also in the running but every vote counts. Even if you don't vote for me make sure you vote!

Great looking buds. Best advice at this point is to let it cure for 3 weeks minimum. The quality is Sooo much better. Some say 4 weeks but at 3 I was impressed. Congrats

Mother nature decided to drop some white gold on me today so I filled a small bowl with snow and put it in the drying room. Should help me get the humidity a tad higher.

Really smells like plant in the room. Only scent of herb is when the buds are brushed. Hopefully I didn't screw it all up in the dry.

Going out to buy some jars today. Not sure what I'm going to get but by the looks of it need like 20 Mason jars so I will probably try to get the biggest I can. My main Cola is about 14 inches long so I'll be hacking it up to get it in the jars.

Maybe I should hang them in a brown paper compost bag for a couple of days due to my low humidity? I've got one handy and can set that up quick if anyone thinks it will help.

Just get the quart sized wide mouth mason jars. 12 jars for $10. Each jar is an ounce roughly. I use Boveda 62% after my hang dry and it keeps the humidity at 62%. This setup is easier to maintain and easier to work with. I dont know how larger jars would work and would be to scared of the bud sitting on each other especially at the beginning of cure. You can purchase those humidipaks on ebay. The smaller ones are 12 pack for $10.50 free shipping. I put 2 in each jar of the smaller ones so you can order 2 sets if you wanted to get em. They also make the larger packs which you would only need one per jar. Looks good! Cant wait to see some jarred up pics and final weight!

Hey thanks Nitro.

I just found out that boveda packs are locally available available. Also there's a product called the c vault I can pick up today. This vault has a place to put the boveda packs and I can get them up to 6 litres in volume.

Seems to be specifically designed to cure your herb and since I may have to abandon ship and allow someone to finish my cure for me this may be a worthwhile investment.

Anyone heard or used c vaults with 62% boveda packs to cure?

Nevermind it seems like the magic is mostly in the boveda packs. Going to get 12 jars and boveda packs. May be ready to jar tomorrow I've hung them closer together to try and resist the low humidity a bit but I doubt it will help. I hope putting them to cure for 3 weeks with 62% boveda packs will make the flavor delicious

Back
Top Bottom