Akisunni Indoor Cold & Hot Grow Zones

Being a fan of go big or go home, I gotta tell you brother...:thedoubletake::clap: Holy cow!! Holy 3 cows!!!!! So excited to see a build like this. Being a techie myself and a computer guy, this has everything needed to make me want to leave my wife and move in with you...:laughtwo::loopy::rofl: just kidding...But i will be watching this one very close...Good work brother!!

Being a fan of go big or go home, I gotta tell you brother...:thedoubletake::clap: Holy cow!! Holy 3 cows!!!!! So excited to see a build like this. Being a techie myself and a computer guy, this has everything needed to make me want to leave my wife and move in with you...:laughtwo::loopy::rofl: just kidding...But i will be watching this one very close...Good work brother!!

Thank you, this project is still early. In the world of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor, I am well known for over doing it. Kind of a brand mark.

My wife doesn't blink until I yell get the kit, I might need multi stitches... When she ask's... gunna need a donor? If I say, just get the damned kit, she knows we are good to go. So far, havent had to say... "Maybe..."

I have two glass jars. One holds spare bone parts of mine (who knew we had spares)... the other holds spare metal that used to put my bones back together. Combined, they kind of ground me now.

Watch this space for some unique developments, as I bring this project forward. I am ordering remote sensors to monitor the health cycle of a plant during its lifecycle. I think I can do some interesting things with these plants. DNA is like Code. I am pondering how to hack our favorite plants approach to growing bud.

Oh and here is hopefully our Leading Mystery Lady #1 (name suggestions open)

IMG_23499.JPG
IMG_23509.JPG

And her shy sister... (one hopes)...

IMG_235110.JPG

Oh, and I am an idiot for forgetting to mention...

The 2 x 65 watt 2700's for the 36/12 space have arrived, I have swapped the 2 x 23 watt 6500's from there to the stealth clone/seed space now.

I need to add some Y's to add some 2700's I have here to help round out the light spectrum for the plants in there. I expect its at 65-70 watts with in hours, which is enough while I slow grow stuff here, while I wait for space to free up in the two flower spaces...

As one techie to another, I would love to pick ur brain on what your setup is and such. I saw your using the Raspberry board running Linux. Not much experience with Linux, but I guess there's no better time to learn. Always been a Windows guy and only briefly touched on Linux while I was in school. I've been very curious at the concept of using one of those for this exact process. It is invaluable to see it in action. Still away from being able to throw that kind of money at a grow, but hopefully I can get one or two under my belt to help justify it. Was there a specific reason that you are needing the remote surveillance? I never leave except for doctor's appts., but I am planning on setting up some outdoor grow spaces and was looking to use that kind of setup for security more than just watching. I also have female pit to help with security, but she's about as scary as a pink bunny. Although bunnies can be scary to some...like Anya on Buffy...tell me I'm not the only who knows what I'm talking about. Anyways, I am super excited(already said that, but that's how excited I am) and am watching with anticipation.

~K~:Namaste:

Big Update:

I finally have all of the expected lights installed, and everything working as expected. Lets run through where everything is as of this morning, so going forward I can start to judge how things are shaping up.

Seeds and Clone Zone:

Planted all three clones. Unsure if the smallest one makes it or not. While it has roots, it might have a bit rot setting in.
IMG_23899.JPG

Here are the other sturdy clones
IMG_239011.JPG
IMG_238813.JPG

Here are the two seeds. The first is growing nicely, and shy girl stays shy.

IMG_23938.JPG
IMG_23929.JPG
IMG_23918.JPG

The 36/12 Grow Zone finally has its lights setup now

1 x 105 watt 5500
2 x 65 watt 2700
(The homemade LED 75 watt side of plant solution is unplugged as I check temps with the new CFL in there)

IMG_236210.JPG
IMG_236413.JPG
IMG_236511.JPG
IMG_236610.JPG
IMG_237419.JPG
IMG_237313.JPG
IMG_237213.JPG
IMG_237113.JPG
IMG_237013.JPG
IMG_236914.JPG
IMG_236815.JPG
IMG_236711.JPG

Now to the pictures of Big Girl, the Blue Dream (per dispensary clone)

IMG_237517.JPG
IMG_237616.JPG
IMG_237718.JPG
IMG_237813.JPG
IMG_237913.JPG
IMG_238010.JPG
IMG_238112.JPG
IMG_238214.JPG
IMG_238316.JPG

The underbrush is really growing strongly, which is a benefit for my plans for this plant, which include a reveg in place if possible. If I am able to harvest the canopy in a way that I can keep the root/primary stalk area alive, I will do so. If that takes, I will be splicing onto it a number of other plants and putting the plant into a 36/12 light window. I like the idea of a multi strain bud tree.

IMG_238411.JPG

The Buds are growing out nicely now too.
IMG_238010.JPG

IMG_238214.JPG

IMG_237718.JPG

IMG_237616.JPG

IMG_237813.JPG

As one techie to another, I would love to pick ur brain on what your setup is and such. I saw your using the Raspberry board running Linux. Not much experience with Linux, but I guess there's no better time to learn. Always been a Windows guy and only briefly touched on Linux while I was in school. I've been very curious at the concept of using one of those for this exact process. It is invaluable to see it in action. Still away from being able to throw that kind of money at a grow, but hopefully I can get one or two under my belt to help justify it. Was there a specific reason that you are needing the remote surveillance? I never leave except for doctor's appts., but I am planning on setting up some outdoor grow spaces and was looking to use that kind of setup for security more than just watching. I also have female pit to help with security, but she's about as scary as a pink bunny. Although bunnies can be scary to some...like Anya on Buffy...tell me I'm not the only who knows what I'm talking about. Anyways, I am super excited(already said that, but that's how excited I am) and am watching with anticipation.

~K~:Namaste:
Khraevyn,

I am a windows guy, so know I too am making that transition too. Pick up a Raspi when you can. They are easier then I expected. I have a windows note pad file with all of my short cuts saved to it. I remote into its system, running scripts remotely. Its basically Dos 5.0 with a win3.11 with networking desktop on top. Once you put yourself into that space its pretty easy to work with.

I am building the remote process, to free up my own time. Call it ADD or ADAH or what ever :), but I am a lot more productive sitting at my desk, with a monitor browser tabs setup to flick between my plants. I dont have to jump up and run out to the garage to check on them. In fact, I am going days with out touching them, now that I know I can trust my data points.

I have a couple of coders helping with my project. Our tech monitors any kind of remote garden. I can turn on and off water, fans, lights, and watch sprinklers work in real time (my back yard this summer, until a friend used the page to try and soak me while I worked on my tomato's). The "cloud" part of the build is what is really the hard/expensive/WTF was I thinking when I started this project part.

I have real time charts and images streaming to the cloud via our own proprietary API to a cloud DB based solution. That works. My prob is my coder has twins that are teething, and Momma hasnt freed up to work on the project lately. lol

The Raspi with Near Blue IR 5 mega pixal camera costs about $75 (40 for RasPi, 30 Cam, 5 shipping) and and 2 x Arduino Mega with sensor shield ($60ish all in) plus basic temp sensors et all ($20 in parts) is the basic kit. The extra costs is stuff like CO2 monitor and controls (all 3rd party). 3rd party LED lights (or until I decide to make my own vs my cheaper CFL to start approach).

Ask my any questions, send me Private Messages if you want. I am pretty much an open book on this stuff. I am here to learn, and that means sharing what we do know with each other.

Peace,

Aki

I love how healthy your big plants are, they really look stunning. Hope things keep getting dialed in for ya! :Namaste:

I love how healthy your big plants are, they really look stunning. Hope things keep getting dialed in for ya! :Namaste:

I have been a bit shocked with how happy my plants have been. I would suggest it is CO2 based. My grow spaces are designed to allow elavated levels of CO2 in each one, plus I have a Kegerator CO2 tank with controls that I use to give each primary area a boost of CO2 each morning if I remember. The plants love lights with it warmer, with extra CO2 and moisture with nutrients, who am I to argue.

The first plant to harvest is due around Dec 10th. Its really starting to thicken up in the bud cola area. I keep staring at it and wanting to harvest it. Really looking forward to when the dispensary becomes a bud donation visit, and maybe a fresh plant strain to add to the lineup.

B.Real,

Me too, I don't appear to be generating the frosty look yet, but the Big Girl and the Stinky Pinky are only in their 3+ week of flower. Hopefully that will start to show up.

The big girl is so happy, I have decided to keep giving her Nitrogen supplements since I want to keep her alive after the harvest. Its been the easiest plant to raise. Its the real wild card. It could put on real weight.

Stinky Pinky loves its new grow space. It has some old burnt leaves from its time outside, and a CFL incident or two. It is throwing out new growth like crazy and should be a nice harvest.

The Blue Maui is at the stage I could harvest it now. Its getting really dense and is at 7.5-8 weeks now. I will prob give it another week. Its a single cola, and grew up outside, so not representative of the indoor plants. I am hoping for a single dense 1 oz Bud from it. I was going to try and save it, but the more I stare at it, I think it get harvested, its space is turned over for the new seeds. I would like to see how a seed handles 36/12 cycle from beginning.

I get decent sized buds with cfls so you should too :high-five:

keep in mind that the leaves that clawed downward were fed too much nitrogen at some point.

b.real,

Thank you on the leaf knowledge. Please monitor my grows and let me know when you see obvious WTFs... cause to me, they are not *Yet* WTFs...

In my clone and seed zone, I have the weakest clone fading. It has roots, but it was always unknown if it was going survive it doesnt have any zones of happy growth outside of new leaf attempt at waterline. Also, the shy seed appears to now be suffering root stuntedness. I have changes its position in the pot, but I don't believe either of these will be surviving long.

This free's up real time space as I will only have 1 seed and 2 clones in the grow zone, and one major plant about to harvest with two more a month or so from now.

I am pondering new clones and new flavors from the dispensary on Monday. I can jump start about 3 weeks of growth issue by, buying their smallest plants.

I also need another deep freeze, its pretty clear. My wife has decided she loves the deep freezer upper level, where I have technology monitoring grow, for her cooking space making muffins, pretzels, and other dough's rise in there now. A consistent 95 degrees at the top shelf is perfect it appears for pre cooking.

Fresh weekend update with pictures:

Clone zone:
Lights: 24/0
CFL: 2x23 watt 6500 + 1 x 11 watt 6500

IMG_241718.JPG
IMG_241813.JPG
IMG_241622.JPG
IMG_241514.JPG

I have pulled the one clone, and the shy seed, and will remove them from my excel file. Monday I will be getting new plants to join the survivors which currently are 2 clones from the giant blue dream plant below. There is also the one bag seed survivor, which grew so tall it fell over and is now appears happy.

Flower zone: 1
Lights: 36/12
CFL: 1 x 105 watts 5500 2x65 watt 6500

Maui Blue is in its last days before harvest. Here are a couple of it. Its really thickening up now.
IMG_241917.JPG
IMG_242218.JPG

The Stinky Pinky is starting to really grow into its flowers. A light frosting has started
IMG_242616.JPG
IMG_242511.JPG

IMG_242014.JPG
IMG_242116.JPG

Flower Zone: 2
Lights: 12/12
CFL: 1 x 105 Watt 5500, 1 x 65 watt 6500, 2 x 65 watt 2700

The Happy Girl, as I call her is really starting to put some weight into her flowers. Its kind of hard to figure out example how many of her flowers are buds, and how many will grow into each other forming a semi cola, and how many will just be cola sites.

IMG_242914.JPG
IMG_242810.JPG
IMG_243013.JPG
IMG_243315.JPG
IMG_243214.JPG
IMG_243112.JPG

IMG_244215.JPG
IMG_244116.JPG
IMG_244012.JPG
IMG_243916.JPG
IMG_243812.JPG
IMG_243712.JPG
IMG_243514.JPG
IMG_243414.JPG

coming on just nicely there sir, happydays

Thank you, The Big Girl is coming along nicely. The stinky pinky has exploded in flower growth in the last two days. It appears it wanted one of the nuits I gave it in the last watering (5,1,1 & 0,10,10 fish based Alaskan products). They are both at 30 days into Flower and will kick off 2015 with a nice supply of fresh medical due in early January.

The Blue Maui is the issue of the day. Its 60 days into its flowering, its a small, stunted cola. Its still putting on a small amount of bud growth, as I noticed 3 new white hairs here and there, where 99% of hairs are now brown and dried out.

I could take it now and be extremely happy with the grow. It was bought for $15 at the dispensary, put into a $5 gallon double bucket container and abandoned outside until it got cold and I brought it inside about two weeks ago. I have never grown a bud successfully before, so chopping and curing now would the start of a new learning curve, and book the first Veg and Flower cycles into the books.

I don't have a scale, but I would guess its about 1 oz of Premium bud, if chopped now and start the drying process. It might get to 1.05 to a max 1.1 oz of bud in the next two weeks if left alone. However, Its not gaining mass as much as waiting on milky to turn brownish. I tested a popcorn bud a week ago, and it was amazing.

If I chop it, I can back fill the flower space with two large adult healthy clones tomorrow, and start their flowering cycle now. That would give me my first Bud now, 2 plants in 30 days, and 2 more plants in 60 days with 2 small clones and a bag seed in my small veg space.

Now that everything is written above, I kind of think the only question now is do I chop before I get a scale, or chop and weight it... lol

you got a pick of the one you want to chop. blue maui is a cross between Blue Dream and Maui Waui , more sativa than indica. so was wondering how long she takes to finish. 8 weeks is short for a sativa. but you are growing them so you will know them better than me.

BUT if this is your first chop.THEN i would say fuckit and start chopping.lol happydays. but if she is a very sativa plant then you will get the bulk weight being put on in the last 2 weeks. but like you said you have babies waiting to fill the space. so again i would be like chop chop .lol

ps WELL DONE ON YOUR FIRST CHOP.WOOOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOOT

Those girls are looking sexy as hell.

Back
Top Bottom