Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

I'm just happy to hear you're muddling through and alive to tell the tale! Give my best to the family and update us on the plant situation whenever is convenient. :)

And of course, a guitar video wouldn't be too bad either. :thumb:

Just go listen to Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love and pretend I can play it well and that it's me you hear. :D

That isn’t how to spell saxophone.
Goodonya :green_heart:

Had to put down the sax for a while, Double D. 99% sure it was covid that kicked my ass last February. It took four months to (mostly) not huff and puff walking outside to the grow space. I have been thinking about picking it up again, but I need some thinner reeds first. I ain't 20 anymore so those 2-1/2 and 3's just ain't gonna cut it. I'll order some 1-1/2-2's and give those a try until I get my lungs built back up.

Hey, don't laugh at me, @DonkeyDick . I can play that song terribly at 1/10 speed, but not all at once! I do love that pull off and dive on the fourth string during the solo, though. :) That man was a genius. He did OK switching from drums. :D

Glad to hear you're doing well. Handle life and the stress the best you can. I can completely relate and removing oneself from social media, etc. It certainly isn't a pretty part of our world. Blessings to you and your family.

And to your lungs! I love hearing a good sax or just about any brass really! I too need to pick my guitar and bass more often.

Covid?

Oh, the sax! Got it.

Horn players blow and when they do everyone is always satisfied. :D

The fact that eighteen months later you’re still struggling to blow your horn is very scary. Covid is no joke, man. Glad to hear you’re doing better :high-five:

Thankfully, not so much any more. Sax blowing takes a lot of air with a steady release. Taking a deep breath only for it to trigger a cough is not conducive to a steady release so it's taken more time.

Back in the day I had mastered the sax while I tried on guitar. My fingers still feel nimble enough if I can get them to move in the correct order and blow enough. Either way I feel that's a better use of time and effort than many other things I've done.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Handle life and the stress the best you can. I can completely relate and removing oneself from social media, etc. It certainly isn't a pretty part of our world. Blessings to you and your family.

And to your lungs! I love hearing a good sax or just about any brass really! I too need to pick my guitar and bass more often.

As Walter Mitty said in that movie about his secret life: I have to make oxygen choices (less literally now than figuratively here). It's part of a wider evaluation of what is important enough for me to spend my finite time doing and spending more of it doing what makes me happy.

Good to make your acquaintance, by the way.

It's always tickled me that sax is the only woodwind to also be considered a brass instrument by many, if not technically then in practice.

I highly encourage you to pick them up more. Learn a new song or two. Practice. Get better. Start a garage band. Have some fun and personal fulfillment.

Good to hear from you Al!
Glad everyone is doing well! The struggles of its you’re boy is expected and like you said it’s all about the baby steps. Baby steps at a time, and in the long haul everything should fall into place!!

Sorry to hear about the covid! Glad to hear you are well and got over it!! My grandma just passed away due to covid this past week. It’s definitely not fair, she was in the hospital for something else, and the hospital had an outbreak, she ended up catching it, and passed away all by her lonesome, because no one was able to see her. Very sad, we miss her dearly!

Good to hear from you Al!
Glad everyone is doing well! The struggles of its you’re boy is expected and like you said it’s all about the baby steps. Baby steps at a time, and in the long haul everything should fall into place!!

Sorry to hear about the covid! Glad to hear you are well and got over it!! My grandma just passed away due to covid this past week. It’s definitely not fair, she was in the hospital for something else, and the hospital had an outbreak, she ended up catching it, and passed away all by her lonesome, because no one was able to see her. Very sad, we miss her dearly!

I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. This whole situation is beyond sad, especially when it hits someone you know.

I just want to say Hi, Al!
Glad to see you around here again-
Sorry to hear that covid tried to take you out, great to hear that you didn't let it! :thumb:

I just want to say Hi, Al!
Glad to see you around here again-
Sorry to hear that covid tried to take you out, great to hear that you didn't let it! :thumb:

It was before we had testing available, but with what I now know I'm fairly confident. Either way, I'm fully vaccinated and ready for my third dose ASAP.

Good to be back. I still have to come post those pics in the WSE thread. Thanks for stopping by, carcass!

It liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss!!! (Happy Halloween)

Helluva year.

Lost all energy and became far too cantankerous. Turns out to be a chronic condition that is well controlled now. Had to downsize, but I feel so much better now.

The "kid" had a big turn-around and is doing much better. Wants to get his medical card again. I'm all for it.

A-hole brother died over the summer (abusive jerk).

Mom died much more recently. She had Alzheimer's so it seems we lost her one piece at a time over several years.

And the place I work is shutting the doors so I moved work and got a nice raise.

Helluva year.

Hope you guys are all doing well.

Hey fornia! Sounds like a helluva year indeed, but it's nice to see you're alive and kicking. :)
Lost all energy and became far too cantankerous. Turns out to be a chronic condition that is well controlled now. Had to downsize, but I feel so much better now.
That's great news. Nothing like a diagnosis and a way to get it under control. Excellent!
The "kid" had a big turn-around and is doing much better. Wants to get his medical card again. I'm all for it.
That's terrific! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking brighter for him.
A-hole brother died over the summer (abusive jerk).
:rip: either way.
Mom died much more recently. She had Alzheimer's so it seems we lost her one piece at a time over several years.
I'm sorry to hear that. May her memory be for a blessing.

It's a sad way to lose someone (my dad had dementia for the last 5 years of his life), but I can now look back on the love he gave us along the way and know that he no longer feels lost in a world he doesn't understand. It takes time though.
And the place I work is shutting the doors so I moved work and got a nice raise.
:yahoo:
Hope you guys are all doing well.
I'm doing better now!

Roll Tide!

Hey fornia! Sounds like a helluva year indeed, but it's nice to see you're alive and kicking. :)

That's great news. Nothing like a diagnosis and a way to get it under control. Excellent!

That's terrific! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking brighter for him.

:rip: either way.

I'm sorry to hear that. May her memory be for a blessing.

It's a sad way to lose someone (my dad had dementia for the last 5 years of his life), but I can now look back on the love he gave us along the way and know that he no longer feels lost in a world he doesn't understand. It takes time though.

:yahoo:

I'm doing better now!

Roll Tide!

Roll Tide! (hope they got some things fixed during the bye)

Modern medical science with effective medications kicks ass. I would literally fall asleep after getting home and eating and feel like I had to push like hell to get through the day until then. The past month was a marathon and I endured it while pacing myself when possible. For a while it wasn't.

Dementia is a terrible thing. I miss my mom and dad, like I'm sure you miss your dad - but we know they are in a better place, too.

Glad you are doing better. Hope things didn't get too bad. (if I forgot another big thing please cut some slack :D )

Back
Top Bottom