Bassman's 6th - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Kush

Re: Bassman's 6th, BPN, RDWC, Hi-Defoliation, Hi-Yield Martian & Master Kush grow.

For me it tends to go down in flower, up in veg.

Re: Bassman's 6th, BPN, RDWC, Hi-Defoliation, Hi-Yield Martian & Master Kush grow.

Update:

Day 7 12/12 Officially day 1 of flower

We got pistils! minute, but they are there so today is day 1 of flower!

Ph was 5.5 this morning, adjusted to 6.01
PPM is 960 or 1.92 e.c. on .500 conversion meter
RH is 48%
Air temp 82 lights on/ 70 lights off
Water temp 68f and steady.

As mentioned before, had numerous low ph lockouts. Back and forth up and down. You can see some obvious deficiencies in some of the pics. But the girls are still very healthy. I've got it dialed on the ph now though. Just took me a bit to get used to how much to add of the BPN PH UP.

Estimated harvest day should be around March 15th on the Master Kush and maybe a week later on the Martian Kush.

I'm really going to have to pinch the Martian Kush. They're getting big fast. I foresee a lot of string and super cropping in my future! I hate to think this could be my 3rd grow in a row that gets too tall. But it's possible on the Martian Kush. At the same time I may have the Master Kush dialed in perfect. I really look forward to perfecting the Master Kush with high defoliation. This grow could possibly be close. We shall see.

Enjoy the pics!

Master Kush:
P11800022.JPG

Back of tent:
P11800031.JPG
P11800041.JPG

Martian Kush:
P11800052.JPG
P1180006.JPG

im really not a fan of ph up, had serious issues in past. just curious why u wouldnt use couple litres of water? it wouldnt affect ppm really. in DWC plants will take what they want wen they need it, so long as ppm not too high.

I've not had issue using ph up.

Adding about 5 liters per day already just to maintain water level. It doesnt make enough difference in a 15-18 gal system.

Planning on res change for Sunday and switching from transition nutrients to full bloom mix. I'll mix the nutrients about 3 hrs or so before I res change so the ph stabilizes.

Glad I got subbed in before the end Bass. One thing I have learned from your journals is not to overcrowd - probably a little too late on my current grow. Definitely going to drop the next one down to your set up of 4 per 1K light. Still haven't balled up and defoliate to the degree you do (I like to train them hard by constant bending, twisting and tie downs), but I definitely defoliate heavier than I ever have before. Just did my day 21 flower defoliate without mercy. Cant wait to see how they spring back.

Thanks for all the great information and the bad ass journals!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

@Tokeman1 & Herbalizor, Thanks for the compliments. And many thanks for joining in on this fun ride!

So I'm following your guidelines and stripped my bitch hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {for the second time) She is recovering better than expected.....:thumb: she's been pulled, bent, stripped and is popping new growth like crazy!!!

Thanx again for sharing this info.... :)

:bravo: Nice ta hear crashnfool!

I'm like a kid on xmas morning this afternoon. My seeds from the tude came in this afternoon! Wheeeeee! :party::cheer::circle-of-love::surf::goof::tommy::biglaugh::theband::rocker::woohoo:

Going to drop four Kosher Kush next week.

That will leave me with the following seeds to look at for future moms and/or breeding:
Reserva Privada:
4 x Kosher Kush
4 x Martian Kush
1 x OG Kush #18
1 x Silver LA
1 x Sour Kush

Nirvana:
1 x Master Kush

DNA Seeds:
1 x Stacked Kush
1 x LA Confidential
1 x LA Woman

Barneys:
1 x Pineapple Chunk
1 x Critical Kush

Delicious Seeds:
1 x La Diva

World of Seeds:
1 x Afghan Kush Ryder

I'd love to have 4 different, good, solid moms from these to rotate 4 of a given strain at a time and maybe do some breeding so I don't have to buy seeds. Of course quality, stability, and a strain that loves to get stripped naked and yield a lot will be the goal.

But hell, I don't really know diddly yet about breeding, so I guess I'll have to look forward to learning more & more as I go!

I'm like a kid on xmas morning this afternoon. My seeds from the tude came in this afternoon! Wheeeeee! :party::cheer::circle-of-love::surf::goof::tommy::biglaugh::theband::rocker::woohoo:

Going to drop four Kosher Kush next week.

That will leave me with the following seeds to look at for future moms and/or breeding:
Reserva Privada:
4 x Kosher Kush
4 x Martian Kush
1 x OG Kush #18
1 x Silver LA
1 x Sour Kush

Nirvana:
1 x Master Kush

DNA Seeds:
1 x Stacked Kush
1 x LA Confidential
1 x LA Woman

Barneys:
1 x Pineapple Chunk
1 x Critical Kush

Delicious Seeds:
1 x La Diva

World of Seeds:
1 x Afghan Kush Ryder

I'd love to have 4 different, good, solid moms from these to rotate 4 of a given strain at a time and maybe do some breeding so I don't have to buy seeds. Of course quality, stability, and a strain that loves to get stripped naked and yield a lot will be the goal.

But hell, I don't really know diddly yet about breeding, so I guess I'll have to look forward to learning more & more as I go!

Breeding can be quite rewarding if you have the patience and time to do it correctly. I enjoyed making my F1 of Grand Daddy Cheese and Grape Chronic Juice. I can not wait to start the next phase. :)

Mini Update:

Girls look good. Martian Kush is growing like freaking gang busters. I can see why she's considered a higher yield strain.

This morning ph was 5.3, 3 hrs after lights on. Added ph up, and 30 mins before lights off it was 5.79. I added enough ph up to get it to approx 6.1 before lights out. This will be checked moments before lights out and we'll see just how much it's dropping during transition in 12 hr period.

All of this ph stuff could be subject to change though. As tomorrow will be res change day IF I don't watch both playoff games. Otherwise, Shoot for Monday res change and full bloom nutrients.

Somewhere in all of this, I'll be making up about 12-14 2L hempys and transplanting Master Kush and Martian Kush clones. Then I'll have to clean out the second room, set up the old 4x4 tent, get all the parts for my wiring project, do the wiring to switch this grow to 240v. Move the hempys into the tent under my 685w LED to veg the clones for about 2-3 weeks. And I'll have to start bending and tying up the Martian Kush to keep them down before they get out of control!

Who'da thunk there'd be this much work!

Thanks for the encouraging thought TG. I'll be hitting up lots of people to learn the process I'm sure. In the end I want to have a massive amount of feminized seeds I hope.

Thanks for the encouraging thought TG. I'll be hitting up lots of people to learn the process I'm sure. In the end I want to have a massive amount of feminized seeds I hope.

I am learning as well but seem to have a pretty good understanding of what I need to do. Feel free to pick my brain any time. :)

So, changed out res today to full bloom nutrients. PH'd at 5.8, 1190 ppm or 2.38 e.c. on .500 meter. PPM will go down naturally as I add straight ro water during the next few days. It's a bit hot now, but I'm not going to worry about it.

Painted my 2L hempy bottles today for the clones from these plants. Will transplant sometime in the next two days.

Tomorrow will be all about getting all the electrical parts to switch over to 220v. If all goes well, I'll have it done by Tues. If so, the old 4x4 tent goes up and the hempys go into that under my 685w LED. That will free up the veg closet for the next four Kosher Kush beans to drop and veg to be ready for this tent when it harvests.

Somewhere between tomorrow and Tues I'll also have to get into this grow and start bending the big Martian Kush girls and set up string support. Not exactly scrog. Just strands of support to lean on after super cropping.

Update:

Day 4 in flower, day 10 in 12/12:

Got up at lights on and opened up the tent. Ph held at 5.8, nice.

They are all bushing up very nicely but the Martian Kush are just going nuts. Time for some super cropping. Bent 7 big branches on the largest Martian Kush in the back left, one on the right. They are still taller than the Master kush in front but not as much.

Raised the light up 7 clicks and moved it slightly forward as well to get a little more light to the Master Kush up front.

All the plants are getting nice and wide, but the girls in the back are really getting there. I still like the Master Kush in front left, structure the most. Four nice main branches, spread perfectly, and now just waiting on the middle to start moving upwards and mobile.

Full tent:
P1210003.JPG

Front left Master Kush:
P1210004.JPG

Front right Master Kush:
P1210005.JPG

Back left big girl Martian Kush:
P1210009.JPG
P12100061.JPG

Back right Martian Kush:
P12100071.JPG

Back-middle look at the wide coverage:
P1210008.JPG

Nice pics. You start defoliating at day 21 of 12/12 correct?

Nice pics. You start defoliating at day 21 of 12/12 correct?

Yes. I did take 2-3 really big leaves that were shading out multiple buds and had good sized nodes already. And I will take some bad leaves during veg. But defoliation starts again after stretch or near the end of stretch if I need to stop the stretch.

dang those hunnies are haulin. Are you converting your electrical system to 240 so you can run more equipment right? I am wondering cause I have to do something similar and the ballasts I got say they will run on 240 but not sure if I have to get new cords or a lighting controller?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom