Bassman's 6th - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Kush

Re: Bassman's 6th, BPN, RDWC, Hi-Defoliation, Hi-Yield Martian & Master Kush grow.

Well then I guess I'm not a newb all my girls get super cropped! I thought that was just called bending. What do I know ha

Re: Bassman's 6th, BPN, RDWC, Hi-Defoliation, Hi-Yield Martian & Master Kush grow.

Hey there Bass I must have missed it before but are you giving the ladies and extended dark cycle in the beginning of flowering? Is that the 36 hours dark you mentioned? I am finally in veg and want to start flowering in 30 days or less. This first run will be a lot of monitoring cause the learning curve will be huge

Heya AzM, Yes I give them 36hrs dark as a bump into flowering. At the end of a 12hr lights on period I shut of the timer and of course take out that 1 hr on time in the middle of the glr schedule. Then reset the next night for 12/12.

After 3 weeks of 12/12 I'll also take another 30 min off the lights on time every week as part of diminishing light schedule. Ending at 9 hrs lights on the last week of flowering. Strain dependent, for expected flowering period, I try to plan last week at 9 hrs on.

If I wasn't running perpetual I would for sure do the dlr. makes the most sense just like your high defol method.

Looking like a good start over here. I am subbed up and watching the show. :)

Can't wait for this one! You've been extremely helpful and have opened my eyes to a complete different style of growing which I feel is ideal for my room. Really appreciate you friend! Thanks for Sharing. One of these days (when I'm not as embarrassed of my setup compared to yours and others) I might even have my own journal to share! Thanks again.

hey buddy did you see my setup in my first journal? :rofl: tiny closet and rv bathtub, cfls, and bagseed compared to what i have now it was a joke but lots of ppl came and helped and made it a success like bass said have no fear to get that journal going and you'll get lots of useful help and tips and fun times, i had sooo many mishaps like the time all my plants froze and wilted nearly lost it all but the 420 gang helped me thru it and i ended up with a harvest , no worries nobody will harsh on you, we all started somewhere:high-five:

btw im subbed again bassman!!! lol

Nice ta see ya BID!

Update:

Day 3 of 12/12

After only 3 days of 12/12 they are filling out nicely. But the stretch on the Martian Kush is insane! There is a 6" difference from the shortest Master Kush (front left) to the tall Martian Kush. These two girls in the back are going to take some major training and super cropping to keep down. The tall girl is also wide as hell at her widest point already 30".

As you can see in some of the pics below, some leaves are less than perfect. I removed a few bad yellow ones, but basically PH kept dipping too low and it was lockout. Got it dialed now at 5.71 ph. It was just a matter of getting the right amount of ph up and not boosting too much at a time.

You'll see a string holding one super cropped branch up. It's been a few days but she doesn't have the strength yet to stand on her own. Once she does, I'll be rotating her a bit and super cropping her ass a bunch. Same with the one in back right. She can go wider easily but I need her shorter.

The last pic is the front left Master Kush and the shortest of them. She hasn't shown 1" of stretch yet, but she is developing really nicely. Four main branches spread out nice and wide, and the middle off shoots will soon grow nicely upwards. Ideally, I think that's the shape I want to aim for on every grow for best yield/penetration and I like her size at this point. I think she'll be almost perfect in height-width at the end. If I can get the canopy even she may be the best overall producer in terms of quality with yield. Though she may produce less than that back big girl, chances are high she'll have less tiny shit as a result of less shading. Getting the big ole Martian Kush to not shade the hell out of themselves may be a challenge in this tent.

PPM is 1030 on .500 conversion or basically a nice 2.06 e.c.
RH is 30% and rising as they leaf out and transpire more.
Temp is 84 max, 82 about norm.
Water temp is 67.9, I like this.

P1140002.JPG

Big ass Martian Kush 30" wide, 17" tall already.
P1140003.JPG

Master Kush front right plant:
P1140004.JPG

Master Kush front left, shortest, I like this one the most.
P1140005.JPG

Looking good.

Thank You Sir. Cant wait to try the same. I have been vegging under GLR and like the results so far. I have not yet tried DLS but plan on seeing how Mendo Purps and OG Kush respond. I put the clones in bubblers w/ 700 ppm grow nutrients and am considering today veg. day #1. Journal here I come:)

Looking good cant wait to see yet another amazing grow!

im subbed for this one very interested in the heavy defoliation you talk of. As a fact of the matter im running a side by side in my journal now should have read your heavy defo thread a little better then i did before i started though my first plant i did well lets just say it was extreme defoliation not just heavy i read the part that said anything with a 1 inch stem or longer you take off too bad i didnt read the next sentence or even the next few words that said as long as they were not attached to the cluster. But to late now see how she looks in the morning i guess LOL. i will be comparing the results from heavy defoliation to the results of my normal defoliation and just to make matters a little simpler i will remove the extreme and the runt one from each side of the room to even it out the odds so i will have 5 plants of each to compare as an end result hope you dont mind but i know i will be watching you on this one and i know i will be taking your ideas and putting them to use in my garden and hopefully this does not offend you.

if you get a chance pop in and check it out hope for the best possible in your grow this time and all your future grows always fun watchin and learning from ya

You will surely have to work hard to offend me chubbzfat. I just aint that easy to offend! I'll try to take a look at your journal too.

Thanks for joining in! Enjoy the ride!

Master Kush front left, shortest, I like this one the most.
P1140005.JPG

But, of course, you love all of them equally, right? :rofl:

Nice looking plant.

I can't believe I missed your journal. Sorry Bassman. I'm all subbed up and gave you some rep. :high-five:

Let us know how that electrical issue pans out.

Thanks Hiker and welcome! Enjoy the ride!

Ya I hope to have the electrical figured out and set up next week so I can open up a 2nd tent.

Just got up to speed. Its looking above par as usual bass. I'll keep one eye fixed here at all times.

I'm along for this one!!! Taking notes along the way...:thanks:

Welcome! Thanks for jumping on board.

Nothing much to report just yet. Rotated the girls around a little bit to change light exposure. The Martian Kush in the back are still much larger than the Master Kush.

No signs of flowering yet at day 6 (Thurs).

The ph has been dropping a lot every day and been a little bit of an issue getting dialed in but the last two days I got the amounts of ph up needed more dialed in. Nonetheless they have had too many hours of low ph and lockout. Some of the leaves show this. But they'll be fine from here I think.

As they've increased in size and girth and leafed up well the humidity is up to 42% and just like expected, looking good.

Lights are off as I write this and getting ready for work. Maybe pics in the morning. Possibly 1st signs of flowers by morning too!

Have a great nite all!

Welcome! Thanks for jumping on board.

Nothing much to report just yet. Rotated the girls around a little bit to change light exposure. The Martian Kush in the back are still much larger than the Master Kush.

No signs of flowering yet at day 6 (Thurs).

The ph has been dropping a lot every day and been a little bit of an issue getting dialed in but the last two days I got the amounts of ph up needed more dialed in. Nonetheless they have had too many hours of low ph and lockout. Some of the leaves show this. But they'll be fine from here I think.

As they've increased in size and girth and leafed up well the humidity is up to 42% and just like expected, looking good.

Lights are off as I write this and getting ready for work. Maybe pics in the morning. Possibly 1st signs of flowers by morning too!

Have a great nite all!

Your ph drops over time? Huh. How does that happen? I thought I understood why the ph in a res drifts up, but if yours is going down, then that theory is busted.

Back
Top Bottom