Beavis Does Blue Dream In High Brix Soil

Ten pounds of ewc' s and 225 grams of docs amendment.

Congratulations Beavis, be patient and those buds will be tasty when ready. Just know the flavor will improve as they cure. I sample my BD at two weeks and it was good, but now 3 1/2 weeks later it has gotten much smoother, and hidden flavors are starting to come out.

Great job Bud!

This patience stuff is for the birds...:loopy:

Ten pounds of ewc' s and 225 grams of docs amendment.

Is that for 1/2 kit? Something I've done is to get a smaller bag of Promix HP (one of those loose-fill 2.2cu/ft bags) and put half in each bin before I re-amend and cook. It's one way to increase my soil volume without buying a whole bail etc,. and has really paid dividends as my rotation times have shortened and number of plants has increased. Soil shortage is a proper anxiety inducer and a true PITA.

This patience stuff is for the birds...:loopy:

When I'm running low, I hit some of it as soon as it's ready for the jars, albeit with the understanding it's still quite young and maybe a little harsh thanks to the chlorophyll. But I have a few people that have seen the light and appreciate the difference even a few weeks in the jar makes and will say...let me know when it's REALLY ready.

Is that for 1/2 kit? Something I've done is to get a smaller bag of Promix HP (one of those loose-fill 2.2cu/ft bags) and put half in each bin before I re-amend and cook. It's one way to increase my soil volume without buying a whole bail etc,. and has really paid dividends as my rotation times have shortened and number of plants has increased. Soil shortage is a proper anxiety inducer and a true PITA.

When I'm running low, I hit some of it as soon as it's ready for the jars, albeit with the understanding it's still quite young and maybe a little harsh thanks to the chlorophyll. But I have a few people that have seen the light and appreciate the difference even a few weeks in the jar makes and will say...let me know when it's REALLY ready.

Yes that's for half the kit...or a little less than half. I still have half of the initial soil cook left.

I'll probably be patient and let it cure for a few weeks. I did sample a little budlet last night and it was pretty harsh without much flavor. Got super high tho.

Yes that's for half the kit...or a little less than half. I still have half of the initial soil cook left.

I'll probably be patient and let it cure for a few weeks. I did sample a little budlet last night and it was pretty harsh without much flavor. Got super high tho.

Beaves , you said that was 15 gal's. right? well that's approx. 1/3 of a kit. Those numbers I gave you are to reamend and cook 15 gal's. or 1/3 of a 'Kit' OK!

Thanks a ton Morg...there are many things I can improve on next time and I plan on doing that!! Thanks for the kind words!

Not yet...it's killing me but I'm being patient. Honestly, I really don't have a clue but I don't think I'm going to get anything close to 7 ounces. Maybe half that...we'll see I have no idea. The buds are kinda like golfball size nuggets. Covered in trichs. Honesty I don't care what my final amount is. I'm going to have a big ole personal stash of top shelf blue dream and that's all that matters. This has been a huge achievement for me personally...especially turning this plant around from near death. I think the knowledge I gained on this grow combined with better genetics will result in the kind of volume you guys are getting.

Thank you ween, I greatly appreciate the guidance and encouragement along the way!!
I like your second statement saying you don't care about weight you care that you got great meds grown by you! That's a amazing thought process for a new grower, most people are so worried about yields they forget what's important QUALITY, QUALITY , AND MORE QUALITY. THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE FROM A GROWER LIKE ME IS PATIENCE IS THE BEST NUTE, YOU'LL EVER GIVE YOUR PLANT

I second that. If you understand that it's about the quality from the get-go then you save yourself a lot of time that you can put into working on the quality even more :passitleft:

I like your second statement saying you don't care about weight you care that you got great meds grown by you! That's a amazing thought process for a new grower, most people are so worried about yields they forget what's important QUALITY, QUALITY , AND MORE QUALITY. THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE FROM A GROWER LIKE ME IS PATIENCE IS THE BEST NUTE, YOU'LL EVER GIVE YOUR PLANT

I second that. If you understand that it's about the quality from the get-go then you save yourself a lot of time that you can put into working on the quality even more :passitleft:

Yes always concentrate on the quality and you will see yields rise on their own.

That's why I've never owned a set of scales until 6 weeks ago. I have 5gal bucket smashed plum full of smoke that I've grown over past few years. Need to make some hash, lol.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate it! Today may be the day...the bud feels close. Will check at lunch and. This morning was day 4.

Morning Beaves!��

Top of the evenin to ya Duggan! LOL whew busy day.

After 4.5 days of drying in the tent, I decided it was time to trim and jar up the Blue Dream. Finally tally was 156 g's or 5.6 zips. I'm pumped with that big time! I also have almost half a grocery bag of trim I plan on using on a run of bubble hash. :high-five: I haven't weighed the trim (need to) but just eyeballin it...its a lot. Sorry if I got too scientific there.

50 g's of wood
IMG_73358.JPG

IMG_73368.JPG

IMG_73377.JPG

IMG_73385.JPG

IMG_73398.JPG

*this last pic is gonna get Duggs riled up* *snicker*

Very nice haul :thumb: Put the trim in the freezer, it's the best way to have your bubble come easily :passitleft:

Mornin Beaves...."riled up" ...who me...Nahh!...LMFAO...what's all that stuff in the jars...BAHH!....:rofl:
Beaves , you have done one helluva great job with your BD there. You should feel very stoked as I know you do!
5.6 zips from your very first 'kit' grow with one plant...FFS's bud,..that's pretty cool , i'de say!
Like Buck said ,time to enjoy it some. let us all know how ya like it Beaves...is it as good as you had hoped , taste , effect ...etc..?
Yes, and like Conrad just mentioned ...everyone should listen up ....whenever you save 'trim' for making Bubblehash, it's best to use fresh , frozen trim, so get it in the freezer asap until ya need it, then before you process it for the bags , chop it up like a salad while it's still frozen , but NOT too fine OK. This will prevent the larger leaves and trim from folding over on itself stopping glands from breaking free...got it. When you finally get ready for that first BH run with your new bags , please make sure to get a hold of me before you start. I can give you some cool little tips and tricks to achieve the BEST possible BH (full melting) from your coveted trim OK! Cheers and good on ya Beaves...a job extremely well done.:bravo::cheer::Namaste::high-five::goodjob:

... then before you process it for the bags , chop it up like a salad while it's still frozen , but NOT too fine OK. This will prevent the larger leaves and trim from folding over on itself stopping glands from breaking free...

This is a great tip that I only learned after about 10 runs...lol

You want a course chop though, like Duggs said. Not a julienne or chiffonade. :cool:

This is a great tip that I only learned after about 10 runs...lol

You want a course chop though, like Duggs said. Not a julienne or chiffonade. :cool:

Yup , me too Gov..FFS's eh bud! Ya , and not a fine chop...just about 1 inch x 1 inch. Do it while still frozen, as soon as ya pull it outta the freezer. Cheers Beaves , Gov and friends!:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom