BID 5.1 Digital Dual JDL 600s - 4x4 - Organic Coco Perpetual

Re: BID 5.1 Digital Dual JDL 600s - 4x4 - Blue Planet Nutrients - Organic Coco Perpet

I feel underlit! I will be putting out 800 w when my other Cooltube arrives in a 40" X 40" tent...should be more than ample with footprints large enough for a 4X4 tent...so your question...I KNOW it was tongue in cheek....no...I think 2 600s should be more than ample lighting for a 4X4 tent IMHO :cheesygrinsmiley:
im prolly a litttle overkill here im at 10,625 lumens per sqft and 2500 is whats recommended another one i read was that you should have about 50watts hid light per sq ft im at a little over 90watts per sq ft, so perhaps a tad overkill but i also read that you cant really have to much light, unless you just put way to many lights to the point where the tops get bleached white , i dont think i will have that problem,like if i put 4 1k lights in a 4x4 lol, im just expecting things will be well lit, i figure im just running it at double what is recommended they say a 600watt hps is good for up to 5x5 so i should be good with 2 600s running at 726watts in a 4x4 space, it seems my inline fan is doing a good job ulling off the heat so far i have not gone over75f degrees so im hoping all will be good i do have an ac unit i can vent in there if it comes to it fingers crossed, we shall see:high-five:

Wouldn't miss this one!! Thanks for sharing!
right on thanks for looking

My ballast and CoolTube arrived today. Will give it a trial run with lights on tonight. Making sure I don't trip breakers, won't have the rest of my stuff until next week...then I can add the ducting and 6" fan:cheesygrinsmiley:
excellent i'll have to check in over there, i love the cooltube no odor leaks and air moves real fast thu them:thumb:

Re: BID 5.1 Digital Dual JDL 600s - 4x4 - Blue Planet Nutrients - Organic Coco Perpet

I feel underlit! I will be putting out 800 w when my other Cooltube arrives in a 40" X 40" tent...should be more than ample with footprints large enough for a 4X4 tent...so your question...I KNOW it was tongue in cheek....no...I think 2 600s should be more than ample lighting for a 4X4 tent IMHO :cheesygrinsmiley:

oh yeah i was being a smart ass! its like the light of god in there!! i dont think light is going to be my biggest limiting factor lol more like co2 or big enough pots, im contemplating a co2 enrichment plan of some sort

Just looking forward to the results of both tents, yours and mine...got the light in, since I have a dimmable ballast on the MH, I started at the lowest setting...also added a large fan at the opposite end of the grow room. :cheesygrinsmiley:time to turn it up after checking temps inside the tent.
:tokin:

subscribed
welcome aboard the bid ship cannapop! lol i"ll try to make it worth your while :thumb:

ok guys so i was building up some coco yesterday and i went looking for some info on coco and using organics i never really found what i was looking for and i also came to the realization that we dont have a consolidated ,desiginated coco section here on the forums, not that i was able to find anyway so i started a new thread dedicated to all things coco link in my siggy, im hoping for it to bedcome the goto thread for ppl seeking out info on coco and ways to use it but if its gonna be the resourse im hoping,im gonna need you other coco growers to help add info and expierences,tips,tricks data etc. so feel free to post,add info,ask questions and so forth, perhaps it can become a sticky or even a sub forum anyway i just thought i would share that i also posted my latest recipe i'll be testing out.
also last night i put a few more plants into the new flower room 3 blue dream clones,and a couple others i'll name later when i figure out what they were lol it was late and i was tired pretty much all the tallest ones from veg ,i also noticed the big blue dream and skunk#11 were looking a little light fried looks like i may have to pull them earlier than i planned they got pretty dried out and crispy on the edges pretty rough actually i really need a new fan in there ok thats it for now more details & pics later:high-five::thumb:

chopped a purple power bonsai and the skunk11 details in journal 4, made some room for more, im finding it difficult to reach the plants in the back i need some carts & poles or something any ideas would be appreciated

For watering? I have 1/2 " pvc in two lengths for different applications, with a clear hose 12" long that comes on and off my pink plastic watering can. Everything I do is measured, I fill the can with the proper amount, put the wand in the pot, tilt the can and voila! I can water 4 feet away, without hurting any innocent bystanders....from a chair.

For watering? I have 1/2 " pvc in two lengths for different applications, with a clear hose 12" long that comes on and off my pink plastic watering can. Everything I do is measured, I fill the can with the proper amount, put the wand in the pot, tilt the can and voila! I can water 4 feet away, without hurting any innocent bystanders....from a chair.

yeah i have a sprayer i use like that but i like to rotate a 1/2 turn every day and getting then in and out for weekly lst/bug/defol etc i need a way to retrieve thm without having to stoop below the lights ,im thinking little squares or circles of plywood with 3 or 4 rollers and a stick with a hook on the end and holes to hook on the carts so i can pull them to me, i do like your idea for a water can some times i clog my sprayer , i guess i should have mentioned that watering was not my main concern but thanks anyway buddy that is a really good idea:thumb::high-five:

yeah i have a sprayer i use like that but i like to rotate a 1/2 turn every day and getting then in and out for weekly lst/bug/defol etc i need a way to retrieve thm without having to stoop below the lights ,im thinking little squares or circles of plywood with 3 or 4 rollers and a stick with a hook on the end and holes to hook on the carts so i can pull them to me, i do like your idea for a water can some times i clog my sprayer , i guess i should have mentioned that watering was not my main concern but thanks anyway buddy that is a really good idea:thumb::high-five:

Ok bro, I comprende now, at the dollar store they have low plant stands with casters on em, They were cheap as I remember, and a seasonal item that should be there now. Bid, I'm very interested in creating systems for persons with physical challenges that could prevent or limit their ability to produce their own medicine. I have tons of experience with construction and design in both residential and commercial applications. I am a cabinetmaker also and have experience with alot of heavy duty hardware available. I'll lend my experience in any way I can bro.

i remember seeing those before ill look and see, kinds strapped for cash (life on disability pay bills and broke) but perhaps i can manage 1 or 2 and fabricate the rest fotrunatly i have a fair bit of scrap n junk to scavange thru

Ima gonna see how many I have bid, i am resigned to the fact of movin em in and out for the exact same reasons you previously mentioned, I must cultivate the tops of the soil, and apply my supplements the same way. I only rotate when I water/feed.

im thinking ill keep the bigger closer to the end plants in the back ,when i set it up i was not thinking about access the tent seemed so big and all i didnt think about all the gear that would be hanging, i get a lil we todd did sometimes,lol the tent has side zip open windows for access but as i have it setup right up against the veg tent i cant use them, doh! the other is blocked off by my nute shelves, , im planning doing some top dressings with blood & bone meal azomite and such this round to see the difference from feeding via all teas like i usually do i seem to be running into N def all the time, and with the organics it seems like the buds are smaller ,higher quality and flavor, but less weight im thinking it may be due to less readily avalible nutes and the smallish pots im using may not be letting the organics fully express their potential,i may decide to run a few with the bpn 3 part system to see if thats whats going on,it just seems i was getting much bigger buds before with regular nutes, i may have to retool my methods with organics to get them up there again

Keep at it bro, once your close to being dialed in your going to kill it in that bigger tent. Im thinking of getting a cheapo tent to use as a drying room, something big enough to hang my drying racks and a fan?

Keep at it bro, once your close to being dialed in your going to kill it in that bigger tent. Im thinking of getting a cheapo tent to use as a drying room, something big enough to hang my drying racks and a fan?

why a tent? cheaper would be black plastic and a staple gun. :winkyface:
If all your other plants are in tents, why not just dry in the room outside the tents?
I'm just drying in my basement outside the flowering room. It's dark unless I'm down there. :)

ok picture time heres raw pics i am not up to editing im in sick town till friday, some of u know what im talking bout, im a cronic pain patient,ok heres the shots from yesterday no wait day before
20130411_105954.jpg
20130411_105843.jpg
20130411_105836.jpg
20130411_105825.jpg
20130411_105807.jpg
20130411_105757.jpg
20130411_105750.jpg
20130411_105740.jpg
20130404_012323.jpg
20130411_115134.jpg
20130411_115145.jpg
20130411_114906.jpg
20130411_115108.jpg
20130411_115045.jpg
20130411_115014.jpg
20130411_114940.jpg
20130411_114932.jpg
20130411_114842.jpg

Hey BID, nice! I noticed you have a Sour Diesel going. I am gonna say that the three I have going (two in the tent and one outside) seem to be BUD factories:cheesygrinsmiley: Was thinking about taking them out for some pictures in the next day or so when lights come on. BTW the Cool Tubes are doing a great job of keeping temps down in the tent. When I saw you using them I knew I had to try them my friend...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Right now the SD look like cotton balls and where I took off shade leaves they look like crystal covered little buds. I pruned it too much before I realized I should basically let them do their thing. I did LST and Supercrop the heck out of them also:cheesygrinsmiley:I've noticed a speed up in the bud development since I added the MH fixture...basically what you have in your tent, but smaller watts:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom