Boomer444's Indoor and Outdoor Experiments

Re: Hozona's Indoor and Outdoor Experiments

Another micro shot of "sucker buds" of my outdoor clone on the left. As I said before, this stuff is....:tokin:
Micro_71.jpg

:thumb:

Had to do a 5 day close-up of my storm damaged 4th gen clones and the 5th gen in early bloom.
After_Storm11.JPG

Left side close-up:
Bud_close-up21.JPG

Right side close-up:
Bud_on_R_side_plant2.JPG

And looking down on 5th gen...I see another great LST candidate...let mature, harvest, reveg, and then LST and clone...
Clone_outside_bud2.JPG

:yummy:

looking great buddy! pretty flowers! i wish you lived closer so i could come give you some clones and bid beans! *wink* and i could get some cuts from you, love to see you grow out some of my Himalaya blue diesel autos or k-roc or tt-kush lol
Have some coming from a friend..should be here some time soon. And I am not adverse to a roadtrip in the future after I get my brother stabilized....:yahoo:

be careful about talking mail order beans, we are not allowed to discuss the process as its is technically illegal to mail beans even to a legal state such as ours, talking genetics ,who, pretty much everything is ok except the actual details, i goofed and got in trouble once i mentioned shipping times arrival dates oops i had forgotten that part of the rules, just a friendly heads up,, as i understand herbies is quite good, i use castle they have the best prices i have seen, we should hang out sometime for sure talk shop "exchange" gardening tips etc (wink):thumb:

be careful about talking mail order beans, we are not allowed to discuss the process as its is technically illegal to mail beans even to a legal state such as ours, talking genetics ,who, pretty much everything is ok except the actual details, i goofed and got in trouble once i mentioned shipping times arrival dates oops i had forgotten that part of the rules, just a friendly heads up,, as i understand herbies is quite good, i use castle they have the best prices i have seen, we should hang out sometime for sure talk shop "exchange" gardening tips etc (wink):thumb:
Thanks for the heads up!:thumb:

Well after closer inspection I decided the two outside clones had to come down...you were right, Relaxed Lee. Here's the micro:
Micro11.jpg

Here are the products of the first trim of Left plant..had someone come over in the middle of the right plant trimming, so no photos of that plant:
First_trim.JPG

Here is a comparison shot:
Comparison_photo.JPG

Here are all my tops trimmed and ready to hang
Tops6.JPG

And here is my biggest bud 42.9g wet
43g.JPG

All in all not bad for 1 small plant :slide:

Very nice, seems early for that one ...?

Very nice, seems early for that one ...?
Just used the guidelines of a few clear, mostly cloudy, some amber for the trichomes...Am I wrong? Plus the total body high I need for my arthritus seemed to be delivered by the bottom buds I harvested a week ago, so after a slow dry and cure I hope that the high from the tops is even more so. It is because Relaxed Lee's post kinda made me take another look at the trichs this morning and what I saw was in line with some of the info I read here. Is this wrong or is it always a judgement call?:scratchinghead:

Hope you get a good answer. I have the same question!
Found this in a post dealing with trichomes it reads:
When you cut small buds from your plant to test them, you want to concentrate on the stalked glandular trichomes. The coloration of the gland heads can vary with different strains and maturity, but most start with clear or slightly amber heads that gradually become cloudy or opaque when THC levels have peaked and are beginning to degrade. Regardless of the initial color of the trichomes, with careful observation you should be able to see a change in coloration as maturity levels off. Some cultivators wait for about half of the trichomes to go opaque before harvesting to ensure maximum THC levels in the finished product. However, you will also want to try samples at various stages to see what is best for you. While you may be increasing the total THC level in the cannabis by allowing half of the glands to go opaque, there will also be a larger percentage of CBN, which is why some people choose to harvest earlier while most of the trichomes are still clear.
The answer? I think I was following this guideline...:reading420magazine:

with different strains its different, when a breeder describes a high in general they are talking about the point in time when the glandular trichome is at the state you have chopped many growers want the thc at its peak, but in some strains the better high can be had if you wait for true ripeness, however it is a preference cbd is the body effect many med users are looking for, cbd and thc work in tandem i feel its best to sample starting at 3/4 of the predicted flowertime, you may find you like the effect best a week early or a week late, its all just guidlines, i hope this helps a lil guys

with different strains its different, when a breeder describes a high in general they are talking about the point in time when the glandular trichome is at the state you have chopped many growers want the thc at its peak, but in some strains the better high can be had if you wait for true ripeness, however it is a preference cbd is the body effect many med users are looking for, cbd and thc work in tandem i feel its best to sample starting at 3/4 of the predicted flowertime, you may find you like the effect best a week early or a week late, its all just guidlines, i hope this helps a lil guys

It does thanks for the info!

Just used the guidelines of a few clear, mostly cloudy, some amber for the trichomes...Am I wrong? Plus the total body high I need for my arthritus seemed to be delivered by the bottom buds I harvested a week ago, so after a slow dry and cure I hope that the high from the tops is even more so. It is because Relaxed Lee's post kinda made me take another look at the trichs this morning and what I saw was in line with some of the info I read here. Is this wrong or is it always a judgement call?:scratchinghead:

Its always your call. It depends on what effects you want from your flowers. Clear to foggy = Head High with some body depending on strain and genetics but amber crystals are more of a cerebral high with a lot of body high. Take it until 40% amber 60% cloudy with mostly red pistils... Just a suggestion :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom