Brother's - Afghani x Skunk #1 - Indoor Soil - 600W HPS - 4x4 Tent

looking great,, i think the minor wrinkles, especially on the first sets of leaves, is perfectly normal.. least i hope so , cuz mine are wrinkly too on all my plants, first set for sure.. i think you are in great shape bro,, cheers, niv

Hey brotha subbed my ladies r about 2 weeks ahead of yours.....I had some leave curl as well although I believe mine was from feeding to early.

welcome aboard NematodeNate :cheer: i hope you enjoy the ride mate glad to have you with us :love:

looking great,, i think the minor wrinkles, especially on the first sets of leaves, is perfectly normal.. least i hope so , cuz mine are wrinkly too on all my plants, first set for sure.. i think you are in great shape bro,, cheers, niv

nivek! cheers mate :circle-of-love: thanks for droppin' by, i saw your girls aswell they lookin real pretty :bravo:

B A R is in da houuuuse, comin' at'chu with the daily update :tommy: much love :circle-of-love:

Day 13
had to actually look some posts back to find the actual day cause too medicated :rofl:

Feeding Day:

Tent Shat

IMG_111831.JPG

Not so troubled anymore child

IMG_111728.JPG

Group Shat

IMG_111924.JPG

They look a little bit pinched up, i guess that could be because i was really pushing their soil to dry out after i took care of that algae and didn't wanna water too soon in the off chance that i could rekindle it back. We'll see how that turns out...

overall they look great, keepin' out of trouble being good girls for now. :love:

i told you guys that i'd pH the runoff some days ago to figure out that weird burn and some things that didn't agree with me on the start. Turns out my runoff is exactly 6.2, not bad :laughtwo:

that was your daily update with much love and peace from an undisclosed location somewhere in europe, weather still shit but that's life i guess :slide:

:thanks: for dropping by, keep medicating :circle-of-love:

They are looking healthy and stout! Some weird leaf coloration and formations are typical while they settle in.
I could certainly be wrong, but I think that your wavy first set of leafs, is due to the early leafs vectoring toward the light, and then getting stuck like that. They bend toward the light while in the process of growing, and then can't unbend. The checking at the corners of the serrations, I just chalk up to the same - they are new leafs - they will flatten out. I had this happen several times, and so I slurry tested my soil, to make sure it wasn't twisting due to pH. Now I don't worry about it.

Good vibes and green dreams my friend :cheer::Namaste:

med, med, pass :passitleft:

:thanks: for dropping by friends, your support means a lot to me.

Care, you're right mate. I think too much about it, probably just their leaves stretching out :laughtwo:

Day 14​

daily shots

Sittin pretty in their room

IMG_112329.JPG

gettin bigger

IMG_112526.JPG

new life between nodes already forming, gonna top them soon (like 4th or 5th)

IMG_112030.JPG

artistic girl posing for 420 friends

IMG_112424.JPG

say cheeeese

IMG_112233.JPG

gonna wait another week to 10 days and then im gonna move them under the sodium light

waiting some new equipment to arrive so things are going to get intresting ;)

Keep medicating :volcano-smiley:

nice healthy green. great job. I wonder what that tiny curl up is all about there. everything has a reason of course, maybe just plain happy is all,, looks like a smile,, cheers

See there, they're already growing out of the wrinkles Brother.

I love them at this stage. Like bright little kids, just growing like Topsy. Looking quite perfect, 420brother. Have you said...are you going to train them someway?
:passitleft:

My Buddha has always had dancing leaves and she's quite hardy and healthy. I think of her as my rave girl. Some plants just have more fun.

:ciao: people and good morning :laughtwo: sorry for the late responds but something happened and i turned into an early bird again, wakin up in the morning with first sunshine and drinking coffee infront of the colourful horizon.

nice healthy green. great job. I wonder what that tiny curl up is all about there. everything has a reason of course, maybe just plain happy is all,, looks like a smile,, cheers

hey cheers mate thanks for poppin in. you are right about the reasons, i was kinda refering to the wrinkles of the new growth but i believe thats just the leaves stretching out. The tiny curls still have my curiosity but these babies have been very close to the light and also they've been on 24/0 since they sprouted so i guess that could be a factor.

Should be an intresting thing to observe over the next weeks ;)

See there, they're already growing out of the wrinkles Brother.

:cheer: :circle-of-love: the FAT indica leaves had to wrinkle so they can stretch out :laughtwo:

I love them at this stage. Like bright little kids, just growing like Topsy. Looking quite perfect, 420brother. Have you said...are you going to train them someway?
:passitleft:

:ciao: Mr. T, thank you for the kind words and for checkin in again. Indeed i am going to train them a lot this season, gonna start topping soon and will control their size with LST through the entire veg. I'm thinking about scrog aswell but i should get off my lazy a** and go over homedepot to get me some equipment so i can build that :laughtwo:

can't wait to start stressing them :yikes:

My Buddha has always had dancing leaves and she's quite hardy and healthy. I think of her as my rave girl. Some plants just have more fun.

:laughtwo: haha thats funny Sue, yeah girls be havin some fun lately i guess :circle-of-love:

Hey brothers and sisters!

i'm sorry for missing a day, it was kinda crazy these days here in Greece. Everyone was putting on a costum and running up and down the streets cosplaying fictional and non-fictional characters of our lives, kind of a crazy tradition.

anyway i woke up early so i thought why not update early. I feel kinda stupid tho cause i woke up with an alarm clock to go shopping in the morning and i totally forgot that everything is closed today :clap:

coming at you with the update, these ladies have been sitting pretty.

Day 16

cotyledons almost off, will start feeding soon enough and move them to the next room

IMG_112922.JPG

IMG_112825.JPG

i wasnt quite happy with my RH as those girls were growing up but turns out that having a plant in a close room really helps the humidity rise up, was surprised by the percentage of increased humidity in the room. I like it better this way :slide:

that's 75 Fahrenheit

IMG_112733.JPG

IMG_113020.JPG

this is my first time growing Skunk genetics, i must say that im pleasantly surprised with everything so far.

when i go in the tent i think i already smell a skunky-earthy odor coming from them, might just be my mind playing tricks on me cause i guess its too soon but i'd swear something is there.

So glad that i finally got down with it, can't wait to see what they smell like in late flower :yummy:

:circle-of-love: Keep medicating folks, :peace: N' :love:

Ah, THAT'S why everything is closed today. It was barmy in the village yesterday too. Johnny Greek really loves a festival, doesn't he?

If you think you're smelling skunk, I think you're smelling skunk. :thumb:

Looking so fresh and green. :goodjob:
:circle-of-love:

McD's

Ah, THAT'S why everything is closed today. It was barmy in the village yesterday too. Johnny Greek really loves a festival, doesn't he?

yeah i guess he does Mr.T :laughtwo:, what a crazy weekend it was :circle-of-love:

all you can eat brother :hookah:

Nice journal man. I'm late but I'm sub'd

:ciao: Dutty, not late at all mate. Welcome aboard i hope you enjoy what you see :cheer:

Going through some equipment fellas so todays update will run late. It really sucks when you have to get missing equipment that you should have already beforehand, need a new glass for my reflector to replace the unfortunately broken one and a fan also broke down so ill be replacing that aswell. Lets hope these things get here before i really need them.

Loving your grow and journal Brother. Nice stacked ladies - super nice!! :love:
I was just checking out your latest pics, and I know you are into the details - so I'll post this, where I normally wouldn't, as it's so minor. If you look at the raised edges/serrations on the older leafs, they are only present where the vanes of the leaf are asymmetrically centered on the main rib. That looks genetic to me. It's like they didn't know how to make leafs yet, and now they know, and are growing past it. I still think the first node leafs are wavy due to light, but might try to confirm that in my next run of seed. Hope you get your gear lined up, but if not, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make it work. :circle-of-love:

Great observation CareStaker

Loving your grow and journal Brother. Nice stacked ladies - super nice!! :love:
I was just checking out your latest pics, and I know you are into the details - so I'll post this, where I normally wouldn't, as it's so minor. If you look at the raised edges/serrations on the older leafs, they are only present where the vanes of the leaf are asymmetrically centered on the main rib. That looks genetic to me. It's like they didn't know how to make leafs yet, and now they know, and are growing past it. I still think the first node leafs are wavy due to light, but might try to confirm that in my next run of seed. Hope you get your gear lined up, but if not, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make it work. :circle-of-love:

oh my god, that was a great observation indeed care :bravo: you are absolutely right, its like they got lost cause the veins never reached them to give the information on how to grow, so not knowing what to do they did what every plant would do, stretch for light.

it makes so much sense now, thank you so much :circle-of-love: that made my day!

i also want to apologize for skipping yesterday's update, i know i said that i'd update late cause i had to run into town and stuff, but when i came back i also got too medicated to operate any type of light or heavy machinery including but not limited to digital cameras and computer devices :rofl:

so anyway i'll be coming at you with the daily update, i've kinda bricked into a wall right now. I'm now how i would wanna be, meaning that trouble has find me again so no choice whatsoever but to wait for the new equipment to replace the broken one. It's unfortunate that they sent it today cause there is virtually no way that it gets here before friday, and in the weekend i know it just impossible for me to get it, so im hoping for monday to be the day of the truth but honestly i really doubt it.

Day 18​

in this pic you san see a bit of their final home in the upper right corner, gonna move them into 8gal smart pots when they get there.

IMG_113826.JPG

they be gettin big

IMG_113525.JPG

infact maybe too big for me to handle with such small light, the lumen output and wattage power is there but it's size is just inconvinient.

look at this "accidental" LST that they got due to light angle, something that's impossible to fix right now and basically some of them are going to do that until they move

IMG_114020.JPG

i'll just keep changing their position with each other for now so they straighten back up, i think that should do the trick for now. Only few days left to go!

IMG_113132.JPG

whatever happens i know they'll just bounce right back so im not worried in anyway, for now i just observe their progress and trying to figure out everything that's going on. It is what it is and people are growing without the equipment they'd like to do so, doesnt mean we cant get a good kick out of it right.

i hope observing the growing progress of those girls with me keeps you entertained :circle-of-love:

:peace: N :love: Keep medicating people :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom