Brother's - Afghani x Skunk #1 - Indoor Soil - 600W HPS - 4x4 Tent

This was the plan I was hoping to try when I get a larger grow space established. With my autos I found they did better under a diminishing light schedule from about week six or so on. Should I expect the photos to veg enough as it begins to diminish from 18/6 to 12/12? I'd be doing an hour decrease a week from week 6 to week 12, by which point the autos should be done. I started growing with autos, so I'm coming at this backwards from many others.

:ciao: Sue

in my understanding, autos can finish under 18/6, correct?

if so, my plan was to just let the fluxing girls veg for as long as it takes for the autos to finish, which should be approximately 8 to 9 weeks. Conveniently enough that's about the same time fluxing photo girls should take to fill the 10 gallon pots with roots, at which point the lights will switch to flower the fluxing plants and i harvest the autos.

maybe an hour decrease would be better, certainly would be more natural. im just not sure what happens to autos when you start giving them less than 16 hours of light :laughtwo:

if anyone familiar with the issue can shine some light about that, it'd be great :cool:

:ciao: Sue

in my understanding, autos can finish under 18/6, correct?

if so, my plan was to just let the fluxing girls veg for as long as it takes for the autos to finish, which should be approximately 8 to 9 weeks. Conveniently enough that's about the same time fluxing photo girls should take to fill the 10 gallon pots with roots, at which point the lights will switch to flower the fluxing plants and i harvest the autos.

maybe an hour decrease would be better, certainly would be more natural. im just not sure what happens to autos when you start giving them less than 16 hours of light :laughtwo:

if anyone familiar with the issue can shine some light about that, it'd be great :cool:

Yes Autoflowering plants work on their own internal timeline. They will finish when they finish regardless of their light schedule... which makes them very easy to grow if you already have Photoperiod plants going, cause it doesn't matter.

Currently in my Auto journal I have 3 going, I keep them under 18/6 (333watts of CFL) for the first three weeks of their life. Then when I see Pre-Flowers I move them too my Flower Tent, which is set up at 12/12 (380 true watts of LED). They seem too love it. The farthest one along looks really healthy. You can check em out if you want in my Third Soil Journal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

On another note, most Flux journals I see, the Vegetative stage lasts about 100-120 days, so that the plant has time to grow 16-20 strong terminal shoots. Obviously the less terminal shoots the less Veg time, but from what I have read it is VERY important to let each shoot become strong.

Your plan should work perfectly 420brother. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Also your ladies are looking wonderful, stretch is in effect!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

This was the plan I was hoping to try when I get a larger grow space established. With my autos I found they did better under a diminishing light schedule from about week six or so on. Should I expect the photos to veg enough as it begins to diminish from 18/6 to 12/12? I'd be doing an hour decrease a week from week 6 to week 12, by which point the autos should be done. I started growing with autos, so I'm coming at this backwards from many others.

If I understand what you're asking correctly, yes the Photoperiod plants should have enough time to continue growing while on a diminishing light schedule. However they will probably start to flower 3-4 weeks in, as the light change is pretty representative of seasonal changes in nature...

However, if you're asking if your Photoperiod plants will have enough time to Veg from seed in those 6 weeks of diminishing light, I don't think so. I would start them at the same time or a week before you start your autos, that would prove to be a lush and plentiful garden Sue... then take into account the quality medicine you and your soil produce.. good lord :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hope this info helped, I know I'm not one of the most well known and respected growers around here but I can assure you I've done my fair share of research :cheesygrinsmiley:

:ciao: Max, thanks for clearing that up for us. The info has helped a lot and its very much appreciated brother:high-five:

i'll make sure to check out your auto journal to get some ideas from that aswell :)

Hope this info helped, I know I'm not one of the most well known and respected growers around here but I can assure you I've done my fair share of research :cheesygrinsmiley:

nonsense. You are a well known and respected grower buddy, glad to have you here :circle-of-love:

If I understand what you're asking correctly, yes the Photoperiod plants should have enough time to continue growing while on a diminishing light schedule. However they will probably start to flower 3-4 weeks in, as the light change is pretty representative of seasonal changes in nature...

However, if you're asking if your Photoperiod plants will have enough time to Veg from seed in those 6 weeks of diminishing light, I don't think so. I would start them at the same time or a week before you start your autos, that would prove to be a lush and plentiful garden Sue... then take into account the quality medicine you and your soil produce.. good lord :cheesygrinsmiley:

First off, brother, yes, many growers keep their autos under 18/6 the whole way. I just found, as have many other growers, that beginning about midway through the lifespan many autos respond positively to a diminishing light schedule.

So if I understand you correctly MaxYields, I could begin my photos a week or two ahead, drop the autos and run the whole setup on 18/6 for about six weeks and then begin my diminishing light schedule until I reach 12/12. Somewhere in there both autos would be harvested, leaving the space free for the flowering autos. Yes, I think that's a sound plan. It's a very efficient use of the space. Hopefully I'll be ready for a trial run like that around June or July. Getting the box built and equipped is the big challenge now.

i myself was under the impression that autos need a light dominant cycle to finish but turns out i was wrong and they thrive in pretty much any light schedule.
best of luck with your project Sue, i can't wait to see that in action :thumb:

i'll start the new grow as soon as my ladies are finished and chopped down.

still have to decide on what auto-strain to grow, alltho i'm circling around hazes a lot
maybe ill give it a shot and go for some amnesia unless i stumble across something more intresting:high-five:

:ciao: friends, today was water day again so i thought id snap a couple of shots for ya lovely fellas.

they been asking for water more frequently as expected, this was second feeding same week, ofc i didn't blast them with any nutrients cause they had their juice like 3 days ago but next watering ill definitely go full strength on them since they responded well on the 50% blast :high-five:

Day 35 (Day 5 of flower)

IMG_120224.JPG
IMG_119215.JPG
IMG_120523.JPG

honestly, i never thought havin' a journal could be this much fun. I gotta say, i was skeptical at the beginning cause you know .. illegal grow in a country where it's not forgiving about such things, But i must admit i'm having a blast.

entertaining some of you lovely folks, giving information to new growers starting out full of curiosity about this lovely plant, and don't forget that a journal is also a personal calendar which i would have to keep if i didnt start a journal. It's so easy to go back on posts and check out when i water them or what day am i in, i can medicate and forget all about it and then one little browse and all it's back :rofl:

i couldn't have done it without you and it means the world to me that you're here, i appreciate every single one of you and hope you get what you wish for.

well, i guess that's it for today.

:peace: N' :love: keep medicating :smokin:

I know just what you mean. I knew I would need to document the grow no matter what, so why not start a journal? Now I have virtual friends all over the world. It's been the most fun ever.

When your journal gets over 100 pages though, it's harder to go back and "browse" through. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Hello Brother. Is there anything particular you're doing to keep her nodes so tight or is that just her natural structure?

I know just what you mean. I knew I would need to document the grow no matter what, so why not start a journal? Now I have virtual friends all over the world. It's been the most fun ever.

When your journal gets over 100 pages though, it's harder to go back and "browse" through. :laughtwo::green_heart:

i knew you'd get me Sue :love: thanks for dropping by like usual, always good to see you here :circle-of-love:

Hello Brother. Is there anything particular you're doing to keep her nodes so tight or is that just her natural structure?

Reg hey brother nice to see you feeling better :high-five:

i'm not really sure, i try to keep the light as close as i can at all times which can be a pain in the ass cause i usually have to adjust it daily along with all other things like maintain moisture and temperature in the grow space, but nothing else really. Could just be her natural posture :hmmmm:

:thanks:

cheers brother tuga thanks for the sub :high-five:

i hope you enjoy the ride :welcome:

day 5 of flower or day 5 since you flipped to 12/12? just curious how you are measuring your flower period. lookin great bro,, nice green green, only 80 more days of flowering to go, haha, maybe not that many but, hey, maybe more sometimes,, cheers bro

:goodjob:

Cheers brother nivek :thanks: for the kind words

well, the 5 days of flower in my head means day 5 after the 24 hours dark period.

yeah 80 days seems about right cause mostly indica, mid to late May those girls should get chopped.

getting excited for the next grow so kinda can't wait. :slide:

cool bro,, just curious,, the consensus around here,, not a law or anything for sure,, should be maybe eh? the consensus around here is that the count for flower time does not begin until the first pistols are seen 'after' the switch to 12/12,, 6 to 10 days later after the switch the pistols start showing.

like i said, not a law but it lessens the confusion if we are all on the same page. just a thought,, not a law,, cheers bro

cheers brother thanks for letting me know, i had no idea honestly, i always thought that the count starts on the switch.

I guess that makes them 5 days after the switch :Namaste:

Cheers brother nivek :thanks: for the kind words

well, the 5 days of flower in my head means day 5 after the 24 hours dark period.

yeah 80 days seems about right cause mostly indica, mid to late May those girls should get chopped.

getting excited for the next grow so kinda can't wait. :slide:

So what's getting you all excited for next grow?

Can you start in a second grow area? (Or are you waiting for outdoors?)

So what's getting you all excited for next grow?

Can you start in a second grow area? (Or are you waiting for outdoors?)

no. i wish i could do some outdoors man, im stuck inside for now until i find a sweet spot around here that sees no action

but then again, stealth outdoors is the most common reason growers get busted so not really sure about that either.

im excited about the strain selection mostly, gonna do haze and get into sativas a bit more

also, ill be doing autos and photos at the same time, first time doing autos ... that should be kind of fun.
so many strains and so little time to do them all, one at a time i guess slow and steady :Namaste:
cheers brother thanks for dropping by :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom