Bruce Banner Marries A Watermelon - SIP Grow

Day 16 - Day 6 of Veg:

It is looking like it is almost time to top the watermelon or at least by this weekend so I can get access to the internode between nodes 5 and 6.

The same goes with the WG even though she short and stout she is growing out her 5th node now and I expect by Sunday at the latest I should be able to get a clean cut in there.

Banner is also starting on her 5th node but she is looking more like a mini hulk at this point. She looks healthy just not as far along as her sisters. I will take a look at her as far as topping goes this weekend as well to see if she is ready.

No humidifier help a tad and they all but emptied their reservoirs. So filled them back up to about half full or so with 3g/gal and will make the jump to 4g/gal on the next feeding.

Day 17 and Day 7 of veg:

Quick update here. Woke up and the reservoirs were all but empty. So filled the WG and Watermelon to full and the Banner is about 3/4 full. All with 3.5g/gal. These plants are still sipn’!

My controller and new exhaust fan gets here today so that will be fun to play around with on this grow as well.

Day 18 and Day 8 of veg:

I am thinking it is time to do a little defoliation, especially on this watermelon as it has big ass fan leaves on it.

Also the WG is super bushy and the nodes are really tight. I might do a little trim there too.

I am thinking I defoliate this weekend and then top next weekend so all 3 plants get topped at the same time.

Thoughts?

Day 17 and Day 7 of veg:

Quick update here. Woke up and the reservoirs were all but empty. So filled the WG and Watermelon to full and the Banner is about 3/4 full. All with 3.5g/gal. These plants are still sipn’!

My controller and new exhaust fan gets here today so that will be fun to play around with on this grow as

Day 18 and Day 8 of veg:

I am thinking it is time to do a little defoliation, especially on this watermelon as it has big ass fan leaves on it.

Also the WG is super bushy and the nodes are really tight. I might do a little trim there too.

I am thinking I defoliate this weekend and then top next weekend so all 3 plants get topped at the same time.

Thoughts?

WOW....... Those SIPs containers are doing the ladies right!

Day 18 and Day 8 of veg:

Thoughts?

To early for defoilate IMO. You can remove the first set of leaves touching the soil that may cause a problem later on but the other is used by the plant to photosynthesize and grow. By removing them you're hindering growth, not promoting it.

The lower part won't grow faster because it get more light. The plant uses over all leaf coverage to grow and is very good at transporting resources where it's needed.

Hope that make sense!

Cheers!

To early for defoilate IMO. You can remove the first set of leaves touching the soil that may cause a problem later on but the other is used by the plant to photosynthesize and grow. By removing them you're hindering growth, not promoting it.

The lower part won't grow faster because it get more light. The plant uses over all leaf coverage to grow and is very good at transporting resources where it's needed.

Hope that make sense!

Cheers!
Makes total sense. I’m going to let them ride for now and keep an eye on when to top. I assumed they all would be ready by today or tomorrow but not looking like it. Will just take that daily and see how it goes.

On another note they are still SIPn’! Filled them yesterday and today they are at about 50%

Loving the SIP so far!

Day 19 and Day 9 of veg:

So I am updating this a lot more than I had originally anticipated. However, they are progressing so quickly and I want to make sure I am getting as much info about this grow as I can since it’s my first SIP.

And they are still SIPn’! Watermelon was topped and everyone had their reservoirs filled with 4g/gal of the MC.

Will watch the Banner and WG, they should be ready to top by Wednesday or Thursday.

These @RoyalQueenSeeds are doing awesome so far!

EDIT: WG was topped today as well.

Wastei makes a good point. I'm reading they store K in veg to use in flower, wish I could source that, anyway, strategically saving leaves is a game I play. Makes for a lot of leaf bending until after stretch. Then if buds can't see light from moving leaves around they go.
They really look happy as it gets!

Wastei makes a good point. I'm reading they store K in veg to use in flower, wish I could source that, anyway, strategically saving leaves is a game I play. Makes for a lot of leaf bending until after stretch. Then if buds can't see light from moving leaves around they go.
They really look happy as it gets!
Yeah I’m just going to let them keep going. That was one of the mistakes I think I made on my last grow was over doing the defoliation and constantly cutting leaves off.

Back
Top Bottom