Bud Washing

Wouldnt you rather grow a frosty lemony strain and try to improve the quantity and quality of the terps you will get?
Real Chocolate or Chocolate flavored? Real Bourbon Vanilla or Vanillin?
Champagne or Sparkling Wine?
:Namaste:

I grow Chocolate Mint next to my seedlings. So far, they have not even been on a date, much less started crossbreeding ! :rofl: :rofl:

I grow Chocolate Mint next to my seedlings. So far, they have not even been on a date, much less started crossbreeding ! :rofl: :rofl:

Lol. Are you playing the right music?

Ok I have read as much as I can bare and cannot find my answer. So my apologies if it's been answered. My question is, you guys all say lemon juice. Are you using the pre-made lemon juice or are you actually squeezing your lemons? The consensus the i've gathered is you guys are using the pre-made 100% lemon juice. Anyhow, I've also watched a lot of people doing the rinse with only h202 solution as opposed to Doc Bud's technique, with lemon $ baking soda. I'm curious which is more effective and/or affective to the well-being of my ladies. I'll be harvesting vedy soon.

"Pre-made" lemon juice has preservatives which are also beneficial for our purposes, so that sorta tips the balance with all the other reasons. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've had occasional powery mildew and haven't used H202 - just the lemon/soda mix - and had no trouble later with mold in the jars. H2O2 makes me nervous, but if you're careful it can be very useful.

Ok I have read as much as I can bare and cannot find my answer. So my apologies if it's been answered. My question is, you guys all say lemon juice. Are you using the pre-made lemon juice or are you actually squeezing your lemons? The consensus the i've gathered is you guys are using the pre-made 100% lemon juice. Anyhow, I've also watched a lot of people doing the rinse with only h202 solution as opposed to Doc Bud's technique, with lemon $ baking soda. I'm curious which is more effective and/or affective to the well-being of my ladies. I'll be harvesting vedy soon.

Squeezing lemons? :)

I am using the supermarket pre-made lemon juice in the (lemon shaped) plastic bottle, the same I use for my tea. I am just looking at the ingredients, it is 99,96% lemon juice and 0,04% Antioxidant E224. This is a food additive and certainly not toxic. So or so, you'd wash the stuff off anyway with the last clear rinses.

H202, to my understanding is ONLY when you want to get rid of powdery mildew. There is no point adding H202 for a normal bud wash, IMHO.

(Seriously, when I wash buds, I don't overthink this. I dump a small can of baking soda in a 10L bucket, a lemon juice bottle, stir, that's it.)

I like to reread this thread when it comes to harvest time and see if there is any updates to methods. I just went back to Docs original post and there is one thing I don't do that I have not seen talked about (I didn't read all of this thread) that I have a question about.

Doc states to have a light on for the first 2 days of drying to let photosynthesis continue. Well I have always gone the opposite direction and dried and cured in a cool dark place.

So my question is are others putting light on it the first few days of drying? Also if this is a good idea is it enough to use low intensity light like a mars 300 at a largish distance?

I don't want it to get hot or degrade any of the goodness I just built up over the long night before harvest...

Either way off to the garage I go for a few hours of bud washing.

:peace:

I like to reread this thread when it comes to harvest time and see if there is any updates to methods. I just went back to Docs original post and there is one thing I don't do that I have not seen talked about (I didn't read all of this thread) that I have a question about.

Doc states to have a light on for the first 2 days of drying to let photosynthesis continue. Well I have always gone the opposite direction and dried and cured in a cool dark place.

So my question is are others putting light on it the first few days of drying? Also if this is a good idea is it enough to use low intensity light like a mars 300 at a largish distance?

I don't want it to get hot or degrade any of the goodness I just built up over the long night before harvest...

Either way off to the garage I go for a few hours of bud washing.

:peace:

village, ask your question too here if you like..
Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

:)

I have read to hang it in the light for the first few days as well. Something about letting the photosynthesis progress and the plant will use up the chlorophyll. I won't pretend to be a scientist. I mentioned this whole bud washing concept to the guy down at my local grow shop and he was more or less a total ass hole about it acting like he knew everything. Told me to never try that and all the guys laughed at me lol.. I still want to try it. I'm gonna try it with some plant matter and leave some alone and have my friends do a blind taste test and see if they notice a difference

I have read to hang it in the light for the first few days as well. Something about letting the photosynthesis progress and the plant will use up the chlorophyll. I won't pretend to be a scientist. I mentioned this whole bud washing concept to the guy down at my local grow shop and he was more or less a total ass hole about it acting like he knew everything. Told me to never try that and all the guys laughed at me lol.. I still want to try it. I'm gonna try it with some plant matter and leave some alone and have my friends do a blind taste test and see if they notice a difference

I like assholes best when they're ignorant. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your friends will notice. :blunt:

People laugh at every great new idea. That's because they are sheep. People laughed at a round earth, relativity, cannabis as medicine, organic produce, you name it people have laughed at it.

The more I know the more I realize I know nothing. If I laugh at things just because the idea is new it's like a giant sign saying I am ignorant.

Oh and back on topic I dry in the flowering room off to the side for dim light from the grow lights. I turn the hangers each day for even coverage.

The "guys" at the local grow shop who laugh at this are total idiots. Guaranteed.

Your friends will instantly pick out the washed bud.

Great, informative thread. Thanks to all who have tried it and contributed their findings. I will be doing this. I'd always take the advice of you guys and gals on here as opposed to my grow shop. I've seen your results. All I've seen at my hydrostore is some lettuce and tomatoes they have set up as a demo.

lol not sure. If they do im sure they wash it first. Thise guys at the shop are all super nice but they are salesmen. They always want to sell me things i dont need. Which is why i will always come to these forums with my questions. No one has tried to sell me anything, yet. Lol

lol not sure. If they do im sure they wash it first. Thise guys at the shop are all super nice but they are salesmen. They always want to sell me things i dont need. Which is why i will always come to these forums with my questions. No one has tried to sell me anything, yet. Lol

I once added up the claims on about a half dozen bottle of a famous nutrient line: Increases yield 20%. Increases yield 30%! Increases yield 15-25%! You know.....

I figured I should be getting 6-7 ounces per plant after reading about the awesome results from BudFactor X.....but alas....

"If we don't have it in the store, we can order it for you!"

Because I don't have the aptitude to order things over the internet the way they do...

Back
Top Bottom