Can We Stop Calling Cannabis A Weed? Please?

J Obadiah

I just wanted to take a second to clear this up, because it's maddening.

CANNABIS IS NOT A WEED. HERE'S WHY:

The term "weed" defined by Oxford: "A wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants.

Moreover, a weed is something that has no value to the cultivator.

Cannabis is one of the most valuable cash crops in the world, wherever she grows; even without high THC levels, it's still extremely valuable as a commodity, Hemp!

That's why we should stop saying it's a weed.

Cheers

Obs

True story.

The neighbour was complaining about the smell of weed up 'n' down the road one day.

I replied back, I have not weeded the back garden in ages :slide:

The term "weed" defined by Oxford: "A wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants.

Cannabis is one of the most valuable cash crops in the world, wherever she grows; even without high THC levels, it's still extremely valuable as a commodity, Hemp!

Cheers

Obs
Hi Obs... actually, there is another definition that does classify our medicine as a weed. Our plant is an aggressive predator and has two root systems, the top spreader roots being what defines it as a weed. These spreader roots exist in the top 2-3 inches of soil and are there to quickly scoop up all of the water in the morning dew or a light rain, before the "wanted" deep rooting plants around it can get to that water. A field of cannabis will easily choke out a cash crop that might be trying to grow in there with it.

So part of your definition from Oxford does fit... Cannabis would find itself in competition with other cultivated plants, and in many cases it would win. As a natural gardener, I have come to appreciate other "weeds" such as the mighty superaccumulator, the Dandelion. One person's weed is another person's most powerful natural fertilizer. The no value part of your definition maybe needs to be re-examined? I find great value in many "weeds" including our favorite.

I choose to embrace the weed, and know that also means it is a fighter and a survivor. Among the plant kingdom, it is one of the hardiest. In many ways I identify with our little weed, for in the business world, I am also a predator of sorts, having choked out those who could not compete with me in my field, like our plant, with the skills and special talents that I bring to the table. I, like our plant, am driven by a prime directive to win and to complete my mission. I have learned a lot about life from studying this plant (maybe under its influence), and I am proud to call it a weed, seeing no stigma in that term.

:peace: :love: :yummy:

Cheers

Obs
its a flowering herb , Cannabis is a genus of of flowering plants in the family Cannabaceae , so i treat more like a flower than a weed , :peace:

Cannabaceae is a small family of flowering plants. As now circumscribed, the family includes about 170 species grouped in about 11 genera, including Cannabis, Humulus and Celtis.
If they were weeds you wouldn't need skills , just throw a pack of seeds out the door and they will grow in a crack in the pavement without caring for them :laugh:

Phylogenetic_tree_of_cannabis-768x561.jpg

Cannabis is quite a surprising subject & what people come to learn or get impressions off over the vast array of information required to be absorb in the old grey matter before becoming aware of the greater picture !

:green_heart:

its a flowering herb , Cannabis is a genus of of flowering plants in the family Cannabaceae , so i treat more like a flower than a weed , :peace:

Cannabaceae is a small family of flowering plants. As now circumscribed, the family includes about 170 species grouped in about 11 genera, including Cannabis, Humulus and Celtis.
If they were weeds you wouldn't need skills , just throw a pack of seeds out the door and they will grow in a crack in the pavement without caring for them :laugh:

Phylogenetic_tree_of_cannabis-768x561.jpg
You can throw seeds on the ground & grow them. I use to live near a lake with woods in Indiana. I through seeds in the woods not very far from the lake & I'll be damned if those plants didn't grow a good 8' tall with no help from me.
The weed from it sucked though.
Maybe it wasn't the weed. Maybe it was because I didn't have a clue & harvested it too soon. Then I hung the whole plant in the shed (roots & all) to dry. Didn't remove any fan leaves (didn't know you weren't suppose to smoke those) & mixed it all up together & smoked it. I was probably about 15 at the time.

Maybe it wasn't the weed. Maybe it was because I didn't have a clue & harvested it too soon. Then I hung the whole plant in the shed (roots & all) to dry. Didn't remove any fan leaves (didn't know you weren't suppose to smoke those) & mixed it all up together & smoked it. I was probably about 15 at the time.
I did the same thing when I was a kid. Grew it on the deck and cut it down when my mom said she could see it from the road. I didn't have a clue then and the weed really sucked, LOL.

You can throw seeds on the ground & grow them. I use to live near a lake with woods in Indiana. I through seeds in the woods not very far from the lake & I'll be damned if those plants didn't grow a good 8' tall with no help from me.

way back some 50 yrs ago all i did was smoke the leaves didnt know any better .. and got stoned .. couldnt smoke that much today have heart attack or something .. yeah got to be a weed cause people dropped seeds in the back of my car and plants start growing out of carpet after a good rain ..

i smoke this stuff now im a total addict .. need 1/4 lbs of weed a week

I think calling it weed is fine, Cannabis is better. I hate when its called "dope", negative to me. Too many hard drugs called dope. And Marijuana is what po po calls it

Back
Top Bottom