Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

ahhhh......this compay is going to drive me right into a heart attack soon.....

Guess what?? Guess what??? I got a recall to go back to my regular work shift starting on Monday next! :rofl:
So, one week on this third shift...only two nights of it worked so far, and I realize why I never wanted to work the graveyard shift.
I did get sleep today, yesterday didn't go well at all. :laugh:

I just about jumped for joy when the shift supervisor gave me the news.

I'll pop on in a little while to catch up.

:circle-of-love:

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

I didn't have to turn the heat on when I got up....I only had to open the door to the bedroom/flower room. It was 86 degrees in there! :laugh:

:ciao: Hizzy! Good to see you hanging out.
I wish I could get ahold of some of that sea creature DNA, these poly's are a nice treat to watch growing...and supposedly quite potent when finished. Yum Yum's!

Damn, now I'm pondering how to extract plant DNA.....:rofl: The power of a coffee on my brain........

Hope you are well today.

When I leave my last night of 3rd shift, I'm going to celebrate with an early sample of a small Purple Paralysis #1 bud:

Celebration_treat.jpg

Can't wait!!

:cheer:

Hi please check this out
First Time For Personal Use

First Time For Personal Use

HI PoS5, and :welcome:

I'm not sure what you want me to check out on your post, the pictures from "Thebeast27" or your grow? I did check out your grow, you've got some good help over there. Be careful that you don't over water, too often we look at seedlings drooping and assume they need a drink, when we are actually giving them too much and drowning them. (Been there...done that. LOL) And the advice to add some perlite is good too!
They are "leggy" because they are trying to reach light. So, take the advice given on the thread for the lighting situation. That should help a bunch!

Here's the Polyploid bud, which I have named "Polly":

Polly_1.jpg

I am about ready to call the White Widow seeds, and the Bubba Tahoe OG's duds. They will not open not matter what I've done. The only ones that did, showed the black taps and did nothing else. (one of each strain) I have those two in rockwool cubes and will hope for the best.
Everyone else has sprouted. I was considering dropping some more of the White Widow seeds, but right now I just don't have the patience for them.

So, I dropped an AutoFresian Dew into water today. I got the beans Saturday, in addition to some free Blue Treacles. :cheer:

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Photo contest .... enter FTW! Just sayin...

I volunteer for trim duty on Polly... but JUST Polly, your other plants look too big for me... I'm ... well .... lazy and I hate trimming, exceptions will be made! I never... um rarely volunteer for trim duty. Will volunteer for waterboy on occasion. :whoa:

CF yer rockin it.

On the seedling thing.. dropping in soil old school been working for 10K years now...somehow I feel when I pay $10 a seed I need to "help" things along...:geek:

Photo contest .... enter FTW! Just sayin...

I volunteer for trim duty on Polly... but JUST Polly, your other plants look too big for me... I'm ... well .... lazy and I hate trimming, exceptions will be made! I never... um rarely volunteer for trim duty. Will volunteer for waterboy on occasion. :whoa:

CF yer rockin it.

On the seedling thing.. dropping in soil old school been working for 10K years now...somehow I feel when I pay $10 a seed I need to "help" things along...:geek:

:laugh: Thanks for the offer on the trimming. If I break my scissors on it, I"ll be sure to get in touch with you. :laugh:

I have already entered some pics for this months' photo contest. You can't enter more or edit what you have already submitted. So, this one and a few more that I'll take in the next couple weeks will probably go into April's contest. :thumb:

That link someone sent to you about polyploidism and chemical treatment to produce them.

Colchicine is the organic method. Another plant based medicine humans have been using for thousands of years. It's a treatment for Shar-Pei fever for dogs. I have a Shar-Pei and have Colchicine in hand. Not poisonous for humans. Its a treatment for gout and Mediterranean fever in humans.

It works for my buddy... :Namaste:

That link someone sent to you about polyploidism and chemical treatment to produce them.

Colchicine is the organic method. Another plant based medicine humans have been using for thousands of years. It's a treatment for Shar-Pei fever for dogs. I have a Shar-Pei and have Colchicine in hand. Not poisonous for humans. Its a treatment for gout and Mediterranean fever in humans.

It works for my buddy... :Namaste:

I actually looked that up today after reading through DonPauls' post again yesterday. This afternoon I've been reading articles on how to genetically alter seeds. Popular science has an article on it, but I haven't read it yet......quick scan of it...what a process! So interesting.

:thumb:

Glad to hear about the shift roller coaster climbing back out of the GRAVEYARD :rip: shift Enjoy while you can. Take care. Dan :Namaste:

Strange....about 2" out from the main stem, Polly's branch is flat with an indent in the middle of it. The only way I can get you a mental picture is to think of a stalk of celery, only with not as much curvature.
It's not round.

I tried to get some pics of it, but it's too hard to get it right.

Strange....about 2" out from the main stem, Polly's branch is flat with an indent in the middle of it. The only way I can get you a mental picture is to think of a stalk of celery, only with not as much curvature.
It's not round.

I tried to get some pics of it, but it's too hard to get it right.

Is it just that one spot, or does the flat side continue out to the bud?

Is it just that one spot, or does the flat side continue out to the bud?

It continues all the way up to the bud. It is flat before the accidental bend when she first went into flower, and then it is flat all the way into the bud. Really strange....

Canna, congrats on dodging a bullet and getting back on the day shift....who knew that Darkstar would be so quirky.....too funny!

I did a little experiment yesterday morning. I put some water and a few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide in a shot glass and then used a small piece of plastic inserted into it to make two sections. I dropped 5 more White Widow beans in one half and the AutoFresian Dew bean in the other half. The plastic was to be sure I didn't mix up the seeds.

This morning the AutoFresian had about a 1/4" taproot coming out already. The White Widow beans did not crack at all.
The Auto was planted in rockwool this afternoon, and the widow beans were transferred to wet paper towels. They still hadn't cracked open.
Now we wait.....

The other widow beans either didn't open, or had tiny black tap roots that just stopped. I picked a couple of them up in my fingers and they pretty much turned to mush. I did the same with the two Bubba Tahoe OG's, and they were the same thing. Soft and mushy. Blech! So, it isn't my water or my methods.

Darn it. I'm going to dig into my bean stash and find my White Widow beans from my very first grow a few years ago, and try those.

:thumb:

well this is timely, Canna....after harvesting my 12 hermie plants and getting all of those seeds, I need to get 12 plants under those lights asap.....my beloved Grapefruit Krush and ChemDawg91....okay, I will soak for 24 hours in a shot glass...and then grow the tap roots in a wet paper towel on top of my TV dish device...I don't care for rock wool, but have some here so will consult with you about that at a later date....:circle-of-love:

It continues all the way up to the bud. It is flat before the accidental bend when she first went into flower, and then it is flat all the way into the bud. Really strange....

That fits my theory. Extra chromosomes confused the cellular differentiation process just a tiny bit. Cells know how to grow based upon their physical surrounding, but the cells in the branch got a bit confused so instead of forming a circular cross-section, they did a little dance and formed a flattened kidney bean cross section. This wider, flattened cross section 'shaped' all the remaining branch and up into the bud, forming a wider, flattened cross section of the bud. (Maybe even kidney bean shaped.)

It's not a full theory, but it seems to fit the observation :)

That fits my theory. Extra chromosomes confused the cellular differentiation process just a tiny bit. Cells know how to grow based upon their physical surrounding, but the cells in the branch got a bit confused so instead of forming a circular cross-section, they did a little dance and formed a flattened kidney bean cross section. This wider, flattened cross section 'shaped' all the remaining branch and up into the bud, forming a wider, flattened cross section of the bud. (Maybe even kidney bean shaped.)

It's not a full theory, but it seems to fit the observation :)
:love:

Hey Rado, my thoughts exactly :smokin:

:thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::rofl::drool: :love:

verrry interrrrestingggg....

Back
Top Bottom