Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

A OH...you say that's a lil weird eh.....i do that sometimes :tokin:....i love candles...i burn them every day here and when my sweetie comes over there are always lots around ,...here...and there...;)
Ziggs would say TMI and get me laughin so fu...n hard ..he makes my knees buckle...laughter is the cure all..i truly believe it...we don't do enough of it. He would say ..."Duggs,....drifting"....as he continues to tell a 5 min. story 3 days later....LMFAO....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hey 'C', have an awesome day would ya...oh wait...pancakes , my oldest just requested i make him some for supper...he loves my flapjacks! I use whole milk and real eggs...:thumb: Cheers 'C' and friends too:)

Whole milk and real eggs, farm fresh eggs from Momma. No other way to go for me. :)
I don't think the oldest should try this version of blueberry pancakes, if'n he's under age. :laugh:

Have a great day yourself!

I'm heading out to check on the compost pile.

:circle-of-love:

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

9 kids went into solo cups this morning. The roots were attempting a daring escape. These are two of the Black Hyena's:

Black_Hyena_Roots_2.jpg

Black_Hyena_Roots_1.jpg

Now that they are all nestled in the new digs, I'm going to rest up from the activities with them.

:shhh: :sleep:

Canna, when you put your beans in the rock wool where do they sit while you wait for the roots to grow out like that?

Canna, when you put your beans in the rock wool where do they sit while you wait for the roots to grow out like that?

I put the rock wool cubes in the top of a plastic egg carton. Anything with a rim will do. Then they go on top of the water heater in the dark until I see them coming out. They could be placed on the seedling mat too, if you prefer. If there is any excess water in the container, I pour that out. The rock wool should be saturated, but not dripping. Do not squeeze excess out of the rock wool cubes, just let them drain out on their own before planting the seed in there. If you get it too wet, just blot the bottom on layers of paper towel or a clean hand towel.

Once they have sprouted I put them under the small LED light. The light stays about 24" away from the sprouts until their first true leaves are fully opened and growing, then I put them a little closer to the light, no closer than 12" with LED, CFL's can be much much closer, to keep the stretch down. I'm sure everyone does this differently, just what works for me here.

The hopefully seedy Purple P. #1 got to enjoy some sunshine in the window today. I dotted her with silk flowers to camouflage against the nosy neighbor when he goes out the driveway. The trees are still barren, once they are all leafy he won't be able to see that window.

Sun_time.jpg

Had to do a little play on the colors with that bright sunlight shining through while I was there:

color_play.jpg

I'm soaking 12 seeds; an 8 week strain and a 9 week strain and will try your method because I found some rock wool around here....my last 6 seeds came up 0 for 6.....so my method sucks....

Another question.....1/2 my flower room has been harvested; all 13 plants were full of seeds.....there are another 13 plants in there, 3 weeks younger....I started to see seeds form, but sloughed them off the plants.....then, in flower room #2 I have a 2 plants full of seeds....so strange....

My question is this: I will not put any new clones in flower room #1 until everything is harvested....do I need to swab down the room, or will I be back to square 1 when the room is empty and I can start over....I have no clue....

I'm soaking 12 seeds; an 8 week strain and a 9 week strain and will try your method because I found some rock wool around here....my last 6 seeds came up 0 for 6.....so my method sucks....

Another question.....1/2 my flower room has been harvested; all 13 plants were full of seeds.....there are another 13 plants in there, 3 weeks younger....I started to see seeds form, but sloughed them off the plants.....then, in flower room #2 I have a 2 plants full of seeds....so strange....

My question is this: I will not put any new clones in flower room #1 until everything is harvested....do I need to swab down the room, or will I be back to square 1 when the room is empty and I can start over....I have no clue....

Pollen shouldn't stay viable more than a week or so, but just to be safe you don't have to swab everything down, just a good water spritz. That should kill the pollen. Others are welcome to chime in. :)

Here's some of the seedlings today. I have no more than an inch stretch, and less on some of them. They seem to be concentrating on leaf development now.

This is Colombia Gold x Colombia Gold #2

sprouts_11.jpg

These are all Hyena's: Sorry about the unsharp pics, it's a hard area to get the camera into right now.

sprouts_5.jpg

sprouts_4.jpg

sprouts_3.jpg

sprouts_2.jpg

This is AutoFrisian Dew hollering for some light. I will give in. :laugh: Not sure if I want to take her security blanket away yet. (the seed shell at her feet)

auto_frisian_dew_sprout.jpg

So you put the rock wool in the soil as is.....?

So you put the rock wool in the soil as is.....?

Yep, I plant the whole thing into the pot. I was doing this last year, and then stopped using the rock wool cubes because I thought I was out of them. when I cleaned out my grow cupboards downstairs and saw the cubes in there I decided to put them to use again.
Last winter grow I was just planting the tap rooted seeds straight to the soil. Either way, works fine for me. But using the rock wool cubes gives me a lot more room in that shower stall where the seedlings start.

I've also got some lavender and chives going on in there, in rock wool cubes. Will have more varieties of outdoor stuff during the next couple of weeks.

A OH...you say that's a lil weird eh.....i do that sometimes :tokin:....i love candles...i burn them every day here and when my sweetie comes over there are always lots around ,...here...and there...;)
Ziggs would say TMI and get me laughin so fu...n hard ..he makes my knees buckle...laughter is the cure all..i truly believe it...we don't do enough of it. He would say ..."Duggs,....drifting"....as he continues to tell a 5 min. story 3 days later....LMFAO....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hey 'C', have an awesome day would ya...oh wait...pancakes , my oldest just requested i make him some for supper...he loves my flapjacks! I use whole milk and real eggs...:thumb: Cheers 'C' and friends too:)

We burn a few candles here too. This is the downstairs candle shelf after a restock at the mexican grocery yesterday.

20170401_233211.jpg

The bathroom candles shelf is more fru-fru and fragrant :) We had a brilliant jacuzzi jet 2 person bathtub in the last house. The current clawfoot tub with the ceiling paint falling off and a door that likes to pop open is less conducive to luxurious baths. The main bath is still not in the top 3 rooms to rehab, so the the bathroom candles are fairly idle. We'll get there.

yeah, Canna, it's a beautiful day here and we made it through another winter....hip hip hoorah.....! I just went to the store and drove all the way home with an 8 foot post hanging out the passenger window, not a problem....my aunt and uncle coming in for a visit from Cali for a week, so am getting my honey do list together for him.....need to replace the post in the round pen.....it's all good

The sun came out today, despite the weather prediction for overcast. It had been over a week since we saw blue sky.

Yep, I plant the whole thing into the pot. I was doing this last year, and then stopped using the rock wool cubes because I thought I was out of them. when I cleaned out my grow cupboards downstairs and saw the cubes in there I decided to put them to use again.
Last winter grow I was just planting the tap rooted seeds straight to the soil. Either way, works fine for me. But using the rock wool cubes gives me a lot more room in that shower stall where the seedlings start.

I've also got some lavender and chives going on in there, in rock wool cubes. Will have more varieties of outdoor stuff during the next couple of weeks.

I'm hoping to buy lavendar and start some outdoor seeds very soon. Fingers crossed.

Mornin to ya Rad,...ya ..just a few candles ya got there eh! Mexican grocery store?good deals?. How much would one of those tall glass ones go for Rad? Candles are expensive up here and i'm always looking for deals. Cheers bud and have a great Sunday would ya:)

Candles are expensive. Make your own! ;-)
I have an endless supply of tealight candles. Love your cabinet Rad!

Okay, good Sunday morning to all! Question for Hempy growers...

When do you start feeding your seedlings in the hempy pots and at what strength on the nutrients?

:thanks:

Defoliation Experiment White Cookies WC1 and WC2
Update

I have to say at this point I am more impressed with the building of the buds on the non-defoliated White Cookies than the other. Even the bottom buds have caught up to the ones on the defoliated girl. There is a slight difference in the size of the plants, but the biggest difference is in the buds.
Here's some pics:

Defol_comparison_5.jpg

defol_comparison_10.jpg

defol_comparison_7.jpg

defol_comparison_11.jpg

defol_comparison_8.jpg

defol_comparison_9.jpg

defol_comparison_6.jpg

We have a couple of weeks to go yet, White Cookies is a suggested 8 week flowering time, and we are now into week 6-ish.

When these are done and harvested, I will compare weights. That will be the tell all. It does appear there are more buds in numbers on the defoliated WC1, but I haven't counted them. :laugh:

All three Darkstars went into the shower for a nice rainwater spritz. That Darkstar #1 makes those other two look sooooo small. :laugh: They really aren't as small as they appear.

darkstars_4-2-17.jpg

Darkstar #1

darkstar_1_2_4-2-17.jpg

darkstar_1_4-2-17.jpg

Polly today:

polly_6.jpg

polly_5.jpg

Believe it or not, there's about 4 weeks to go on those girls yet.

This critter showed up in the flower room last night. I just know it's not eating trichomes. Surprised it was hanging out on those sticky areas, usually they stay on the leaves that aren't sticky:

Lady_B.jpg

Top of the day to ya 'C', Shawnee, Rad , D, and friends. OK, i feel so good about the results of your little defol. test! This is exactly why my plants always have most of there leaves left on. I only remove big, shade leaves, leave all the rest, very selective pruning. Bud size and overall health is clearly seen to be superior on the 'non defol.' plant and 'Brix' is noticeably higher. Thanks for posting that stuff 'C' ...reps comin!:):high-five:

Top of the day to ya 'C', Shawnee, Rad , D, and friends. OK, i feel so good about the results of your little defol. test! This is exactly why my plants always have most of there leaves left on. I only remove big, shade leaves, leave all the rest, very selective pruning. Bud size and overall health is clearly seen to be superior on the 'non defol.' plant and 'Brix' is noticeably higher. Thanks for posting that stuff 'C' ...reps comin!:):high-five:

I have to agree with you so far Duggan. I only took a couple of leaves off the non defoliated plant, probably 3 or 4 during the grow time. They were clearly blocking light. The defoliated plant received a really heavy defoliation, which I've read over and over again is good for the production. I really am glad I did this test, and fortunate to have the same sister clones, growing conditions, and size of plants to start with.

This tells me to just stick with the minor defoliating from hereon. Again, I won't know the true results until the buds are weighed out, but if looks right now tell the story, I like the WC2 results so far.

If a seed doesn't sink to the bottom of the shot glass after 24 hours of soaking, does that mean anything? Ten seeds have sunk, 2 are still floating....

If a seed doesn't sink to the bottom of the shot glass after 24 hours of soaking, does that mean anything? Ten seeds have sunk, 2 are still floating....

If you get a stubborn floater, just tap it down gently with your finger. They will usually sink then.

Are they cracked? Sometimes it's hard to see, I use my jewelers headset to look at them. My glasses are ten years old or more and not so great. :laugh:

How long would you guys/gals leave a seed in water if it hasn't opened up? Personally, I wouldn't do it for more than a day and a half at the most. I was told if you leave them in there too long they will start to break down.
Just curious on you folks who use the soak then paper towel or straight to soil. What's your maximum soak time? 24 hours and no more?

Hi 'C' , soak seed 24 hrs....place between soaked PT's on little plate, as soon as they split, plant in soil.
Process takes about three days, then plant,...takes about 4-7 days, then ya see em:)
Tired, had the boys this weekend....cheers C and friends.
just planted five Blueberry Twists tonight 'C'...in four one gal pots. They will go right into the 26ers from them.:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom