Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Mornin to ya Rad,...ya ..just a few candles ya got there eh! Mexican grocery store?good deals?. How much would one of those tall glass ones go for Rad? Candles are expensive up here and i'm always looking for deals. Cheers bud and have a great Sunday would ya:)

I usually pay $2 per candle for the 7-day religious themed jar candles.

The candles in flared glasses (like the one with the hand) often don't burn as well at the tall, straight ones.
The white ones in flared glasses burn better than the colored ones.

20170401_233211.jpg

Candles are expensive. Make your own! ;-)
I have an endless supply of tealight candles. Love your cabinet Rad!

Okay, good Sunday morning to all! Question for Hempy growers...

When do you start feeding your seedlings in the hempy pots and at what strength on the nutrients?

:thanks:

That cabinet is a floor to 9 ' ceiling built-in (1896.) 4 drawers and 5 shelves.

Less than an hour after I took that photo my wife moved the candles up to the shelf above (the one with the candy box full of small pipes.) She determined that all of our 420 glass can fit on the lower shelf (with the exception of the 3 bongs over 2' tall.)

Speaking of glass, this new bowl fits both 14 and 18mm pipes, has an integrated glass 'flower' screen, and a long hangle for cool lifting. It is a favorite of the smokers in the house :)

20170402_235806-1.jpg

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

If you get a stubborn floater, just tap it down gently with your finger. They will usually sink then.

Are they cracked? Sometimes it's hard to see, I use my jewelers headset to look at them. My glasses are ten years old or more and not so great. :laugh:

How long would you guys/gals leave a seed in water if it hasn't opened up? Personally, I wouldn't do it for more than a day and a half at the most. I was told if you leave them in there too long they will start to break down.
Just curious on you folks who use the soak then paper towel or straight to soil. What's your maximum soak time? 24 hours and no more?

:circle-of-love:

I let my seeds crack in water. It usually takes 2-5 days. I have gone 8 days in water back when I let tap roots grow to size in water. Lately I drop the seed in a 1 gallon pot of soil as soon as I see the white split on the side of the seed.

A floating seed after 24 hours is often just a very still location where the surface tension on the water is holding up the water logged seed. I've never had a cannabis seed floating 2 days after I put it in water that didn't immediately sink when I poked it.

My study group is small, I've only germinated about 20-25 seeds.

Candles are expensive. Make your own! ;-)
I have an endless supply of tealight candles. Love your cabinet Rad!

When do you start feeding your seedlings in the hempy pots and at what strength on the nutrients?

Did you consider Tead's technique ?

Osmocote + layered into the perlite . Feed once then just PH'd water.

Tead's - Indoor-ish - Winter - Hempy - OGK - SOG

When I use liquid, I start them off (seed or clone) on a 2ml/gal base of grow nutes... then ramp up by 1ml increments as the plant grows.

:thanks: I just checked that out. I'll be ordering some Osmocote this morning. It's not expensive...thank goodness. :laugh:

Tead says get the Osmocote PLUS

See how smart I sound using othe people's hard won knowledge!

It takes a village (to make me look smart :rofl:)

I was smarter than I thought too....I had already ordered the PLUS before I read to order the PLUS.

Schmart....we are. :laugh:

Well played Sir, I'd give you +reps but I already did :love::adore:

You guys are all funny.....I smile when I come to see Canna....

All right, girl......I got 14 seeds in rock wool, on the heating pad, under a CFL, in my kitchen so I can monitor the water level, and I have to rock this deal your way....I know you said your seeds are in the dark, but mine are on a 24 hour light....as of yesterday....wish me luck...

I feed what the GH FloraNova feeding schedule says. No need to use less % of nutrients mixed in the water, just mix up a gallon. (I start feeding as soon as I see leaves.) Daily I just trickle a cup or two of the full strength mix on the GH Rapid Rooter Plugs so that it soaks the plug and leaves a trail for the roots to follow until the roots hit the reservoir and they start really growing, a week or so. Then I feed every other day a full gallon, until about 15 - 20% overflows from the drilled hole. Sort of keeps the nutes in the reservoir fresh and aerated. Towards the end of blooming I feed one gallon a day.

Hope that helps. :circle-of-love:

WJ
:ciao:

You guys are all funny.....I smile when I come to see Canna....

All right, girl......I got 14 seeds in rock wool, on the heating pad, under a CFL, in my kitchen so I can monitor the water level, and I have to rock this deal your way....I know you said your seeds are in the dark, but mine are on a 24 hour light....as of yesterday....wish me luck...

Nothing like putting a little pressure on me....:rofl: My fingers are crossed for sure. Do the same for me...both vehicles down today. Wheel bearings went out on one last night, and the brakes are out on the other.

Having way too much fun here....:rollingeyes:

:passitleft:

I feed what the GH FloraNova feeding schedule says. No need to use less % of nutrients mixed in the water, just mix up a gallon. (I start feeding as soon as I see leaves.) Daily I just trickle a cup or two of the full strength mix on the GH Rapid Rooter Plugs so that it soaks the plug and leaves a trail for the roots to follow until the roots hit the reservoir and they start really growing, a week or so. Then I feed every other day a full gallon, until about 15 - 20% overflows from the drilled hole. Sort of keeps the nutes in the reservoir fresh and aerated. Towards the end of blooming I feed one gallon a day.

Hope that helps. :circle-of-love:

WJ
:ciao:

That helps a heep!! I was hoping you would pop in here with some advice. You're the one who talked me into trying this in the first place. :laugh:
I'll mix up some GH nutes in a bit.

Nothing like putting a little pressure on me....:rofl: My fingers are crossed for sure. Do the same for me...both vehicles down today. Wheel bearings went out on one last night, and the brakes are out on the other.

Having way too much fun here....:rollingeyes:

:passitleft:
That sucks. I would be really upset if that happened to me

That sucks. I would be really upset if that happened to me

Yeah, I used to get really upset when chit happened...but that causes ulcers and other health issues. :laugh: Now, I just go with the flow and realize that it is counterproductive to the brain, and stops the process of finding solutions. Got my bro coming over when he gets out of work so we can work on the brakes for the truck.
If you can make yourself laugh and stay positive during the tough times...it peeves off bad karma and forces it somewhere else. :rofl:

So, on to happier things. :cheer: I have a taproot overnight on a Purple Train Wreck and it went into a rock wool cube a few minutes ago. I am really looking forward to this one.

Back
Top Bottom