Caramelicious In NorCal ll (Revenge of the Clones)

1270Small.jpg

amazing desktop!
props

Swampgas, for some while I've been poring over seed catalogues, and studying grow pix yearning for known kick-butt genetic offerings. So many choices, and then there is cost and some risk to accept. Caramelicious looks like a winner, but you're the only one posting a run. I want to grow short clones. Dense, single colas with no need to screen for a sea of green. Like yours but different. As soon as the cutting roots, forthwith to 12/12. My goal is a 'wheel' grow like Maximus has now, but I'll probably run a straight Indica as he is. Problem for me is the path not chosen. Your harvest looked so very good. Perhaps when you snip your next crop, and you have more than two fems for the cause this time, you could put one in a small pot back into the flower light and check the stretch. 12" total is the goal, with minimal side reach. I scheme to plant these on 6" or less centers. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, your babies all branched immediately and nicely for your room, but I'm talking zero veg. Why would I try to get results different from yours? It's the rotor thing. It can fit me if I can accomodate it.

Your first grow is the reason I subscribed and very inspiring. Think I will start my first grow next month or so because of it. Anyways, awaiting your next update anxiously and may all your buds be monsters.

No drama, no emergencies, no OMGs. Just magnificent.
Thanks Propa Gator, we don't like problems. They pretty much take care of themselves, if you just let them.
Very nice swampgas.:smokin:
Thats some garden you have their big and green.;)
Check out my latest harvest if you get a chance.:roorrip:
+rep If I can
Pan4
Thanks pan4, I did check your harvest and am extremely jealous man, great job. Also appreciate the rep. Most of the time it won't let me rep you, it says I need to spread it around some. Ha.
amazing desktop!
props
Thanks Haze, feel free to use any pics you like, no copyrights here. :)
:thedoubletake: :woohoo: have never seen that many clones and so bushy Super job ..... I really need to get some new lights :grinjoint:
Thanks LiveTunes4All. Lights make all the difference.
Swampgas, for some while I've been poring over seed catalogues, and studying grow pix yearning for known kick-butt genetic offerings. So many choices, and then there is cost and some risk to accept. Caramelicious looks like a winner, but you're the only one posting a run. I want to grow short clones. Dense, single colas with no need to screen for a sea of green. Like yours but different. As soon as the cutting roots, forthwith to 12/12. My goal is a 'wheel' grow like Maximus has now, but I'll probably run a straight Indica as he is. Problem for me is the path not chosen. Your harvest looked so very good. Perhaps when you snip your next crop, and you have more than two fems for the cause this time, you could put one in a small pot back into the flower light and check the stretch. 12" total is the goal, with minimal side reach. I scheme to plant these on 6" or less centers. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, your babies all branched immediately and nicely for your room, but I'm talking zero veg. Why would I try to get results different from yours? It's the rotor thing. It can fit me if I can accomodate it.
Hey Propa Gator, sorry I didn't get back sooner, I was in the Bay Area for a few days. I too am intrigued by the wheel thing, but loading it up would put me over my legal limits. It doesn't seem fair, because I'm probably going to harvest more this go around than I would ever get out of a wheel, but they consider one 12 inch mature plant the same as a 12 foot mature plant. I'm only allowed 6 mature plants per card, be they 12" or 12'. Crazy, isn't it? We are starting an outdoor grow and are going for the 12 footers. Hey, if your swamp is anywhere near my swamp, I'd give you all the clones you want, you could test it out yourself in your wheel. I hope you post a journal, I'd love to see how that works out for you.
I will say your plants always look incredibly healthy. I wonder if it is just being located at the center of the universe in Northern CA. I don't know where you are exactly but every time I'm in Humboldt County I feel like that.
Thanks borntorun, we appreciate the complement. I'm not exactly divulging where I am, but I know what you mean about Humboldt County. ;-) The truth is, these things literally grow themselves, they take minimal effort on our part. They are pre programmed to do their thing and we just let them.
Your first grow is the reason I subscribed and very inspiring. Think I will start my first grow next month or so because of it. Anyways, awaiting your next update anxiously and may all your buds be monsters.
Kind words indeed Tokenhax, thank you very much. I wish you all the best with your first grow, if I can be of any assistance, I'd be honored to help any way I can. Glad to have you along.

Ok, now for an update:

The girls are putting on quite a growth spurt, they are even bigger/taller than the last crop. It is getting increasingly difficult to maneuver around the room and watering is becoming more difficult as well. Good camera angles are getting tougher to come by too. We are having to raise the lights weekly and don't have a lot of chain left to go much higher. We like to call these 'Quality Problems'. In other words, these are all problems we don't mind having.

It never ceases to amaze me, the many hundreds of gallons of water we've dumped out in that room, yet with the exception of a little damp soil, the room is completely dry. The floor is dry, the walls are dry, everything is dry. Where does all that water go? It just blows me away.

Ok, on to the pictures.
1300Small.jpg

1302Small.jpg

9 days into 12/12. Buds are almost beginning to look good enough to let that pesky Julie back into the photos.
1291Small.jpg

1294Small.jpg

1286Small.jpg

1289Small.jpg

So Swampgas, when the flowers are screaming for pollen and exuding resin all over the place, that's when Julie goes skinny dipping in the garden? Very interesting. You say all your beauties are self starters, but you are the one not micro-managing them to a nervous breakdown. Nobody stops Julies' cavorting among the buds, and everyone's happy. Hemp is an aggressive lifeform requiring little more than an excuse to thrive. Your shrubs could be a one level stadium grow with bare bulbs hanging verticle in the middle, nyuk nyuk. How tall are they? Julie can hide while your camera seeks. 12 footers strain my brain to imagine, she could be anywhere.
'They' don't know how to regulate medical grows, because they still believe their own propaganda. Their prohibition has beau coup momentum, and they don't want to let go. If you get a lemon, make lemonade.
Extremely kind offer, but my figurative swamp is a big eastern city where I am mired by inertia and habit. Happiness may be a decision, but I envy Chermas' happy decision to make a life in Hawaii. I once lived in Lancaster CA. Long time ago and never considered going back.

The clones seem a lot more "branchy" then the mothers. I wonder if it is a generational thing. I was just reading this paper on the chemistry of hemp and they were saying that if you take hemp that doesn't produce THC that usually by the 4 generation of clones they will start producing it again. Like you said if you leave them to themselves they will do what they were designed to do.

I'm finding with my f-1 hybrids that the clones have different traits from the mothers. But there are too many variables involved outdoors to draw any conclusions.

WoW! Looking great! Sweet! Every time I look at your journal it makes me smile!
Funny, I was thinking the same thing everytime I look at your avatar. ;) Thanks Ms.Fox
The clones seem a lot more "branchy" then the mothers. I wonder if it is a generational thing. I was just reading this paper on the chemistry of hemp and they were saying that if you take hemp that doesn't produce THC that usually by the 4 generation of clones they will start producing it again. Like you said if you leave them to themselves they will do what they were designed to do.
I'm finding with my f-1 hybrids that the clones have different traits from the mothers. But there are too many variables involved outdoors to draw any conclusions.
Hey borntorun. Actually, the clones look very much like their mothers, just a hell of a lot more of them.
Hey swampgas, I like those square pots of yours. Would you be able to point to where you got them? Thx.
Hey PotPie, We like the pots too, less wasted space. They were purchased from Greenfire, a local grow shop. They were a little spendy, $5 ea.
Very nice swampgas that's one big garden.:ganjamon:
Boy are they in the flower stretch getting big man.
+ rep If I can
Pan4
Thanks pan4, yes they are even bigger than their mothers.
very nice! here we go again...!
Thanks l8, appreciate you man.

Update:

Today we went to the Bay Area and picked up 25 clones for our outdoor garden. We're a bit later than we would like to be for getting started outdoors, but better late than never. I suppose I will need to start a new journal for that one too.

The Caramelicious clones are growing like crazy and it's really hard to move about in the room now. We are also running out of room to raise the lights much higher. Like I said before, these are 'quality problems' and we really shouldn't complain. :)

It's almost time to let Julie prance about for photos, but I'm afraid you won't be able to see her for the jungle. We'll see.

Here are tonights photos. 15 days into 12/12.
1304Small.jpg

1306Small.jpg

1315Small.jpg

1310Small.jpg

1307Small.jpg

stupid expensive pots! I hate how plastic gets expensive... but are those 3 or 5 gal containers? what is your soil bill like on transplant day? haha

great grow as always, cheers!

Hey PotPie, We like the pots too, less wasted space. They were purchased from Greenfire, a local grow shop. They were a little spendy, $5 ea.
Thanks swampgas. I've found a similar deal at my hydro shop. About the same price too. I was hoping to find a deal online somewhere but I can't find any except at the hydrofarm website. Of course those are the same ones at the hydro shop $5. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom