Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thanks, T!- Yeah, the training started real early on this one...:cheesygrinsmiley:

I can do that- I was kind of thinking I should do a little more explaining. I'll try and keep it interesting.

It's a 12:12 photoperiod seed.
I grow my autos outdoors, at least for now.
Omg! Thank you! Okay pick a seed!

236BA515-FD5C-4EE1-BF3A-F766A213D6C6.jpeg

Wedding Cake! I have it on good authority that it'll kick your ass.

In fact, the Wookies auto I'll be growing is Wedding CakexGSC...and that should kick my ass...

Wedding Cake! I have it on good authority that it'll kick your ass.

In fact, the Wookies auto I'll be growing is Wedding CakexGSC...and that should kick my ass...
Todays job list

Plant Wedding Cake seed ✔️

Plant Wedding Cake seed
Well done, T - Fingers crossed for a perfect sprout!
@Carcass you got to go old school..
:thumb:
She looks just as good on the scale as she did on the limb.
Thank you, Nev! I don't usually notice the taste much, but this one tastes great!
Fortunately, she doesn't taste like she smells, because she stinks pretty bad...still not sure where those blueberries are hiding... :hmmmm:

Not a lot more to say about that one right now, so how about a harvest update on the @Herbies Seeds
Blueberry Hill?

My new drying box did slow the drying down, but only by a day or 2- it took 7 days to dry, instead of the usual 5 or 6 days. Next time, I'll stick it out in the garage, where it's cooler, and run the fan less often...

Anyway, She's dry now and in the jars.
BBH weight 7.4 oz.jpg

7.4 oz., so not too bad for a 17" plant in a 3 gallon pot.

Quite a bit of weed there...I smoked a little last night- a nice, strong, relaxing indica buzz, and tastes great, even before the cure..
(half gallon jars)
BBH2 7.4 oz..jpg

I decided to take a look at her roots before she went into the greenwaste.. they look pretty good to me- she definitely used the whole pot..
BBH Roots 1.jpg

That's about all I've got today-
Thank You for looking, I really appreciate your support :love:

I hope everyone has a great week,
And please, continue to stay safe out there. :peace:

Congrats on the BBH harvest, Carcass! 7.5 oz is wonderful.

Congrats on the BBH harvest, Carcass!
Thank You, HashGirl! I'm glad she did well, because that one is mostly for me... :)
Congrats on the awesome harvest! And on saving your newest wee one!
Thanks, candy!
Yeah, the wee one is doing pretty well today, after a very rough start- I also stuck a couple of autos in the cups today, for my upcoming outdoor grow- (Wookiees, and Wookiees x Kalashnikov, both from the Washington State seed fairy :love: )
IF they sprout, (no soaking, just straight to the dirt) they can stay in the box for 3 weeks or so, then, ideally, they go outside on or around 4/20. I just hope it's warmer out there by then... :hmmmm:
GSC3.jpg

I've got them held open now, probably leave it like that for 24 hours or so...
2 sticks, and some dental floss did the trick:
opened (2).jpg
Before I scrolled down to see this post I was thinking how to hold them open. Not in a million years would I have come up with that. We see some ingenious workarounds on these forums, but you Sir just ascended to the next level. :laugh: I love it. Ingenuity hall of fame right there.

Oh and that harvest was another great result. :bravo:

Not in a million years would I have come up with that.
Thanks, Vet! I'm surprised I didn't break something off...these sausage fingers weren't made to mess with tiny seedlings.. :oops:

Congratulations on the huge harvest
Thank you, HH!
That one was a smidge closer to the elusive half pound harvest...but I'll get there eventually...probably :hmmmm:

Here’s hoping she grows into a beauty for you after this is behind her!
Thanks, Dutch! She's doing great now, after her unusual start...Her roots are already telling me it's time to transplant...I usually just go straight to the final pot, but this one is going into a 1 gallon pot for awhile, while I decide if I'm going to grow her in a 5gallon or a 3gallon pot...

Thanks, Dutch! She's doing great now, after her unusual start...Her roots are already telling me it's time to transplant...I usually just go straight to the final pot, but this one is going into a 1 gallon pot for awhile, while I decide if I'm going to grow her in a 5gallon or a 3gallon pot...
Please go 5 gallon coz I have that size

Alright, you talked me into it :) I'll try something new- it'll be the first time ever growing in anything but a 3, but it's probably what I need to do if I'm going to grow them a bit bigger in there .. :hmmmm:

Monday once again, and time for a little UPDATE on the happenings around here...

First up is a shot of my temporary seedling setup- the 2 led bulbs I usually use weren't going to be enough for 3 seedlings, so I broke out the @Atreum Lighting Hydra-1000 to use for a few weeks...
1a.jpg

The seedlings seem to like it..
1.jpg

I mentioned 3 seedlings...well, I'm still waiting on one of em- I initially tried a Wookiees x Kalashnikov cross (From the Wa. State seed fairy) but, all 3 seeds were duds- all 3 of them were a pale green color, which told me that they were harvested a little early, and sure enough, they weren't viable...not my fault for a change... :)
Now, I'm waiting on another one from the same seed fairy- Mephisto White Chem auto, which I soaked for 12 hours, then she went into the cup on Saturday at 11:30 pm- nothing yet, but it was a big fat healthy seed so I think she'll show up in another day or 2...
7.jpg

Back to the ones that actually sprouted- GSC on the left, Wookiees auto on the right
4.jpg

The GSC isn't very big yet, but she's very healthy...she's 9 days old today.
I haven't fed her anything yet, although I did amend the Promix she's in with a tsp. of @GeoFlora veg and a bit of @DYNOMYCO a week before I stuck her in there. Same with the Wookiees..

5.jpg

She's been pretty busy below ground, lots of roots...she'll be going into a 1 gallon pot in a week or so, and then into a 5 gallon when she's ready- this is the one that's going to stay indoors (photoperiod)- the auto(s) will be going outside when they're big enough
5a.jpg

Next up is the 4 day old Wookiees auto- Her first 2 leaves were "funny"-the tips were pure white when she sprouted, then the white parts died and fell off...not a big deal I guess, didn't seem to affect her at all.
No roots to show you on this one, it's a bit early...
6.jpg

Both of em- the Wookiees is a little tall, so she's a bit closer to the light so she doesn't stretch any more-
I'll have to bury some of that stem at transplant time...
They're 12 and 11" from the light, and it's running at 45 watts-

6a.jpg

The heat from the light and the driver are keeping it at a nice 80f in the box...When the light goes off, the seedling mat comes on, to keep it warm in there in the wee hours of the morning...
They're on a 19/5 light schedule right now-off at 2am, back on at 7 am.

3.jpg

And that's about all I've got today- I'll post a little update when/if the White Chem auto sprouts!

Thanks for looking- I appreciate the support.. :love:

And please, stay safe out there!

Thanks, Stunger- I left it on overnight, seems to have gotten them flattened out!

Thank you, Shed!
I'm lucky the cotys were flexible- the last time I tried to "adjust" one, it broke right off...

And , since it's Monday, it's time for a little Update on a few things...

First, in seedling news, the odd little GSC is squared away, after a somewhat weird start...
Here's how she looked yesterday morning- the root came up first, the sprout came up 4 hours later:
root.jpg

And, today..she's looking quite a bit better:
gsc2.jpg

The cotyledons are open now, and those 2 leaves are actually growing pretty fast...still tiny, but a lot bigger than yesterday...
gsc3.jpg

Not a lot more to say about that one right now, so how about a harvest update on the @Herbies Seeds
Blueberry Hill?

My new drying box did slow the drying down, but only by a day or 2- it took 7 days to dry, instead of the usual 5 or 6 days. Next time, I'll stick it out in the garage, where it's cooler, and run the fan less often...

Anyway, She's dry now and in the jars.
BBH weight 7.4 oz.jpg

7.4 oz., so not too bad for a 17" plant in a 3 gallon pot.

Quite a bit of weed there...I smoked a little last night- a nice, strong, relaxing indica buzz, and tastes great, even before the cure..
(half gallon jars)
BBH2 7.4 oz..jpg

I decided to take a look at her roots before she went into the greenwaste.. they look pretty good to me- she definitely used the whole pot..
BBH Roots 1.jpg

That's about all I've got today-
Thank You for looking, I really appreciate your support :love:

I hope everyone has a great week,
And please, continue to stay safe out there. :peace:
Awesome grow!

Back
Top Bottom