Colorfuldayze Aug-Dec 2014 Auto Grow

I'm very protective of my nuts...

Squirrels like nuts!

Hello, good morning Colorful, I hope you weren't going easy on me with the wood ash :)

Do you have a Pina Colada with the umbrella for sipping under the palm tree as you watch the waves roll in?

I hope so :)

I'm very protective of my nuts...

Squirrels like nuts!

Hello, good morning Colorful, I hope you weren't going easy on me with the wood ash :)

Do you have a Pina Colada with the umbrella for sipping under the palm tree as you watch the waves roll in?

I hope so :)

Heya Tassie and LMAO - sounds like you are a little wary of squirrels my friend lol. I was not going easy with you re: the wood ash. It was actually a little oversight of mine that you only gave a light dusting - I'll have to go back and re-read because I thought you incorporated some in to the soil. A little is fine and good, but it's easy to overdue w/ wood ash and then you have nearly or actual K-toxic soil high in pH.

We've been soaking up the sun, enjoying the pool at our house and having awesome seafood and bloody Marys every night! I'm not a pina Colada guy but we should be breaking the Margharitas out tomorrow. It looks like I'm not going to have any smoke after all the entire month but I had forgotten how therapeutic swimming is for the joints and back so I'm going to swim every morning for 20 min. before I play golf, then after put my cold brace on my knees w/ a cold limey drink in hand.

Palm trees and waves all around. Sending my kind of peace and harmony your way my friend!

Cheers :)

Hi all, so I was in the middle of actually posting an update and then luckily I went to add a 420-con because when I did I got the screen flash that 420 was down and being updated...available soon - luckily I was able to cut-paste and save. so we are off to dinner and will post later! cheers all!

Smoke some for me please!

It sounds like you two are having a great time Colorful; bringing the New year in right...
I'd kill to have no tolerance again.
Aint that the truth? Bonus points for that Jinn.

Happy SkunkDaze Colorful:)....looks like i missed the convo about Tassie and Beateo comparing nuts with each other:):rofl:
:laughtwo:

Heya Tassie and LMAO - sounds like you are a little wary of squirrels my friend lol. I was not going easy with you re: the wood ash. It was actually a little oversight of mine that you only gave a light dusting - I'll have to go back and re-read because I thought you incorporated some in to the soil. A little is fine and good, but it's easy to overdue w/ wood ash and then you have nearly or actual K-toxic soil high in pH.

We've been soaking up the sun, enjoying the pool at our house and having awesome seafood and bloody Marys every night! I'm not a pina Colada guy but we should be breaking the Margharitas out tomorrow. It looks like I'm not going to have any smoke after all the entire month but I had forgotten how therapeutic swimming is for the joints and back so I'm going to swim every morning for 20 min. before I play golf, then after put my cold brace on my knees w/ a cold limey drink in hand.

Palm trees and waves all around. Sending my kind of peace and harmony your way my friend!

yeah its the swimming making everything better, not the bloody mary =p

oh, Green Dreamz, you're such a cheap date, you mensch, you. That's alright, as long as you have supervision (your son) you'll be fine.:rofl:

Hey mate,

Yep I sifted through my wood ash, just got white stuff, just added a little to the soil. You said it needs to be freely available. I thought well, if it's in the root zone, then I've got a better chance of something good and/or bad happening fairly quickly...I'm pushing is all.

We'll see maybe later today :)

I'm more of a Mardigreeta kinda guy too...line from a movie...

"..and a Mardigreeta for my wife's fire..."

Name the movie :)

Now that beach day I had with the kids...walking up and down the beach in the freezing...maybe 15C .59F... water...my ankle was really good and pain free for most of the day...we then went again late arvo and I got the same relief :) So there's something in that :)

Glad you're relaxing, a cheap drunk, dropping the tolerance (you are gunna be so sh*t faced when you get home :)), happy dayz...

:)

Hi Mr. Dayze!

When you get back and are ready to make some of that tincture let me know and I'll give you a step by step.

Hope you're having fun!!! :cheer:

Are you making an alcohol or a veg glycerin tincture? I will keep a lookout for that!

It sounds like you two are having a great time Colorful; bringing the New year in right...Aint that the truth? Bonus points for that Jinn.
Heya BAR, thanks for stopping in buddy! I'm getting tons of rest, great therapy in the pool, and stepped up the golf today. Between the warm temps, humidity, and pool my joints are doing much better than I had anticipated. Grateful since it will be a near long 4 weeks until I have medicine. Until then I can hold myself over begrudgingly w/ anti-inflammatories and mild pain med. Cheers to you BAR.
:high-five:

yeah its the swimming making everything better, not the bloody mary =p
Yep, you got that right on Jinn! All things kind to you my friend.
:Namaste:

Hey Colorful.....jsut passing by enjoying the palm trees and warm water with you......sorry .....not a drinker, but i will smoke one for you:)lol.....and that was a bit of a fib as i had a beer with my boy last night since he is leaving tomorrow........and yes....one beer for GD equals a very tipsy GD:)lol
Thanks for smoking one for me GD! That is mighty kind of you my friend. Hope your time with your son was nice. I'm a lightweight on both the cannabis and the bloody mary end so definitely a cheap date and patient :) All good things to you GD! Cheers

oh, Green Dreamz, you're such a cheap date, you mensch, you. That's alright, as long as you have supervision (your son) you'll be fine.:rofl:

LOL Shawnee - too funny and probably too true re: the supervision. Cheers dear lady!

You are sillier than I Tassie and I love you brother! Like we call our big teddy bear newfoundland at home - Goofus! :p Cheers buddy! hehe!

:popcorn:... Hidiho neighbor...:passitleft:....:circle-of-love:

Oh thank you kindly dearest Dennise. A friend with weed is a friend indeed! :passitleft: I needed that! ahhh :)

Hey mate,
Yep I sifted through my wood ash, just got white stuff, just added a little to the soil. You said it needs to be freely available. I thought well, if it's in the root zone, then I've got a better chance of something good and/or bad happening fairly quickly...I'm pushing is all.
We'll see maybe later today :) I'm more of a Mardigreeta kinda guy too...line from a movie...
"..and a Mardigreeta for my wife's fire..."
Name the movie :)
Now that beach day I had with the kids...walking up and down the beach in the freezing...maybe 15C .59F... water...my ankle was really good and pain free for most of the day...we then went again late arvo and I got the same relief :) So there's something in that :)
Glad you're relaxing, a cheap drunk, dropping the tolerance (you are gunna be so sh*t faced when you get home :)), happy dayz...
:)

Hiya Tassie. Good job on the wood ash and incorporating both the ash and the phosphorus and other amendments into the soil to get it spread and available in the root zone. I cannot think of the movie reference to Mardigreeta but it has to be funny - knowing yee!
That is just awesome re: the cold therapy from the water at the beach. There is definitely good natural and free medicine there! You are so right re: my tolerance. I will definitely have a chair nearby and start slow.

Come to think of it, this is the perfect debiassing for when I have my own little 'Colorful Cannabis Cup' and sample and evaluate all twelve phenos over two days. I will still be seeing palm trees instead of spruce and birch trees for dayze :)
Cheers Tassie brother. I hope your transition continues to go as smooth and that it is full of love and understanding and resolve. Best Brother!!!

Hi Mr. Dayze!

When you get back and are ready to make some of that tincture let me know and I'll give you a step by step.

Hope you're having fun!!! :cheer:

Thank you drcannabi. I sincerely appreciate all of your info and guidance. I'll let you know when I'm setup and ready to extract! All things kind to you Doc!

Are you making an alcohol or a veg glycerin tincture? I will keep a lookout for that!

Hi MagicMediwana. I'm going to using both ingredients I believe based upon several similar methods and recipes I've researched similar to drcannabi's. One thing I will not be doing is blowing myself up - or god forbid even worse setting mrs colorful's kitchen on fire...in which case I might as well repeat step 1... Cheers Magic!

Hi Magic,

I've only ever made alcohol tincture with 190 proof Everclear. I've been meaning to do a how-to on my method which I came up with from countless attempts at making Rick Simpson Oil (RSO). The only difference between RSO and tincture is that you burn off "all" the alcohol for RSO. With a tincture you only burn off as much as it takes to get the tincture to the potency that is right for the individual.

Personally, I hate the taste of alcohol tincture. That's why I make the RSO and then make my own canna-caps (weed capsules) with the RSO and Coconut oil. They are STRONG and highly medicinal. Many seasoned tokers have been brought to their knees with just 1 capsule. I borrowed all my methods from others on mmj forums and just kept the steps that worked for me. I've got it down pretty simple but there is always room for improvement... :volcano-smiley:

Hello friends and good 420 folk. I hope you all had agood slip in to 2015 and that your hearts and gardens are happy and content!It's been a while since I've posted an actual update. Everything was happeningso fast during my last days of harvesting, having to work full days right up toleaving, packing, getting the 'heavy hitter housesitter' settled :), and thenactually traveling/flying 15 hours to warm weather - whew.

According to the very brief reports I've received from our lady friend housesitter viamrs colorful, the buds are drying nice and slow so I'm happy with the rudimentary setup I left her with to finish them. Most of them(especially the most potent smelling and sticky phenos O and N) were still toomoist to smoke as of two days ago so she started smoking the trim which shereported was working for her and comparable to the other whispy faster drying buds she wassmoking first so I should have some nice trim to try my first batch ofextract/oil when I return. I'm going to try the everclear-mason jar and doubleboiler pot method that I have since learned from so much input from so manywonderful members here.

Although maybe not optimal, I went ahead and cut down all of the colas, removed all of the buds from the main stem and placed them loosely in large 1 gallon tupperwares with the lids on on top but at a 45 degree angle (one turn from square) so that four slits were open on each bin. I asked her to put the lid on for 4-6 hours/day once they start getting a dry feel to the bud, and then leaving them open again until they remain dry with the lids sealed after which she will put all the bins in the garage where it stays 45 degrees F +/-.

When I do get home I'll have the whole weekend to get back in to the groove ofthings back home and spend two+ whole days sampling and evaluating each of the 12 phenos. I realized that not having any medicine this month will have a small diamond in the rough in that any of my evaluation biasses from smoking daily will be erased. I'll start with the ones I already sampled and determined to be milder first and work my way up to the O and N pheno.

I have truly enjoyed having the time available to really dive in to and catch up on so many of your journals and learn and consider so much inforamation and techniques. From grow methods, nutrient and pest management programs, harvest and curing, extracts and oils, equipment...as well as so much cool stuff in our sponsors section!! I'm overwhelmed and empowered with so much awesome info and am eternally thankful for all of you and our wonderful community! So as soon as I'm done with another short update (hey this is short for me right? lol) I'm going to go do a big ol wohoo cannonball in the pool for each of you! :)

I've been researching strains and varieties in our sponsor's seed banks to consider new strains to add to my grow. Most of them are photo strains but ones that have caught my eye and interest are Heavyweight Strawberry Cheesecake, Barneys Tangerine Dream, Original Sesible Blueberry OG, and BombTHCBomb Auto. While it makes my mouth water just daydreaming of them I have also decided that I am not going to get myself in a hurry and am going to focus on getting one more indoor grow with my auto strain on my resume in order to continue focusing on improving and developing my implementation and discipline with strain I have while the last grow is still fresh in my mind and heart. I still have a lot to develop and improve on and am going to keep the garden simple until I get the new grow room setup and micro-manageable for all situations. Then I'm going to conduct my first outdoor legal Alaskan grow this spring and summer, after which I hope to have my new bank of strains available to diversify my indoor and future outdoor gardens. I'm going to go ahead and order my seed before I leave but I might have to give them to mrs colorful to hide from me until August so that I don't germinate them all and go to town HA!
While I'm abitious I know this would actually result in stress and overwhelming because I have enough to have fun with sorting out and evaluating my own strain - especially for selecting the candidate phenos to grow outside this summer.

I'm also going to try my hand at the colloidal silver seed feminizing method this next grow. The sativa-dominant phenos of my auto strain respond very well to cutting and rooting and I plan to root the lower branches that I cut out when I lollipop at about day 70-85. They take about 1 week to root and end up making nice fat little buds. I think they would be perfect fro the CS method and would allow me to not have to deal with pollenating and harvesting the seed from the primary plants - which is actually time consuming, and slightly rough on the plants while reducing yields. Then in future grows I'll apply the feminized pollen to these lollipopped branches and can finish them out and harvest the seed separately without having to simultaneously fuss with managing and harvesting the primary plant. Focus on buds on the primary plants and seeds on the rooted cuttings.

On a last side note, I failed to get all of the pheno evaluation pictures that were saved on our main computer onto my jump drive before I left so although bummed that I cannot post and review those with you as promised, I did bring my garden notes with me so I can still enter and evaluate all of those in spreadsheets and again seredipidously, it will give me an unbiassed look at the pictures after I've spent more time focused on the details of my notes :)

So instead of starting chapter two on the future, I'll leave you all for now with a sincere thank you for your interests and inputs to my cannabis growing journey. I wish each of you all things kind and hope your gardens and families are blessed and happy. Cheers 420!!

Awesome Update Mr. Dayze!

I love your approach to acquiring new genetics. Mine is pretty much see something, buy it, then try to explain to Mrscannabi that this is an investment in our health! She's awesome but I think she's catching on that I have a problem LOL! I was able to show her on paper how much $$ I've saved by switching from guitar collecting to seed collecting hahahaha!

Have a great Night CD:high-five:

Awesome Update Mr. Dayze!

I love your approach to acquiring new genetics. Mine is pretty much see something, buy it, then try to explain to Mrscannabi that this is an investment in our health! She's awesome but I think she's catching on that I have a problem LOL! I was able to show her on paper how much $$ I've saved by switching from guitar collecting to seed collecting hahahaha!

Have a great Night CD:high-five:

Thank you Doc! Re: explaining to Mrscannabi - lol :) It sounds like we are very much in the same boat and that is just too funny re: your rationale and applied logic for justifying your germplasm addiction! HA! That just sounds so familiar :) One extra piece of rationale I have in my arsenal in the event all is fails is to emphasize that we do/or did get the frequent flyer miles! :)

Do you have a favorite between accoustic or electric? And when you made the switch from guitars to seeds, had you actually pretty much (so to speak) adequately stocked your guitar collection? :) aka did you really have to give up acquiring that last guitar you wanted or was it serendipidously a wash in transition to the seed quest? :) lol Good stuff. Thanks again Doc and best to you sir. Cheers

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom