DankestBuds Aurora Indica Grown In Soil

Alrighty folks. So due to my inexperience, I may have subbed up to a lot of journals. Ended up spreading myself pretty thin. I am trying my best to respond to everyone but I kind of goofed up on this round. Hope you can all forgive me. I will try super hard to keep up with everyone and sub to a smaller list of grows next round. Just a noob getting a hang on everything.

Still using the DE. I plan to use it a few more times before flower just to be 110% sure all the thrips are gone. This is a no bug zone!

All of the clones except one have been up potted to 2gal fabric pots. There is a fold in the reflective tent back wall. I can't let my plants get much taller than this line.
IMG_255215.jpg

Ezra the Aurora Indica(back right): Took off all her random old string ties and put on some nice new floral string in matching green. Re-positioned all of her arms and I finally have an even canopy on her! I'm always looking for more branches to tuck or tie down. Trying to stall her so the rest can catch up. I just want her to bulk back up.

Athena the Kish of God(back left): Started from bagseed actually so I'm not sure if it's a guy or girl. It's in one of my biggest pots though so I really hope it's a lady! Kinda wish I did two big AI as I know they're femenized but it's chill. This one was getting taller than Ezra so I thought it would be good to do some lst on her also. Already looking much bushier.

IMG_249421.jpg

IMG_249523.jpg

IMG_255022.jpg

IMG_254916.jpg

IMG_255414.jpg

Mystery Strain: All are have been topped twice and I just begun lst on them.
#1 and #3 have 4 tops
#2 and #4 have 8 tops
Not sure how that worked out but I'm just going to roll with it.
The main branches were lowered so that each top would get equal amount of light and lower the overall structure of the plant. Because these 4 look more sativa, I have to take that into consideration before flipping to flower. Don't want any of my girls growing into the lights!
I will probably topp each top after they grow out a node.

Other news: Not sure if I ever posted but Lefty, Righty, and the latest clone didn't make it. But their spirits will live on! Have a great night everyone.

GreenChef:

Thanks bud :) YOW! That does not sound like it would tickle. Hope you're doing alright. Definitely take some time for your self homie. Are you a chef then? Your girls look very happy bro. Reaching for the light haha. How much are you hoping to harvest? Yeah just a mini forest at the moment. I don't want my girls getting too tall though. It's a struggle between wanting big plants and not wanting them to grow into the lights. Difficulties with growing different strains at different ages in a small space. I'm usually spacey haha, no worries. Have a good one man.

I took a solid week and went stir crazy so back to work I go haha. I have an associates in culinary arts but as a career I ended up fixin furnaces. Love to whip up some good grub though. You're mini forest is looking sweet lol idk about yield I'll be happy with anything but if I can top em and get em big and bushy before flower then obviously I'd love to hit a gram per watt. That'd be crazy, but just trying to stay humble and keep em happy and see what they reward me with, I'm at least blessed with no space restriction unless otherwise stated by the mrs. :) peace brotha

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I took a solid week and went stir crazy so back to work I go haha. I have an associates in culinary arts but as a career I ended up fixin furnaces. Love to whip up some good grub though. You're mini forest is looking sweet lol idk about yield I'll be happy with anything but if I can top em and get em big and bushy before flower then obviously I'd love to hit a gram per watt. That'd be crazy, but just trying to stay humble and keep em happy and see what they reward me with, I'm at least blessed with no space restriction unless otherwise stated by the mrs. :) peace brotha
What happened to your clones man?

Man I'd be so down for a week off work haha. Hope you didn't get too stir crazy. Cool beans. That's a unique career eh? I want to try making pot butter with the sugar leaf trim from this harvest. I just wish the mini forest would catch up with the two big girls like the 4 mystery strain are! That's a great attitude to have bro. Where anything is a bonus. But you still have a destination in mind. Have you topped any of your girls yet? They look ready to go full on bush mode. Holy smokes.. no space restrictions? You sure are one lucky duck!

I'm not entirely sure what happened to the clones honestly. Maybe it was the type of humidity dome I used or maybe I introduced them to the light to fast or maybe something else. Either or, I treated them the same as all my other clones but they just didn't have it in them. They will be missed, but I didn't intend for all the clones to make it. Just the strongest of the bunch. I can barely fit in all the plants I currently have! Next grow I'm just doing a single plant huge. Peace out home slice.

Mystery Strain #3 is definitely a male. Showing his junk super early into veg just like my first mystery strain. Maybe I didn't misjudge the first one. I have a friend who wants any guys I have just to grow them out. So I'll gift #3 to him. The rest of the mystery strain are looking pretty feminine though! I'm excited to get rid of the male and make some room for the other plants. Then I can up pot my last clone.
MysteryStrain_3MALE.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot. I found this super gnarly looking seed in some dispensary bud called "Zed". Part of the shell was broken off and it looked rather deformed. But I threw it in some Sea Storm (kelp) and water mixture anyway, and it floated. So I let it sit for about a day before tapping it and it sunk. Transitioned to some paper tissue with Sea Storm mixture. If she lives I'm thinking of starting a second journal for her with CFL's.

Aw man guys.. Apparently there is not just one big storm coming my way, but THREE. I live right downtown so power outages have never been an issue, but that might be changing very shortly... I'm being told to prepare for no power and to stock up on supplies..

Are you freaking serious? I don't have time for these shenanigans. I have a grow to finish!

I like how quickly things went from "normal" to "prepare for the worst" over here lol. All my fingers and thumbs are crossed and then double crossed that the power STAYS ON. If not, my plants may have to hibernate for a little bit. Wish us luck.

Well. It's been raining more and more and the wind is exceptionally strong, but no power outages yet! Tomorrow is when it's supposed to be the worst (wind is supposed to be 3x as strong) but that's not why I'm posting today.

FIRSTEVERPISTILACTION.jpg

FIRSTPISTILCLOSEUP.jpg

My first ever pistil action!!! I've never seen a flowering cannabis plant in person before, so this is super exciting for me to say the least! But also kind of disappointing. I still need to do at least one more D.E. treatment and a wash down before flipping to 12/12 to be absolutely positive all thrips are gone. However that means the pistils will become gunked up and wont get direct light, plus as the clones grow up, the new growth will shade the pistils. So I might have to say goodbye to these pistils, but more will come along for sure.

I gotta be frank with all of you. Paying off my first credit card debt for the past few months has been rough. It's improving, but rather slowly. Trying to get as much income as possible, but 98% goes to bills or rent. Not leaving much for food, bud or anything. Hoping to be in the clear around November. Going from being able to smoke an ounce in a day to maybe having a gram every couple weeks is pretty depressing. I would be alright with harvesting a little early, but I still need a second mini oscillating tower fan once Walmart restocks. Thinking of flipping around Halloween. We'll see.

Hiya Dankest, sending you good vibes from the Seattle area! Congratulations on your very first pistils! :goodjob:

This may be comforting to you, I did some testing a month ago on a 5th plant (not included in my grow journal because my legal limit is 4) in DWC and turned off the light and air pump for 2 days straight to simulate an outage. There was some browning of leaves and roots but overall the plant recovered and went back to normal growth within a week. So even if this storm knocks out the power for a few days, your plants should still be ok. :cheer:

I wish I could offer help w/ the thrips but I have no experience w/ them. So here is my 2cents for the credit card debt. My dads words of wisdom before he helped me apply for a credit card were "treat this like a debit card, and pay it off in full every month. If you can't pay it off in full, live somewhere more affordable, get a roommate or get a raise". I went for option 2, and have shared expenses with my boyfriend from the time I was 20 to now (24). He pays the rent (now mortgage) and I pay for everything else (food, utilities, internet, phone bill, entertainment, grow equipment, etc). This comes out to roughly a 50-50 split, and even though neither of us have a high salary, combined it allows for total financial freedom. So I would definitely advocate for finding a 420 friendly roomate to share expenses (and maybe even growing!) with :allgood:

Stay safe if you go outside tomorrow! Best wishes

Hiya Dankest, sending you good vibes from the Seattle area! Congratulations on your very first pistils! :goodjob:

This may be comforting to you, I did some testing a month ago on a 5th plant (not included in my grow journal because my legal limit is 4) in DWC and turned off the light and air pump for 2 days straight to simulate an outage. There was some browning of leaves and roots but overall the plant recovered and went back to normal growth within a week. So even if this storm knocks out the power for a few days, your plants should still be ok. :cheer:

I wish I could offer help w/ the thrips but I have no experience w/ them. So here is my 2cents for the credit card debt. My dads words of wisdom before he helped me apply for a credit card were "treat this like a debit card, and pay it off in full every month. If you can't pay it off in full, live somewhere more affordable, get a roommate or get a raise". I went for option 2, and have shared expenses with my boyfriend from the time I was 20 to now (24). He pays the rent (now mortgage) and I pay for everything else (food, utilities, internet, phone bill, entertainment, grow equipment, etc). This comes out to roughly a 50-50 split, and even though neither of us have a high salary, combined it allows for total financial freedom. So I would definitely advocate for finding a 420 friendly roomate to share expenses (and maybe even growing!) with :allgood:

Stay safe if you go outside tomorrow! Best wishes

Hey TheFrizz! Thanks for the positive vibes :high-five: So far you are the closest grower to me that I am aware of haha. I'm over in B.C. I've been to Seatle, its really nice down there. Yeah I'm super stoked on all the pistil action! Most of my girls are showing pre-flowers now which is a great sign. Just wish my clones were bigger so I could flip to flower.
Thanks for the reassuring info! Everyone down here was over-playing the storms honestly. Power never went off, just windy and rainy. Good news for the plants though!
Thrips were a very annoying setback in my grow but I think I've taken care of them. Will probably do one more Diatomaceous Earth treatment before flipping to flower in a couple weeks.
Appreciate the credit card wisdom! I think once I get out of debt I'll just use my debit card for a while. Live and learn eh.
I actually went longboarding in the storm. It. Was. Awesome! Wish it had been more crazy but there's always next time haha.

I checked out your journal and you have one serious set up my friend! Much respect. Excellent strain choice, excellent lights, have you done this before? Hope your doing well.

Hey TheFrizz! Thanks for the positive vibes :high-five: So far you are the closest grower to me that I am aware of haha. I'm over in B.C. I've been to Seatle, its really nice down there. Yeah I'm super stoked on all the pistil action! Most of my girls are showing pre-flowers now which is a great sign. Just wish my clones were bigger so I could flip to flower.
Thanks for the reassuring info! Everyone down here was over-playing the storms honestly. Power never went off, just windy and rainy. Good news for the plants though!
Thrips were a very annoying setback in my grow but I think I've taken care of them. Will probably do one more Diatomaceous Earth treatment before flipping to flower in a couple weeks.
Appreciate the credit card wisdom! I think once I get out of debt I'll just use my debit card for a while. Live and learn eh.
I actually went longboarding in the storm. It. Was. Awesome! Wish it had been more crazy but there's always next time haha.

I checked out your journal and you have one serious set up my friend! Much respect. Excellent strain choice, excellent lights, have you done this before? Hope your doing well.

Hiya Dankest, yeah we are just a few hours apart, makes the world feel a bit smaller and cozier :circle-of-love: It is funny how just a slight change in the wind direction was able to move the epicenter of the storm away, but hey no power outage, can't complain! That longboarding though....now THAT sounds like an amazing experience!

Good to hear that your plants are doing well, I am glad those nasty thrips are gone! Also, thanks for the comments about my grow. This is indeed my first attempt, but I am a science teacher (taught Biology last year and Chemistry this year) so having content knowledge has made things flow more smoothly. In addition, I spent about 300 hours this summer reading grow journals, and the sum of that research led me to the technique I am trying out for this first grow. Basically it comes down to a very simple principle: get the most amount of light to the most amount of buds. :thumb:

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what the girls look like after you flip to flower! :love:

Hello 420 magazine and all, I have great news! There are a few things that put me in such a good mood today. I've just been watering the plants with straight tap water for the past 4 weeks roughly. So when I watered my clone in the smallest pot with my High Output Garden nutes, it EXPLODED with growth. It's slowed down a little now but it reminded me that plants like this stuff. So I watered all my plants with the same strength nutes and I'm noticing the leaves on Athena and the clones look especially beautiful and healthy! Some of the leaf edges are like big jagged knives. Very cool. Makes me one happy camper.

This photo is from a little while ago but pizza.
Top left: Athena the Kish of God, Top right: Ezra the Aurora Indica, Far left (two lanky plants): Mystery Strain, Flow is the one surrounded by the 5 clones.
FridayNight.jpg

Furthermore, I noticed Ezra has been looking very depressed lately. So much so it's gotten me a little worried. Almost certainly from too heavy of Defol. I washed off the D.E. on Ezra in the tent and I noticed some of her branches were way too crowded. That in combination with poor air circulation on her leaves made me concerned with mold or PM. So I took her out and rearranged all her arms and gave her very specific defol just to focus light on all her tops. Even though she had lots of water in the soil, I gave her some of the nute mixture anyway. She is finally starting to perk up!!! I don't want to jinx anything, but I started to think Ezra my biggest plant was going to be my least preforming. I also fixed my clip on fans so the breeze is perfect. Hopefully she just keeps on improving!

Gave Flow and some of the clones a hair cut. Took some before and after photos.
FlowBeforeHairCut.jpg

FlowAfterHairCut.jpg

ClonesBeforeHairCut.jpg

ClonesAfterHairCut.jpg

Took a clipping from Flow and threw her in my spare veg room under some CFLs. You can check her and my other projects out on my second journal in my sig!

So now that all my plants are in their final homes, the flip to flower is growing near! I threw a shoebox in the tent to raise some of the clones and flow up. Their canopy now sit at the same level as the big girls! I just want to make sure all the thrips are gone so I will use one more D.E. treatment. I still need to get another thick bed sheet to make certain my tent is light tight. Other than that I'm just waiting for my plants to do their final filling out and then making the flip! Woo!

Here's some weird leaves I took off Athena.
WeirdLeafCollection.jpg

Here's the latest tent photo. Finally starting to get that even canopy haha.
LatestTentPhoto.jpg

Well that did not sound good at all... Oh my.. Was just doing some final computer things before bed when I hear this horrifying grinding sound like something got stuck in my exhaust fan. But it has so much silver tape on the connections there's no way anything got stuck in there. I sprinted the two feet over to my main tent, turned on the kitchen stove lights and lowered the speed on the exhaust fan to low (was on high before). Nothing happened. Then I turned it up to almost high and it made the noise again!! :( So I lowered it a bit and it sounds fine for now but I'm worried to change anything or just leave it. Trying to maintain negative air pressure but the intake fan needs a speed control. I thought about it really hard before doing this next thing, but considering the girls are still in veg and I've never had an issue with light leaks so I opened up the tent extremely quickly to take a peek at the fan and filter. The lights juust turned off so probably not the worst thing if only once. Used my IPhone light to see if everything was still in place without shining directly on the girls. The fan/filter looked fine. So I'm guessing the issue is within the exhaust fan. Kind of think I should put metal covering the exit of the exhaust so nothing comes IN. There are just oldschool pantihoes/nylon socks covering the end. Much to do after the lights come on. Man. Just when I thought I had everything dialed in. Guess there's still some kinks to work out.

I'm still paying off a little debt so there is no way I can afford another fan that size. I'm just hoping my fan makes it to harvest even if not at full capacity. If my exhaust fan blows I might have to use my intake fan as the exhaust and use a passive air intake. Then flip to flower ASAP because I can't grow huge plants without a decent ventilation system (not ideal at all). But that's worst case scenario. Hoping its all good in the hood. I plan to check on my girls and inspect the fan/filter as soon as I wake up. Hopefully no hermies and easy fixes.

Goodnight everybody. Stay medicated

Morning everyone! Got to sleep in a little this morning which is always a huge treat to me. Checked on the girls and they seem happy and oblivious to any issues. Checked the exhaust ducting exiting my window and it all looks mint. No issues there. I had the exhaust fan set to medium last night so I raised it just enough until there was negative tent pressure. Did not make those horrifying sounds again so I'm hoping I can just leave it as is for the remainder of my grow and be good to go. I did not take down the fan and filter to inspect as it was such a freaking pain to get up there. Plus I don't want to risk anything falling on my girls. But it sounds okay again so I'll just have to keep a close eye on that. Man. That was a brand new and fairly expensive fan. I don't know how it could be experiencing issues already. Only been using it for 3.5 months or so.

Current Tent
TentFillingUp10_18_16.jpg

Saw a new bug in my grow room the other day. Just the one which is better than a herd. Looked like an adult thrip, but I'm pretty inexperienced with pests still. Grabbed a latex glove and almost lost the bug's position, but then found and took care of him. He didn't even try to run or fly away. Just accepted death. What a bro.

Used another Diatomacious Earth treatment. I love this stuff. It makes it look like there is snow in my garden! It never snows where I live anymore. So this is the closest I've been to snow in years! I'm starting to see a very small amount of new growth after the treatment.

Took some Photos to show current shapes and sizes of my plants

Bushy Clones
Clones10_18_16.jpg

CloneSideShot10_18_16.jpg

Mystery Strain
MysteryStrain10_18_16.jpg

MysteryStrainSideShot10_18_16.jpg

Tri-Node Clones Topped and Untopped
TriNodeClones10_18_16.jpg

TriNodeCloneSideShot10_18_16.jpg

Hiya Dankest, yeah we are just a few hours apart, makes the world feel a bit smaller and cozier :circle-of-love: It is funny how just a slight change in the wind direction was able to move the epicenter of the storm away, but hey no power outage, can't complain! That longboarding though....now THAT sounds like an amazing experience!

Good to hear that your plants are doing well, I am glad those nasty thrips are gone! Also, thanks for the comments about my grow. This is indeed my first attempt, but I am a science teacher (taught Biology last year and Chemistry this year) so having content knowledge has made things flow more smoothly. In addition, I spent about 300 hours this summer reading grow journals, and the sum of that research led me to the technique I am trying out for this first grow. Basically it comes down to a very simple principle: get the most amount of light to the most amount of buds. :thumb:

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what the girls look like after you flip to flower! :love:

Top of the morning to ya Frizz. Definitely good luck that the power stayed on. Thank you mother nature. Was an amazing experience. Will do again next storm haha.
Thanks for the kind words! I hope all the thrips are gone here! I've been using heavy D.E. treatment for weeks and they sure are a persistent bunch. As long as they are 120% gone before I make the flip. You sound like the much cooler version of my old Biology teacher. This might be your first grow, but your set up is more advanced than so many beginner journals I've seen on this forum. Gotta give you major respect for that. Not messing around with that 1000w hps/led combo. Your 300 hours of reading grow journals has definitely paid off. I like your plan. Sounds legit. Thanks again for your support!

Hey DB! I hope your big problem is under control and your fan doesn't crap out on you! Looking good over here.

Hey Wmo! Thanks man, I sure hope so too. Came as quite the surprise but I'm not letting it get me down haha. How's your post-harvest/pre-cure going? You had some fat buds hanging up. Hopefully I'm even half as lucky!

What even. That last post is meant for my veg room. Must of had a pretty big stoner moment because I'm normally super careful about that. Flagged the post and asked the moderator to delete it bc I'd rather keep the cfl veg room posts separate.

Anywho. Got some updates. Our first flower cycle is soon approaching! Only two small setbacks. I need to pick up a couple more thick sheets to make sure my main tent is light tight, and I need to be absolutely certain all the thrips are gone. Will take care of sheets today. I read a journal and someone had thrips, thought they were all gone, flipped to flower, and had an outbreak. This is not happening to me. I've been using a steady and generous amount of D.E. I haven't been spraying down my plants before applying. Just hand tossing on and around the plants. This works great for me. Noticed Flow exploded with some growth overnight. You can tell by the green new growth showing in the sea of white haha.
TentUpdate10_22_16.jpg

It's been a real struggle these past 5 months paying off debt. Hardly any bud funds and minimal grocery funds. I just lay in bed awake and restless all night if I don't have anything to smoke. Really ruins my energy and mood for work the next day. So the sooner I can harvest the better. I just want to make this whole process worth my while. I say my girls are big enough that I'd be happy to flip them right now. Assuming they will all double in height except for the mystery strain which will triple. Plus the sooner I can have fewer plants the better. I don't have a license to grow yet but I'm working on it. Everything is so expensive these days. But I'm going to leave the D.E. on for probably another week at least, while doing more treatments as the plants grow. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Good morning 420 magazine. Woke up this morning and checked on my girls. Ezra was looking more and more depressed. Washed off as much of her D.E. as possible to allow her to do more of the photosynthesis. Noticed without the D.E. on, she looks like she has a potassium deficiency. Much regret for too heavy of defol at one time. Bet she would be way healthier had I of kept on some old, bigger leaves. But going forward. She already has lots of water so I'm thinking I should either leave her be to try and heal, or give her a flush before I do the flip to flower to see if that helps. Will do more research but any thoughts, opinions or feedback are always welcome.
SadEzra_2.jpg

EzraPotassiumDeficiency.jpg

EzraDeficiency.jpg

SadEzra.jpg

The mystery strain are pretty lanky, so they are almost at same canopy height as the big girls. This is not great. They are probably heavy sativa but that means they'll triple in height if not more. Not a big deal but as I said, they are starting to get pretty tall. I'll tie them down as the grow progresses, I just hope they don't grow straight past or into the lights! Hope you're all having a relaxing weekend :ganjamon:

Hola everyone, hope you're all doing well! I was hoping Ezra would perk up after I washed off most of the D.E. But that was not the case.. She looked sad when I left for work but she looked like garbage when I got back home. Not sure if there was a nutrient lockout or salt build up or what. But I decided that it was time for our first ever Flush! I kind of jumped into this one without much research. Probably should have done a quick google before hand, however I think it went okay. I will base the success of my flush on whether or not Ezra's health improves.
EzraBeforeFirstFlush.jpg

SadEzra10_23_16.jpg

SadEzra_2_10_23_16.jpg

EzraInTheTub.jpg

EzraDuringFlush.jpg

EzraInTheTub_2_10_23_16.jpg

EzraAfterFlush_2_10_23_16.jpg

EzraAfterFlush.jpg

Ezra the Aurora Indica is 115 days old today. Really hope she pulls through. Staying positive!

Well that did not sound good at all... Oh my.. Was just doing some final computer things before bed when I hear this horrifying grinding sound like something got stuck in my exhaust fan. But it has so much silver tape on the connections there's no way anything got stuck in there. I sprinted the two feet over to my main tent, turned on the kitchen stove lights and lowered the speed on the exhaust fan to low (was on high before). Nothing happened. Then I turned it up to almost high and it made the noise again!! :( So I lowered it a bit and it sounds fine for now but I'm worried to change anything or just leave it. Trying to maintain negative air pressure but the intake fan needs a speed control. I thought about it really hard before doing this next thing, but considering the girls are still in veg and I've never had an issue with light leaks so I opened up the tent extremely quickly to take a peek at the fan and filter.

Is that D.E. a dusty kind of thing and could get into your exhaust? (long time ago seen some when we had a pool as a kid, but I don't recall consistency of it). As even the dust would be gritty enough to raise heck with a bearing (or any pivot point for your moving parts).

Is that D.E. a dusty kind of thing and could get into your exhaust? (long time ago seen some when we had a pool as a kid, but I don't recall consistency of it). As even the dust would be gritty enough to raise heck with a bearing (or any pivot point for your moving parts).

Hey UrbanMonk, thanks for your input! The Diatomaceous Earth is very dusty, yes. But the carbon filter I have came with a fabric sleeve to keep out most junk. I noticed a few days ago that the sleeve was starting to get a bit dusty so I blew a few hard breaths on her. Cleaned her right up. My fan is doing good for now on a slightly lower speed. No more horrifying sounds. Gonna leave the fan/filter as they are unless something major breaks down. I'll check the fan out after harvest and pm you if there is a ton of D.E. in her.

Back
Top Bottom