DankestBuds Aurora Indica Grown In Soil

Hey UrbanMonk, thanks for your input! The Diatomaceous Earth is very dusty, yes. But the carbon filter I have came with a fabric sleeve to keep out most junk. I noticed a few days ago that the sleeve was starting to get a bit dusty so I blew a few hard breaths on her. Cleaned her right up. My fan is doing good for now on a slightly lower speed. No more horrifying sounds. Gonna leave the fan/filter as they are unless something major breaks down. I'll check the fan out after harvest and pm you if there is a ton of D.E. in her.

If it is at it's dustiest when you are applying it, then might be a good idea to shut air down while you are applying it and then turn it back on. As that stuff is "gritty" is why it works on the bugs, so just like the Sawmill I worked at the sawdust would do a number on the bearings even though they were "sealed" bearings and their life expectancy was a lot less than in many other factory settings. And I bet the fine particles of that stuff has jagged edges same as the bigger pieces.

Hey everyone. Ezra my 4month old Aurora Indica is not doing so good.. Thought she perked up a little after the flush but she looks worse by the day..

This is her now
SadestEzra2016.jpg

This was her a while ago
Tent09_22_16.jpg

Was using bottle nutes as directed by the feeding schedule. Would use nutes one week and water the next, then repeat, except for the past 2-3 weeks I've been using just straight tap water, gave Ezra a heavy defol in attempts to get light to the lowest budsites, then used strong nutes. But ever since the defol she has been getting worse and worse. Gave her a flush yesterday with 3x her pot size of tap water except for the last 2L which was very mild nutrient solution. Thought she perked up a little after the flush but I'm starting to worry about her.. Think she might have a phosphorous deficiency based off the cannabis deficiency chart but her soil is super damp still from the flush so I'm not sure if more nutes would help or just harm her further. Any and all opinions are welcome! Please send help!

If it is at it's dustiest when you are applying it, then might be a good idea to shut air down while you are applying it and then turn it back on. As that stuff is "gritty" is why it works on the bugs, so just like the Sawmill I worked at the sawdust would do a number on the bearings even though they were "sealed" bearings and their life expectancy was a lot less than in many other factory settings. And I bet the fine particles of that stuff has jagged edges same as the bigger pieces.

That's a good idea man. Will definitely shut down the fans when applying D.E.
Cheers homie

Hello everyone. I don't want to jinx anything but I think Ezra is improving a little. Up potted Flow last night from a 2gal fabric pot to a 7gal(30L). Almost didn't have enough soil so I had to sacrifice a couple of my tomato seedlings but it all worked out in the end. I also changed my oscillating fan position so now it blows evenly over all of the plants canopy! Only downside is Walmart hasn't restocked the same oscillating fan in over a month.. I even went up island and they're sold out there too. Could really use a second for the flower stretch but I'll make it work with what I have.

Not enough soil for Flow..
NotEnoughSoilForFlow.jpg

Just enough!
JustEnoughSoilForFlow.jpg

First Fan Position
FirstFanPosition.jpg

Second Fan position and Flow Up Potted
FlowUpPotted1.jpg

Hoping Ezra improves rapidly. I'm thinking of flipping to flower tonight or tomorrow at 11. Yeah it's a bit early considering how sad Ezra looked a couple days ago, but she has improved, plus all my other plants are prime, and I need the bud asap. Still going to take a few months of flower and a few months cure.
EzraGettingBetter1.jpg

TentUpdate10_26_161.jpg

NOOO. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I Blew out 4/6 outlets in my apartment.... NOOOOOOOO. All lights and all fans stopped in both my grow rooms. Didn't think I'd get them back on at all but I managed to connect a few extension cords together from the two working outlets and everything is back up and running for now. Lights were only off for 10-20 minutes so not a huge deal. As long as I don't blow anymore outlets I should make it to harvest. Fingers crossed. Don't want to ask my landlord to come fix them because I feel like he might get suspicious. I was down to ride this grow out, disassemble after harvest and then ask him to come by and fix them, then set back up haha. But my girlfriend was offended by this offer and mentioned that our landlord has seen the tent many times and hasn't said anything, plus pest control and internet guy came by and neither said anything. So the gf texted the landlord and he's coming by Friday to check things out. Hopefully he's chill about it all. Kind of lame I can't game or watch netflix, plus charging my gear is going to be a pain. But hopefully everything gets fixed and I can keep doing what I'm doing.

Decided to change the light schedule to 12/12. Lights off at 11pm tonight and back on at 11am. Glad I have tomorrow off so I can watch the grass grow haha. I've been as patient as possible but I need this harvest sooner than later and I feel like my girls are big enough now to make the flip. I will mark tomorrow as their first day of Flower and keep my posts to once a week. Easier to keep track of I say.

This is what I have going on in my main tent: Ezra the Feminized Aurora Indica from Nirvana is my oldest girl and first successful cannabis plant. Sprouted on July 1st that makes her 118 days old today. 30L fabric pot. She is looking better by the hour so that's why I'm okay with flipping tonight. Athena the Kish of God (bagseed) sprouted 10 days after Ezra making her 108 days old today. 30L fabric pot. She took quite the tumble when I was doing the car dash, but she has since taken her struggles and thrived off them! Flow my second Feminized Aurora Indica seed sprouted July 16th making her 102 days old today. I expect big things from her now that she has been up potted to a 30L fabric pot. Regular Mystery Strain Freebies from Nirvana: Germinated two, one was a dud, the other ended up being a male so I chopped him, then germinated 4 more seeds, all sprouted on July 19th, two were males so I gave one to a friend and chopped the other. There are currently two left, each in 2gal fabric pots. Still unsure if they are male or female but if they're male I'll just put them in my veg room. Last but not least there's the 5 AI clones, started as clippings from Ezra on August 28th. All in 2gal fabric pots. Some are pretty bushy with their amount of tops. Of the five, there are the two tri-node clones. One topped and one Untopped. Considering all my other plants are working on their bush, I really like the untopped tri-node clone. Looks like a cute little Christmas tree. Except better than any Christmas tree I've ever seen haha. All my plants have been topped fairly recently so I'm hoping this slows down stretch a little.

Had some thrips from using outside soil (stupidest mistake this grow) which was a huge annoyance to deal with. Really hope they're all gone. I am in the middle of washing off most of the D.E. before lights out at 11pm. I did put a generous amount of D.E. around the base of each stem so that nothing can crawl up my girls. Kind of pointless now that I'm washing the girls down as it soaks up all the moisture and turns to mush then soft rock. But I still have more to use throughout flower on the soil. Haven't seen any thrips in ages but I want to play it safe just in case. Better safe than sorry eh.

I also hung a couple more sheets up to make certain the tent is light tight and gave the clones a nice watering. I am so ready for the flip. I have been ready ever since I started reading about growing your own bud way back in March. There is certainly much to be improved for my next grow cycle. But one thing at a time. I just don't know when I'll change from the MH to HPS bulb. I hear some people leave in their MH for a week to reduce stretching. The mystery strain freebies are super lanky and already taller than the clones even after some hst and bondage. So I think I'll leave in the MH until next Wednesday. I'm also thinking that when it is time to change the bulb next week, I'll unplug the lights after they turn off, then when their 12 hours are up, open the tent and quickly change the bulbs, then plug the lights back in. This way they get the full 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness, but the night cycle will still be broken when I open the tent from natural light. Plus a couple seconds of light lost isn't a huge deal. Then 600 watts of pure HPS awesomeness :D

Freshly washed
FreshlyWashedCannabis.jpg

Starting to dry out
SlightlyDryCannabis.jpg

My apologies for the long post. However you wont be hearing from me for another week so I wanted to get all the important stuff in. Hope you're all doing well! Stay frosty :ganjamon:

Hi Dankest, Ezra is looking much happier! I counted about 30-40 potential bud sites on her upper canopy, which should be pretty sweet once you start flowering her. :goodjob: You may want to give her some more Nitrogen, she looks pretty light green compared to the others and you want the plants to have enough nutrients to carry them through the stretch. I noticed the same thing with Queen Sativa in my grow, she was bigger and lighter green than the other 3 and was always hungry for more Nitrogen.

Using the MH for the first week or so of flower to reduce stretching sounds like a solid idea. Having nice tight node spacing seems to be one of the biggest factors in final yield, since you want to maximize the amount of light getting to each bud in order to build nice fat colas. One of my biggest annoyances with my grow is how much Queen Sativa stretched, because a lot of each cola (especially the lower part) is stem and not bud, which could have probably been mitigated by keeping the MH light in longer. It will also be nice for those smaller plants that you mentioned are lanky.

Overall great work and looking forward to your next update! :)

Hey Dankestbuds, ive been gone off the site for about a month but i have my second Aurora Indica Growing in the veg cycle right now. Do you have a ph meter that you are using to check the input/output of the plants run off? If the ph is too high or too low the plant will lockout certain nutrients and your plant will suffer. As Thefrizz suggested it looks like you have a nitrogen deficiency and it needs to be fixed immediately especially since you flipped to flower and the first 3 weeks is when the bud sets form and is very important. i would also suggest a ppm meter, so you know the total number of dissolved solids in the water, Water quality is very important especially when certain places like where i live the tap water has a starting ppm of 295 straight out of the faucet according to my meter. The Distilled water i bought from my first grow has a starting ppm of 0-2 ppm , you can see how things can easily get out of hand with "hard water" and explains how 2 different growers feeding the same strength nutrients recommended by feeding schedule one grower might have a ppm difference of nearly 300 which is a BIG DEAL. i have read it widely depends on strains but for veg you should go no higher than 7-850 ppm and bump it up in flower then slowly lower it back down. these are two things that i should have did my first grow that caused my yield to suffer. $30 will get you both meters on amazon and save you a ton of time and increase your yield. Happy growing, hope all goes well.

Hi Dankest, Ezra is looking much happier! I counted about 30-40 potential bud sites on her upper canopy, which should be pretty sweet once you start flowering her. :goodjob: You may want to give her some more Nitrogen, she looks pretty light green compared to the others and you want the plants to have enough nutrients to carry them through the stretch. I noticed the same thing with Queen Sativa in my grow, she was bigger and lighter green than the other 3 and was always hungry for more Nitrogen.

Using the MH for the first week or so of flower to reduce stretching sounds like a solid idea. Having nice tight node spacing seems to be one of the biggest factors in final yield, since you want to maximize the amount of light getting to each bud in order to build nice fat colas. One of my biggest annoyances with my grow is how much Queen Sativa stretched, because a lot of each cola (especially the lower part) is stem and not bud, which could have probably been mitigated by keeping the MH light in longer. It will also be nice for those smaller plants that you mentioned are lanky.

Overall great work and looking forward to your next update! :)

Hey Frizz! Glad to hear from ya. Ezra is getting healthier by the day! I gave her a flush with 3x her pot size (88L) of tap water and 2L of mild veg nutes. Took way too many trips from the sink to the bathtub haha. But a success! It might be hard to tell from the pics I'll throw up in a minute but all of her leaves are perking back up! She is building strength even if some of her leaves are still discolored. But. About 4 or 5 of her tops are turning dark green and growing very healthy. I'm thinking the rest will follow in time.

So many tops I don't know where to put them all haha. It's great. 30-40 is a very respectable number I'd say. Thanks! But I think there is much to be improved for the next run. I did give all of the plants a dose of entry level flower nutes and they're loving it. All their leaves are starting to stretch and grow nice healthy new leaves, plus there are pistils starting to show up all over the place. Usually just two on each side of a node so far. I appreciate your input but I kind of think it's a phosphorous deficiency. After seeing such improvements from the entry level flower nutes, which have more P, and those super nice looking new leaves. My instincts are telling me to continue down the flower cycle as planned and all will fall into place. I hope. Idk, the rest of my girls are still looking super happy and healthy and Ezra is getting there haha. Hope all is well in your garden and life. :high-five:

Hey Dankestbuds, ive been gone off the site for about a month but i have my second Aurora Indica Growing in the veg cycle right now. Do you have a ph meter that you are using to check the input/output of the plants run off? If the ph is too high or too low the plant will lockout certain nutrients and your plant will suffer. As Thefrizz suggested it looks like you have a nitrogen deficiency and it needs to be fixed immediately especially since you flipped to flower and the first 3 weeks is when the bud sets form and is very important. i would also suggest a ppm meter, so you know the total number of dissolved solids in the water, Water quality is very important especially when certain places like where i live the tap water has a starting ppm of 295 straight out of the faucet according to my meter. The Distilled water i bought from my first grow has a starting ppm of 0-2 ppm , you can see how things can easily get out of hand with "hard water" and explains how 2 different growers feeding the same strength nutrients recommended by feeding schedule one grower might have a ppm difference of nearly 300 which is a BIG DEAL. i have read it widely depends on strains but for veg you should go no higher than 7-850 ppm and bump it up in flower then slowly lower it back down. these are two things that i should have did my first grow that caused my yield to suffer. $30 will get you both meters on amazon and save you a ton of time and increase your yield. Happy growing, hope all goes well.

Hey ZoGrowsGreen, Go team Aurora Indica! I actually don't ph anything to be honest. I bought a ph meter and a ppm meter online, plus my ph adjuster came with a ph dropper test kit. I used to test the ph a fair bit but I felt like I was adding way too much ph adjuster so I just stopped adjusting/checking ph altogether. Haven't tested ph in ages, but Athena, Flow, and all the clones are rocking it haha. I'm even starting to see some stretch on all the plants! For the plants in 2gallon fabric pots I usually don't check ph unless an issue pops up. Then I check runoff after next watering. For the bigger girls. Because their pots take a while longer to dry up, I should probably get in the habit of checking their ph. I don't water them often so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

I find the water here is safe for me and (currently) my tomato and cantaloupe seedlings, plus all my other houseplants over the years so I feel like it's safe for my cannabis plants too. I appreciate your suggestions homie. However I gotta be straight up with ya. I'm not super into the whole ppm thing for now. Just a bit too advanced for me haha. I definitely agree with what you have to say and I think there is a lot of value in your comments. But for now I want to be a real casual grower if you catch my drift haha. Plants seem to be improving on a daily basis which has me at ease. Really appreciate your support!

Hola everyone. Week One of flower cycle is complete!
Two things to mention: 1. The lights have been freaking the heck out a little. At the beginning of the flip they randomly shut down for no reason so I had to reset everything and I hate it when the lights don't stick to their schedule. Plus my girlfriend texted me while I was at work saying she used her space heater and the lights tripped like 4 times apparently. I feel like I would be using way less power if I had LED. But anyway. Was a little worried that might cause some hermies or something but I'm hoping all will be fine. The lights are set to 12/12. They were originally flipped at 11:19 but then being a stoner in combination with the light surges I messed that up slightly and they are now set to turn off at 11:24 or something. I set the pins on the timer 12 hrs apart so I'm assuming they come on at that time. I usually have work at 9am so I'm not always home to watch them. I think they are back on track now which is good.
2. Because I topped most of the plants other than Ezra, I thought they might be a little slow during stretch. This has shown to be true. Topped plants wont stretch as much as untopped healthy plants. But I did change the MH to an HPS bulb. Just starting to see the first bit of stretch across the board. Would really like to see more but we're just starting week two so plenty of time to go. I like the lights, very Halloween themed haha.

TentUpdate11_02_161.jpg

TentSideShotFlowerWeekOne.jpg

FullTent11_02_16.jpg

This is what happens when you defol too much. Stay safe folks.
TooMuchDefol.jpg

My first attempt at a FIM. Think it's going alright. Did a few just to see if I could get one right.
MysteryStrainFIM.jpg

Also, I noticed some bare spots in the tent so I germinated my last 4 mystery strain freebies and 3 took. Doing a few 12/12 from seed just to try my luck.
Here is #1 (a beast compared to the others, super big and thick stem and leaves)
12_12_MysteryStrain_1.jpg

12_12_MysteryStrain_2.jpg

12_12_MysteryStrain_3.jpg

I need to work on my patience. I keep remembering there's still 3 months of flower and 6 months of curing until primo smoke is ready. That's so long. I wish I had more space to work with but sometimes you just have to work with what you've got. Watering is going to be a bit of a pain. Had to take out all the drain treys to fit in all the girls. I just take them out to water them one at a time. Not sure if that will still fly near end of flower when the plants start to smell. We'll see.

As for air flow. It's pretty decent. No more hiccups with the exhaust fan which is chill. My small super cheap Walmart oscillating fan is still trucking along. I think Urban Monk may be right about the D.E. Noticed it was sticking to a lot of the inside parts of this oscillating fan. Hopefully it's not too serious.

Haven't seen any thrips in ages. I still use D.E. as a precautionary measure though. Just as a light top dressing when soil is dry + around the base of the stem.

But yeah. Plants keep improving and pistils are growing everywhere. So hopefully they just keep on improving.
Stay frosty :ganjamon:

Looks like they are moving right along and looking good, hopefully you don't have any more power issues (but you may be putting a strain on the circuits a bit ;) ). Might be tougher to move them around to water them later into flower, guess depends if they double in size or not, as might get kinda tight in there then but time will tell. Hopefully you are done with the hiccups and it goes smooth the rest of the way thru the grow.

Hey all. Sorry for the late post. Lots has gone down lately and some big changes are headed my way.. My almost 5 year long relationship ended today. Which means I need to move out asap. Thinking January 1st if not sooner. Might have to chop early then downsize after moving. Downsizing isn't exciting but it'd be something to keep me going.

Today marks Week 3 of flower! Buds are starting to form and look absolutely stunning in person. Pistils everywhere. My IPhone camera kind of sucks with the lighting though. Only issue is I think Athena my biggest girl might be a hermaphrodite. Not entirely sure on that. Noticed some balls growing as well as pistils but upon later inspection I noticed one of those balls open up and pistils shot out. She still has a ton of nice looking buds forming so I don't want to chop her if I don't have to. A little seedy bud would be very alright with me as long as it's just the one plant. Plus free feminized seeds.

Here are the three mystery strain I started from seed on 12/12 light cycle. Week two for them.
12_12_MysteryStrain.jpg

A little hard to get the camera to focus but here is a ball on Athena that is unopened and one that is opened and has pistils coming out.
AthenaHermies.jpg

Athena out of the tent
AthenaTopShotWeekThreeOOT.jpg

AthenaWeekThreeOOT.jpg

Ezra out of the tent
EzraTopShotWeekThree.jpg

EzraWeekThreeOOT.jpg

Flowering Action
AthenaWeekThree.jpg

EzraWeekThree.jpg

FloweringAction.jpg

PistilAction11_10_16.jpg

TentUpdateWeekThree.jpg

My goal is to get as close to 12 weeks as possible before harvest. Probably going to have to do the chop early though. I'm not comfortable bringing my huge a** grow tent set up to my soon to be new apartment, and my ex is pressuring me to get out of our current place. If an early harvest is absolutely necessary then I'll do it, but my next grow will be permanent and perpetual. Even if smaller. Gotta keep the dream alive!

Hola. So I have some bad news. I've been noticing the shiny markings of thrip damage on the leaves of my un topped tri node clone for a little while. Definitely saw a thrip on her yesterday. Took her out immediately and chopped her down. No flush or anything. Cant risk further spreading. If the thrips have made it this far after all the D.E. then I don't have very high hopes. Worst case scenario I start over from scratch and just grow one huge plant.
I have 14 foot ceiling so I want to get a Gorilla Grow Tent with height extensions to make my tent almost 14'. Then I'd just need some side lighting and I could grow a plant taller than me haha. I also want to upgrade my fans and filters to more compact versions to save valuable grow space.
But for now all is peaceful in the flower tent. Ezra is looking maximum healthiness which is awesome. But because I flipped when she was sick and most of my girls were recently topped, they definitely did NOT double/tripple in height as I've been warned about thoroughly. Was expecting more growth but that's not a big issue. I'll just be stoked to make it to harvest with no more thrip problems. On to week four now. I'm thinking 12 weeks but we'll see as we go. Temps are unknown as I can't rest my thermometer at canopy level but it's not too hot for me or my hands so I say it's good. Air circulation is on point. Now it's just a matter of watering, feeding, and waiting.

FlowerTentWeek4.jpg

AthenaBuds.jpg

MysteryStrain.jpg

MoreMysteryStrain.jpg

TentUpdateWeek4.jpg

I am compiling a Christmas wish list for seeds I want to try.
Here's what I have so far: Frisian Dew, Blue Dream, White Widow, Master Kush, Kaya Gold, Girlscout Cookies ($100 for 6 seeds so you know they're dank genetics), Vanilla Kush, and Pineapple Express. There's a million other strains I want to try but this will be good to start with.

Hey Dank. Sorry to hear about your relationship. I hope it winds up being for the better for you. Plants are looking good but the pic of the ball is a little worrisome, if it drops pollen so your plants will have seeds and thc will be lower because of it. Kim no expert so you might post more pics and try to get other input. I think pH is supposed to be very important in nute grows which I hated with my first grow, now im doing doc buds high brix kit and you don't have to check pH. You should look into it, very relaxed growing, some day boring and results are amazing from what I've seen, im 21 days into flower so can't say from experience yet but expect some great produce.

I hope things start to level of for you real soon!

:passitleft:

Hey Dank. Sorry to hear about your relationship. I hope it winds up being for the better for you. Plants are looking good but the pic of the ball is a little worrisome, if it drops pollen so your plants will have seeds and thc will be lower because of it. Kim no expert so you might post more pics and try to get other input. I think pH is supposed to be very important in nute grows which I hated with my first grow, now im doing doc buds high brix kit and you don't have to check pH. You should look into it, very relaxed growing, some day boring and results are amazing from what I've seen, im 21 days into flower so can't say from experience yet but expect some great produce.

I hope things start to level of for you real soon!

:passitleft:

Hey man. Thanks for your support. Shit is definitely hitting the fan but I'm hoping once I move to a safer location I can be more regular on this site. I think I over-reacted with the whole hermi thing though. Seems like those balls I saw opened up and turned into flowers. I had one male mystery strain and the balls looked exactly the same only the ones in my flower tent turned into flowers. All is flowing along. Watering is the only thing that's a bit of a pain with 17 cannabis plants and like 30 fruit plants. Definitely want to try doc buds kit one day. I've heard great things. Hope you're doing well bud.

Will upload pics after work. Just wanted to post a little something to keep my thread alive.

So a little while ago I noticed my un-topped tri node clone had some thrip markings on her leaves. Out of panic I chopped her. Didn't flush at all or dry the bud enough so the 6 or so grams went moldy. Gross. Freed up some space though which is always nice. Now there are my three girls in 30L fabric pots. Athena the Kish of God, plus Ezra and Flow the Aurora Indica. Then there are the 4 AI clones and 4 mystery strain. As well I recently put a lemon plant, cantaloupe plant, and tomato plant in the corner to see if anything happens.

So my first grow has been a huge learning process but there are two areas that I really messed up on.
Firstly, using outside soil. Wouldn't have got thrips if I just used my pre-packaged soil. Plus I wouldn't have wasted money, time, or energy trying to deal with them.
Secondly, overcrowding my grow space. I could have had much bigger plants if there was less of them. Ezra was my biggest and healthiest plant for the longest time. But after my focus was divided between more and more plants, she got a little lost in the mix. Every day that passes I see the potential that could have been instead of what is. Not trying to be a downer. Just for next time I'm going to wait until my plants are at maximum healthiness before flipping.

I read a lot about cannabis plants doubling in size when you flip to flower. This was so untrue for me. Because my plants were recently topped before flipping, as well as Ezra's unhealthy state, it severely impacted the flowering stretch period. Didn't double, hardly grew at all. Mainly stayed the same size but grew buds.

I think it might be a good idea to ride this grow out, harvest, and then for my next round just do one plant. Easier to maintain, easier to stay on top of. Hope you're all doing well. Stay frosty.

Half Full Tent
HalfFullTent.jpg

Kish Of God
KishofGod.jpg

Size Comparison
CannabisFukYea.jpg

Flow
Flow6.jpg

Ezra
Ezra1.jpg

Clones
Clone68.jpg

Clones166.jpg

I apologize for the poor photo quality. The lights mess with my camera. But I assure you there are large buds forming over here. I'll be honest I was expecting a lot more out of this grow. But I know where I hurt my final yield at least. There was a few factors at play. With all the small plants in there, it really limited their potential and final size. Topping right before flipping to flower was a terrible decision and is something I will never do again. Basically used all the plants energy to heal instead of stretch. Resulting in very small plants during flower. Live and learn though. To be straight up, I haven't been giving my garden my full attention lately. Waterings have been pretty spaced out and I haven't been maxing the plants out on nutes to get most efficient growth. Plus my oscillating fan fell on Flow twice (don't know for how long, I'm guessing over 10-20 hours). But Surprisingly Flow bounced back even in flower. Still going to get a decent harvest if all goes as planned.

I think I'm two months into flower, I'll have to check earlier posts to get a more specific timeline. I'm already starting to see a lot of the white hairs turn orange and curling a bit. Think there might be another month or two to go. We'll see. I don't have one of those nifty usb microscope. But I do have a High Powered Lab Microscope that will hopefully work just as well. Goes up to 600x magnification if not higher which is dope. Maybe I can see what the trichomes are made of lol.

After these girls are ready to harvest, I'm going to empty the tent and clean it like there is no tomorrow. Just a touch of bleach to make sure my tent is free of any thrip anything. Let it air dry a bit. Then I'll hang dry the plants upside down for a while. Not quite there yet but I've got a plan. Also, for next cycle, I want to try growing just one plant huge. Would make watering 10x easier than dealing with 11 or so individual plants.

That's all for now, stay frosty everyone.

Well. It truly saddens me to say this, but my garden is mostly gone. Chopped all but one of my plants down. No time for a flush or any drying. I was less than a month away from harvest and I just started backbuilding. Lesson to be learned? MAKE SURE your roomates are chill. Or don't have roommates. I'm going to go with the latter after my recent experiences. I have strong reasons to believe my ex called the police on me, but she refuses to answer when I ask if she actually did. Not sure if they're going to show up or if she's just trying to sketch me out. Better safe than sorry though. Plus she'll be leaving soon and then I can start over from scratch while still keeping up all my tent equipment. I still have 3 Aurora Indica seeds.

BUT. ALL IS NOT LOST. I managed to cram Flow the Aurora Indica and my Kish of God clone in the dishwasher hahaha. Figured it's the one place in my small apartment that no one would think to look for plants. I am also trying my luck at freezing a fatty cannabis clipping to see if she can still resume growth after she warms back up. Fingers crossed. I just really hate to throw a perfectly good plant in the garbage.

So yeah. Really sucked chopping down plants that were SO FREAKING CLOSE TO HARVEST on top of everything in my veg room. Especially after waiting day in and day out for over half a year. But I did save the buds and I'm going to try and make some pot butter. Might as well instead of just throwing them out. Man this is kind of a let down haha. But if I can do it once, I can do it again!

I'll keep you posted on what happens with my last plant.

Sorry to hear man.

Hey Dirt! Been a little while. However all is not lost! Finally have the place all to myself, so I'm back at it! Growing just one Aurora Indica this time so I can give her my full attention. I did manage to get about 10-15 grams off my last (first) grow, it's been surprisingly dank. Even without the flush which surprised me most. Lots to improve for my next cycle here. Hope you're doing well bud :)

Damn, sorry to see you got screwed so close to harvest, they were looking good. after reading through all these posts, did not see that ending coming "what a twist".

Hey Demon42069. Yeah man, I was sooooo close to harvest too. Months and months of tending to the garden, and biking massive 50L bags of dirt across town to get best deals. But it was a huge learning experience and I'm grateful I'm still in a position to grow my absolute favorite plant.

Back
Top Bottom