Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

Here's one pic from yesterday. I've got time today to take a few more....but this is the boring part of the grow. Plenty pics to come later! (also this evening)

Picture_001292.jpg

The plants are large....green and happy. Roots are still hooking into the soil, so we should see some good stuff in a few days.

That is a lot of green. This is gonna be nice to see the buds grow from the beginning (first subbed current grow by you) the rest I had 1000's post is seemed.) I am in awe of your grows doc. Good luck keeping the lemon paki til the cup I'm sure your bud is in high demand.

That is a lot of green. This is gonna be nice to see the buds grow from the beginning (first subbed current grow by you) the rest I had 1000's post is seemed.) I am in awe of your grows doc. Good luck keeping the lemon paki til the cup I'm sure your bud is in high demand.

No pistils yet. They've had 3 days under the new lights and it appears they need a few more days for the roots to fully kick into gear. Still not out of week one of bloom.....

I'm expecting the posture of the plants to pick up in the dark cycle, which would indicate the roots are fully involved in the soil. I expect I'm hitting them with more PAR than they've ever had before, as they perk up something fierce when the lights are on. I'll get a couple pic today.

We've got 12 weeks of this, folks. Sit back, be patient and we'll watch it all unfold.

It looks like you have 8 plants total under those 2 lights the next month is gonna be great to see how they change. Will you be compositing this grow to the grow with the g 8
LEDs. I can't wait to get moved and started with the high brix and the platinum led lights I think I will be running 3 p600 in a 4x8 tent for doing 6 good sizes plants

It looks like you have 8 plants total under those 2 lights the next month is gonna be great to see how they change. Will you be compositing this grow to the grow with the g 8
LEDs. I can't wait to get moved and started with the high brix and the platinum led lights I think I will be running 3 p600 in a 4x8 tent for doing 6 good sizes plants

This grow can't really be compared to my previous grow with the G8-600's because these lights are much larger and much more expensive.....so it doesn't lend itself well to direct comparison.

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

I've heard of people having problems with LED and digital timers...anyone have a good recommendation?

I have mine plugged into a switch box so they aren't directly hooked up to the timer. The timer merely turns on the 240 at the box.

More pics of the early stages:

Picture_007230.jpg

Picture_006251.jpg

Picture_005271.jpg

There's not much to see yet....healthy plants, good stems. Brix will rise in the next few weeks and we should begin to see what's up.

I can tell that they're getting LOTS of light, because they are 'sleepin' more in the dark cycle than normal, which is what happens when photosynthesis in the leaves gets a bit ahead of what the roots can keep up with.

That's a result of the extreme amounts of PAR, and I expect this to change soon. They are looking better today than yesterday.

What lights were you running in this room before this grow Doc? I would be interested in knowing the temperature difference if you went from 2-3 1k hps' to these two bad boys!

In the recent past I ran 2 1000 watt HPS over the same tray as these lights. As far as temps go, my set up is such that the temps are always where I want them, barring power failure or something breaking or dying. (AC, dehum, etc.) It seems that the 2 P1200's put out about the same or less heat as 2 vented 1000watt HPS.

lol...that's how my Blue Dream looks in the morning. I've likened it to standing close to a tesla coil. They are sticking out in all directions as hard as they can.

So now that it has been a few day can you tell any difference on how the plant react to the different LEDs. Just curious if you think on spectrum was better tuned than the other

So now that it has been a few day can you tell any difference on how the plant react to the different LEDs. Just curious if you think on spectrum was better tuned than the other

It's not a fair comparison, for many reasons.

The plants looked PERFECT under the G8's......they look nearly perfect under the P1200's.....but the plants were more root bound to start the current grow and they're getting much more PAR....so keep watching and if there are any differences, they'll become apparent.

I suspect both lights will do a fantastic job.

Back
Top Bottom