Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc, I have something here that just doesn't look right. These little plants were moved twice and no doubt aren't real happy about it, but they're back home now and after putting them back, I sprayed them with some de-stress. They perked up really right away (as soon as they had dried mostly, they lifted their leaves a bit towards the light), but the next day their leaves were twisted quite profoundly.

As a measure to remedy (thinking getting back to ground zero) I gave them an Transplant drench (1/2 gal RO with 1/4 oz Transplant and 1ml Tea bubbled for 40 mins split evenly between the two) 2 days later. That was 2 days ago. They look better and may simply need some more time to fully shake off their move, but I wanted to put a couple pics here for some feedback. The last week or so they were in the tent with the big hempy 8-ball kush and they got a bit light-starved. That was a week ago when they were moved back to the cabinet.

Here is the Blue Dream

BD4_11_20_14.JPG

BD1_11_20_14.JPG

BD3_11_20_14.JPG

BD2_11_20_14.JPG

and here is the high brix 8bk

8bkhb2_11_20_14.JPG

8bkhb1_11_20_14.JPG

8bkhb_top_11_20_14.JPG

They aren't dying, but something just seems not right either. So, I've repopulated the soil, but I'm wondering if there isn't something up with the de-stress. There was another time they exhibited this symptom after de-stress, but I attributed it to them possibly being too young (they had their 5th node pushing out though).

so...what do you think?

:cool:

Hey Doc, I have something here that just doesn't look right. These little plants were moved twice and no doubt aren't real happy about it, but they're back home now and after putting them back, I sprayed them with some de-stress. They perked up really right away (as soon as they had dried mostly, they lifted their leaves a bit towards the light), but the next day their leaves were twisted quite profoundly.

As a measure to remedy (thinking getting back to ground zero) I gave them an Transplant drench (1/2 gal RO with 1/4 oz Transplant and 1ml Tea bubbled for 40 mins split evenly between the two) 2 days later. That was 2 days ago. They look better and may simply need some more time to fully shake off their move, but I wanted to put a couple pics here for some feedback. The last week or so they were in the tent with the big hempy 8-ball kush and they got a bit light-starved. That was a week ago when they were moved back to the cabinet.

Here is the Blue Dream

BD4_11_20_14.JPG

BD1_11_20_14.JPG

BD3_11_20_14.JPG

BD2_11_20_14.JPG

and here is the high brix 8bk

8bkhb2_11_20_14.JPG

8bkhb1_11_20_14.JPG

8bkhb_top_11_20_14.JPG

They aren't dying, but something just seems not right either. So, I've repopulated the soil, but I'm wondering if there isn't something up with the de-stress. There was another time they exhibited this symptom after de-stress, but I attributed it to them possibly being too young (they had their 5th node pushing out though).

so...what do you think?

:cool:

Definitely something not right....

Make sure you're not overwatering, give them plenty of light, and they should be fine because the new growth looks decent. The tall, spindly look is definitely the plant seeking the light.

Spray no more than twice a week with the DeStress and just be patient. I think they'll be fine.

Did they get real cold for a while?

Thanks for that Doc. The other guys said the same thing. I think they might have not been allowed to dry enough so, will let it get crispy and just watch the plants. I can keep a much closer eye on them in my cabinet, and they have all the light they can stand in there.

:peace::cool:

Piggy back question. My plants had a cold two days and one stretched quite a bit under the leds. Could the cold have caused it?

Edit... Only one plant out of 8 stretched, was in kit soil so I ask. No others stretched, the other of same strain on kit soil had no stretch, both same distance from same light. Others of same strain also had no stretching in home made soil mix.

Piggy back question. My plants had a cold two days and one stretched quite a bit under the leds. Could the cold have caused it?

Edit... Only one plant out of 8 stretched, was in kit soil so I ask. No others stretched, the other of same strain on kit soil had no stretch, both same distance from same light. Others of same strain also had no stretching in home made soil mix.

Are you seed or clone?

If seed, those two of the same strain might be different phenotypes.

If by clone, then I'd look to these issues, in more or less this order of likelihood:

1. Uneven lighting
2. cold spot in the room, IE pot is on concrete and others are on risers, etc., AC vent....that type of thing.
3. Was soil really well mixed? If not, you might have a concentration of something in the one pot by sheer bad luck. It will even out in bloom, when more soil is around the roots.

If no to all of those, chalk it up to random weirdness. I've had plants do some really bizarre stuff before for no apparent reason, including up and die! Sometimes they just don't grow. Cull it, don't give it a second thought and put all your energy into the healthy plants.

I cull a plant every cycle, sometimes for no other reason than to manage the canopy, other times because there's more thripes than I like, or maybe I was careless and the top grew into the lights and got burned....or if the plant looks at me wrong.

If your environment is in range and your soil was well mixed, it's just random weirdness.

Hey doc, while I'm waiting on acquiring some seeds I picked up a clone and popped it in a 1 gal with your high brix soil on 12/12 next to another flowering plant, it's been 4 weeks already and the plants lookin good of course but my question is whether I should bother with up canning it or let it go another 4? And if anyone can tell me how to add a picture here I will post one up.

Yea them damn thrips are annoying. Seems they are taking over in the nuisance category. I have a habit of wanting to pull off damaged or unsightly leaves.

I honestly think letting the bugs run wild has helped my soil. You can't tell there's mites or thripes, but sometimes I'll look at the bottom of a few leaves and see the little buggers. They don't look too good...lots of dead adults, very few eggs.

Hey doc, while I'm waiting on acquiring some seeds I picked up a clone and popped it in a 1 gal with your high brix soil on 12/12 next to another flowering plant, it's been 4 weeks already and the plants lookin good of course but my question is whether I should bother with up canning it or let it go another 4? And if anyone can tell me how to add a picture here I will post one up.

If it's been 4 weeks, you need to upcan pronto. There's a photo tutorial at the top of one of the forums somewhere.....

FINALLY! The beans are in the HB soil and we're watered with 1/4 strength transplant until the soil was of perfect moistness! Words can not express the how happy I am to finally get this started. The excitement in my house is palpable. The father and I have been following your threads for the last year and it's HAPPENING!

Just curious, how often should the freshly sprouted seedlings be watered? Just when the soil looks dry? I'm used o Rockwood which is hard to over water.

FINALLY! The beans are in the HB soil and we're watered with 1/4 strength transplant until the soil was of perfect moistness! Words can not express the how happy I am to finally get this started. The excitement in my house is palpable. The father and I have been following your threads for the last year and it's HAPPENING!

Just curious, how often should the freshly sprouted seedlings be watered? Just when the soil looks dry? I'm used o Rockwood which is hard to over water.

Jamba....welcome aboard bro!!:cheer: Wait till you and your circle try some nice H.B. produce.You will no doubt become a snob like the rest of us.:high-five: All the "gang" will be here for you if you have any Q's. and Doc is always on top of things and has us all spoiled ya know.Cheers eh!
About your question....it's a good idea to feel how heavy your pots are when they're fairly dry...get used to that Ok...during these first few weeks it's very important to let the soil dry out but not too dry.This causes the roots to branch out,and fill the pot. Growth will seem slow up top...that's ok...when the roots get "hooked up" you will start to really see things happen. Once again ,welcome Jamba!:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom