Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Yes, it is easy.....but some people consistently turn out awesome produce. They are the masters, IMO.

Some? It seems that most turn out top notch produce using the DBHBB. I have had nothing but the best around ever since my first kit grow. A miscommunication about the new destress formula was my only hiccup with the kit.
Unjustly categorizing people because they can't keep a full journal and have plenty of time to type out long updates is your right.:thumb:

Some? It seems that most turn out top notch produce using the DBHBB. I have had nothing but the best around ever since my first kit grow. A miscommunication about the new destress formula was my only hiccup with the kit.
Unjustly categorizing people because they can't keep a full journal and have plenty of time to type out long updates is your right.:thumb:

I like your attitude and opinion! You make me think, and I very much appreciate that.

Good points.

Question for the guys who run autos with DBHB, are you still drenching? If so around when do you start drenching?

I run autos and photos same.. as say instructions.
i just ran 3 x Auto Jock Horror x Auto PE , and finishing up a couple of plants that are different strain from last Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia XXL
The JH x PE autos loves the HB soil..

Doc, question(s)-CMA, just in case :) regarding foliars..(sampling some ever improving from awesome weed thanks to you and everyone here :circle-of-love:...:thumb:
Does a branch respond to the spray locally immediately or does it need to travel to roots etc.. ?
- Can you spray different foliars on different branches or would it confuse the plant?

Really...great herb!! Thank You!!

Doc, question(s)-CMA, just in case :) regarding foliars..(sampling some ever improving from awesome weed thanks to you and everyone here :circle-of-love:...:thumb:
Does a branch respond to the spray locally immediately or does it need to travel to roots etc.. ?
- Can you spray different foliars on different branches or would it confuse the plant?

Really...great herb!! Thank You!!

The Brix and DeStress foliar sprays are mainly for the soil! There are some sprays that are designed for the foliage, IE the WayAhead 10x. But ideally, barring deficiencies and other minor emergencies, they're for the soil.

So if we assume a healthy plant and healthy soil...if you spray half the plant with a reproductive spray and the other half with a vegetative spray.....you'll get "confused" soil....at least I think so.

If you seed a single branch/bud it will effect the entire plant and this fact is what I'm basing my answer on. The foliar sprays are designed more to signal the soil via root exudates than they are to feed leaves directly.

Leave it to Dr. Ziggy to find yet another permutation and innovative way to grow cannabis! :high-five:

Hey Doc,
Another Blood Meal related question.

I seem to remember you saying that you stopped using Rock & Chicken because you had trouble locating none GMO chicken.
Is that correct?
If so, have you located a source of Blood Meal that is GMO free?

From what I am reading (initial search on Google), most Blood Meal is pig blood. And I dont find any mention of GMO's, but that is probably an omission.

I have some Salties that need help staying green and Epson Salt spray hardly keeps up.
But my Skunk#1 just loves the DBHB as is, and stays green the whole grow.

PS. I am so stoked that my Fungus Knat problem just went away with a proper BRIX soil. I was using Spinosad for two years when growing with Root Organics, just to keep the Knats at bay. But when I switched to DBHB, I stopped the Spinosad and the Knats just disappeared.

Hey Doc,

I seem to remember you saying that you stopped using Rock & Chicken because you had trouble locating none GMO chicken.
Is that correct?

From what I am reading (initial search on Google), most Blood Meal is pig blood. And I dont find any mention of GMO's, but that is probably an omission.

I have some Salties that need help staying green and Epson Salt spray hardly keeps up.

PS. I am so stoked that my Fungus Knat problem just went away with a proper BRIX soil. I was using Spinosad for two years when growing with Root Organics, just to keep the Knats at bay. But when I switched to DBHB, I stopped the Spinosad and the Knats just disappeared.

I believe if its organic, its GMO-free.
Espoma Organic Blood Meal | Espoma

Hey doc.....a couple questions........regarding the wayahead......I guess I missed the post on its release and what it does, are people using it instead of Epsoms......if so and I'm adding another wrench..........do you use the WA in place of the Epsom salts when using the blood meal for the frankenstiens?

Thanks again, glad to b back......:passitleft:

RE WayAhead10x: the best results I've had are with using it piggy-backed on a Brix foliar, 1/4 ounce plus 1 ounce of Brix in 1 quart of water. I still top dressed with the epsoms. I am not using the OG drench with the blood meal, either.

So, my current frankestrain recipe is:

Normal veg, heavy Transplant soaks between Growth Energy. Drench/Soak, Drench/Soak, Water.

Transplant into bloom containers with 1/8th cup BloodMeal mixed into the soil. Top dress with epsoms AFTER the first watering. The reason is because you don't want all that salt around the tender, developing roots. Otherwise normal transplanting procedure.

Heavy Transplant/Super drenches between Growth Energy drenches. Cat Drench per usual.

WayAhead with Brix foliar, 2 or maybe 3 times.

That's my latest frankestrain recipe! It made the Paki's crispy (but still quite nice) but the Grape Stompers are on another level altogether with this regime.

I hope that helps!

Hey Doc,

Is that correct?

Yep! There are several sources for organic, GMO free blood meal. I'm using the Down To Earth brand right now, but am also looking at some other types. Cow blood, not pig.

The stuff is really strong, but it works amazing. Feel free to top dress a small amount and use Tea and water to gently water it in.

whats up HB gang, been doing a little construction in the lab the past few days building a room and getting rid of the grow tent. ill be able to fit a 4x8 tray comfortably. I'm expecting the quality and yield to go up so I'm pretty damn excited! ready to bring on the new year with some really nice new flavors! here's a quick pic of the columbian red i have growing right now just had her second cat drench :cheer:
image281.png

Got a delivery, thanks doc. Going to get a batch of soil ready. That's a big bag of amendment,, is that for three kits,, should I split it in thirds? I think that's what I asked for based on the three kits I've ordered. Two to recharge the old soil, and one for this new one??? I get confused sorry...

Thank you#!

Hey guys,
Just wondering if I should worry about this yellowing on a couple of my tops

Just hit 21 days of flower
THC Cherry Bomb

will cat drench in about a week

Plant looks good other than these couple of spots
image5797.jpeg

image5796.jpeg

This is them stem leading up to one of the buds
image5795.jpeg

Thanks in advance
:Namaste:

Got a delivery, thanks doc. Going to get a batch of soil ready. That's a big bag of amendment,, is that for three kits,, should I split it in thirds? I think that's what I asked for based on the three kits I've ordered. Two to recharge the old soil, and one for this new one??? I get confused sorry...

Thank you#!

I don't remember exactly what you ordered, but if you ordered 3 then yes, they're all together.

Back
Top Bottom