Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

The garden is looking really happy thus far! we'll have plenty of harvesting to do when you back doc!

Columbian red (A Pheno)
image15792.jpeg

Grape Ape
image15790.jpeg

Lemon Paki
image15789.jpeg

image15788.jpeg

image15791.jpeg

Well,

Here are a couple things about Uruguay.

The MJ industry is just beginning. Advanced Nutrients have the market pretty sewn up right now. The other style of growing is au natural, in native soil in the back yard, one harvest per year. The native soil bud tastes far better than the AN stuff I've tried.

I've toured 2 indoor grows and have seen a greenhouse space, but no plants, since it's the middle of winter.

Lighting is dominated by 600 watt HPS with Batwing reflectors and digital ballasts. No Gavita, no LED, not even seeing any 1000 watt HPS.

No one has mites! NICE!!!!

The grows I'm touring have all seen and tried Lemon Paki and Punta Rojo and are extremely welcoming to me with lots of questions and inquiry about what they could do to improve, etc.

There's a very good source of Peat in the nurseries. They also have perlite and worm castings. In other words, my gear will work here! I'm sending the larger of the growers (100 plants) some high brix stuff. This is goiing to be very, very fun.

I can say with confidence that I have the best weed in the entire country....the stuff I had a friend bring down here. Best thing I ever did! My buddy has shown it off and smoked out about a half dozen growers and I'm ready to rock n roll!

Best thing: prices are MUCH HIGHER here! 15 bucks US a gram for lousy weed.
Worst thing: electricity is outrageously expensive.

The garden is looking really happy thus far! we'll have plenty of harvesting to do when you back doc!

Columbian red (A Pheno)
image15792.jpeg

Grape Ape
image15790.jpeg

Lemon Paki
image15789.jpeg

image15788.jpeg

image15791.jpeg

Awesome pics! You're doing an outstanding job keeping everything alive awhile longer. I look forward to leaving this horrible third world shithole...with the grass fed beef and two hour lunches on the water, smoking weed downtown and on the waterfront. It sucks bad.

Tomorrow, I have to visit our property and have dinner at a famous 5 star on the beach. Turns out the owner/chef loves MJ and I just happen to have a fat Paki joint. Life is really boring. I can't wait to get home and deal with USA stuff.

Some sarcasm was used in the creation of this post.

Doc, so glad things are going your way down there! What about electrical costs...how much more there. Got any numbers?
You've got a good one here with Slo.....he's doin a great job. Have you heard about what the US gov. just did with the classification of MJ....maybe ya autta just stay there bud.
Anyhow nice to here from you and party on Doc!:Namaste::high-five:

Well,

Here are a couple things about Uruguay.

The MJ industry is just beginning. Advanced Nutrients have the market pretty sewn up right now. The other style of growing is au natural, in native soil in the back yard, one harvest per year. The native soil bud tastes far better than the AN stuff I've tried.

I've toured 2 indoor grows and have seen a greenhouse space, but no plants, since it's the middle of winter.

Lighting is dominated by 600 watt HPS with Batwing reflectors and digital ballasts. No Gavita, no LED, not even seeing any 1000 watt HPS.

No one has mites! NICE!!!!

The grows I'm touring have all seen and tried Lemon Paki and Punta Rojo and are extremely welcoming to me with lots of questions and inquiry about what they could do to improve, etc.

There's a very good source of Peat in the nurseries. They also have perlite and worm castings. In other words, my gear will work here! I'm sending the larger of the growers (100 plants) some high brix stuff. This is goiing to be very, very fun.

I can say with confidence that I have the best weed in the entire country....the stuff I had a friend bring down here. Best thing I ever did! My buddy has shown it off and smoked out about a half dozen growers and I'm ready to rock n roll!

Best thing: prices are MUCH HIGHER here! 15 bucks US a gram for lousy weed.
Worst thing: electricity is outrageously expensive.

Sounds awesome!
Any solar?

Sounds awesome!
Any solar?

2 things are incredibly expensive here: gasoline and electricity. I see no hybrids and no solar panels. I need to figure out why. Could be an amazing opportunity for someone in the solar biz.

On the other hand, a really nice 4 course meal with wine just set my back 80 bucks US including tip. Easily a 200 dollar meal back home in the land of somewhat cheaper gas and electricity.

I love this place.

monsantoville

Not too surprised, I have the best weed in Colorado, and its supposed to be poppin here (its actually fucking clownshoes). Heady folk and all the growers I work for chase my DBHB's for their dome.

All I did was create a stable environment and follow the destructions. Its not hard. SMH at these kids and their imported cars and $1000 bottle of bloom boost....

Not even trying to be shitty, but I know that in CA and OR and WA ppl are growing using agricultural techniques, various versions of organic, etc. Here it is basically coco, store nutes, and me and any other CO DBHB'ers. Its pathetic. Its good for me, its bad for us as a culture, downright shameful.

Not supposed to talk about it, but at least the cousin of our beloved plant, the hop, is properly appreciated here.

Re: monsantoville

Not too surprised, I have the best weed in Colorado, and its supposed to be poppin here (its actually fucking clownshoes). Heady folk and all the growers I work for chase my DBHB's for their dome.

All I did was create a stable environment and follow the destructions. Its not hard. SMH at these kids and their imported cars and $1000 bottle of bloom boost....

Not even trying to be shitty, but I know that in CA and OR and WA ppl are growing using agricultural techniques, various versions of organic, etc. Here it is basically coco, store nutes, and me and any other CO DBHB'ers. Its pathetic. Its good for me, its bad for us as a culture, downright shameful.

Not supposed to talk about it, but at least the cousin of our beloved plant, the hop, is properly appreciated here.

The weed is OK here around denver...my HB stuff is in high demand tho. Everyone says they can't find anything like my stuff around and that's just fine with me lol :)

2 things are incredibly expensive here: gasoline and electricity. I see no hybrids and no solar panels. I need to figure out why. Could be an amazing opportunity for someone in the solar biz.

On the other hand, a really nice 4 course meal with wine just set my back 80 bucks US including tip. Easily a 200 dollar meal back home in the land of somewhat cheaper gas and electricity.

I love this place.
I can see an easy way out with solar panels at their latitude. In Italy there are big agricultural businesses that are ONLY powered by solar energy, and they are running smoothly. With greenhouses that have some supplemental lighting they'd be off on their way towards better and sustainable bud. And I'm not really surprised their outdoor native soil grown is better than indoor. If they have the right mineral composition, it can't be beaten... well a little bit adjusting for the High Brix, and they could really push it up to the next level.

Hmm our parliament is gonna vote on legalization in September. Let's hope cultivation is not gonna drop out of the act in the last moment, cause we're dreaming big here :laugh:

And whether or not these $1000 bloom booster people know it or not, what they're really doing is searching for that higher brix number! We just happen to have it in a lil box called Doc Buds High Brix Blend...for about 100 bones! Makes me laugh sometimes :)

And whether or not these $1000 bloom booster people know it or not, what they're really doing is searching for that higher brix number! We just happen to have it in a lil box called Doc Buds High Brix Blend...for about 100 bones! Makes me laugh sometimes :)

Yep! And the prices of generic ag products.....sold as 1000$ bloom boosters.....are insane. 20 bucks worth of salts sold for 1000 bucks. A quart of AN Sensi Grow or Bloom is 50.00 US here....a quart!

Question for all you High Brix guys :cheer::cheer::cheer:

What are your Brix readings and what is your process for testing.

I have been told to test 1hr after watering, is this a good practice ?
Do your readings go up as the plant grows, higher as plants matures ?
What are your average Brix readings 13%, 16%, higher ?

Thanks in advance

Question for all you High Brix guys :cheer::cheer::cheer:

What are your Brix readings and what is your process for testing.

I have been told to test 1hr after watering, is this a good practice ?
Do your readings go up as the plant grows, higher as plants matures ?
What are your average Brix readings 13%, 16%, higher ?

Thanks in advance

Decide on a method...doesn't matter when you water, etc. Just do the readings the same way every time. 1 hour after, 2 days before watering....the same way every time.

Take the same cuttings from the plants for measurements.

Readings are for YOUR garden, using your methods. Numbers go up along with increased plant metabolism, so bloom numbers will be higher than veg.

Healthy plants in my garden read about 10 in veg and about 15-17 in bloom. I've never been able to get anything in the 20's, neither has my helper, who also has good plants.

I've tested yellow, crispy leaves and gotten 30 brix....the raisin effect. You must test healthy, vibrant tissue to get accurate readings.

I've tested yellow, crispy leaves and gotten 30 brix....the raisin effect. You must test healthy, vibrant tissue to get accurate readings.

Thanks Doc.

All your effort and input is very much appreciated.
Would never have guessed that older Yellowed leaves
would give a higher Brix, that fact alone I am sure would
have been a point of confusion for me at some point, Lesson
learned time saved :thumb:

I've taken a LOT of Brix measurements over the years, and I wrote a tutorial ... :cheesygrinsmiley: Post any questions you have there, too. :slide:

How to take brix measurements

Back
Top Bottom