Day 21 Defoliation day

001803.JPG

002836.JPG

004743.JPG

005711.JPG

006616.JPG

009512.JPG

010477.JPG

Looking at DT 1 to me it appears there may have been a mix up from my buddy. It really doesn't look like any of the other DT plants. Minimal side branching and the leafs look nothing alike. I think you can see the difference from the before pics from today.

What do you guys think?

Re: Dutch Treat, Blue Dream 2 Liter Hempy Grow

o wow you really trimmed those up. didn't realize you should trim so much. is that to help let light reach the buds better? Do you have to worry about the plant going in to stress at all?

Correct deeper penetration of the light. I have seen many people defoliate and not have any stress problems so no I have no worries.

HMG,

Your plants look great. :thumb: I notice you didn't trim all the fans...why? When I defoliate I removed everything with a stem, even a really short stem...3mm, if I could pinch it out of there, I did.

How tall are they? If I understand it right...indica's grow short and bushy and sativa's grow tall with less branches. Also indica's have fat stubby leaves and sativa have longer slender leaves.

Maybe they aren't what you thought. But I couldn't venture a guess at anything further than what I've stated.

Be happy :yahoo: they look really healthy :cheer: You're doing a good job.

How are you staking them so they don't fall over?

HMG,

Your plants look great. :thumb: I notice you didn't trim all the fans...why? When I defoliate I removed everything with a stem, even a really short stem...3mm, if I could pinch it out of there, I did.

How tall are they? If I understand it right...indica's grow short and bushy and sativa's grow tall with less branches. Also indica's have fat stubby leaves and sativa have longer slender leaves.

Maybe they aren't what you thought. But I couldn't venture a guess at anything further than what I've stated.

Be happy :yahoo: they look really healthy :cheer: You're doing a good job.

How are you staking them so they don't fall over?

Thanks Sqwheels, I will have to go back through your journal and look at your technique for defoliation.

The BD is 24" even after I supercropped it. The rest are around 20 to 21"

Oh trust me I'm happy with what I have, I just don't want to call it something it is not.

I have one staked up I just trusted some duct tape and a bamboo stake to the side so far so good.

HMG,

That's basically all I did...duct taped a 3/8" dowel to the side of the 2L and used string to keep all the branches tied close enough so it could hold it's own balance...but even so, at the end they ended up on the floor. :)

:peace:

HMG,

That's basically all I did...duct taped a 3/8" dowel to the side of the 2L and used string to keep all the branches tied close enough so it could hold it's own balance...but even so, at the end they ended up on the floor. :)

:peace:

Thanks for the heads up. I wiil see what I can figure out before that time comes then.

Yea they do have different leave structures. they could have gotten mixed up somehow. Well i hope their both dank as hell for ya

I'm almost positive they were mislabled. They all look like they are going to be nice smoke but only time will tell.

Day 24 girls are moving right along. Going to re due the inside of my cloner, I think I have too many sprayers for the small 250 gal pump. I'm going to go with 6instead of the 12 or so I have now.

Ok time for some pics of the flowering girls.
005715.JPG

009514.JPG

010478.JPG

013342.JPG

015285.JPG

021190.JPG

022148.JPG

Hi HMG,

I have a 2L 8pk holder...have you ever seen these? After my last grow, you know...I let my girls veg way too long and they were really big and out of control...a friend of mine brought me one. I didn't know they made this thing, it's great, it's made of heavy plastic, and has a handle in the middle.

My last visit to SAM's I did notice that's how they sell 2L's - in 8pks. I don't know where you are but may have something like SAM's in your area...maybe Cosco.

Just a thought

Girls look beautiful, btw. Really healthy :goodjob:

Hi HMG,

I have a 2L 8pk holder...have you ever seen these? After my last grow, you know...I let my girls veg way too long and they were really big and out of control...a friend of mine brought me one. I didn't know they made this thing, it's great, it's made of heavy plastic, and has a handle in the middle.

My last visit to SAM's I did notice that's how they sell 2L's - in 8pks. I don't know where you are but may have something like SAM's in your area...maybe Cosco.

Just a thought

I have seen them I asked at one store they said they couldn't give them away. I will ask at a few more places.

I was thinking about building something along three sides of my tent like a U for them to sit in. Have in on a slight angle to allow for the run off. Hang a vertical bare bulb, and see what happens.

Got to get the cloning figured out first, might have to go back to plugs.

:thanks: for the compliment.

Hi HMG,

Just a thought

That's a great idea, once I set up my perpetual 2L hempy I will have to steal a couple of them from my work!!

I have seen them I asked at one store they said they couldn't give them away. I will ask at a few more places.

I was thinking about building something along three sides of my tent like a U for them to sit in. Have in on a slight angle to allow for the run off. Hang a vertical bare bulb, and see what happens.

Got to get the cloning figured out first, might have to go back to plugs.

:thanks: for the compliment.

I built a 5 gal DWC Drip System..going to try to clone a cutting...if that don't work i'll try removing soil from seedling roots...

HMG,

Still having cloning issues???

HMG,

Still having cloning issues???

Yeah I had to throw the last ones out. They started getting some kind of growth on the stem. It almost looked like a salt build up. I have no idea, I cut some more last night so we will see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom