Dutchman’s Pheno Hunt!

May 2

What’s goin on my favourite grow friends! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the week as it comes closer to a finish! It’s only been about a day since the Seeds all went into soil. With seeing the Pink Kush and Purple Queen furthest along I was expecting to see them first. Surprised to see that BadAzz#1/#2 are the first above soil but both having the seed casing still on. I’ll monitor this closely over the next day and only intervene if I have to! Hopefully with a little time they will push them off and I don’t have to do anything!

Next up to show some life above soil is Wedding Cake #2/#4. Still small but on the move! I’m super excited for wedding cake! It’s one of my favourites and from what I’ve seen they are frosty like a cake so we will see!

Lastly I noticed Purple Gorilla Auto#1 is making an appearance as well!

These are the first ones above soil so far but I can see little bulges in a bunch of pots so I’m guessing there will be some more action come moving time! It’s still very early but man it’s such an exciting time! Seeing the new life sprout and push its way to the lights is such an incredible adventure!

One Love and Stay Medicated my friends!

May 3

Hey everyone! I hope your enjoying a nicer day than I am! It’s a rainy and dreary day here today so no work for me! That means I get to spend some time at home tinkering in the garden!

So I went in to check on the seeds and see how they are doing.

Can you see it? All the movement, All the young life!

16/18 seeds have either emerged or begun emerging from the soil. The last 2 that haven’t broke the surface yet are Pink Kush#1 and BadAzz Kush#3. I’m confident though by later today or tomorrow morning they will be above ground to join the group! Now one thing I’m noticing is that some of my babies are coming out with the seed casing on them. I’m not sure if I didn’t bury these deep enough or it’s just a few stubborn seeds! A few wedding cake / cookies / BadAzz and a purple queen have a helmet! The rest from what I can see are doing fine with the start to a bright future! I’m going to blame myself for possibly not burying them deep enough!

I’ll post some more pictures later on today to show the progression of these little cuties as they grow up!

Highya Dutchie,

I had 3 seedlings emerge with the helmet out of 9. I used 2 pair of tweezers to temove it, then the membrane was stuck on 2 of them. I was able to remove the membrane also, and now have all 9 seedlings alive.

Congrats on a larger grow! This will be fun!! Cheers

Highya Dutchie,

I had 3 seedlings emerge with the helmet out of 9. I used 2 pair of tweezers to temove it, then the membrane was stuck on 2 of them. I was able to remove the membrane also, and now have all 9 seedlings alive.

Congrats on a larger grow! This will be fun!! Cheers
Thanks for the tip Bode! I’m going to have to help a few of them today for sure as I don’t want them in the shell to long!!

May 3

What’s goin on everyone! This is a follow up from this mornings update! I decided to help out a few of the seedlings with their casing removal. I added a small drop of water to the top and then used a pair of sterile tweezers to manipulate and remove the casing and stuck on membrane from them. They are all looking perky and happy now!

I’ve got a few pictures and then a nice little video for you all to enjoy! I also purchased a new light for inside the seedling tent. A small 2’ T5HO fixture which I’ll probably add another one to the tent eventually to give better coverage but for now it’s great! It fits the entire tray and gives a good even coverage!

Back
Top Bottom