Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

I will start up the first new grow journal as soon as the house closes and I gain possession to the yard. My well cooked supersoil mix will be one of the first things to move over and I plan to plant the seeds that day.

Priorities. Love it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m not looking forward to the day(s) I have to break all my stuff down and move it to sell. Thankfully there are safe places for me to keep it, but it will be a chore. Of course whenever that happens, I guarantee the next place will be heavily influenced by garden space and access. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey, I was wondering if you want to comment on something or maybe you talk more about it in the thread. I'm still a new grower reasearching 101 things at once and sometimes looking at more, or too much, in depth science lol. So my question is about the hump when watering covered in early veg. A page from a fertilizer supplier litterature mentioned watering to promote a phosphrous band but not sure if it relates to the vertical or how that affects the CEC at all?

The hump?

Hey, I was wondering if you want to comment on something or maybe you talk more about it in the thread. I'm still a new grower reasearching 101 things at once and sometimes looking at more, or too much, in depth science lol. So my question is about the hump when watering covered in early veg. A page from a fertilizer supplier litterature mentioned watering to promote a phosphrous band but not sure if it relates to the vertical or how that affects the CEC at all?

you will have to explain more about the phosphorus band. Phosphorus follows a specific path into the roots and is greatly facilitated by the existence of myco fungi in the soil, working in symbiosis with the roots. Usually if you don't concentrate on Mycorrhizal fungi development as you transplant to larger containers, you will experience problems in picking up P later in your grow.

The hump?

you will have to explain more about the phosphorus band. Phosphorus follows a specific path into the roots and is greatly facilitated by the existence of myco fungi in the soil, working in symbiosis with the roots. Usually if you don't concentrate on Mycorrhizal fungi development as you transplant to larger containers, you will experience problems in picking up P later in your grow.
All it said was "Water to promote a phosphorous band." and it's field fertilizers but the reading was good. Must be the depth where the 'symbiosis' is happening above. Comes down to managing runoff vs dry-back and the resulting moisture in the rootzone for different mediums pots...I was wondering if you anything amazing to say about the cec exchanges as that's where I'm at in better understand rootzone interactions in soilless hydroponic.

All it said was "Water to promote a phosphorous band." and it's field fertilizers but the reading was good. Must be the depth where the 'symbiosis' is happening above. Comes down to managing runoff vs dry-back and the resulting moisture in the rootzone for different mediums pots...I was wondering if you anything amazing to say about the cec exchanges as that's where I'm at in better understand rootzone interactions in soilless hydroponic.
Its almost as if you are trying to play gotcha with me here; seeing if I will bite on some nonsense terms. You will have to explain to everyone how in the world you water to promote a phosphorus band... and please remember we are talking about closed containers here, not farm fields. Also, there is no CEC in hydro... there is nothing for the ions to exchange with.

Its almost as if you are trying to play gotcha with me here; seeing if I will bite on some nonsense terms. You will have to explain to everyone how in the world you water to promote a phosphorus band... and please remember we are talking about closed containers here, not farm fields. Also, there is no CEC in hydro... there is nothing for the ions to exchange with.
I posted a response the other day to add to the matter and asking if your technique of making a hump is also doing something to your CEC when particles move to the middle...the litterature said that about phosphorous. And soilless Hydro does have CEC factor, actually any substrate had some CEC. Anyways I don't know why ypu guys are all paranoid, must be legalization; I do post on forums out of 'escapism' like Kevin Jodrey says).

I do post on forums out of 'escapism' like Kevin Jodrey says).
Just be real... I would like that better, not sure about the others. The hump just is a physical indication of where the barrier exists between the old rootball and the new soil. New micro soil moving into the middle has to increase cation exchange, simply because it brings in more soil, but then again, we are also replacing soil in the middle of the rootball with more roots too... so it is a give and take.

I am not paranoid, it is just that since you got here, you have been asking me bizarre questions as if to see if I actually know what I was talking about... and it seemed to me when you confused EC and CEC, that it was you with the deficit of knowledge here, not I. Then you mentioned this phosphorus band, as if it was something everyone should have a working knowledge of, again as if you wanted to see how I reacted to your mention of it. So its not paranoia my weird new friend, it is that you have just confirmed my suspicion that you come in here to write for sport... to play gotcha, and see if you can intellectually better someone out here pontificating about some aspect of this growing thing.... and I am not the only one you have tried this tactic on. Your entertainment, your escapism, has upset some folks, and there was some side conversation had about your responses not only in my threads, but also on the nutrient levels thread.

Just be you, and come here to learn.... and I think we will get along just fine.

Veg, Day 5
DSCF7423.JPG
DSCF7422.JPG
DSCF7420.JPG

Considering what I have just seen, I would have to give them two weeks at least. The verdict is in... the MC in addition to whatever goodness is in my soil, did NOT burn. Not only are there no signs of complaint in drooping cotyledons, clawing, contortions or discoloration, but we had a growth spurt in this last 24 hours! Color (or Colour for some of you) me impressed! The containers are drying fast and if I were a knuckle waterer I would already be starting to think I might be able to water... these plants are already working hard, but we are still at least a day or three away from a full watering.

I am fully bats in the belfry insane at this point, and thinking about applying a small amount of MC just around the edges tonight... to ensure that those are the wettest and most nutritious areas in the containers. Please excuse my insanity... I am a serial root teaser. I can't help myself. It is what I do.
:morenutes:
Unreal!

Back
Top Bottom