Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Congrats on the new house. You are going to have a great time designing your new space!

Totally un-related, but I thought I'd share my current progress with you. I've popped some seeds, and am working through day 22. On my 4th nodes already, and have already FIM'd! I've suffered some temperature excursions, which I've gotten under control (dang polar vortex, then bounce to low-80s, caught me flat-footed). They were growing so fast they caught me napping on proximity to the light. At first I thought the initial curl was just "praying" after a good feed. Then the next day, I could see that it had gone too far. I had the Next-Gen Mega at full tilt, and my tallest had gotten to just 16" away!
So we've backed off to 24" on light distance, dimmed to @half power, and lowered temp to @ 74 degF, to give the two wounded plants a chance to recover. Their brethren seem to like it...
I'm scheduled to flower in the hottest part of the summer. Now I'm trying to figure out how to handle the heat. Have you had any luck with the small portable A/C units? I'm concerned whether the house A/C can keep me under 80 inside the tent, with the Next-Gen at full tilt, without freezing my wife into pneumonia.

Enough of me. Now that you've got gobs of space upstairs, are you going for multiple grow tents/rooms? Please tell me the space is covered with power outlets! :)

Congrats on the new house. You are going to have a great time designing your new space!

Totally un-related, but I thought I'd share my current progress with you. I've popped some seeds, and am working through day 22. On my 4th nodes already, and have already FIM'd! I've suffered some temperature excursions, which I've gotten under control (dang polar vortex, then bounce to low-80s, caught me flat-footed). They were growing so fast they caught me napping on proximity to the light. At first I thought the initial curl was just "praying" after a good feed. Then the next day, I could see that it had gone too far. I had the Next-Gen Mega at full tilt, and my tallest had gotten to just 16" away!
So we've backed off to 24" on light distance, dimmed to @half power, and lowered temp to @ 74 degF, to give the two wounded plants a chance to recover. Their brethren seem to like it...
I'm scheduled to flower in the hottest part of the summer. Now I'm trying to figure out how to handle the heat. Have you had any luck with the small portable A/C units? I'm concerned whether the house A/C can keep me under 80 inside the tent, with the Next-Gen at full tilt, without freezing my wife into pneumonia.

Enough of me. Now that you've got gobs of space upstairs, are you going for multiple grow tents/rooms? Please tell me the space is covered with power outlets! :)
Yes, sometimes it is necessary to air condition the grow area... humidity and extreme heat are a problem here in Missouri. I don't know how natural ventilation or the central air will do up there in the attic, but we will see. Definitely going for multiple tents and grow spaces ... I have windows in all 4 cardinal directions up there, and natural little veg nooks on the E/W sides. I still have not envisioned the possibilities. Lots of power outlets too, and all grounded... all new wiring.

Hopefully closing gets here quickly. Congratulations!

ETA: And congrats on beating the virus!

Yes, sometimes it is necessary to air condition the grow area... humidity and extreme heat are a problem here in Missouri. I don't know how natural ventilation or the central air will do up there in the attic, but we will see. Definitely going for multiple tents and grow spaces ... I have windows in all 4 cardinal directions up there, and natural little veg nooks on the E/W sides. I still have not envisioned the possibilities. Lots of power outlets too, and all grounded... all new wiring.
Congrats on the house. Nice to have new wiring. After this grow in going to have an electrician come and put in a new fuse box and run new dedicated lines to my grow area. With my lights on, If I plug in a vacuum cleaner or turn on my whole surround sound system in my media room I pop a breaker. And the sump pumps go out as well. Not a good thing! On a positive note my plants are flowering well and I have a shit ton of MC coming since they don't have any normal sized bags available. I'll post a few pics

I have a 22lb bag with one crop of 4 plants gone from the bag. Its going to be around for a longtime.
Lol, you're set! I'm going to vacuum seal it in small quantities so moisture won't get in the bag like this last bag.

I know, right? Good news everyone! They accepted my offer. I just put down earnest money and we move to inspection and appraisal. Here are some shots of the future grow room: 96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m10od-w1024_h768.jpg 96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m9od-w1024_h768.jpg96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m8od-w1024_h768.jpg
Hello you :)

Congratulations!

I love the colours, and not just because my house is based on a similar colour palette!

I just love the thought of a basement and an attic. I’m not sure why, but they don’t build houses here with either.

Please tag me in your next grow so I don’t miss out on watching your magic.

Love me :)

Hello you :)

Congratulations!

I love the colours, and not just because my house is based on a similar colour palette!

I just love the thought of a basement and an attic. I’m not sure why, but they don’t build houses here with either.

Please tag me in your next grow so I don’t miss out on watching your magic.

Love me :)
It won't be long now! I went over there yesterday with my dog so he could do a final inspection of the back yard, and I planned out where my ham radio antennas and outdoor garden will go. With the privacy fence, you can pretty much be assured that I will do some outdoor growing, right in the middle of a bunch of corn and peas to hide all the cannabis.

Here is shot of the house with the fence, and to remain topical, the backyard where the garden will soon be tilled into operation.
house.jpg

The veggie and stealth pot garden will go down in this sunny back corner of the yard, along the southern edge of the fence.
garden area.jpg

O

M

G

I love it! Is the attic in the roof where the windows are? And is your basement like underground? Your new home has such a friendly looking feel! It’s the sort of place you just know is going to make you happy.

I’d like to share my home with you. It is an old place, but my partner is super handy, and he has given her a lick of paint to the outside and roof, a new drive way, and at my insistence a front door that makes me fill with gratitude every time I open it! Lolling! Though tbh took him a month to fall in love with it too, and I do understand it’s not everyones taste.

BA45C6AE-F850-42EE-908B-D0B5C24255C3.jpeg 2394F068-E1BB-4C01-8ED0-EBCC12A4A99F.jpeg

I can’t wait to share in your growing adventures in your new digs.

And once again congratulations
I like your house too! Love that entryway! No, this house doesn't have a basement, only that half story up top where the windows are, and the location of the grow room pictures from earlier. My present house has the finished basement, where my grows, radio room and laundry have been up until now. And yes, this new place just feels right. Ms. J. and I knew right away that this was the one and I am sure that we will be very happy here. The other thing I like is that this is a very small town, less than 300 people, and this is one of the nicest homes around. Just wait till I install solar panels and ham antennas... There will soon be talk around town about the deaf girl and her partner, and their incredibly cute dog.

I like your house too! Love that entryway! No, this house doesn't have a basement, only that half story up top where the windows are, and the location of the grow room pictures from earlier. My present house has the finished basement, where my grows, radio room and laundry have been up until now. And yes, this new place just feels right. Ms. J. and I knew right away that this was the one and I am sure that we will be very happy here. The other thing I like is that this is a very small town, less than 300 people, and this is one of the nicest homes around. Just wait till I install solar panels and ham antennas... There will soon be talk around town about the deaf girl and her partner, and their incredibly cute dog.
What is a radio room?

And are you the deaf girl?

Back
Top Bottom