Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

I didn't monitor my pH this entire grow... I just dont think it is that critical in soil with MC. I still think we are seeing burned tips on one, and then the mottled look does look like it needs more MC. You are going to have to treat each plant as an individual here. Running multiple strains in MC is not easy.

I grow in soil and I never check the pH of my MC.. but when you have strange problems going on that seem to be contradictory, pH is often the issue.

a lot times it helps to go back to basics like pH balancing the nutrient solution, or resetting(flushing) the medium.... it’s a good way to minimize potential variables. If different strains are giving you different problems that’s pretty much your answer right there.

Not trying to start anything here. I have only one MC grow completed and was far from perfect. That's how I ran my last grow and Emilya did reach out to me when I was having some issues helping me get things back on track. Now that being said I am just starting a new grow and have been thinking of not worrying about PH. I know Emilya ran this grow that way with excellent results. Also Shed grows promix and no ph adjusting. It's just for a old timer like me 30 plus years of treating pH like gospel is a hard concept to let go. Ok I am rambling now so I will stop.

Grow on stay medicated :passitleft:

I haven't paid any attention to the ph. Maybe it's worth buying something to test just for shits and giggles.
I can say this, I'm down to the last of my MC bag, and it seems a bit " ball" heavy ( phrasing!) . And the balls have turned dark brown and want to clump together. Don't know if that makes any difference difference or not?
MC doesn't have any small bags available only large. I don't need 2 pounds worth at this time, lol.

You’ve let moisture into the bag. It gets that way when it gets wet. Those bags are the worst way to store the MC.

I have a plastic pint container I keep my MC that i need on hand in... and then I have a 2qt jar full for long term storage.

You’ve let moisture into the bag. It gets that way when it gets wet. Those bags are the worst way to store the MC.

I have a plastic pint container I keep my MC that i need on hand in... and then I have a 2qt jar full for long term storage.
That's what I figured. I'm wondering if the balance is off in the bag, nutrient wise.

Not necessarily, but if it has absorbed moisture, 3g by weight might be less MC than you think.
Interesting, you know it never occurred to me that this would be the result.

The ratio doesn’t matter I don’t think. I don’t think there’s anything to that at all. I don’t think the “balls” are necessarily different components. That wouldn’t make a lot of sense considering the engineering that has gone into the product

This place seems a little empty with you not having a grow for us to follow.
:goodluck: with the offer.
I know, right? Good news everyone! They accepted my offer. I just put down earnest money and we move to inspection and appraisal. Here are some shots of the future grow room: 96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m10od-w1024_h768.jpg 96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m9od-w1024_h768.jpg96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m8od-w1024_h768.jpg

I know, right? Good news everyone! They accepted my offer. I just put down earnest money and we move to inspection and appraisal. Here are some shots of the future grow room:96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m10od-w1024_h768.jpg 96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m9od-w1024_h768.jpg96183fa80cf37f13597a5f50b3e6a3f7l-m8od-w1024_h768.jpg
Excellent, that space is more than just a little too cool for a grow room :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom