Emmie's Vegan Fertilizer, Pineapple Chunk 2020 Celebration: Experimental Soil Grow

Great journal Emilya; I learned a great deal. I'm also very impressed with your picture of your buds in jars; the buds are nice but I'm even more impressed with all the technical junk you have laying around and if I'm not mistaken is that a Morris code clicker? A woman after my own heart, LOL.
Thank you Homer and I am glad you got something out of the grow journal. I do apologize for the state of my desk in my ham radio room most of the time... they say that a cluttered desk is a sign of genius after all. Yes, that is my manual morse code key, one of many actually. I have a semi-automatic keyer with a spring loaded part to rapidly make my dits with, and I own a couple of electronic keyers that really make it easy to send fast morse code. Morse code has become a second language for me, and I can send and receive morse code faster than the fastest teenager can send text messages.

Along with the morse code I run digital modes with my computers, allowing computers to talk directly via the ham wavelengths and sometimes without any human intervention. I do talk on the local repeater during bad weather emergency operations, but I don't use voice as my primary mode any more since my enunciation gets worse as time goes on and as my hearing continues to dwindle away. People are starting to have difficulty understanding me over the air. I have been a ham operator since I was a little girl... got my first license at 11 years old and been doing radio and computer stuff ever since.

I am curious how MC does in Hempy, and I need to buy some more perlite anyway

mc and hempy are like peanut butter and jelly - if you don't have a nut allergy .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm curious to see that too.

I've been wondering, for example, but haven't really found a good test yet, of how container aspect ratio impacts hempy - e.g. what's the best height/diameter ratio for hempy since it seems that about 8" is the max that capillary effect can pull water up from the "reservoir."

bucket size / height doesn't matter so long as your roots hit the res, if you do periodic up potting there is really no limit.
it is similar to soil in that regard, the difference being, a hempy pot will support an exponentially larger plant than soil in the same sized pot.

size of 2L hempy bucket ..

plants that size can support ...

the most important aspect is the ratio of the res to the rest of the bucket. hempy sets it in the 25 - 30% range. little closer to 25%. this is why the drain hole gets set at 2 to 2 1/2 inches from the bottom of the bucket.

I played with hempy some years ago with various sized containers. I had 2L plastic soda bottles for a bit and that was fun and then I moved up to some shorter and wider 7 quart buckets. That hempy grow was outstanding, but by then I was on to bigger and better things and I put the hempy buckets in the corner for a while. Not only was the capillary effect better in the wider configuration, but as the plants got big it was much easier to keep them upright. This for me became the biggest selling point of the buckets.

straight sided pots are the best. mine are tapered and i hate them for stability. i run 2L and 5L, currently searching for a suitable 3L, as i think that may be the sweet spot for the size of my grow space.

this last run i had to set the 2L plant buckets in to the empty 5L ones to give them stability and keep them upright. simple solution.

the 2L plants from the previous pic are sitting inside the bigger bucket. not an up pot. :p

I am curious about just that... I will have to buy a new pH pen too... time to up my game there also.

cheapest and best performing lab level is an apera ph60. comes with a cool kit too ... :p

three point calibration from factory. comes with reference solution to do two point calibration, you can purchase the other if you really need to calibrate to three point in the future. i don't use the little storage solution bottles as they leak. the calibration fluid bottles are fine and can be left in the case.

arggg! The deal has fallen through... stupid estate sales. Now part of the family thinks they can do better and want to fix it up, half of them want to sell to me. It is now off of the market and I am still looking.

if family is involved it's best to sell to a third party and divvy the money. there is always friction if a family member buys an estate property. someone always feels they got snubbed or could have done better on the market etc etc ...

if it is not a family property then it's too complicated to be involved. you want a clean bill of sale.

beat a path away from that situation --
you have a separate and exciting journey to follow and your own place to be .. :)

I own an old classic, a 2001 Honda 750 Shadow Spirit, which has been a project in and of itself through the years.

It will house my motorcycle and my nice car

i like those old shadows.

had a real nice '73 water cow. wrists are all fucked up and i don't ride now. saved them so i could continue to write and play drums. really miss the bike, sold it yrs ago and some douche tried to turn in to a cafe racer ... :rolleyes:

what's the car ? building an old 3 series bmw and i wanna get it done before i'm too old to drive ... :laughtwo:

had a real nice '73 water cow. wrists are all fucked up and i don't ride now. saved them so i could continue to write and play drums. really miss the bike, sold it yrs ago and some douche tried to turn in to a cafe racer ... :rolleyes:

what's the car ? building an old 3 series bmw and i wanna get it done before i'm too old to drive ... :laughtwo:
I have an old Dodge Ram pickup for play and a Mercedes Benz CLS-Class for work.

With my tap water it settles right around 6.4. Usually 1.25ml/gal of ph down will bring it right into the 5.5-5.6 range

Same here (my tap runs at ~30ppm/pH 8.7)

I have an old Dodge Ram pickup for play and a Mercedes Benz CLS-Class for work.

i'm a sucker for german cars lol ... :p
won't drive an autobox though. i really enjoy the sensory experience of driving. miss the total connection of the bike.
i've done some track lessons with other cars, and i'm setting this one up to do the same.

Same here (my tap runs at ~30ppm/pH 8.7)

mine hits a consistent 6.3 - 4 before ph - but i'm on ro.

then I moved up to some shorter and wider 7 quart buckets. That hempy grow was outstanding, but by then I was on to bigger and better things and I put the hempy buckets in the corner for a while. Not only was the capillary effect better in the wider configuration, but as the plants got big it was much easier to keep them upright. This for me became the biggest selling point of the buckets.

For my outdoor photo hempys, I’m going to try to find a washtub into which I can up-pot the 2-gallon buckets - mostly for the additional width, which should support growing a much wider/larger plant (would love me some 4-ft wide shrubs).

I eagerly await your return to hempy! :nomo:

For my outdoor photo hempys, I’m going to try to find a washtub into which I can up-pot the 2-gallon buckets - mostly for the additional width, which should support growing a much wider/larger plant (would love me some 4-ft wide shrubs).

I eagerly await your return to hempy! :nomo:

those will be neighbourhood frightening monsters if you get the veg time ... :laughtwo:

those will be neighbourhood frightening monsters if you get the veg time ... :laughtwo:

Ya - hopefully like LED’s
420-magazine-mobile1355872730.jpg

Is that like a water buffalo Suzuki two smoker?

I am trying a Emilya inspired hybrid grow, pro-mix HP, dry organic fox farms fruit and flower and MC.
The best combination for me so far, A added advantage outdoors in the wet spring is the dry fertilizer
separates fertilizing and watering. I also plan on re-using the pro-mix.

Ya - hopefully like LED’s

something along those lines ..

you might have to train if you want to keep it under the fence height.

Is that like a water buffalo Suzuki two smoker?

i'm sure it's the same bike. called them water cows here. there was a local dealer here, one of the first to sell any japanese bikes. he might have had suzuki as well. there were a bunch around local as a result.

sold it in the early 90's, couldn't believe how much i got offered. i had other way better riding bikes, it was just an oddity i liked, so had it the longest, and it was the oldest one i ever had.

edit : should make the distinction it was a kawasaki branded ride ..

driving myself nuts looking for a photo ... never took anything digital.
it was a smaller bike than the suzuki 750.. different frame and tank ..

I do not see a mag deficiency my friend, I see too dark of green and burning on the tips... back down the MC.
Pictures are deceiving, they are actually a lot lighter than pics show. I'll try to get some better ones. The weird discolorations started when they were at 2 grams MC? I can't imagine that's too much?

Pictures are deceiving, they are actually a lot lighter than pics show. I'll try to get some better ones. The weird discolorations started when they were at 2 grams MC? I can't imagine that's too much?

To me, it looks like early Mg def. 3g/gal at 3 weeks shouldn’t be too hot. In fact, from my experience, it’s probably too low. Usually, my plants are at 4g/gal by 21-24 days.

To me, it looks like early Mg def. 3g/gal at 3 weeks shouldn’t be too hot. In fact, from my experience, it’s probably too low. Usually, my plants are at 4g/gal by 21-24 days.

I'm gun shy on the MC after the last grow so I'm going slower with it. I'm at 5 weeks give or take right now. The stripping on the leaves looks like Mg def based on what I've seen on line. There's a few yellow/ brown spots on leaves low and almost half way up. But as mentioned I have some burned tips as well?
I just looked and the plants , they are dark green, but since im running multiple strains they all look diff, lol. But the weird coloring on the leaves is the same from plant to plant, some more than others.

Back
Top Bottom