First soil grow

So how the plants doin? Are you going to give us a week 4 update?

Yeah, i guess i will. Ive been quite busy lately so havent had much time. Here are the pics for week 4.
DSC00404rev.jpg

So I took all the plants outside last thursday and flushed them all with 9 gallons of plain water. Here they are all lined up outside. It was crazy how much bigger the buds got the next day after the flushing.

DSC00405rev.jpg

A blueberry top

DSC00406rev.jpg

All the leaves on my plants are now yellow like this. At first I thought it was because the pots were too small, but now I think I still have spider mites. I have done 3 neem oil treatments since I first found them but I think they are still there. Ill post new pics this thursday for the week 5 update and you can see what I am talking about.

DSC00407rev.jpg

DSC00408rev.jpg

The plants grew to a hault in the vertical growth department, pretty much all plants grew one inch over a week. I think that it is because of the spidermites. Should I harvest immediately and salvage the weed that I have or would it hurt to keep growing the plants. They(the mites) are only on the leaves now but will they start eating the buds. Once these plants are done I am going to disinfect the room with bleach and put off bug bombs throughout my house. Hopefully that will take care of the mites that are in the house now, then I am going to start growing my white russian seeds. I am going to get a 400W light and that will keep the heat down and I will be able to keep my closet door shut. Hopefully that will keep any future mites out. Im out for now, will post week 5 update on thursday.

Ok, so there will be no week 5 update. I cut the plants down last night. I had to cut them down before the mites ate my buds. I salvaged what I could, but its not gonna be much, and premature since it was harvested at day 28. There is still some crystals on it so we will see how it is. So my mother plant got mites too. I cut all the plants down(everything) and I am going to wash the walls to the growroom and the bathroom(that I use for veg) with bleach. Then I am going to put off some bug bombs in my house(its about time for that anyway) so hopefully all the mites will be gone. I hope to bomb the house soon so I can plant my white russians asap. Hopefully all the mites should be gone. I am getting a new 400W light and it is aircooled so I will be able to keep my closet door shut to keep foreign critters out in the future. Any other suggestions on how to get rid of them? If I dont have any plants in my house right now, will the mites leave or just hang around for more plants? Are plants all they are looking for?

When I start my white russian seeds I will begin a seperate grow journal. I plan on using fox farm soil like Beensmoking420, along with fox farm nutes. I am going to save the General Hydro nutes for when I build my hydro set-up. Thank you all for all the help you have given me over the past couple of months. Im out for now but ill be around. :allgood:

Sorry to hear that berry, I was looking foward to seeing the harvest but I understand how this shit goes unfortunantly. Hope you enjoy the bit of smoke you did salvage, DAMN MITES! You and Dank both had to chop early due to those mofos! Oh well, I'm sure you'll have better luck w/ the White Russians and you know I'll be following along! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh good choice on the soil and nutes by the way, you WILL be pleased w/ the results.

A good cleaning and some donwntime should be enough to eliminate the mites. The cleaning is necessary to remove any eggs left behind. The live mites will leave for "greener pastures" if you don't keep plants for a while. Just make sure you seal the room up better before starting over.

Thanks guys for your kind words. Beensmoking, I am sure I will have better luck with the fox farm stuff, I have seen your results and I figure I better go all out with these new seeds. Hopefully my grow store has ocean forest soil, i know they carry light warrior(another foxfarm soil) so I will just have to use that if I cant find the ocean forest. I am planning on bombing the house tomorrow and picking up the soil and 1 gallon pots, and I will probably germ the White Russian seeds sometime this weekend. I cant have a house without growing marijuana, its my passion. Going to scrub the walls with bleach like a motherfucker, get all those damn mites out of here.

Have you tried the main sites store locater? There may be one closer you knew nothing about. IDK, thats how it happend to me. . lol

Bagz :peace:

Yeah I tried it and came up with a store that sold it in my city but when I called they said they used to carry it but they don't anymore.:hmmmm: So I just buy on-line, I like it better b/c the UPS guy just drops off a nice discreet brown box rather than having to haul in a couple bags of potting soil INTO your house, if your like me and you have a lot of neighbors, thats not gonna work.

Good news, I got a little over 1 oz from the plants that I harvested, and it smells like skittles and smokes pretty good for just flowering for 30 days. I have a friend who sells bud and I showed him some of it and he was begging to get some for personals. So I guess it cant be too bad.

I have the dryer from BC northern lights, got it when I got the bloombox. Very simple process, manicure the buds then put them on the screens, put the screens in the dryer and plug it in. The dryer has a fan at the bottom of it to circulate air constantly, and all the air passes through a carbon filter so there is no smell at all. After 5 days the buds are plenty dry, stems cracking and everything. I seem to think that it cures the buds faster, cause I find no difference in the high of the bud after 5 days than that of the bud if I let it cure in a jar for a month. I love the dryer though. Makes things so simple.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us brother!...

I'm moving this to completed journals now...

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?...

If so, please start one here Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world...

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

hey, what's up? I saw the plant in the back right that wasn't going to make it, but if you had given it lots of water and sprayed the leaves with water a half dozen times a day for a day, it probably would have been ok. A little hint about topping plants. it's usually a good idea to top plants after they have 4 - 6 sets of leaves during vegging. The biggest reason you're not getting big colas is your watering / nutrient schedule. your plants should take approx. 1 quart of water a day in 3 gallon pots during the bud cycle until about the 3rd or 4th week, then probably double it. don't over water. Also. I have found that the white packing peanuts work well on the bottom of the pots for drainage. It's important that the plants have an hour a day of dry soil. This makes the roots "search" for water. The bigger the root system the bigger the plant. As far as nutrients go, your soil should be enriched with worm castings for nitrogen, dolominic lime for ph, some bat guano, cockadoodle doo chicken manure, marine cuisine, bone meal, and lots of perlite. about half. if you use 1 keg cup of each of these, and 2 keg cups of the dolominic lime, along with 1 big bag of miracle grow potting soil and 1 small bag of worm castings for 10 plants, you should do really well. with the water, you can use your nutrients every day, but don't use more than a shot glass full of each in a 5 gallon bucket of water. use only water on the weekends, and the last week of flowering. No need for ph adjustment. Keep the temp around 80 degrees. I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom