First soil grow

Ok, so I do have spider mites. F#@K!!! So I went to the store and got some Einsteins Organic Neem Oil. Mixed 1 tsp of that with 32oz warm water and a few drops of dawn, then took the babies outside to mist the shiznit out of them. Used about all of the mixture on them. I also took up the cardboard underneath the pots, vacuumed the carpet, then sprayed some of the neem on it, let it dry, then put the cardboard back but upside down. Then sprayed the top of the cardboard. Once the neem had dried, I brought my plants back inside. It says in my grower bible to apply 2 or 3 applications, at 5-10 day intervals. I think (or at least hope) that they havent done too much damage to the plants. Hopefully my room is clean enough that they wont come back. What does neem oil do, kill the mites or just make them leave.

P.S.-While I was outside i took individual pics of each plant, so I will post them asaa.(as soon as approved)
:allgood:

Ok so the pics got approved so here they are...
DSC00367rev.jpg

DSC00368rev.jpg

DSC00370rev.jpg

You can see the eggs really good on that last leaf. Those little bastards. I got 15/20 vision so i saw some of the spider mites themselves, they were little red dots. Needless to say i squished them, and I knew they were alive when i saw their guts on my fingers. Go to hell mites!!!
Im glad my plants havent started budding, cause I wouldn't want any dead mites in the buds.

So here are the individual plant shots...
DSC00372rev.jpg

DSC00373rev.jpg

DSC00374rev.jpg

DSC00376rev.jpg

DSC00378rev.jpg

DSC00379rev.jpg

DSC00380rev.jpg

Alright guys, bye for now.

So I went in to the garden today and hand inspected every single leaf on every plant, trying to find as many mites as I could. I probably squished about 50 of them. I am not going to let them win this war. There is way too much money involed in this for them to be taking all my plants energy. But there are eggs all over the place. Good thing I got the neem oil before they hatched. I asked in an earlier post what the neem oil did specifically. Well I read up on the subject and the neem coats the leafs. When the mites eat the leaves, they eat the neem oil too, which makes their bodys not able to grow or produce eggs, so they die. All the eggs that have already been laid will either bu suffocated, or when they hatch the larvae will die as soon as they eat the neem oil on the leafs. Damn, i am spidermite paranoid now. Im gonna mist these babys once every week until week 6 after my initial 3 applications every 5 days. Back to the garden to kill more.

Thanks man. I had to trim lots of leaves off today, well didnt have to but they were covered in eggs and i figured just better cut them off. Hopefully it wont take away too much of my yield. Probably cut 30% of them off each plant, either leaves covered in eggs or leaves that were more than 50% damaged.

Ok, so here is my week 3 update. (a couple days late but none the less)

DSC00385rev.jpg

The tops finally starting to come in.

DSC00384rev.jpg

All the plants are pretty thin cause I had to trim lots of leaves off due to spider mites. But they look like they are at bay due to the neem.

DSC00383rev.jpg

Height picture

DSC00382rev.jpg

Rooted clone in 10 days

DSC00381rev.jpg

Mother rejuvenating after the cutting were taken.

So i know my babys will be stressed a little bit from all the leaves being cut off but hopefully everything will turn out ok.

Hey berry, how far is your HPS from the top of your tallest plant?

The top of my tallest plant is about 18 inches from the glass of the reflector. I have a piece of string hanging down from my light that tells me how far away they are.

That reminds me, i forgot to do a height update for week 3, so here it is(measurements were taken on 7/19):
1. BB 32 in. (4 inches in 7 days)
2. BB 30 in. (3 inches in 7 days)
3. BB 35 in. (3 inches)
4. BB 33 in. (5 inches)
5. BG 26 in. (2 inches)
6. BG 30 in. (4 inches)
7. BG 27 in. (4 inches)
8. BG 13 in. (3 inches)
9. BG 17 1/2 in. (7 1/2 inches)

Its very interesting to me how #9 grew 7 1/2 inches in one week while all the others have slowed down. Guess that shows me that the bigger plants have bottomed out and it slowed their growth.
Alright guys, thats it for now. Im out.

If I may make a suggestion, I think that you should lower you HPS down from 18" to 10"-12" from the top of the tallest plant. This will help your plants grow bigger, faster and stronger (which i'm sure you know). Honestly, what I do is keep it just above that burning point. Go as low as you can w/o burning the tops, all HPS' vary in heat so play with it till you get it as close as possible.

Is there a specific reason you have it 18" away?

Also, I've heard that removing the glass from the reflector (if possible on yours) helps w/ heat and overall efficiency.

Suggestions are always welcome bro, thats the main reason im here. It gets hot as shit in the closet right now but I am working on a ventilation system to bring in cool air. Im talkin 85 degrees down at the level of the plants so i dont want to know what it is 12 inches under the lamp. One other reason I had it so high was I had the plants stretched out so they didnt touch so they couldnt spread the spider mites, but I got them under control right now so I can put them closer together. Ill lower the lamp right now to 12 inches and i will put the temp meter at the top of the tallest plant so I will know how hot it is. Ill let you know how it goes.

Yeah, i got them up and running...can still smell it in my room but thats cause i havent made the intake ventilation yet so I can keep the closet door shut. I could smell a little bud before the filters got hooked up, but now I can't, but were gonna have to wait a little longer to see if they are totally effective.

That is awesome. Those buds are looking sweeet! I can't wait until I can grow!! :)

Back
Top Bottom