First soil grow

Well, I have never let nutes sit around in water, I'm not sure it would degrade. I do know that pH fluctuate's as soon as you add your nutes to your pH'd water. . . after a few minutes this settles down, but its lower than where you started. This could rise back to neutral, I am really not sure. .. I have always made a fresh batch, so I don't know what happens after 15 mins or so. .If it is in a closed bottle, I can't imagine that the nutes will get foul it a short period of time. . . lol

Anyone else have any clues?

Bagz :peace:

I mix a gallon of my Fox Farm nutes and let it sit till I need it or I gotta make a new batch, usually it sits for 2-4 days but I always go in there at least once a day n shake it up good...... I was kinda wondering the same thing b/c I have only used mine once or twice, not enough to know basically. I would imagine if you kept them from settling and what not you should be allright, I would also imagine if they are organic they might degrade a bit but I dunno. My advice to you is call the manufacturer of the nutes and ask them how long the mixes are good for.

Im so excited. Just went online and ordered some white russian seeds from serious seeds. Got them from Orion growshop. So I guess that is going to be my next grow. I should be getting them in 2 weeks or less. Says online that the thc potency is 22%.

I smoked some of that before.....very nice.....needless to say....i didn't feel up to the 100 meters sprint.

True. Thats good to hear. A cross between white widow and AK-47 cant be bad. Im gonna germinate them as soon as I get them. That will be my second grow journal, then I am going to create my DWC system. I still cant grasp this damn soil growing and feeding nutes. I have been doing every other watering with 1/4 strength solution, and there are still new issues on leafs. I will figure out a way to get pictures on here soon. I have to feed nutes today and I am going to add 1 tsp epsom salt just in case it is a mag deficeny (which I think it is). Talk to all u guys later. :peace:

WEEK 1 UPDATE!!!

Ok, so the babies, or should I say young ladies, have been flowering since yesterday. There are some issues popping up on the leafs as I said earlier, and those pictures are posted in this thread.

Help with problem please

But here are the week one pictures I have for you, nothing to special because they just started flowering.
groupshot1.jpg

There are two little ones in the second row, second and third from the left, and you cant really see them. The sizes of the plants are in inches:
1. 22 BB
2. 20 BB
3. 24 BB
4. 22 BB
5. 18 BG
6. 17 BG
7. 15 BG
8. 8 BG
9. 5 BG
The 8 incher hasnt shown much growth in the past week, so i dont know if he is going to make it all the way. The 5 incher, on the other hand, has grown three inches in the last week.

mother.jpg

Here is the mother. Chillin under the 125 floro.

Im out yall, gotta work. Help me out if u can please.
:peace:

Just checkin halfway through week one. The plants are getting big quick, and I can already see that some of them are girls by their hairs. Took some clones today for a friend(he is trading me a 20 lbs co2 tank) so the mother plant is a little trimmed. Leafs are still turning yellow, so I am going to give just fresh water for about a week. Be back thursday with the week 2 update.

Very interesting that the BlueBerry is so much bigger than the other. Strain differences, neat stuff. What are the flowering times on the BB and the BG?

Very interesting that the BlueBerry is so much bigger than the other. Strain differences, neat stuff. What are the flowering times on the BB and the BG?

The flowering times for both are 56-63 days. The blueberrys are bigger because they rooted in about half the time that the bubblegums did. But there is a big structural difference between them as well. The bubblegums grow more outwards, its wierd. It becomes more evident the longer they flower, so I will show the differences later. Now, time for the...

WEEK 2 UPDATE

So this is day 8 of flowering. Ok, so i got up and took the pictures early, submitted them before I went to class to take a test (that i aced, stoned cause I smoked a blunt on the way there), and now they are ready to post. So here they are...
DSC00356rev.jpg

Ok, so here are all of them. They have grown like weeds...:laughtwo:

DSC00357rev.jpg

The top of a bubblegum, i do believe.

DSC00358rev.jpg

You can see the pistils emerging on the eight day. Right side in the middle, its still curled over.

DSC00359rev.jpg

The biggest plant, a blueberry, 32 inches.

DSC00360rev.jpg

Heres a good height shot. They have grown so much, i love it.
Height Update:
1. 28 in. BB; grown 6 in.
2. 27 in. BB; grown 7 in.
3. 32 in. BB; grown 7 in.
4. 28 in. BB; grown 6 in.
5. 24 in. BG; grown 6 in.
6. 26 in. BG; grown 9 in!!
7. 23 in. BG; grown 8 in.
8. 10 in. BG; grown 2 inches(at least she is growing, it will be some bud)
9. 10 in. BG; grown 5 inches(hopefully will be one nice bubblegum bud)

And a couple of other things. Got on the general hydro website and it said to water soil with a 1/4 mixture every third watering. I am a fool and have been watering every other watering so i saw some nute burn. The last day I watered them with nutrients was 6 days ago, i watered with plain water 2 days ago, and will probably do it one more time with reg. water before i give them more nutes. I plan on flusing in the middle of week three and then go into their blooming and ripening stage. Then I will flush again a week and a half before I harvest. Planning on making a lot of modifications to the grow room after this harvest. And that will be when the white russian is coming around!! Sorry, its been my dream weed to grow and finally they are on its way.
Thanks beensmoking and brett for the positive input. Makes me feel good.
For now, i am out. :allgood:

Man if white russian is your dream, I really dont think anyone is gonna laugh at you for that, thats for sure. The genetics look great.

Your plants look great dude and they have really started to kick that flower stretch in. A inch a day is what you want from what I gather! PEACE!

Oh yeah, so guess who got their White Russian seeds in today??? I did. And they gave me an extra seed, so I got 11, and they also gave me 6 northern lights seeds too. So now I have 17 seeds to plant. So I am in a little bit of a predicament. I was planning on taking 2 clones from each plant before I flowered them, so then I could single out the females and chose the strongest plant's clone for my mother plant. But since I am planning to flower all 17, there is no room for me to take 34 clones. I was planning on just taking a clone from each female, once they have showed sex in the flowering room. Will that cause my plant to loose some of its good genetics to revert it back to veg. I have read it will some places.

PS- I also created my first carbon filter today. I am going to do 1 more, and I will post a thread for a how-to on how I did it.

OK, so today I am pretty much done with building the carbon filters. Now I just need to wait for the activated carbon to get here and I will be good to go. Here is the pic of what they look like now.
DSC00361rev.jpg

All I have to do is take off the cap and pour the carbon in here...
DSC00362rev.jpg

The carbon is going to come with filter lining, so that will go on the outside of the chicken wire to contain the carbon, then hook up to the fan I just bought and walah, no smell.

And here is my dream. The white russian seeds. I will be planting them as soon as the clones I have right now are rooted.
DSC00363rev.jpg

I am so excited. To read more about this strain, go here...English_seriousseeds

Peace guys, im out for now. :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom