Gardenfaerie Auto Fem - CFL to Greenhouse

I think your girls look lovely but I love the last pic. Where she is tied and the new growth is awesome. That is exactly how I got the runt baby to fill in and grow and that is the one you like with the dark leaves. Your flowers look like they are doing well also. I know nothing about autos other than I think I want to stay away from them. I like having a bit of control and is apparent by all my dang babies that I need to be able to veg them a bit longer some times. I feel silly even trying to give you advise but I will certainly give you kudos:circle-of-love: and + reaps.....

I think your girls look lovely but I love the last pic. Where she is tied and the new growth is awesome. That is exactly how I got the runt baby to fill in and grow and that is the one you like with the dark leaves. Your flowers look like they are doing well also. I know nothing about autos other than I think I want to stay away from them. I like having a bit of control and is apparent by all my dang babies that I need to be able to veg them a bit longer some times. I feel silly even trying to give you advise but I will certainly give you kudos:circle-of-love: and + reaps.....

Thank you both, Dennise and Brassic. I noticed in the photos there is a crystal coat on the leaves. That is only molasses and I already washed it off. I used it in my foliar. The plants outside in the greenhouse now are HAPPY! Wow. Photos next up.

My babies are outside in the fresh air with lots of nice sunshine and they LOVED it...or it looked like it. These autos are, well, who knows what they're up to. This is them by the door awaiting their exit.

IMG_033124.JPG
IMG_033226.JPG
IMG_033028.JPG

Here they are out in their new home.

IMG_033626.JPG
IMG_034027.JPG
IMG_033922.JPG
IMG_033822.JPG

Some close ups of the buds. If you notice on the foliage there is crystals which look like salt, they are dried molasses from the foliar feed I gave them. I washed it off when I put them into the greenhouse to give them a fresh new bath. It was 86 degrees here today. Tonight lows in the upper 40s and every day in the 80s with night differential of maybe 30 degrees to 50. I'm in heaven.

My new seeds can not arrive soon enough. A proper grow. Oh baby. Me like.

This is just outside the greenhouse on the south side. Just to the right is the house and my bedroom windows are right there parallel with the planting bed. Today we cleared off the trellis I made a long time ago using stuff from behind Walmart. Vines will grow back on that very rapidly and screen the growing area from that side. I have not formally taken photos or created screens, so stay tuned if interested. This is just the getting ready. I will start a different journal when I start outside.

If you look at the bed near the left of the photo going toward the shed, it is approximately 16 x 6' I plan to grow 7 or 9 plants, which will be trained. Right where the greenhouse sits now is where the pool deck is. I will grow plants in containers on the pool deck. Maybe three. First photos...phase 1. Clear away the winter and clean it up.

IMG_034417.JPG
IMG_034526.JPG

Hello miss faerie, we have not met properly; I am mcloadie, and I have a coupla questions that may spark a coupla questions on your end. I noticed you said that you moved your plants out to the greenhouse. What light schedule were they getting inside? I'm preparing to move some outside and there are concerns with the photoperiod. If the daylength isn't long enough they will flower prematurely, then do back into veg as the days get longer and it messes em up so that they start producing this lettuce like foliage and never develop proper buds. I'm vegging indoors and when I move the plants out I have to have the daylength slightly shorter than it is outside...or the same, but the indoor light will be on an increasing schedule when I move em. Anyhow, nice meeting you and I'm subd to this journal. I have begun to put the plants out in the daytime, yesterday was muted sunshine...overcast....4 hours, and when I brought em in they wouldn't fit under the light where they were previously. OOPS, now I see that they are autos....disregard a bunch of this post...LOL

Hey brooklyn, when you go outside I have some suggestions. Your horticulture background is absolutely relevant....it's all the same, just a little different. The cannabis is a picky soul, and has its preferences, you'll get the details down quickly with your background. Try not to get flowers wet EVER.....the pistils will brown up and begin to die! Foliar feeding is acceptable during the production of foliage....but flowers hate it! I'll be peeking in from time to time, welcome to 420! I am a legal grower, basically a managing entity at a fairly large facility. I have 54 holes to fill come spring, and I'm multiplying commercially attained cuttings to get my numbers ready. I'm growing in raised beds, scrogs basically.....just to support the colas when the time comes. I'm not doing a journal because we don't publicize photos of the joint for security and copyright concerns. I wish I could show what I do.......but I can explain it at various times, I won't hijack your thread, but I think I have some ideas that will click in your mind in relation to your greenhouse experience.

Hello miss faerie, we have not met properly; I am mcloadie, and I have a coupla questions that may spark a coupla questions on your end. I noticed you said that you moved your plants out to the greenhouse. What light schedule were they getting inside? I'm preparing to move some outside and there are concerns with the photoperiod. If the daylength isn't long enough they will flower prematurely, then do back into veg as the days get longer and it messes em up so that they start producing this lettuce like foliage and never develop proper buds. I'm vegging indoors and when I move the plants out I have to have the daylength slightly shorter than it is outside...or the same, but the indoor light will be on an increasing schedule when I move em. Anyhow, nice meeting you and I'm subd to this journal. I have begun to put the plants out in the daytime, yesterday was muted sunshine...overcast....4 hours, and when I brought em in they wouldn't fit under the light where they were previously. OOPS, now I see that they are autos....disregard a bunch of this post...LOL

Hahaha, that was cute! I'm glad you noticed they are autos. I will start my regular seeds when they arrive this week. I'll be starting a new journal growing White Widow x Big Bud, Lemon Haze, and some other very high yield, high THC strain. Very nice to meet you and thank you for subscribing. I kept thinking that to myself about the light and had to continually remind myself they are IN flower and autos, so what's the diff? If anything, the buds will get huge I hope!!! There is nothing like real sun.

Hahaha, that was cute! I'm glad you noticed they are autos. I will start my regular seeds when they arrive this week. I'll be starting a new journal growing White Widow x Big Bud, Lemon Haze, and some other very high yield, high THC strain. Very nice to meet you and thank you for subscribing. I kept thinking that to myself about the light and had to continually remind myself they are IN flower and autos, so what's the diff? If anything, the buds will get huge I hope!!! There is nothing like real sun.

I have a mind to start some plants outdoors and finish them inside. I'll see what happens, I'd bring them in at the equinox...........I love the solstice...and the equinox....we celebrate them!

Hey brooklyn, when you go outside I have some suggestions. Your horticulture background is absolutely relevant....it's all the same, just a little different. The cannabis is a picky soul, and has its preferences, you'll get the details down quickly with your background. Try not to get flowers wet EVER.....the pistils will brown up and begin to die! Foliar feeding is acceptable during the production of foliage....but flowers hate it! I'll be peeking in from time to time, welcome to 420! I am a legal grower, basically a managing entity at a fairly large facility. I have 54 holes to fill come spring, and I'm multiplying commercially attained cuttings to get my numbers ready. I'm growing in raised beds, scrogs basically.....just to support the colas when the time comes. I'm not doing a journal because we don't publicize photos of the joint for security and copyright concerns. I wish I could show what I do.......but I can explain it at various times, I won't hijack your thread, but I think I have some ideas that will click in your mind in relation to your greenhouse experience.

Let me make one thing clear, I want you to hijack my thread and I want you to give me tips, advice and suggestions. Yesterday I took a look at the bed I am going to prepare. We started to turn the soil, but it is still a bit too wet and it only got warm yesterday. It was 86 degrees here! Today I am going to dump compost on the bed and some granular cert. org. fert. I use Medina. Then I'll let the bed mellow under a bed of alfalfa hay.

I've been watching every video I can find on Youtube to learn to scrog. I'm not sure which would be better, the pulled string on the pvc method or the fencing held by a frame. I definitely plan to use this method. Then, I want to try super cropping. I think it's called that. You take your clone cuttings when the plant is flowering so when you root it, many, many branches develop, but scaffold branching. I also plan to lollypop, unless you tell me a reason why this should not be done.

Suffice to say, I accept and welcome all and any help, criticism, suggestions, posting on my journal photos, ideas, hopes, dreams, whatever! In other words, I am not a stuffed shirt and anything goes, baby! Teach me to grow medical marijuana so I can live out my years with a smile and function, because I have to tell you, the pain in my body is getting so out of control that discovering MMJ has been heaven sent for me.

I have a mind to start some plants outdoors and finish them inside. I'll see what happens, I'd bring them in at the equinox...........I love the solstice...and the equinox....we celebrate them!

I am pagan myself. I'm Buddhist, but still pagan, none the less! You know, in the eyes of the...never mind. I also love the solstice and equinox. I was born on the winter solstice...many years ago!

For the winter I plan on building a small grow closet in one of our spare bedrooms. Two people with four bedrooms, one is my meditation room, that is the room with the grow closet. I am going to use the set up I saw in a video on Youtube. I think it is Mr. Green? He assembles a beautiful situation and one side for veg. other for bud. One side fluorescent, other HID (1 lamp) and aquaponic. That way, when I clone my WW x BB when in flower (is that monster cropping?) and bring it under the lights over next fall/winter, I'll be able to grow one plant in the closet in each section and have a continual flow. By the end of summer, I will probably have enough to last me a year! YAY. Then I can give it to friends who have serious health problems like me. It's all good. I can't wait for your professional guidance. I count on it.

Let me make one thing clear, I want you to hijack my thread and I want you to give me tips, advice and suggestions. Yesterday I took a look at the bed I am going to prepare. We started to turn the soil, but it is still a bit too wet and it only got warm yesterday. It was 86 degrees here! Today I am going to dump compost on the bed and some granular cert. org. fert. I use Medina. Then I'll let the bed mellow under a bed of alfalfa hay.

I've been watching every video I can find on Youtube to learn to scrog. I'm not sure which would be better, the pulled string on the pvc method or the fencing held by a frame. I definitely plan to use this method. Then, I want to try super cropping. I think it's called that. You take your clone cuttings when the plant is flowering so when you root it, many, many branches develop, but scaffold branching. I also plan to lollypop, unless you tell me a reason why this should not be done.

Suffice to say, I accept and welcome all and any help, criticism, suggestions, posting on my journal photos, ideas, hopes, dreams, whatever! In other words, I am not a stuffed shirt and anything goes, baby! Teach me to grow medical marijuana so I can live out my years with a smile and function, because I have to tell you, the pain in my body is getting so out of control that discovering MMJ has been heaven sent for me.

You won't have any probs supplying your medical needs. I just turned my raised beds.....first time, planted a pound each of vetch and crimson clover. When the cover crops just get going good I'll dump a enough new soil on em to fill em back up....thank God for the disappearing soil syndrome! Then, I turn the whole mess in together and it'll sit for a short while then I put the plants out, which should be around 3-4 feet tall by then. The process of the cover crops is called "green manure". I think it's important that we hone our vocabularies in the way of terminology, that way, when we run into the experts, we know what they're talking about and can converse in familiar terms............I would hate to have a head blow me off because they thought I was too slow to comprende what they were putting down...LOL. Anyway, that's the reason I explain and use horticultural terminology when I can. I have 28 clones rooting as we speak.....and I'm running out of space, today I'm going to dig around as I see a crapload of lights stored everywhere.....I just have to see what I can do with what I have. I am very fortunate to have had great teachers....in the classroom and the field, this year I put my big boy pants on and get to have a go at some substantial work. I do alot of different things; from construction to consultation....if it grows....we can talk about and get it done........as good as anyone! The bone crushing sativas with the high thc content jam me up!, I like an 80/20 with the indica being the 80. It's all about concentrates these days.....I love me some wax! The high thc strains get me rushing and shaking and I can't concentrate, and then there's the paranoia that goes with it too. We have 23% sativa all the time and I steer clear..........like I said....the 90% wax is doin it for me.

You won't have any probs supplying your medical needs. I just turned my raised beds.....first time, planted a pound each of vetch and crimson clover. When the cover crops just get going good I'll dump a enough new soil on em to fill em back up....thank God for the disappearing soil syndrome! Then, I turn the whole mess in together and it'll sit for a short while then I put the plants out, which should be around 3-4 feet tall by then. The process of the cover crops is called "green manure". I think it's important that we hone our vocabularies in the way of terminology, that way, when we run into the experts, we know what they're talking about and can converse in familiar terms............I would hate to have a head blow me off because they thought I was too slow to comprende what they were putting down...LOL. Anyway, that's the reason I explain and use horticultural terminology when I can. I have 28 clones rooting as we speak.....and I'm running out of space, today I'm going to dig around as I see a crapload of lights stored everywhere.....I just have to see what I can do with what I have. I am very fortunate to have had great teachers....in the classroom and the field, this year I put my big boy pants on and get to have a go at some substantial work. I do alot of different things; from construction to consultation....if it grows....we can talk about and get it done........as good as anyone! The bone crushing sativas with the high thc content jam me up!, I like an 80/20 with the indica being the 80. It's all about concentrates these days.....I love me some wax! The high thc strains get me rushing and shaking and I can't concentrate, and then there's the paranoia that goes with it too. We have 23% sativa all the time and I steer clear..........like I said....the 90% wax is doin it for me.

I used to get paranoid when I smoked back in the day, but I haven't smoked in 30 years and this new pot which is grown now is SO much different than what I used to smoke in the 70s and 80s. I get a little anxious or heart racing, but I have breathing techniques to battle that. The pain killing effect of strong THC and CBD is something which relaxes my mind, taking stress off my body. I have not had enough good material to make wax or concentrates, but maybe down the line. I'm a med smoker, so the waxes may not ever be something I'd do. I have no idea.

And I agree with you when you talk about horticulture. For many years of posting online, I've learned to temper my language when it comes to botany because I've been accused of being an elitist or thinking I'm smarter than everyone, but the reality is, in science there is taxonomy and terminology which is in place because science is a universal language. It has to mean the same thing everywhere. So, term away my dear!

I used to get paranoid when I smoked back in the day, but I haven't smoked in 30 years and this new pot which is grown now is SO much different than what I used to smoke in the 70s and 80s. I get a little anxious or heart racing, but I have breathing techniques to battle that. The pain killing effect of strong THC and CBD is something which relaxes my mind, taking stress off my body. I have not had enough good material to make wax or concentrates, but maybe down the line. I'm a med smoker, so the waxes may not ever be something I'd do. I have no idea.

And I agree with you when you talk about horticulture. For many years of posting online, I've learned to temper my language when it comes to botany because I've been accused of being an elitist or thinking I'm smarter than everyone, but the reality is, in science there is taxonomy and terminology which is in place because science is a universal language. It has to mean the same thing everywhere. So, term away my dear!

That'sthe high thc content that's bringing the anxiety and heart racing. I thought all weed was like that til I started growing. As I mentioned, the 20% sativa....80% indica solved that problem for me. The thing with the wax is the purity, the process takes all the things I dislike out of the product, you're talking 90% thc or close between that and cbd, but the effects are wayyyyy different, it's just smoothe and clean......I don't smoke it, I vape it, which IMHO is the best way to consume the cannabis. I was never in a position to make the wax myself til now, we're getting a little over an ounce out of a pound of trimmed buds..........it's the best ever! HEhe, I'm supposed to get some 50/50 thc/cbd seeds today.......it's what the patients at the disp. are using most!

Just a note to 420 girl when she lurks here....wax can be made with non flammable solvents.....such as water! The waters not actually a solvent....but a collector of sorts.

That'sthe high thc content that's bringing the anxiety and heart racing. I thought all weed was like that til I started growing. As I mentioned, the 20% sativa....80% indica solved that problem for me. The thing with the wax is the purity, the process takes all the things I dislike out of the product, you're talking 90% thc or close between that and cbd, but the effects are wayyyyy different, it's just smoothe and clean......I don't smoke it, I vape it, which IMHO is the best way to consume the cannabis. I was never in a position to make the wax myself til now, we're getting a little over an ounce out of a pound of trimmed buds..........it's the best ever! HEhe, I'm supposed to get some 50/50 thc/cbd seeds today.......it's what the patients at the disp. are using most!

Yes, I am only growing C. indica dominant strains. I like the way the plant looks more, also. I am finding this is fast becoming a real hobby. I never tried any butters, but if we ever get to Colorado I will definitely try it. I'd also like to get some CBD only so I can see if the pain killing actually is more evident.

Subscribed. I notice your Flower Hasta Gro by Medina 6-12-6 with micronutrients does not list any calcium or magnesium, you will have to supplement calcium and magnesium.

I do supplement Mg and Ca by using epsom salts and a liquid Ca which I use for my parrot when she tries to lay eggs. When I start to grow in the ground, this will not be an issue. Our soils are alkaline with a lot of Ca in them. I'll have to amend the soil to bring the pH lower and allow all nutrients to be available. In my thirty years of growing and gardening, compost which is made organically, using rock dusts, and wind rows will absolutely make any soil friendly to any plant if you water properly. Organic matter is the difference. People make such a fuss over soil and they leave out the compost! I will use about a half yard on this tiny plot for nine plants. I wish my autos would start to really put on some buds. They are there, but stuck in perpetual nothingness. Autos...bah. I think anyway.

LOL. Brassic, I never would have made such a post if I didn't know you'd take it in stride. And no, I don't want a foot rub!
LMAOL

I used to get paranoid when I smoked back in the day, but I haven't smoked in 30 years and this new pot which is grown now is SO much different than what I used to smoke in the 70s and 80s.
Agreed. It's definitely different. Though I'm a life time smoker from my teens & was always able to tell that little paranoia man on my shoulder to shut the hell up & stop telling me lies in my ear.

LMAOL

Agreed. It's definitely different. Though I'm a life time smoker from my teens & was always able to tell that little paranoia man on my shoulder to shut the hell up & stop telling me lies in my ear.

Now as a grown up (!) I learned how to breath really deeply and very slowly from all the meditation. I can breath my way down from a panic attack, but a Xanax makes life easier! I haven't taken one of those in years.

Brooklyn, when we were in high school my friends and I use to always joke about the little man on your shoulder that came in every bag of weed. We even had a name for him; Mr. Paranoia. He'd start whispering all type of lies in your ear like "you're walking funny" or "everyone's bugging out on you". The worst was getting on the train without shades & have Mr. Paranoia on your shoulder starting his bull-crap. After about my 2nd year of HS I figured out how to ignore him and send him back to where ever the hell he came from. But now you rarely come across that type of weed so I'm not really sure that if I ran across some of that super duper paranoia weed I'd be able to handle it.

Or maybe I've been smoking it all along but just have gotten that good at handling it. LOL...

Brooklyn, when we were in high school my friends and I use to always joke about the little man on your shoulder that came in every bag of weed. We even had a name for him; Mr. Paranoia. He'd start whispering all type of lies in your ear like "you're walking funny" or "everyone's bugging out on you". The worst was getting on the train without shades & have Mr. Paranoia on your shoulder starting his bull-crap. After about my 2nd year of HS I figured out how to ignore him and send him back to where ever the hell he came from. But now you rarely come across that type of weed so I'm not really sure that if I ran across some of that super duper paranoia weed I'd be able to handle it.

I think we're all older now and have learned skills to cope. Since starting MMJ, I've been reading a lot about strains. When I was growing up I remember it was either good weed or not! We had Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, Thai Sticks, Hash Oil, blonde or brown or black hash. That was your selection! And that was NY. NOW, holy shite. After reading about many strains, I now know that I should avoid the Sativa's and stick to heavy Indica or ONLY Indica strains. We're going to have a new governor in our state this year and the woman who is running against the idiot who is governor now is PRO MMJ. It's a matter of time. Then I'll remodel my house because then, I will stay living here in this place where it is 80 degrees today.

Or maybe I've been smoking it all along but just have gotten that good at handling it. LOL...

Or maybe I've been smoking it all along but just have gotten that good at handling it. LOL...[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom