Gardenfaerie Outdoor Organic Summer 2014 Flux and LST in Ground

I agree that you should defoliate your plants. I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 7-10 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

There is a good example of how I defoliate in this Grow Journal and Review

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

@Bassman59 has detailed defoliation in his guide Increasing yield with defoliation indoors: What's it mean? How to do it?.

Yeah, what Fifi said...

Okay, here are a few photos after I defoliated. I swear I removed hundreds of leaves and in these photos it looks like I removed nothing.

I will definitely do a second defoliation on the appropriate day of flowering. The plants are now getting regular feedings of cal/mag, phosphorous, and 6-12-6 fertilizer. I know it says it has 12% P in it, but the plants are fine with the extra P in flower, I find.

IMG_22587.JPG

IMG_22576.JPG

IMG_22567.JPG

IMG_225012.JPG

IMG_22497.JPG

IMG_22489.JPG

Awesome defol work Brooklyn. :goodjob:

Lester, I am actually pretty amazed at the LED panels and how well they work from as far away from the plants as they are.

I'm glad you all think I did the defol right. I thought it looked okay until I saw the photos and they look like they have tons of foliage, but really it is not fans, just a few here and there and sugars. Yes, I am pretty pleased with these plants. Thanks for everyone helping me.

Thanks, Fifi. Yes, we are finally settling down. I had no idea just how phucked up his job was and what it was causing us.

And definitely yes, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE growing indoors MUCH more than outdoors. I'm sure Lester's hear sank, but I am with you on this one thing. I'll still grow outside, but I prefer inside. I think I have enough to last me quite a long time.

As a matter of fact, I think I will partake right now!
;)

Back
Top Bottom