Gardenfaerie Outdoor Organic Summer 2014 Flux and LST in Ground

Very cool GF:)....how cold does your winter get.....and does the radiator heater keep it pretty warm in there?.....i have a 10x10 framed greenhouse and used an ocillating heater last year....killed me on electric bill:)....:Namaste:

Our winters vary, but on average we do get frost. Our ground never freezes, though. It never stays below 27 for more than hours at a time. We can get very cold in single digits, but that is odd, very odd and once in 25 years type stuff. Days average 65F and nights average around 35.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the oil filled, sealed heaters. The unit has the oil inside and that gets very hot and stays hot even after the heating element goes off, so you do get better energy efficiency than you would with a heating element which gets orange hot and cools immediately after it turns off.

I buy my greenhouse heaters usually at the end of winter when they are on sale. But, even at full price, I believe if you search around you can get one of these oil filled heaters for under 50 and you will save money on electricity. Also, that is why I double greenhouse. Those two in the larger one will get about 5 degrees of protection with NO added heat.

My one thing is the outside insect situation. I'm so not into that on my pot! I'm with Fifi on that. So, ordering the rosemary oil to use as a systemic will be interesting to try.

Our winters vary, but on average we do get frost. Our ground never freezes, though. It never stays below 27 for more than hours at a time. We can get very cold in single digits, but that is odd, very odd and once in 25 years type stuff. Days average 65F and nights average around 35.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the oil filled, sealed heaters. The unit has the oil inside and that gets very hot and stays hot even after the heating element goes off, so you do get better energy efficiency than you would with a heating element which gets orange hot and cools immediately after it turns off.

I buy my greenhouse heaters usually at the end of winter when they are on sale. But, even at full price, I believe if you search around you can get one of these oil filled heaters for under 50 and you will save money on electricity. Also, that is why I double greenhouse. Those two in the larger one will get about 5 degrees of protection with NO added heat.

My one thing is the outside insect situation. I'm so not into that on my pot! I'm with Fifi on that. So, ordering the rosemary oil to use as a systemic will be interesting to try.

I am going to get one of them oil heaters you got...you talked me into it......we dont grow weed in there but i have my bellpepper plant that has been going for 2 years now......and my wife has a couple different veggies....other than that its exotic stuff she is growing......i did put up my first tent 2x4x6 after seeing your setup.....i put a 300watt led in there for her.....sealed up it is a good 10 to 15 degrees warmer with the led putting off heat....just enough to keep the plants happy:)....and our weather is pretty close to the same as yours:):):Namaste:

I am going to get one of them oil heaters you got...you talked me into it......we dont grow weed in there but i have my bellpepper plant that has been going for 2 years now......and my wife has a couple different veggies....other than that its exotic stuff she is growing......i did put up my first tent 2x4x6 after seeing your setup.....i put a 300watt led in there for her.....sealed up it is a good 10 to 15 degrees warmer with the led putting off heat....just enough to keep the plants happy:)....and our weather is pretty close to the same as yours:):):Namaste:

Great, you will love that heater so much more than the glowy one of ancient history! I do have a few of those too for really cold nights. I bought those before I bought the oil filled some years ago. I also have this indoor/outdoor remote thermometer for the greenhouse. It alerts me inside if the greenhouse gets too much lower than 55 degrees.

I plan to order and grow native plants and grasses to sell to the local nursery this spring. I did that for years. Just grow plants that no other grower is growing and you can't grow enough! Especially a trendy new native. People are now into ornamental native grasses like Muhly lindheimerii and Inland Sea Oats for shade. Since we live in a very hot sun location, many nurseries cater mostly to hot sun plants. I want to cater more to native ground covers also, but for shade.

In the colder areas of the greenhouse, I will use the space to vernalize any seeds which require this to germinate. I hope it is a cold winter. Less insects.

Hey GF! I hope all is good and green in your world my friend. Your missed around here ya know!!! Just make sure you pop by from time to time . No disappearing on us or else lol. Much love to you and Mark! :)
As for going to a cup, I'm soo lucky to have got an invite to Spannibis next year! I can't wait :)

Well aren't you the sweetest thing! I lurk around. I have nothing growing right now. Trying to decide if we hop in the car and go to Colorado for a few days. Check it out. I'm think with these storms right now maybe we should wait. I want to go, but not if the snow is 5 feet deep.

I'm right here. I never did get your messages or email! Congrats on being invited to Spannibis! Cool.

Love to you and K...

What's up Brooklyn? Get your butt back into the 420 swing of things...

I check in every day. Not much going on. I can say that I am devastated for the people in this country who have to live in constant, ongoing fear for their lives. I'm sad we still have racism right there for all to see and of course deny.

I thought this was the 21st century. I thought people progressed a tiny bit since the days of dogs and hoses on peaceful protesters. Ah well, we lose our humanity every day. The blacks in America are utterly brutalized and always have been. I'm sick of it. My mother's husband was black. I have a whole black family and I am lily, European, not a drip of black or Indian in me, white. Freckles and all. If I could afford it, I would leave and move up to Montreal or Quebec.

Other than that, I'm fine and when the BID grow starts, I will probably participate. Mark is still home. Won't look for a job till after the beginning of the year. With no income, we are living on savings and my disability. I just hate to dig deeper than the checking account. We haven't had to, so far. So we're hanging in.

big hugs...Happy Thanksgiving one and all.

Yeah, great world of man. As long as you're a white man, anyway. Makes me sick.

So I smoke my weed and get on with it. I gave some weed to the neighbor who has horrible PTSD from 5 active tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, then 3 years here after. Anyway, he loves it and came by yesterday for more. I hope I don't run out for him. Should last till the next grow is ready.

Have a great week everybody.

Hello Brooklyn, just dropping by to wish you & Mark a Happy & Safe Holiday Season...

Hello Brooklyn, just dropping by to wish you & Mark a Happy & Safe Holiday Season...

Thank you, Reggie. I wish the same for you and BG. This will be a nice, relaxed holiday for us. Mark still not working and I am loving it.

Life is a dream for some...I'm definitely one of those and have unmeasurable gratitude morning to night.

peace love,
V

Back
Top Bottom