GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

There no assistance to be had
My only hope for assistance just laughs at me, so I don't even ask her anymore...😬

Congrats on the harvest, and Happy trimming, GDB!

Hello all.

The Purple Tahoe was taken down this afternoon on her flip 93.

I surprised myself and made relatively quick work of her too. It only took me about 2.5 hours to get her down and lightly trimmed. (I'll be relying on my Bowl Trimmer to do the heavy lifting later.)

To these old eyes, this "purple" plant almost turned purple. Mrs. GDB looked at it and said it is purple but I don't quite see it. I see almost purple!

BTW, read the bag! :laugh:

Here's her obit pic:
PT OBIT 1-17-23 F93.JPG

And her "No Longer Supported" pic (Her flop would make Lebron James envious! :laugh:):
PT no support 1-17-23 F93.JPG

The array of the branches:
PT array 1-17-23 F93.JPG

She had a lot of small buds on side branches that I wasn't aware of during the grow because everything was sort of hidden by leaves. But she had a couple of big palooka buds too!

After a lite trim:
PT lite trim1 1-17-23 F93.JPG

Again, no big yield but hopefully a quality yield!

She'll spend the night paper-bagged in the fridge just like the Purple Dream did. That seems to be becoming my M.O. because after I trim them I just want to set them aside and take a break.

BTW, I decided on "slow and cold" drying for the Purple Dream. (Is that right, or is it "low and slow?" Whatever, they're in the fridge. :hmmmm: ) She went into Mason jars with the sealing plates replaced with cheesecloth and then into the fridge. I'm in no hurry, and that's a good thing because it takes a while to dry them in those jars! They dry quicker in the fridge when paper bags are used.
IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6164.jpg

In the batter's box, the Grandaddy Blacks! They're on the 2nd day of their second 2-day mini-drought. Tomorrow I'll water them to run off and that will be the beginning of the end for them.

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Hello all.

The Purple Tahoe was taken down this afternoon on her flip 93.

I surprised myself and made relatively quick work of her too. It only took me about 2.5 hours to get her down and lightly trimmed. (I'll be relying on my Bowl Trimmer to do the heavy lifting later.)

To these old eyes, this "purple" plant almost turned purple. Mrs. GDB looked at it and said it is purple but I don't quite see it. I see almost purple!

BTW, read the bag! :laugh:

Here's her obit pic:
PT OBIT 1-17-23 F93.JPG

And her "No Longer Supported" pic (Her flop would make Lebron James envious! :laugh:):
PT no support 1-17-23 F93.JPG

The array of the branches:
PT array 1-17-23 F93.JPG

She had a lot of small buds on side branches that I wasn't aware of during the grow because everything was sort of hidden by leaves. But she had a couple of big palooka buds too!

After a lite trim:
PT lite trim1 1-17-23 F93.JPG

Again, no big yield but hopefully a quality yield!

She'll spend the night paper-bagged in the fridge just like the Purple Dream did. That seems to be becoming my M.O. because after I trim them I just want to set them aside and take a break.

BTW, I decided on "slow and cold" drying for the Purple Dream. (Is that right, or is it "low and slow?" Whatever, they're in the fridge. :hmmmm: ) She went into Mason jars with the sealing plates replaced with cheesecloth and then into the fridge. I'm in no hurry, and that's a good thing because it takes a while to dry them in those jars! They dry quicker in the fridge when paper bags are used.
IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6164.jpg

In the batter's box, the Grandaddy Blacks! They're on the 2nd day of their second 2-day mini-drought. Tomorrow I'll water them to run off and that will be the beginning of the end for them.

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
Congrats on yer harvest n who doesn’t love 💕 a big palooka bud? I appreciate your comedic narrative as well. Lmao:rofl: :cheer::thanks:. CL🍀

Good morning all.

I'm about to go water the 2 mini-draughting Grandaddy Blacks to run off for the final time. They should be coming down within about a week's time.

But before I do that I need to be polite!
Congrats on the killer harvest.
Thanks so much Stinker. :thanks:
Happy Smashing GDB I hope she makes some good meds. :hookah::volcano-smiley:
Thanks Smoke. We're hoping for the same thing!
Nice harvest gdb wonderful buds :Namaste: 😍
Thank you GF!
Well done GDB and yes a MLK harvest it is.
Thanks Miss Carmen! No more date-centric titles for me! :)
Oh yea I sure did. Plant looked like hell but the takedown was masterful. :laughtwo:
Nev, I'm thinking you are quickly becoming the "master of the takedown!" :rofl:
impressive looking grow, looks tasty
Thanks so much Con. And thanks for stopping by!
Congrats on the harvest and good luck on the rest.
Thank you BudMan! What I wouldn't give for a Team GDB! :)
We can wait, and who knows...maybe we'll get to read Gina Lollobrigida's obit tomorrow!
Sorry to hear of her passing. She played a critical role in my life as I reached puberty! 🤓
We’re all counting on you and here with the mental support. :straightface:
What, huh? Where's Nev? :)
My only hope for assistance just laughs at me, so I don't even ask her anymore...😬

Congrats on the harvest, and Happy trimming, GDB!
Thanks so much Carcass!

You get a laugh. I get a grunt. I don't ask anymore either. :)
Congrats on taking number 2...oh that's no good. :hmmmm:
Chuckles! :laugh:
Not too painful then, but good you've figured out how to split it up to make it more tolerable. Nicely done!

Oh, and I'm seeing purple in those lovely flowers.
Everyone sees purple but me. Something must be wrong with my division! 👀
Congrats on yer harvest n who doesn’t love 💕 a big palooka bud?
Thanks Cap! Big palookas rule! :yummy:
Keep bringing them home brother! I have to try fridge drying some day! When the kids move out.
It tries one's patience in the jars Stone. A few times in the past I've left them in the fridge for about 4 weeks and then taken them out and put them in my mesh hanger to finish. By then they only need 3-4 days in the hanger.

-----------

PEACE

Good morning all.

I'm about to go water the 2 mini-draughting Grandaddy Blacks to run off for the final time. They should be coming down within about a week's time.

But before I do that I need to be polite!

Thanks so much Stinker. :thanks:

Thanks Smoke. We're hoping for the same thing!

Thank you GF!

Thanks Miss Carmen! No more date-centric titles for me! :)

Nev, I'm thinking you are quickly becoming the "master of the takedown!" :rofl:

Thanks so much Con. And thanks for stopping by!

Thank you BudMan! What I wouldn't give for a Team GDB! :)

Sorry to hear of her passing. She played a critical role in my life as I reached puberty! 🤓

What, huh? Where's Nev? :)

Thanks so much Carcass!

You get a laugh. I get a grunt. I don't ask anymore either. :)

Chuckles! :laugh:

Everyone sees purple but me. Something must be wrong with my division! 👀

Thanks Cap! Big palookas rule! :yummy:

It tries one's patience in the jars Stone. A few times in the past I've left them in the fridge for about 4 weeks and then taken them out and put them in my mesh hanger to finish. By then they only need 3-4 days in the hanger.

-----------

PEACE
Big palooka’s forever! :goodjob: :hookah::woohoo::adore:CL🍀

Hello gang.

I'm having a posting good time today!

Things are coming down to the wire so there's much info. to relay.

I watered the 2 Grandaddy Blacks (on flip 79) to run-off this morning. They're coming off of a second 2-day mini-drought. For any of you who may be tracking this droughting thing, it wasas follows:

Initial 3-day drought. (Plants looked like crap so were watered to run-off on the night of the 3rd day)
First 2-day drought. (After drying out from the previous watering given 1L each)
Second 2-day drought. (Then watered to run-off this morning)

So 7 days of droughting, sort of. They each took about 3.6L of water to begin peeing. They look like they've been taken very close to -- but not quite over -- the edge.

GDB#1
GDB1 1-18-23 F79.jpg

GDB#2
GDB2 1-18-23 F79.jpg

The buds still have a nice look to them:

GDB#1
GDB1 bud 1-18-23 F79.JPG

GDB#2
GBD2 bud 1-18-23 F79.JPG

I scoped one of them and the trichs are in a good place with not too much amber.
gdb trich2 1-18-23 F79.jpg

gdb trich1 1-18-23 F79.jpg

gdb trich 1-18-23 F.jpg

Once she's done drinking what she's been given today I'll likely give her the chop!

-----------

The other remaining plant, the Pineapple Express (on flip 74) has been nothing but a pleasure to watch. Even with her yellow leaves I'm unable to look away!

PE 1-18-23 F74.jpg

Her trichs say she's nearing the end as well:

PE trch2 1-18-23 F74.jpg

PE trich1 1-18-23 F74.jpg

It would be great if I could take all 3 of the remaining plants down together -- labor intensive, but still great. Then I'd be able to use the 5x5 tent to hang my mesh rack in and dial in the ideal drying environment for them.

I might make that happen even if the PE has to be taken down a little early!

Thanks for your time.

PEACE.

Hello gang.

I'm having a posting good time today!

Things are coming down to the wire so there's much info. to relay.

I watered the 2 Grandaddy Blacks (on flip 79) to run-off this morning. They're coming off of a second 2-day mini-drought. For any of you who may be tracking this droughting thing, it wasas follows:

Initial 3-day drought. (Plants looked like crap so were watered to run-off on the night of the 3rd day)
First 2-day drought. (After drying out from the previous watering given 1L each)
Second 2-day drought. (Then watered to run-off this morning)

So 7 days of droughting, sort of. They each took about 3.6L of water to begin peeing. They look like they've been taken very close to -- but not quite over -- the edge.

GDB#1
GDB1 1-18-23 F79.jpg

GDB#2
GDB2 1-18-23 F79.jpg

The buds still have a nice look to them:

GDB#1
GDB1 bud 1-18-23 F79.JPG

GDB#2
GBD2 bud 1-18-23 F79.JPG

I scoped one of them and the trichs are in a good place with not too much amber.
gdb trich2 1-18-23 F79.jpg

gdb trich1 1-18-23 F79.jpg

gdb trich 1-18-23 F.jpg

Once she's done drinking what she's been given today I'll likely give her the chop!

-----------

The other remaining plant, the Pineapple Express (on flip 74) has been nothing but a pleasure to watch. Even with her yellow leaves I'm unable to look away!

PE 1-18-23 F74.jpg

Her trichs say she's nearing the end as well:

PE trch2 1-18-23 F74.jpg

It would be great if I could take all 3 of the remaining plants down together -- labor intensive, but still great. Then I'd be able to use the 5x5 tent to hang my mesh rack in and dial in the ideal drying environment for them.

Thanks for your time.

PEACE.
looks awesome you have some huge buds there

I once harvested 2 plants that were ready, and then I decided I should make it easy for myself and harvest a 3rd plant that was wasn't quite ready but I felt it'd be nice and tidy to take it down with the others. It was a bad decision and I effectively wasted all the time and growth that went into the plant for a weak result. So from then on I try to harvest only when ready. That's just my 2 cents, your's may well be in the harvest 'zone' anyway. Cheers.

I'd say there's a lot of clear in all the trich pics, so 10 days would be my call.
Well I just saw the pics of your solo cup Candida and now I'm not so sure you know how or when to make a call! :rofl:

Hello folks.

I took down the 2 Grandaddy Blacks today.

My attempt at droughting these 2 took them right to the edge. They felt a little crispy as I worked on them. I hope I didn't take them a bridge too far. I don't think I did but I do believe I got real close to doing so! :straightface:

Here's their OBIT pic:
GDBS Obit2 1-20-23 F81.JPG

A silhouette shot:
GDBs END silhouette 1-20-23 F 81.JPG

Her "No Longer Supported" pic is not nearly as dramatic as I thought it would be. When I removed her supports she mostly stayed upright.
GDBS end no support 1-20-23.jpg

Pile of branches. I'm going to be here for a minute. Good thing I've got some Miller Lites!
GDBs END pile1 1-20-23 F81.JPG

Vexed once again by side branch buds. I'm starting to really dislike these under-developed things and will try to avoid them in future grows. (I gave this pile to my wayward son, who likes to cook with weed and was happy to take them.)
GDBs vexed 1-20-23 F81.jpg

After a trim:
GDBs END lite trim 1-20-23 F81.JPG

I scoped her before takedown. Not that it mattered because she was coming down no matter what. But it seems I took her a bit early.
GDB_scope2 1-20-23 F81.jpg

GDB_scope1 1-20-23 F81.jpg

GDB_scope 1-20-23 F81.jpg

Per my usual practice as of late, I put the goodies in a brown paper bag and stuck it in the fridge for the night.

Now only the Pineapple Express remains for the Thanksgiving Harvest grow! I can say with confidence that the last Thanksgiving plant will come down before Easter. :)

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Congratulations on the harvest. Nice buds!
They look mature to me. Once mature I think its subjective as to what you want. Greasy :yummy:

I took down the 2 Grandaddy Blacks today.
:yahoo: They're dropping like flies now!
When I removed her supports she mostly stayed upright.
Sometimes upright is better than the flop. :)
Vexed once again by side branch buds. I'm starting to really dislike these under-developed things and will try to avoid them in future grows. (I gave this pile to my wayward son,
He might be less wayward if you keep that up.
Now only the Pineapple Express remains for the Thanksgiving Harvest grow! I can say with confidence that the last Thanksgiving plant will come down before Easter.
I'll take that bet!

Back
Top Bottom