GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

I have never understood why they designed the pumps inside the reservoir it seems they could of plumbed it like a live well in a fishing boat to reduce heat within the reservoir.

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

I have never understood why they designed the pumps inside the reservoir it seems they could of plumbed it like a live well in a fishing boat to reduce heat within the reservoir.

I totally agree! If the pump wasn't physically inside the water, it wouldn't be such a problem. I have been just using those small rectangular BLUE ICE things you put in ice chests to keep food and beer cold etc. Since they are a gel, they stay colder longeer, so only one of those will last for 12 hours. I swap them out in the morning and at night just before I go to bed.

So far, the temps are staying in the low 70s right where I want them to be. Have had the humidity dome off now for almost 36 hours and the cuttings look fine. No wilting or drying out etc. :)

Nice to know I'm not the only one who's had heat issues with the TK - just sorry to hear it's YOU! :)
I'm in zone 10b, so it's always warm here and room temps rarely get below 75* without the A/C cranking, which is why I switched to the Rapid Rooters. At the higher temps, you may need to do some more frequent water changes and/or add some H2O2. :goodluck:

Key Mr. K!

Well...Mine is in a pretty narrow but 10 foot long closet, but it doesn't get very good air circulation in there unless the AC is running. The floor vent is right in front of the closet so in the spring or summer, I just put one of those scoop attachments onto the floor vent and it forces the air into the closet and the cloner stays nice and cool. But right now, we ain't running the AC when it is in the low 40s or colder outside! lol!

These Blue Ice things seem to be doing the trick. Not a big deal to swap them in and out. I usually check the PH of the reservoir water at the same time I have the cover propped open to get at the water. :)

Key Mr. K!

Well...Mine is in a pretty narrow but 10 foot long closet, but it doesn't get very good air circulation in there unless the AC is running. The floor vent is right in front of the closet so in the spring or summer, I just put one of those scoop attachments onto the floor vent and it forces the air into the closet and the cloner stays nice and cool. But right now, we ain't running the AC when it is in the low 40s or colder outside! lol!

These Blue Ice things seem to be doing the trick. Not a big deal to swap them in and out. I usually check the PH of the reservoir water at the same time I have the cover propped open to get at the water. :)

Yeah, I went with frozen water bottles, but it was too much of a hassle for me swapping them out 3x per day. Also, I have the T-24 which is pretty small, but I believe uses the same pump as the T-48, so it heats up much quicker.

hey gg7 whats crackalackin!? so im excited as hell i have found out that i will be having some official kens cut gdp reg seeds in my stocking on xmas morning along with some others i wanted but she wont tell me those lol, so to go along with my blue dream thanks to hozona , ill have 3 regular seeds of the offical gdp im just praying that i dont get all 1 sex! that would suck, but im sure i will get both 1 boy 2 girls would be ideal, and oh yeah buddy will i ever be making seeds i will set up my small tent just to breed em i will let a male and a female live together start to finish , i do plan to collect and store a buttload of pollen too ,so i can make gdp crosses with all my females as i see fit, can you imagine some of the crosses , blue dreamXgdp, blue cheeseXgdp one i want to do is my royal purple kush male with gdp, and since purple #1 turns purple regardless of temp it would be cool to make a gdp that changes color without the need for cold temps,! im all little kid excited about this! lol i gotta go back and look at all your gdp grow pics now lol

hey gg7 whats crackalackin!? so im excited as hell i have found out that i will be having some official kens cut gdp reg seeds in my stocking on xmas morning along with some others i wanted but she wont tell me those lol, so to go along with my blue dream thanks to hozona , ill have 3 regular seeds of the offical gdp im just praying that i dont get all 1 sex! that would suck, but im sure i will get both 1 boy 2 girls would be ideal, and oh yeah buddy will i ever be making seeds i will set up my small tent just to breed em i will let a male and a female live together start to finish , i do plan to collect and store a buttload of pollen too ,so i can make gdp crosses with all my females as i see fit, can you imagine some of the crosses , blue dreamXgdp, blue cheeseXgdp one i want to do is my royal purple kush male with gdp, and since purple #1 turns purple regardless of temp it would be cool to make a gdp that changes color without the need for cold temps,! im all little kid excited about this! lol i gotta go back and look at all your gdp grow pics now lol

Congrats on the Ken's Cut my friend! :thumb:

I am sure you will be VERY pleased with what that strain can put out! Cool idea about the cross to minimize the requirement for low temps for purple production!

I ended up having to yank all the original GDP #2 cuttings from the cloner. The growing tips were all shriveled up and getting black. The stems on the underside didn't look any better.

Just took three new cuttings from #2 and put them in the cloner this morning. GDP #1 cuttings are doing fine. Unfortunately now, I am going to have a staggered rooting schedule if I get that far!

This will be the absolute LAST TIME I ever run the cloner in the middle of winter! Not worth the trouble!

PHOTO UPDATE 12/13/12
Here are the latest photos of the two GDP mother plants and the clones in the cloner

I was forced to kull out all the GDP #2 cuttings taken a little over a week ago. The growing tips were dead and they just didn't look viable. Took another three cuttings from GDP #2 today and put those cuttings into the cloner.

GDP #1 cuttings have been doing great, but no root buds showing yet.

Here are the latest photos of both the two GDP mothers as well as the latest batch of cuttings in the Turbo Klone T-48...

P10100541.JPG
P10100552.JPG
P10100563.JPG
P10100576.JPG
P10100584.JPG
P10100598.JPG
P101006010.JPG
P10100618.JPG
P10100628.JPG

I will NEVER attempt to run a cloning session in the dead of winter again! Too much trouble!

Goose, Could be their hormones have not had time to settle down. Then again you have already gotten normal leaves on them hmmm I don't really know just guessing! I have never cloned a reveg before.
Do you have any root bumps forming on the Gdp 1 yet?

Goose, Could be their hormones have not had time to settle down. Then again you have already gotten normal leaves on them hmmm I don't really know just guessing! I have never cloned a reveg before.
Do you have any root bumps forming on the Gdp 1 yet?

Hey Gitter!

Well... 1 & 2 are both looking great, so if this cloning session keeps going south, I will just bag it for now and try again in March or April. At this point it is looking like I will have AT LEAST TWO GDP plants to grow out for 2013!

"Everytime I try to get out, THEY KEEP PULLING ME BACK IN!!" lol! :laughtwo:

P.S. No sign of root bumps yet. I think you may be right that the plants are not completely in the proper "state" for cuttings to root quickly. Like I said, I usually clone much later in the season from revegged mothers or clones taken at the end of the growing season.

Hey Gitter!

Well... 1 & 2 are both looking great, so if this cloning session keeps going south, I will just bag it for now and try again in March or April. At this point it is looking like I will have AT LEAST TWO GDP plants to grow out for 2013!

"Everytime I try to get out, THEY KEEP PULLING ME BACK IN!!" lol! :laughtwo:

P.S. No sign of root bumps yet. I think you may be right that the plants are not completely in the proper "state" for cuttings to root quickly. Like I said, I usually clone much later in the season from revegged mothers or clones taken at the end of the growing season.

Cool! We love seeing the outdoor plants you bring us!

, yup im really excited to get on the gdp bus! i dont know if we've discussed the root plugs aka root riot aka rapid rooters, or if you have used them but i gotta say i have not seen anything root better or faster, i did my aero cloner last time due to poor success cloning blue cheese, ,i put a couple in root plugs in the netpots in the cloner the funny thing is the very first one to show roots was a blue cheese in a plug! i i did some thinking on the past bc clones i took and they were all from plants that had been harvested, and i took small budded stems for clones, one did root but didnt make it, after much thought im pretty darn sure if i took good clones from a plant not at the end of its life my past attempts would have turned out better, im going to test my idea soon with some new bc clones taken from the ones i have going now, just letting them get a little bigger and waiting for 5 finger leaves first, anyway i was just thinking you might wanna give those a try, they put something in them mykos,hormones,nutes i dont know for sure but they sure are magic, for seeds too, i have had seedling sprout in 12 hours using root plugs vs rockwool 24-38 hours same batch of seeds, anyway something to think about:thumb:

Yeah, I went with frozen water bottles, but it was too much of a hassle for me swapping them out 3x per day. Also, I have the T-24 which is pretty small, but I believe uses the same pump as the T-48, so it heats up much quicker.

I could definitely see how much faster that smaller unit would heat up, especially if it uses the same size pump that mine has!

, yup im really excited to get on the gdp bus! i dont know if we've discussed the root plugs aka root riot aka rapid rooters, or if you have used them but i gotta say i have not seen anything root better or faster, i did my aero cloner last time due to poor success cloning blue cheese, ,i put a couple in root plugs in the netpots in the cloner the funny thing is the very first one to show roots was a blue cheese in a plug! i i did some thinking on the past bc clones i took and they were all from plants that had been harvested, and i took small budded stems for clones, one did root but didnt make it, after much thought im pretty darn sure if i took good clones from a plant not at the end of its life my past attempts would have turned out better, im going to test my idea soon with some new bc clones taken from the ones i have going now, just letting them get a little bigger and waiting for 5 finger leaves first, anyway i was just thinking you might wanna give those a try, they put something in them mykos,hormones,nutes i dont know for sure but they sure are magic, for seeds too, i have had seedling sprout in 12 hours using root plugs vs rockwool 24-38 hours same batch of seeds, anyway something to think about:thumb:

I know that a lot of the folks on here use those Rapid Rooters. Seen them mentioned in many a journal! For me, I have always had good results with my T-48, and since I don't usually put it into service until just before the start of the growing season, I haven't had to deal with this level of heat control issues.

The cuttings in there now are looking good. No humidity dome on now, so that makes a very noticeable difference with the amount of heat getting to the water inside.

I know that a lot of the folks on here use those Rapid Rooters. Seen them mentioned in many a journal! For me, I have always had good results with my T-48, and since I don't usually put it into service until just before the start of the growing season, I haven't had to deal with this level of heat control issues.

The cuttings in there now are looking good. No humidity dome on now, so that makes a very noticeable difference with the amount of heat getting to the water inside.

I noticed when my dome is off the res starts to over heat. So I keep my dome on but have the slots open so theres a good air flow and humidity doesnt build up. Im using a T5 for lighting for clones and veg, produces alot of heat in a closed space I guess.

I could probably get by with a lot less light than what I have. I've got one of those Hydrofarm GIANT CFL fixtures. Can't remember the wattage off the top of my head, but it does put out a respectable amount of heat. I just don't have the energy right now to go in there and screw with the current setup. Under normal conditions and during my usual cloning time of the year, all this works like clockwork!

Interesting that your himidity dome makes your cloner LESS prone to higher water temps. I have found just the opposite with my setup.

Yea i didnt really notice it until I kept the dome off and went to check the res and it was always hotter then usual when the dome is on. It kinda leave me in a stuck situation really becasue once all of the clones have well enough roots im going to remove the dome. So ill have to deal with the high water temps at some point. Miwa kind of gave me an idea with using some type of myler foil or reflective paper and wrap that over top of the bin. I would just have to poke wholes so I can slip the cuttings threw into the aero disc. But once they grow roots youll have to rip the foil to remove the cuttings so IDK. I think they should start making the tops a solid white instead of black. It attracts to much heat.

Purple Rhino POTM Winner November 2012

I was going through some old unsorted photos and I was thrilled to find a great shot of my winning PR plant just before it was harvested last year. While we are waiting on the cloner session, I thought I would go ahead and post this nice photo. This plant remains hands down the most beautiful Cannabis plant I have personally ever seen.

Until this plant started producing these amazing deep rich purple flowers, I had no idea that Cannabis as a species was even capable of this kind of appearance. In person it was truly stunning!

I'm so pleased that it won, even without this newly discovered pre-harvest image taken in late September of 2011.

Purple_Rhino_POTM_November_2012.jpg

HEY! 'Grats on the win, belated as it is... You know my love for purples :cheesygrinsmiley:. It really is a unique looking plant, there.

I will NEVER attempt to run a cloning session in the dead of winter again! Too much trouble!

That's interesting. I've got 21 cuttings right now, that, with the exception of one, are doing pretty well, at 10 or so days. Some even have a good mass of roots sticking out the bottom of the starter cubes. Granted, I am a little lower in elevation than you, but in a controlled environment, it shouldn't make a difference in the time of year when inside. Outside, yeah, but when inside, you control the sun, and temps. You've actually tricked the plants into thinking it's springtime again. Now, having plants that have been revegged a couple times already, might have something to do with that, and maybe we're seeing a bit of clone burnout. Wasn't it you that wad a little problem with that earlier this year?

Its all Location, Location, Location! the small width but long sliding door closet I have my cloner in just needs some cooling from our central AC when a session is underway. At this point in the dead of winter up here, it would probably be a bad idea to run our AC when it is 38 degrees outside! lol!

I am going to give these cuttings another few days to see if any of them start root budding, but I can tell from the tops, that the heat is taking its toll on them. Its looking most likely at this point that I am going to bag this session, toss the cuttings and just wait it out until we get closer to spring when I can run the cloner in a more hospitable environment for the GDP cuttings.

The mother plants are looking awesome! I have no doubt that the next session I run with a new batch of more mature revegged cuttings and a "cooler" cloning closet will yield the desired results with a lot less HASSLE!

Back
Top Bottom