GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

root plugs all the way man, they never fail me, but rockwool is 50/50 for me

I hear ya, but I don't want to spend any money on that since I have a cloner. Just went with what I already had in the greenhouse.

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Plants Topped • Rockwool Cloning Attempt • 12/29/12

I decided to go ahead and top GDP #1 and put the cuttings in Rockwool. I also decided to take three cuttings from GDP #2 just so that I had both plants represented in case these actually root. I soaked the cubes in a solution of Liquinox B1 transplant solution and also sprayed the cuttings with the same solution after coating the stems with Clonex Gel. I then took some soda water bottles and cut the tops off to act as humidity domes for the cuttings just to give them a better chance at survival along with a couple of empty bird seed containers. (The taller tubes) I just placed the cuttings in the bathtub where they will be somewhat shaded from direct light and also the higher temps closer to the lights. I also sprayed the inside of each water bottle with the B1 solution to keep things humid inside the domes.

Here are a few photos first showing the topped mother plants and then the cuttings with their makeshift humidity domes on them. I have three cuttings from each mother plant for now. When I water the mother plants, the runoff should flow across the bottoms of the cubes and soak up some of the water, so hopefully I won't have to remove the water bottles to directly water the cuttings.

We shall see how they do over the next couple of weeks. ;)

P10101253.JPG
P10101204.JPG
P10101214.JPG
P10101174.JPG
P10101184.JPG
P10101192.JPG

Whew... A lot of information hear. Finally decided to step my game up and take a look at this thread. :) I am only on page 3 but will get caught up.

Ok, GG so I got my GDP and starting my second journal and hoping mine come out like yours

I see you got the clones in there. Have they rooted or any signs of roots yet? As long as there still alive I guess right :)

Hey Wiz!

They are still alive but no roots yet. I took the domes off them about 4 days ago and they are fine. Hopefully they will start rooting soon, but Rockwool always takes forever anytime I have ever tried it, so it could be several more weeks yet before they do anything.

Will keep you guys posted!

Meanwhile, the mother plants are doing fine too. Had to spray #1 with some SNS when I started seeing early signs of Spider Mites. Seems to have done the trick, but the plant has so much growth on it, that I practically used the entire bottle!

PHOTO UPDATE 02/03/13
Long Overdue Update on the Project

First of all, I wanted to explain why it has been so long between updates...

Some background...

I suffered a pretty major knee injury back in 2004 and have been dealing with the after effects of this injury on and off ever since. About three weeks ago my knee started really acting up so I went down to the city for an MRI. The MRI found over a half dozen significant issues with my knee that basically added up to the need for knee replacement surgery. I am still evaluating my options with this diagnosis, since this will be a major surgery and put me out of commission for several weeks afterwards. There is no going back after this is done, so I am not taking this lightly.

I have been unable to put any weight on my left leg for weeks and the pain has been through the roof, so obviously I was in no position to be able to do anything with the plants or post anything on this web site. Last week with the help of a like-minded neighbor, we transplanted the 6 surviving GDP cuttings into 1.5 gallon AirPots after they started to show roots poking through the bottom of the Rockwool cubes. I am using my usual Black Gold Waterhold Cocoblend soil soaked in Liquinox B1 transplant solution.

Not a bad result in the end. We only lost 2 of the cuttings during the rooting process and we ended up with 6 viable clones as I had hoped.

Today is the first day that I have been able to hobble around without the need to use a walker, so I could finally carry a watering can from the kitchen sink to the grow rooms. I gave the clones their first feed of FoxFarm Grow Big this morning and took the following photos of everything.

As you will see in the photos, all of the plants are doing really well. A few of the clones are on the small side, but they all have a decent root structure and I am sure that all of them will start growing rapidly now that they are in actual soil. I am currently leaving the light cycle at 17 hours on, and will leave this setting in place until the new plants are about a foot tall.

P10102263.JPG

GDP #1

P10102272.JPG

GDP #2

P10102283.JPG

The New Clones

P10102291.JPG
P10102302.JPG
P1010231.JPG
P10102321.JPG
P10102332.JPG
P10102343.JPG

So... That is where things stand at the moment. Will probably be another 4-6 weeks before we can resume the CS experiment. The only possible hitch will be if I end up scheduling my surgery between now and when these plants are in flower.

I also plan to use the GDP pollen that TG sent me to pollenate some of the bud sites on GDP 1 and 2, so regardless of the CS project results, I should end up with some GDP seeds from the pollenated bud sites on 1 and 2.

Thanks again to Tactical Grow for sending me some of the pollen from his Ken's GDP male plant! Really appreciate it man! :thumb:

I will try to keep you guys posted on a more regular basis barring any unforseen issues with my knee between now and the next update.

Feel free to post your comments!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Cheers. :)

Sorry about the problems with your knee man. Rough month youve been having hope it all turns around soon. I see the clones finally took root. Thats a good thing now that the journal can continue now. Im still amped to see how it works since I'm also going to be using ultra CS. Had to give you reps GG. Those GDP plants are tree's. The stock is the size of a fist :thumb:

Sorry about the problems with your knee man. Rough month youve been having hope it all turns around soon. I see the clones finally took root. Thats a good thing now that the journal can continue now. Im still amped to see how it works since I'm also going to be using ultra CS. Had to give you reps GG. Those GDP plants are tree's. The stock is the size of a fist :thumb:

Hey Wiz!

Thanks Man! Yeah...The last few months have been pretty brutal. One crap sandwitch after another, but you just gotta keep pushing along as best you can.

I hear ya regarding GDP 1 and 2! They really have come back with gusto thats for sure! In all the confusion I lost track of which plant the surviving clones came from, but not big deal. GDP 1 and 2 both came from the same mother plant originally, so it doesn't really matter.

As you saw from those photos, a few of the clones are bigger than the others, but I have seen small clones end up being the biggest plants when all is said and done. GDP #1 for example was a wimpy little clone when it first rooted and now look at it! :)

Are you starting with your CS project right now, or are you going to wait until growing season to start on it?

I know what you mean about small clones I had my fair share. Once the root system start really kickin in theyll explode like nobodies business. Im dealing with a 5" clone now that dont want to speed up. Real stubborn lol. As for the CS im going to be starting when you start. Im not making a journal out of it, I would like to just follow your steps and then just make sure im doing it right I will share my pics if you dont mind just incase I have questions about how things are suppose to look with time. So im hanging from your journal on this one.

Oh and im still happy about you telling me about that Liquanox B-1 man I seriously put that over super thrive. Good stuff indeed in jumped started alot of my plants that was falling behind.

Do you add some type of mycorrhizae to your clones before you transplant??? Ive been using Great White. Gets there roots jump start plus its water soluble so I use every 2 weeks. Also SNS 604A works very well also

PHOTO UPDATE 02/03/13
Long Overdue Update on the Project

First of all, I wanted to explain why it has been so long between updates...

Some background...

I suffered a pretty major knee injury back in 2004 and have been dealing with the after effects of this injury on and off ever since. About three weeks ago my knee started really acting up so I went down to the city for an MRI. The MRI found over a half dozen significant issues with my knee that basically added up to the need for knee replacement surgery. I am still evaluating my options with this diagnosis, since this will be a major surgery and put me out of commission for several weeks afterwards. There is no going back after this is done, so I am not taking this lightly.

I have been unable to put any weight on my left leg for weeks and the pain has been through the roof, so obviously I was in no position to be able to do anything with the plants or post anything on this web site. Last week with the help of a like-minded neighbor, we transplanted the 6 surviving GDP cuttings into 1.5 gallon AirPots after they started to show roots poking through the bottom of the Rockwool cubes. I am using my usual Black Gold Waterhold Cocoblend soil soaked in Liquinox B1 transplant solution.

Not a bad result in the end. We only lost 2 of the cuttings during the rooting process and we ended up with 6 viable clones as I had hoped.

Today is the first day that I have been able to hobble around without the need to use a walker, so I could finally carry a watering can from the kitchen sink to the grow rooms. I gave the clones their first feed of FoxFarm Grow Big this morning and took the following photos of everything.

As you will see in the photos, all of the plants are doing really well. A few of the clones are on the small side, but they all have a decent root structure and I am sure that all of them will start growing rapidly now that they are in actual soil. I am currently leaving the light cycle at 17 hours on, and will leave this setting in place until the new plants are about a foot tall.

P10102263.JPG

GDP #1

P10102272.JPG

GDP #2

P10102283.JPG

The New Clones

P10102291.JPG
P10102302.JPG
P1010231.JPG
P10102321.JPG
P10102332.JPG
P10102343.JPG

So... That is where things stand at the moment. Will probably be another 4-6 weeks before we can resume the CS experiment. The only possible hitch will be if I end up scheduling my surgery between now and when these plants are in flower.

I also plan to use the GDP pollen that TG sent me to pollenate some of the bud sites on GDP 1 and 2, so regardless of the CS project results, I should end up with some GDP seeds from the pollenated bud sites on 1 and 2.

Thanks again to Tactical Grow for sending me some of the pollen from his Ken's GDP male plant! Really appreciate it man! :thumb:

I will try to keep you guys posted on a more regular basis barring any unforseen issues with my knee between now and the next update.

Feel free to post your comments!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Cheers. :)

Glad I was able to help you out! Hope all goes well with the knee. If you need anything let me know. The plants are looking great! I had to move my grow for a little bit but all is well in my neck of the woods right now. :)

I know what you mean about small clones I had my fair share. Once the root system start really kickin in theyll explode like nobodies business. Im dealing with a 5" clone now that dont want to speed up. Real stubborn lol. As for the CS im going to be starting when you start. Im not making a journal out of it, I would like to just follow your steps and then just make sure im doing it right I will share my pics if you dont mind just incase I have questions about how things are suppose to look with time. So im hanging from your journal on this one.

Oh and im still happy about you telling me about that Liquanox B-1 man I seriously put that over super thrive. Good stuff indeed in jumped started alot of my plants that was falling behind.

Do you add some type of mycorrhizae to your clones before you transplant??? Ive been using Great White. Gets there roots jump start plus its water soluble so I use every 2 weeks. Also SNS 604A works very well also

Cool! I'm glad that you are having such good results with the Liquinox B1! I've been using that stuff for nearly a decade now on our peppers and tomatoes as well as any other plants we transplant. Using it on my Cannabis crops was a no brainer and it really does prevent shock and also gives clones a nice little kick of extra nutrients without damaging their young roots! :)

That is always a concern after a long cloning process when the bottom leaves are turning yellow and the young clones really could use some food, but something like Grow Big would be too strong for them. The B1 is the perfect solution to this early feeding delemma.

The best part of all is how freaking cheap the stuff is!

I don't use anything but that on new clones. I've honestly never saw the need since the B1 makes a noticeable difference in early growth as you are now seeing yourself first hand! I recommend the stuff to everyone who does cloning, and for any transplanting you do regardless of the plant species involved. It works great on anything green! :)

Since you are going to be following me along with the CS process, I hope that you don't mind having to wait all this time to get started! Hopefully, once we get the ball rolling the remaining part of the process will go quickly. I fully expect that it will since the big time suck aspect of cloning out the experimental plants is now behind us, and we just have to wait for the clones to get big enough to flip over to the 12/12 and begin the flower cycle/

:thumb:

Better late than never! Subbed! Good luck with your knee and this experiment:cheer:

Welcome aboard wyrman!

Things should start to get interesting around here in about another month or so, so stay tuned! :)

Glad I was able to help you out! Hope all goes well with the knee. If you need anything let me know. The plants are looking great! I had to move my grow for a little bit but all is well in my neck of the woods right now. :)

Thanks TG!

I do too! The thought of having a part of my body cut away and removed then replaced with an artificial joint etc. gives me the willies! I know several people my Mom's age who have had it done and they have nothing but praise about the results, no more pain and added mobility, but I am 25 years younger than all of them, so having to have this done at my age is troubling.

I hear that these replacements are only good for about a decade or so before they need to be replaced again! When you are in your 70s or 80s, that really isn't an issue, but when you are in your early 50s like I am, that is definitely something to consider. I also worry about complications from the surgery and stuff like that. I haven't been under the knife in any serious way my entire life, so a surgery like this scares the crap out of me! Not because of the operation itself, but about what could go wrong after the operation.

All I need is to end up with a crappy surgeon who fucks things up and I end up in worse shape than I would have been if I kept my biological knee intact.

I meet with the orthopedic surgeon on the 17th to get more details on what my options are and if a knee replacement is my only choice.

I will keep you guys posted as soon as I have more info.

In the meantime, I am just going to try and deal with the mobility issues and the pain. Things are slowly improving now, so hopefully I will be able to get around more normally in a few more days. :)

good to see you gg i got my gdp beans for xmas i have 3 unsexed plants going lil over a month old now, little beasts! and i started a skunk#11, you know i was told i need both my knees totaled but i have been getting by with osteo bi flex and these injections my dr does every 6 months or so its made from roosters comb, i cant think of the name of them but its super thick liquid he injects its like getting a lube job, you should ask if you have not heard of it, i cant have surgery till i lose weight so this is whats keeping me going,
the clones and plants look great:thumb:

Cool! I'm glad that you are having such good results with the Liquinox B1! I've been using that stuff for nearly a decade now on our peppers and tomatoes as well as any other plants we transplant. Using it on my Cannabis crops was a no brainer and it really does prevent shock and also gives clones a nice little kick of extra nutrients without damaging their young roots! :)

That is always a concern after a long cloning process when the bottom leaves are turning yellow and the young clones really could use some food, but something like Grow Big would be too strong for them. The B1 is the perfect solution to this early feeding delemma.

The best part of all is how freaking cheap the stuff is!

I don't use anything but that on new clones. I've honestly never saw the need since the B1 makes a noticeable difference in early growth as you are now seeing yourself first hand! I recommend the stuff to everyone who does cloning, and for any transplanting you do regardless of the plant species involved. It works great on anything green! :)

Since you are going to be following me along with the CS process, I hope that you don't mind having to wait all this time to get started! Hopefully, once we get the ball rolling the remaining part of the process will go quickly. I fully expect that it will since the big time suck aspect of cloning out the experimental plants is now behind us, and we just have to wait for the clones to get big enough to flip over to the 12/12 and begin the flower cycle/

:thumb:

I have no problem at all with waiting until your plants get to 12/12. Ive been waiting this long. Also I like to watch your journals for great info and to see you grow. :thumb:

I use the B-1 every other feed threw veg as well as transplants. I moved some of my plants from coco to DWC hydro and the roots got settled in quickly and grew nice and white. I add it to my res every res change. The big fact that it has iron it is a major plus and is a huge building block for when the plants get into flower since iron is a major mineral thats needed that growers look past. Id like to share some of my veg photos with you if you dont mind or you can take a trip over to my first journal to take a look at the plants ive been vegging since using it.

I have no problem at all with waiting until your plants get to 12/12. Ive been waiting this long. Also I like to watch your journals for great info and to see you grow. :thumb:

I use the B-1 every other feed threw veg as well as transplants. I moved some of my plants from coco to DWC hydro and the roots got settled in quickly and grew nice and white. I add it to my res every res change. The big fact that it has iron it is a major plus and is a huge building block for when the plants get into flower since iron is a major mineral thats needed that growers look past. Id like to share some of my veg photos with you if you dont mind or you can take a trip over to my first journal to take a look at the plants ive been vegging since using it.

Sounds good Wiz!

I just checked out you grow pages. Everything is looking great! Glad that the B1 solution has become such a vital part of your grow toolbox! :)

Back
Top Bottom